Sign in to follow this  
yupper

Where would you draft Foster?

As a long time Foster owner and a more conservative drafter, I generally agree with you. He's had lots of injuries the past few years, and he's been able to shake off all the pulled hamstrings and sprained ankles, but this is the kind of thing that can have a much longer impact, even when he's "healed."

Would be nice to know if he was going to be put on the IR before our draft this Saturday as we have an IR spot that frees up a bench spot in our league. Last I heard the Texans said he wasn't going to?

I'm going to let someone else deal with this, I Waiver wire hawk too much to give up a bench spot in our short bench league if he isn't IR'd.

Would be nice to know if he was going to be put on the IR before our draft this Saturday as we have an IR spot that frees up a bench spot in our league. Last I heard the Texans said he wasn't going to?

I'm going to let someone else deal with this, I Waiver wire hawk too much to give up a bench spot in our short bench league if he isn't IR'd.

heh had a little phone trouble this morning...Got it fixed.

No one wanted to touch foster in my draft last night. Got him as my RB 5 so even if he doesn't come back at all I won't have lost anything

Went to a draft just to watch it go down , and Foster went on the 6th round in that draft it was a 10 team league . It's just a matter of how you view it I guess , seems why to high for me .

Went to a draft just to watch it go down , and Foster went on the 6th round in that draft it was a 10 team league . It's just a matter of how you view it I guess , seems why to high for me .

You went to someone else's draft just to see how it went? hmmmmmm you may just have a problem

I dont see an issue with taking him anywhere from 6th-10th round. Obviously the later you can get him the better. No one can deny that when he plays he puts up RB1 numbers.

Year    GP    Pts     Pts/Gm
2014    13    256     19.69
2013     8     95     11.86
2012    16    275     17.19
2011    13    269     20.69
2010    16    345     21.56

Lets say he only plays in 8 games this year and averages 16 pts/gm for 128 pts. 128 pts would have been the 18th highest total for a RB in 2014.

• Like 1

You went to someone else's draft just to see how it went? hmmmmmm you may just have a problem

I dont see an issue with taking him anywhere from 6th-10th round. Obviously the later you can get him the better. No one can deny that when he plays he puts up RB1 numbers.

Lets say he only plays in 8 games this year and averages 16 pts/gm for 128 pts. 128 pts would have been the 18th highest total for a RB in 2014.

Will it was a fun party and I had a great time . It was like watching a mock draft . And I have lots of problems . Thank you Jesus .

My counter to this is:

1. 8 games is more than 60% of my fantasy season.

2. It is highly unlikely that the Texans roll Foster out for 25+ touches the week he returns. More likely it takes at least 2 weeks before he sees a substantial workload. Which means Foster misses or isn't 100% for 10 or more of your 13/14 game regular season.

3. This is all assuming a back who has had a massive workload and many injuries coming back from groin surgery is going to perform at a high leek when he comes back. It is more likely to me that even healthy Foster gets 15 or so touches to keep him fresh - not a volume that's going to produce RB1 numbers.

Given all the above I wouldn't touch him til rounds 8-10 or so and I am sure somebody in my league is going to bite before that.

Arian Foster will be the guy that gets nominated early in auctions with this recent news. And there will be an overpay.

I question whether any of you proclaiming they have everything to gain would actually feel comfortable starting him in what will likely be important fantasy weeks down the stretch.

I question whether any of you proclaiming they have everything to gain would actually feel comfortable starting him in what will likely be important fantasy weeks down the stretch.

Yes after a week or two of him being back and me assessing him

Yea I think what round you get him would solely depend on how many rbs you carry and when you reach that number you would feel,comfortable drafting him .

Even if I didn't want him, if he fell enough I'd draft him on name value alone. Then when all the Foster expected back soon reports come out his value skyrockets and you trade him. Straight cash homie.

• Like 1

I have lots of problems . Thank you Jesus .

Yes I do .

I grabbed him in the 15th round of my work league draft. I have a very solid RB corp so nothing really gambled. I still haven't heard a hard return date yet, but my guess is week 9. Between now & then I will try to trade him to the Blue owner (probably have a better chance after week 6 or so).

I normally don't draft a guy to use specifically with intentions of trading him but I figured I had nothing to lose.

Last I read on roto it was,looking like he might return late September .

I'm still too worried he won't be the same after the injury. I may offer him up in my auction draft to see if I get him for $1 and hope that others bid him up.

If he is playing you are starting him. I like the odds of him scoring 15+ vs him getting injured again.

What about auctions? What dollar values are people seeing?

I've only done a couple mocks and I'm thinking below $5. I have my auction draft this Saturday and may try to get him for $1. Our's is a $100 league.

So despite being a huge Foster hater this year I went ahead and drafted him as a 5th RB in the 11th round of a 10-team work league. At that point he was the best upside player by a mile and I was shocked to see him still on the board.

That's where I'd draft him I guess.

So despite being a huge Foster hater this year I went ahead and drafted him as a 5th RB in the 11th round of a 10-team work league. At that point he was the best upside player by a mile and I was shocked to see him still on the board.

Who are the other rbs on that team ?

So despite being a huge Foster hater this year I went ahead and drafted him as a 5th RB in the 11th round of a 10-team work . At that point he was the best upside player by a mile and I was shocked to see him still on the board.

