Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Merry Christmas ?

For years I've been indoctrinated to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas". Whatever; I'm not terribly religious and don't really care. But this year it seems like I'm hearing Merry Christmas a lot. Anyone else notice this? :dunno:

Yep, been hearing it a lot more this year. I think it's a backlash against all of the PC crap, and am all for it.

• Like 1

I always say merry christmas. If someone doesn't like it, I say it twice.

Definitely backlash. I say Happy Holidays unless I know that everyone is Christian. If I am with people who I know are Jewish, I say Happy Chanukah.

Definitely backlash. I say Happy Holidays unless I know that everyone is Christian. If I am with people who I know are Jewish, I say Happy Chanukah.

Yeah, my neck of the woods ain't to jewy. I don't worry about that one.

I say Happy Holidays as well; I don't even think of the religious makeup, because that takes effort. I thought about it today because I got an email from a Euro customer today which said Merry Christmas. My initial reaction was that Euros might not be as PC as us lobotomized Americans, but as I thought about it, I realized that a lot of people in my company have been saying it as they head off for the holidays. :dunno:

Yep, been hearing it a lot more this year. I think it's a backlash against all of the PC crap, and am all for it.

:thumbsup:

A "White Christmas" is frowned upon here.

Is that when you cvm on santas face ?

I say happy holidays. That way I've pretty much got you covered no matter what denomination you are.

I say "Happy Holidays" just to see which douche bags will start ranting about their hatred of PC America.

Who the hell is "indoctrinating" you people?

To say "merry Christmas" without knowing the belief system of the person you're speaking to isn't the most egregious offense you could ever commit. Keeping in mind that not everyone shares your belief system isn't the toughest thing to do either.

This topic is the star on the top of the fake outrage tree.

• Like 1

To say "merry Christmas" without knowing the belief system of the person you're speaking to isn't the most egregious offense you could ever commit. Keeping in mind that not everyone shares your belief system isn't the toughest thing to do either.

:first:

This guy nailed it. Looks like Santa left a lump of butthurt in a few stockings. :lol:

Whatever you celebrate, I wish you and yours peace and joy during the season and throughout the year. :cheers:

• Like 1

Is that when you cvm on santas face ?

That's a naughty list I'd rather not be on.

Sorry to ruin your diatribe but I didn't start this topic with any fake outrage. I merely observed that it seems like I am hearing "Merry Christmas" more than I have in the recent past. And my new (past year or so) company is about as conservative and stodgy as one can be. I wondered if any others had noticed this, and some say they have. And then some folks are discussing why that may be. :dunno:

I say "happy chick got knocked up and told the best lie ever" day, but that's just me.

NO!, really, I'm a virgin ~OM

Sorry to ruin your diatribe but I didn't start this topic with any fake outrage. I merely observed that it seems like I am hearing "Merry Christmas" more than I have in the recent past. And my new (past year or so) company is about as conservative and stodgy as one can be. I wondered if any others had noticed this, and some say they have. And then some folks are discussing why that may be. :dunno:

Let's see. You lead with how you've been "indoctrinated" and I ask who is indoctrinating you. Why wouldn't that merit discussion?

As for your observation, I believe it to be bullshit. Maybe that's the discussion you're looking for.

Let's see. You lead with how you've been "indoctrinated" and I ask who is indoctrinating you. Why wouldn't that merit discussion?

As for your observation, I believe it to be bullshit. Maybe that's the discussion you're looking for.

And has anyone ever met a live human being who is offended by "Merry Christmas"? Not some uber-PC, Christian-hatin caricature.

And has anyone ever met a live human being who is offended by "Merry Christmas"? Not some uber-PC, Christian-hatin caricature.

there are plenty of instances where whine bag atheists demand Christmas displays and references be removed.

The same thing.

Perhaps "indoctrinated" wasn't the best word. Sensitized?

Regardless, if you read my OP and got fake outrage out of that, I would say your fake outrage sensor is set to 11. Might want to crank that puppy down a bit.

Merry Christmas. :cheers:

there are plenty of instances where whine bag atheists demand Christmas displays and references be removed.

The same thing.

I mostly see butthurt poosay phagholes complain about the imaginary War on Christmas in their heads.

Fake outrage.

I mostly see butthurt poosay phagholes complain about the imaginary War on Christmas in their heads.

Fake outrage.

I always see some faggy eyeliner queer fake outraging over made up appearances of outrage.

I see jt has caught onto the "call fake outrage" gay brigade you created.

Rmff :)

The same thing.

Doesn't happen. Maybe it did, I don't know. But nowadays, they only ask that public spaces allow for all displays, not just Christian ones.

For instance, the Wisconsin State Capitol features a tribute to The Old Gods (from Game of Thrones) alongside the nativity this year.

May the Old Gods be with you this holiday season.

I've said Merry Christmas to my Jewish friend before and he had no problem at all with it. They even get a Christmas Tree and celebrate / exchange gifts.

The same thing.

There also are instances where people have been tortured or killed in the name of god. But that doesn't answer my question either.

I've said Merry Christmas to my Jewish friend before and he had no problem at all with it. They even get a Christmas Tree and celebrate / exchange gifts.

One of the guys I work with is Jewish, and I love how he handles it. when someone says "Merry Christmas.", he simply replies "Happy Chanukah."