Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

edit ***2015 Baseball Talk***

Addison Russell is getting called up after only a handful of games in AAA. It's getting fun again, this team has a bit of swagger about them

They should. This is the best Cubs team in generations

They should. This is the best Cubs team in generations

Next year will be even better if Schwarber gets called up. They'll have a team stacked with #3 hitters

Playoffs start yet?

God baseball sucks to watch now :(

looks like the royals WC magic number is like 145 #royals

I take it back on getting to .500.

The Brewers focking suck balls.

I mean I think they literally like to suck balls rather than play baseball.

Interleague question: why not switch things up and do the DH in the NL parks, and have the pitchers bat in the AL parks? That way the fans could see a different brand of baseball a few times per year, drawing some potential interest. :dunno:

no NL rules are stupid.

Players and teams are beginning to lean toward moving to DH in both leagues. AL rosters have the advantage now because the big bats want to go to the AL where they have an extra batter each game and rosters are more potent. I think the trend since more interleague games have been played is that AL teams tend to have the advantage. Also, going with DH in both leagues means more money to players as all teams can stock up with an extra bat that gets in the lineup everyday, so you're paying big money for one more player on your team rather than a utility player that helps you with a double switch late in the game. Also, why risk having your $20m per year pitcher get out to bat, run etc and risk more injury when you have that much invested in those players. Eventually both leagues will end up going with the DH.

hey jer I'm flying in to Scottsdale tomorrow wanna hook-up? :hyper:

staying at the firesky resort. Playing golf at the Gainey Ranch golf club on Friday :o

I grew up after the DH was implemented and never really bothered watching National League games so to me it's always been that way. When I heard how Mickey Lolich hit a home run in the 1968 World Series it struck me as weird that a Tigers' pitcher would ever do that.

I prefer NL ball because there is more strategy involved, but the NL has to adopt the DH pretty soon. There are maybe two or three pitchers who aren't absolute hacks up there. It's an automatic out nowadays. Best case is they can bunt and move a runner over.

Like I said, I prefer the NL, but the DH is coming

GET OFF MY LAWN!

• Like 1

When I was 20 and loved the sh1t out of baseball, I was NO DH all the way. I loved all the intricacies of baseball managing and the double switch and the pitcher hitting.

somewhere along the way, baseball became something different to me. Now I am PRO DH all the way. I don't have time for managing. Throw a lineup out there, get the focking game over with and lets start the playoffs.

Eventually both leagues will end up going with the DH.

If it does, I hope NEVER in my lifetime...

I prefer NL ball because there is more strategy involved, but the NL has to adopt the DH pretty soon. There are maybe two or three pitchers who aren't absolute hacks up there. It's an automatic out nowadays. Best case is they can bunt and move a runner over.

That is because of the DH...

When I was 20 and loved the sh1t out of baseball, I was NO DH all the way. I loved all the intricacies of baseball managing and the double switch and the pitcher hitting.

somewhere along the way, baseball became something different to me. Now I am PRO DH all the way. I don't have time for managing. Throw a lineup out there, get the focking game over with and lets start the playoffs.

I prefer the strategy, but I know I'm in a dying minority. Took my wife to a white sox game once, ended up being something like 11-8 win.. She said it was much more fun than a Cubs game. Casual fans like all the mashing

I don't necessarily like it because of all the "mashing" I just don't like a guaranteed out every couple innings allowing you to pitch around hitters to get out of an inning. There is still a lot of strategy that can be played with the DH, just ask Ned Yost :banana:

Took my wife to a white sox game once, ended up being something like 11-8 win.. She said it was much more fun than a Cubs game. Casual fans like all the mashing

This right here is the reason MLB didn't care about the steroid era at the time when it needed the fans to return after the 1994 strike...

I don't necessarily like it because of all the "mashing" I just don't like a guaranteed out every couple innings allowing you to pitch around hitters to get out of an inning. There is still a lot of strategy that can be played with the DH, just ask Ned Yost :banana:

A guy who's name is associated with focking up? I'm sure you heard the term "they got yosted.." Before

A guy who's name is associated with focking up? I'm sure you heard the term "they got yosted.." Before

Kinda like getting munsoned ?

hey jer I'm flying in to Scottsdale tomorrow wanna hook-up? :hyper:

staying at the firesky resort. Playing golf at the Gainey Ranch golf club on Friday :o

Weird, I had never heard of Firesky before. Looks like a nice place. Great location near Fashion Square and Old Town. Gainey Ranch is a good course.

It's supposed to cool off a little this weekend (for Phoenix) with a chance of rain, so bring a light jacket. It still cools off in the evening as well.

Weird, I had never heard of Firesky before. Looks like a nice place. Great location near Fashion Square and Old Town. Gainey Ranch is a good course.

It's supposed to cool off a little this weekend (for Phoenix) with a chance of rain, so bring a light jacket. It still cools off in the evening as well.

I hope he wears a red jacket and white outfit and gets spaghetti thrown on him like the karate kid.

Yeah Ned got the boot in Milwaukee, took heat for early decisions in KC, but the way he managed through the playoffs this year and early season success is quickly changing a lot of opinions of him. Just wondering how long it will take other teams to try and follow suit of the royals to build teams with pitching, speed and defense. Almost seems like it could be a recipe for success in the postseason when most teams left have quality pitching, and being able to get on base and put pressure on teams seems to work.

I only packed short sleeves :mad:

Low is 60 through the weekend. I think I can handle that. It was 39 when I left Joetown this am wearing short sleeves :dunno:

Did Thurman Munson get munsoned?

Thurman Munson - Yankees catcher, killed when he crashed the small plane he was flying.

Cory Lidle - Yankees pitcher, killed when he crashed the small plane he was flying.

I should have seen the last one coming. The day prior, I was at game 4 of the ALDS when the Tigers eliminated the Yankees. Cory Lidle made his final appearance. Sitting in front of me in the stands? A Yankees fan with a Thurman Munson jersey.

Royals in yet another bench clearing scruff,two Chisox and three Royals ejected.

MLB Network Harold Reynolds and others I give you a big thumbs up for telling it like it is,29 years of nothing and KC Royals not taking sh!t from anyone.

George Brett has to be loving it.

I hate harold reynolds. I wish he and rod allen would get lost at sea in a small boat and be eaten by sharks.

Go figure, its punk*ss Ventura and pusSale involved among others. Both of those punks need an asswhipping. Of course, it is baseball, so finding someone to do it might be tough. Best outcome of all of this would be for Harrleson to fall out of the booth and croak during the fight.

You can put him on a SLAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB. He gone!

Go figure, its punk*ss Ventura and pusSale involved among others. Both of those punks need an asswhipping. Of course, it is baseball, so finding someone to do it might be tough. Best outcome of all of this would be for Harrleson to fall out of the booth and croak during the fight.

You can put him on a SLAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB. He gone!

I wish we can give hawk harrelson to Isis, he makes the game unwatchable

I wish we can give hawk harrelson to Isis, he makes the game unwatchable

Him and Johnny Most, the two worst of all-time.

patweisers44, on 24 Apr 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

Him and Johnny Most, the two worst of all-time.

Just think - we had both of them in Boston at the same time. :o

Just think - we had both of them in Boston at the same time. :o

Thoughts and prayers.