Exactly my thoughts too. I got him real late in my 10 team work league as my #6 (14th round I think).

My RBs:

Bell

Hill

Forsett

L.Murray

Abdullah

Foster

Figured low risk, high gain IF he comes back...even in 2nd half of year. We start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, & 2 Flex (rb/wr/te), so it's possible to start up to 4 of RB/WR.

My WRs & RBs are stacked but a little weak at QB.

Side note - drafted Friday night & took Adams with my last pick. Got lucky once, praying for twice!

Who are the other rbs on that team ?

RBs: Lacy, Hill, Gore, Gordon, Foster

This league has maybe 3 people who know what they're doing and 7 who don't. Defenses were flying off the board Round 8.

Some truly awful posting in this thread. Don't take him in round 6 or 7 because you'll have a 3-7 record when he returns?

Someone should get punched in the throat... because your 6th/7th rounder typically makes or breaks your season?!?

Dumb.

Every fantasy team will waste a 6th or 7th or 8th rounder. They'll get hurt or just not produce enough to matter.

And heaven forbid if you have a bust in rounds 1-5. Immediately give up on 2015 and start "researching" for 2016 I guess.

Some truly awful posting in this thread. Don't take him in round 6 or 7 because you'll have a 3-7 record when he returns?

Someone should get punched in the throat... because your 6th/7th rounder typically makes or breaks your season?!?

Dumb.

Every fantasy team will waste a 6th or 7th or 8th rounder. They'll get hurt or just not produce.

And heaven forbid if you have a bust in rounds 1-5. Quit playing fantasy forever I guess?

I said that and I was joking, keyboard muscles. I don't think you'll necessarily be 3-7. I do think you should be drafting potential flex starters and RB/WR depth over a guy who won't play for 8 games in the 6-8 round range and the fact that everyone misses on picks isn't a good reason to overdraft a player. The news that Foster may be back late Septenber slightly changes my view on his value.

Please don't beat me up toughguy. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I said that and I was joking, keyboard muscles. I don't think you'll necessarily be 3-7. I do think you should be drafting potential flex starters and RB/WR depth over a guy who won't play for 8 games in the 6-8 round range and the fact that everyone misses on picks isn't a good reason to overdraft a player. The news that Foster may be back late Septenber slightly changes my view on his value.

The fact that he could be back in late September changes it a lot. He know jumps from being drafted in the double digit rounds to being drafted in 6-7 round. Essentially hes like Bell. Going to miss the first couple of games but will be back soon.

How does it only slightly change your view? He could be back by week 3/4. Is Tom Brady undraftable in your mind?

So on one hand you could draft a hopeful flex starter in round 6-8. The other option is draft a guy who could be a high end RB1 but only for the 2nd half of the season. The first option is smooth and steady with the goal of making the playoffs. The second is something that can win you the championship.

Heres Arian Foster back after only missing 4 games ladies and gentleman! Heres foster off the left side, Ohhh and hes down wincing badly! Guess ripping flesh off the bone isnt exactly a paper cut. I guess we expected too much from a chronic injury case with already tender hammys. Enjoy your zero and wasted draft pick, this is Marv Albert saying goodnight folks!

• Like 1

How does it only slightly change your view? He could be back by week 3/4. Is Tom Brady undraftable in your mind?

So on one hand you could draft a hopeful flex starter in round 6-8. The other option is draft a guy who could be a high end RB1 but only for the 2nd half of the season. The first option is smooth and steady with the goal of making the playoffs. The second is something that can win you the championship.

Foster's "best case scenario" is Week 3/4. Obviously if I knew he'd be fully healthy and ready to take on a major workload after a few weeks on the mend he'd be worth more to me than a healthy 3rd RB or WR. But my guess is that Foster misses more than a handful of games, isn't fully healthy in others, no longer gets 30+ touches per game and he's a major injury risk all year.

At some point the potential upside of landing a Top 10 RB on a PPG basis outweighs these risks. Personally I'm not leaving a capable flex starter or quality (healthy) 3rd back or receiver on the board to take Foster. I'll let somebody else in my league take that risk.

Tom Brady is a pretty poor comparison. He's not injured and doesn't play a position with a high injury risk where players who are older than 30 and have a lot of mileage are prone to falling off the face of the map. And Brady is probably an average to low end starter in depending on league size anyway. But I'd sooner take him in the 6-8 range than Foster, too.

"Wasting" a seventh round pick? You know what garbage is in the 7th round of drafts? A bunch of timeshares and marginal ability backs, some on really bad teams.

Ill take and did take the lottery ticket in foster this past weekend.

A7th rounder is well worth a lotto ticket. A 5th rounder, no. Thats really all there is to be said.

"Wasting" a seventh round pick? You know what garbage is in the 7th round of drafts? A bunch of timeshares and marginal ability backs, some on really bad teams.

Ill take and did take the lottery ticket in foster this past weekend.

The 7th round is a starting position. If you're in a 12-team league that's around the ADP of a Spiller / Gio / JBel, receivers like VJax / Brabdon Marshall or low end QB starters (Eli and Brady).

I will take any if the above in this range over Foster.