Sign in to follow this  
dave32

RIP Alfred Morris

Gone but not forgotten, mainly cause I'll remember how you wrecked the teams in the leagues I drafted you in. :doh:

I got Matt Jones in the league I have Morris but wtf. Morris has been decent this year, 4 carries????

I still kept Morris in today

So what happened? They just not play him? Or did he get hurt? Woke up to one dam point from him and I look to only see a handful of carried

So what happened? They just not play him? Or did he get hurt? Woke up to one dam point from him and I look to only see a handful of carried

From what I could tell they were both in a timeshare, but they chose to give Matt Jones the ball more often. And they were down late, so were forced to pass eventually putting in Thompson in as the passing back.

Looks like Gruden is going to ruin this team. Different backs on 1st, 2nd and 3rd downs? A million different receivers rotating. He has confidence in no one so no one has confidence in themselves. Plus he is sticking with a QB that can't complete a pass more than 5 yards downfield. If it wasn't so comical it would be a travesty.

Coughlan is the same mold which is why the Giants are perennial disappointments. Giants did everything they could to try to give away that game at the end. Fortunately for them, they were playing against the same kind of loser team.

It is about time the major analysts in this sport start attacking this style of play. It's not good for the teams, it is not good for the players, it is not good for the fans, and certainly not good for Fantasy players which have carried the NFL the past decade.

Looks like Gruden is going to ruin this team. Different backs on 1st, 2nd and 3rd downs? A million different receivers rotating. He has confidence in no one so no one has confidence in themselves. Plus he is sticking with a QB that can't complete a pass more than 5 yards downfield. If it wasn't so comical it would be a travesty.

Coughlan is the same mold which is why the Giants are perennial disappointments. Giants did everything they could to try to give away that game at the end. Fortunately for them, they were playing against the same kind of loser team.

It is about time the major analysts in this sport start attacking this style of play. It's not good for the teams, it is not good for the players, it is not good for the fans, and certainly not good for Fantasy players which have carried the NFL the past decade.

Gruden will get fired before the end of the season I suspect. but the organization is still a mess. I'm not sure I'd touch any player on this team.

Looks to me like they want to run and have Cousins be a game manager. Asking him to suddenly be a guy throwing 40 yards down the field on the run 40 times for the game without the timing and practice is silly. Even Peyton Manning hasn't gotten there yet this year.

Looks to me like they want to run and have Cousins be a game manager. Asking him to suddenly be a guy throwing 40 yards down the field on the run 40 times for the game without the timing and practice is silly. Even Peyton Manning hasn't gotten there yet this year.

The problem for this team--aside from management, ownership, and coaching--is that they drafted RGIII.

Now RGIII is, clearly, a Subway guy. But they've benched the Subway guy for Cousins. This causes waaaaay to much tension in the locker room, as the rest of the team has to pick sides. Who has the fresher bread? Who has better cold cuts? What about practice squad guy Mike Quizno?

it's a mess.

• Like 1

The problem for this team--aside from management, ownership, and coaching--is that they drafted RGIII.

Now RGIII is, clearly, a Subway guy. But they've benched the Subway guy for Cousins. This causes waaaaay to much tension in the locker room, as the rest of the team has to pick sides. Who has the fresher bread? Who has better cold cuts? What about practice squad guy Mike Quizno?

it's a mess.

I understand where you are going but does Washington need a 4th RB with RG?

it's a mess.

I doubt anyone on that team is in RG3s camp besides the owner. He seems like a big time douche. If you suck and are a douche at the same time, NO ONE is going to be on your side or even have a bit of respect.

I doubt anyone on that team is in RG3s camp besides the owner. He seems like a big time douche. If you suck and are a douche at the same time, NO ONE is going to be on your side or even have a bit of respect.

Alf is on team rg3. the only time he was productive was when the skins ran the read option.

Alf is on team rg3. the only time he was productive was when the skins ran the read option.

Alf did perform better with RG3, but was able to go for 121yds week 1 w/o him. I think some of Matt Jones success last week is due to the fact that St. Louis came in expecting Morris to run the majority of the time and wasn't prepared for the change in speed and agility that Jones brings to the table. The Giants were prepared and effectively held him in check. It's possible that Morris's running style conditions the defense to respond to his power style (and wears them out as well) and the change up throws them off when Jones comes in, not to take anything away from Jones because he has played well (except for the goal line fumble). Unfortunately, they didn't run Morris enough to establish that against the Giants D. I'm just throwing that out there as a possibility but I could be way off.

