Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Rams trading Bradford to Eagles for Foles...

Why in the fock would Kelly want Bradford? Unless a #1 or #2 is involved - makes no sense. Bradford sucks.

Boo, Bradford is not worth a pile of dog crap. Its really a lateral move for both teams. Rams replace sucky qbs with another sucky qb and foles, who sucks, gets to suck on the rams. But Foles is way better than Bradford, he just wont play after Chip Ditkas their whole draft for Mariota...who also will suck!

As a Giants fan, I say YAY!!!!

Cowboys fans are dancing in the streets too!! :banana:

Wait: We get Bradford and we have to give a pick to St. Louis? :doh:

Wait: We get Bradford and we have to give a pick to St. Louis? :doh:

Oh shiat, I thought Philly got the picks for taking Bradford. You guys have to give them??? :lol:

Oh shiat, I thought Philly got the picks for taking Bradford. You guys have to give them??? :lol:

That has really got to be a misprint. :doh:

If the Eagles are giving picks, it is puzzling.

I'd say they're going all in on Mariota, but why not keep Foles, save 11.5 million against the cap, let Foles walk at the end of the year, and get a comp pick?

I'm calling it now - Sanchez will start at least 12 games this season.

Why in the fock would Kelly want Bradford? Unless a #1 or #2 is involved - makes no sense. Bradford sucks.

Chip's OC is Pat Shurmur, who coached Bradford as a rookie in 2010. I don't get the "scheme fit" in Kelly's offense, but I have no doubt Bradford is a better quarterback than Foles WHEN HEALTHY. Given Bradford's injury history, however, I don't understand why the Eagles had to give up picks.

On Bleeding Green Nation they're saying Eagkes get Bradford, 1.10 and the Rans 2nd rounder for Foles and 1.20. That makes a lot more sense.

Don't see how this helps either team

On Bleeding Green Nation they're saying Eagkes get Bradford, 1.10 and the Rans 2nd rounder for Foles and 1.20. That makes a lot more sense.

Not for the Rams it doesn't

Don't see how this helps either team

If there are picks coming to the Eagles it helps them get closer to Mariota while helping the Rams clear cap space and sever ties with a QB they surely don't want anymore.

If there are picks coming to the Eagles it helps them get closer to Mariota while helping the Rams clear cap space and sever ties with a QB they surely don't want anymore.

edzachary

I am happy to see foles not end up on the titans. I may put some money on the rams to win the SB this year. Awesome defense and now a legit QB.

Looks like a smokescreen to me. If the first rounders are true, we may be able to do business with Philly now. Otherwise we take Smith/Cooper and let the Jets have Mariotta.

Swap of first rounders confirmed.

By who? Need confirmation of this as I don't see it anywhere. Just rumors and speculation as of right now on the draft pick compensation.

By who? Need confirmation of this as I don't see it anywhere. Just rumors and speculation as of right now on the draft pick compensation.

Sorry: Heavily reported by espn radio.

Rams are getting fleeced they probably would have given up Foles for a can of corn. Also latest headline on Roto has Philly back in the DeMarco picture.

This is the closest I could come: http://www.eagledelphia.com/2015/03/breaking-nick-foles-traded-to-st-louis-rams-for-bradford-picks.html

According to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Eagles will receive the Rams' 10th pick in this year's draft, as well as additional conditional picks for 2016. Foles and the Eagles' 20th pick of 2015 will be sent to St. Louis.

Sigh. Jim Thomas did NOT say the teams swapped first-round picks. He said "Bradford-Foles trade involves exchange of picks in 2015, plus conditional picks in 2016. Deal is not signed yet."

He later said on Twitter - "I'm told by Rams that Bradford-Foles trade does NOT involve swap of first-round picks."

The amount of bad journalism and increasing bad analysis over the last week has been far too prevalent.

Sigh. Jim Thomas did NOT say the teams swapped first-round picks. He said "Bradford-Foles trade involves exchange of picks in 2015, plus conditional picks in 2016. Deal is not signed yet."

He later said on Twitter - "I'm told by Rams that Bradford-Foles trade does NOT involve swap of first-round picks."

The amount of bad journalism and increasing bad analysis over the last week has been far too prevalent.

Sorry: The guys on local ESPN radio were talking about a swap of firsts as a done deal and I assumed that was correct because this trade makes no sense at all otherwise.

Eagles acquire QB Sam Bradford and 5th round draft pick in 2015 from Rams for QB Nick Foles, 4th round pick in 2015 and 2nd round pick in 2016.

If Sam Bradford is not Eagles' starting QB this season, Philly gets back its 2016 2nd-round pick from STL.

From Schefter

Kelly gives up Foles, and a 4th & a 2nd, for a guy who (basically) hasn't played in 2 years - and who comes with a $13m cap hit, and is free after this year? :unsure:

The official trade, reported at 6:46 pm by Schefter, is as follows:

Eagles receive:

• Sam Bradford, QB
  • 2015 5th round draft pick

Rams receive:

• Nick Foles, QB
  • 2015 4th round draft pick
  • 2016 2nd round draft pick*

* Pick returns to Philadelphia if Bradford does not start, in 2015 per NFL.com insider Ian Rapoport.

One of the worst deals I've ever heard. I love it!

Well, now Schefter's saying:

Eagles will surrender 2016 2nd-round pick to Rams in QB trade no matter what. But will get back a conditional 2016 pick from Rams. It will be a 3rd if Bradford does not play at all; and a 4th if he starts less than 50 percent of plays.

it's not a horrible trade as all of the rams picks are tied into bradford's health

The second-round pick goes back to the Eagles if Bradford doesn't start at least eight games this season and the Eagles also get an additional fourth-round pick. If Bradford is re-injured, the fourth becomes a third-round pick.

Sorry: The guys on local ESPN radio were talking about a swap of firsts as a done deal and I assumed that was correct because this trade makes no sense at all otherwise.

MDC: Understand, my displeasure isn't with you. The degradation of journalism that's widespread these days, in some part due to the "social media" world we live in, can be very frustrating at times when you're trying to pass on accurate information. This is one of those cases. Those outlets mis-representing trades, or regurgitating rumors as fact, only compound the problem. Anyway, back to the topic...

• Like 1

this just doesn't have the feel of a cohesive plan for PHI's restructure. am i just not seeing the forest for the trees?