Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

edit ***2015 Baseball Talk***

Well, the press jinx is working overtime on Cleveland. Hammered by Detroit, now Carlos Carrasco takes a line drive off of his face.

Well, the press jinx is working overtime on Cleveland. Hammered by Detroit, now Carlos Carrasco takes a line drive off of his face.

I thought it hit his glove.. Did it hit him in the face?

I thought it hit his glove.. Did it hit him in the face?

Grazed his fingertips before hitting him in the left cheekbone. I won't be surprised if he has an orbital fracture.

This might curse it but...Jose Iglesias has now seen 108 pitches on the year, hitting an even .500. Oh, one more thing: he hasn't swung and missed on a pitch yet.

ETA: annnd I sure did. Pitch #111 swung on and missed.

This might curse it but...Jose Iglesias has now seen 108 pitches on the year, hitting an even .500. Oh, one more thing: he hasn't swung and missed on a pitch yet.

ETA: annnd I sure did. Pitch #111 swung on and missed.

its been sooo long since we had a really good shortstop. Peralta was good while juicing I guess.

He can be called up Friday.

With Olt getting hurt, word is he's coming to Chicago tomorrow. I was wrong about Monday, but the injury definitely played a part in it.

Let's go kid, let's see what you got.

:banana:

• Like 1

With Olt getting hurt, word is he's coming to Chicago tomorrow. I was wrong about Monday, but the injury definitely played a part in it.

Let's go kid, let's see what you got.

:banana:

he went to my alma mater.

I can't wait to see him mash. I'm sayin 35 homers with a .275 avg.

Trout hits 2 out of the park. Youngest player to get 100 HR's and SB's in MLB history.

He's good. :thumbsup:

Aroid is the best player on the Yankees right now. I can live with that of it helps them win, but they're 4-6. Basically, it's worst case scenario. They are 4-6 and Arod is batting .344 with 4 hr and 11 rbis.

Could be a long year.

Bradley: 6 IP, 0 runs, 1 hit, left with a 4-0 lead vs. Kershaw. Pitched out of a second and third, 1 out jam. DBacks won 6-0. :banana:

After facing Kershaw, Bradley got to face Bumgarner. Outdueled Madbum 4-1 over 7 innings. The DBacks blew the lead so he got a no-decision (although they did win in the 12th).

Two outings against two of the best pitchers in baseball, 13 innings, 1 run. :cheers:

Random useless stat: heard yesterday that the top 4 scoring teams in the NL are in the West -- Rockies, Dodgers, DBacks, Padres. So some combination of good offense and crappy pitching. :dunno:

The Indians need to start focking hitting, or they'll be mathematically eliminated by the end of the month :mad:

Also, I think I love Heidi Watney and Lauren Shehadi. Neither smoking hot or anything, might be because baseball season is back :dunno:

The Tigers' starting pitching seems to be off to a pretty solid start this year despite Justin not playing yet due to injury while Scherzer followed the money to D.C. in he offseason and Porcello was traded in Boston.

Couldn't be any happier with the Mets' start but they are already getting crushed with injuries. It's always something :mad:

Oakland/KC always a rivalry in NFL and now MLB,5 Royals coaches and players tossed yesterday,good to see the boys in blue with some p!ss and vinegar.

Oakland/KC always a rivalry in NFL and now MLB,5 Royals coaches and players tossed yesterday,good to see the boys in blue with some p!ss and vinegar.

I think the Royals got ticked off over nothing... That Lawrie slide wasn't too bad, maybe a little late, but I was surprised that throw went to second instead of first to begin with...

They weren't ticked, they just wanted to let Lawrie know what they thought about it and were then ready to move on. The D-bags in Oakland didn't let it go after that and now it's on like donkey kong.

posty, on 20 Apr 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

I think the Royals got ticked off over nothing... That Lawrie slide wasn't too bad, maybe a little late, but I was surprised that throw went to second instead of first to begin with...