The writing was on the wall if you did your research this off season. All I heard is how great Jones is. Alf was a do not draft in my eyes.

LOL. I, on the other hand, was stupid busy this end of summer, and packed the vast majority of my research into a one week span of intensive reading/watching. Missed on Jones completely, thought Morris was still a decent (but not amazing) back, just missed on him in drafts. Scooped up Jones in my big league, though, from the things a couple of people here said about him. A little dumb luck, but it looks like good dumb luck so far :)

So they basically abandoned the run when they were never really down big until the 4th quarter. They were down by no more than 12 at any time for 3 quarters but time to PANIC, start throwing that rock!!!!!

Gruden is a fraud.

Now Gruden says Alf is still the lead dog. Says they had to go away from the run wich was total bull. It was a moderately close game til late. Team killers all around in washington.

The writing was on the wall if you did your research this off season. All I heard is how great Jones is. Alf was a do not draft in my eyes.

Sure, just like how CJ Anderson was a can't-miss if you did your research this offseason, right? Give me a break. No one knows how these things are gonna shake out, and I'd trust my reasoning behind this every time- One of the most consistent backs in the league his first 3 years, and now is in a contract year with a rookie RB breathing down his neck. If that can't get him going I don't know what would.

What I didn't anticipate was (besides the benching of RGIII) the coach just automatically giving Jones a 50/50 split the 2nd game. Right after Alf had a great 1st game as well. Then just like that Jones is getting MORE touches. I would think a rational team would do what the cowboys did if you don't plan on resigning your stud RB, ride him until the wheels fall off.

Whole offense is a mess atm. Only player safe to start is Jordan Reed

Matt Jones will be great if he gets 20 carries but its looking like a committee

Whole offense is a mess atm. Only player safe to start is Jordan Reed

Matt Jones will be great if he gets 20 carries but its looking like a committee

I dunno about that last statement. He went from not much in week 1, to impressive in week 2, to *starting* and *out-carrying* Morris in week 3. That looks like a small trend. Still only three weeks, next week will be telling. And heck, almost everybody is in some kind of committee these days. I'll take the carry numbers from Jones, compared to Morris, from this last week.

Jones has more overall talent than Morris so as this season goes on Jones is going to get more work .

Gruden will be getting fired midseason so anything can happen. Up to and including RG3 making starts this year.

Week 2 Jones clearly outplayed Morris. Neither did much Week 3 but Jones still seems to have more upside, he just needs to learn how to hod on to the ball.

Due to that fumble Alf still has a chance, but if I had him I'd be trying to sell right now.

Week 2 Jones clearly outplayed Morris. Neither did much Week 3 but Jones still seems to have more upside, he just needs to learn how to hod on to the ball.

Due to that fumble Alf still has a chance, but if I had him I'd be trying to sell right now.

Jones has never been a fumbler, it's not something he has to learn. Everyone fumbles occasionally.

Matt Jones looks to be an afterthought now.

My, how quickly things can change in FF.

Maybe. One game isn't a trend, but it wasn't encouraging.

Two games

Two games

Huh? You mean last week, when he had 11 carries to Morris' 6? The whole game plan got away from running. That's not what I consider as a single player being an afterthought...leading his team in carries for the week.

Huh? You mean last week, when he had 11 carries to Morris' 6?

Yes, that one. Things are trending in the wrong direction. I am still on board, for now......but have cooled my expectations, barring an Alf injury. The emergence today of Chris Thompson is concerning too.

Yes, that one. Things are trending in the wrong direction. I am still on board, for now......but have cooled my expectations, barring an Alf injury. The emergence today of Chris Thompson is concerning too.

I guess I just wouldn't call out-carrying the rest of the team and almost doubling Alf's carries last week the beginning of a downward trend. Had he outcarried Alf this week again and put up a bunch of yards, last week would have been the continuing of an upward trend.

This week was down, but the biggest concern about Jones isn't his team, imo. It's Alf. So last week was good. This week, not.

But eh, I'm not terribly invested in this argument :)

No need to lie to our self, Matt Jones is now 3rd in the pecking order. It doesn't get better for Morris either, because Thompson is taking 1st down carry.

It's worst for Jones, terrible for Morris, best of all Thompson.

3 headed RBBC with Thompson get the most touch.

Matt Jones is going to be the guy .

Wow, this changed overnight. And to think I dropped Karlos to pick up Matt. Smh