That lawrie slide was pretty bad IMO. He actually took the time to text an apology to Escobar. Then he gets plunked (rightly so) on Saturday, takes his medicine and walks to first. If Ventura just keeps his punk mouth shut, everything ends right there. But he doesn't and in typical baseball player fashion acts like a tough guy when there are two guys between him and Lawrie. Then Herrera throws at him on Sunday (after a royals player got hit earlier, mind you) which is ok, but then proceeds to tell him the next one is at his head.

All that being said, Lawrie could have charged the mound too. In the end he kind of looks like a puss in the whole deal and the Royals pitching staff looks like a bunch of punks.

That lawrie slide was pretty bad IMO. He actually took the time to text an apology to Escobar. Then he gets plunked (rightly so) on Saturday, takes his medicine and walks to first. If Ventura just keeps his punk mouth shut, everything ends right there. But he doesn't and in typical baseball player fashion acts like a tough guy when there are two guys between him and Lawrie. Then Herrera throws at him on Sunday (after a royals player got hit earlier, mind you) which is ok, but then proceeds to tell him the next one is at his head.

All that being said, Lawrie could have charged the mound too. In the end he kind of looks like a puss in the whole deal and the Royals pitching staff looks like a bunch of punks.

The issue though is that Ventura got tossed on Saturday with no warning and then yesterday when Cain got hit by Kazmir he got a warning and then came Yost's implosion and rightfully so.I agree with you though especially about Herrea,the pointing at his head was not good and I'm afraid it's going to cost him a suspension.

The issue though is that Ventura got tossed on Saturday with no warning and then yesterday when Cain got hit by Kazmir he got a warning and then came Yost's implosion and rightfully so.I agree with you though especially about Herrea,the pointing at his head was not good and I'm afraid it's going to cost him a suspension.

I totally understand the KC beef with the warning (and lack thereof). I agree with them hitting Lawrie on Saturday and then again on Sunday (after Cain got hit). But I think both KC pitchers antics deserved an ejection and an a**-whooping. I would have thought Lawrie was the guy to do it too. He took his medicine on Saturday and got yapped at by Ventura but then on sunday he shoulda charged Herrera. In typical puss baseball player fashion, he did nothing.

The umpire basically pointing at Yost and telling him not to leave the bench was BS too. That deserves an explanation.

• Like 1

The umpire basically pointing at Yost and telling him not to leave the bench was BS too. That deserves an explanation.

:thumbsup:

I've never seen Yost that p!ssed and have to admit I was :banana: to see it.

I see that different... Lawrie knows that the ball took that bounce and he probably figured because that he had the lead and the jump that the ball wasn't going to second... Then when he was coming into the bag (probably standing up), he saw the throw coming so he hit the dirt and had the late slide...

But like you said, he did take it on Saturday...

I don't think umpires have to give a warning if they think a pitcher is throwing at a player intentionally...

Texas blew TWO 5 run leads y-day in losing to the Mariners. We are truly a special kind of team. :banana:

Texas blew TWO 5 run leads y-day in losing to the Mariners. We are truly a special kind of team. :banana:

Yay, you play the DBACKS next. :D I got two free tix to the game tomorrow; crappy seats, I might not go. :dunno:

• Like 1

Yay, you play the DBACKS next. :D I got two free tix to the game tomorrow; crappy seats, I might not go. :dunno:

Be careful there 'skids...don't mess with karma. I have a couple of unused tickets to Justin Verlander's first no-hitter. team was crappy, seats were in a lousy section. Went out for dinner instead.

Be careful there 'skids...don't mess with karma. I have a couple of unused tickets to Justin Verlander's first no-hitter. team was crappy, seats were in a lousy section. Went out for dinner instead.

Ouch. You ever get to see one or do they still hate you?

Ouch. You ever get to see one or do they still hate you?

I saw both of his on TV..second one was in Toronto.

The Royals are now 10-0 when scoring more runs than their opponent! #Royals

If your daughter dated Paulo Orlando he would likely get to third base on the first date so watch out. #Royals