Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

What Will Belichick Do With His RB's This Week

Why does he run one all game one week and then sit him the next for the other guy. I now remember why I never had any Pats players on my team not named Brady. One site has Blount over Lewis and the next has Lewis over Blount in their rankings. Never again.

You would think this game sets up for Blount to do some 2nd half clock killing, which means I'd go with Lewis. So glad I avoided NE backs in all my leagues this year, though I did pick up Lewis in one league just before the season started, but haven't had to play him yet, and hoping I won't need to cuz the one week I need him, Bolden or Cadet will get the run I'm sure.

JAX is already facing some problems with injuries to starters - even a fully healthy JAX team is pressed to beat NE.

So there no reason to think that NE won't be in control of this game from the get-go. Blount should get more work than he has so far this season. But...

Dion Lewis's 25th birthday is this Sunday... will Belichick give him a little extra work because of it?

Tom Brady is also one TD pass away from 400. Lewis is the better pass catching RB.

And....

NE is going scorched-earth on the NFL (again)... Dion Lewis is the better fit when NE goes with their hurry-up, disguised formations passing attack. So the idea that Blount is used to bleed the clock may not even come into play - NE could very well just keep the pedal down and run it up.

No reason to think they dont stay with the same game plan as game 1 and 2. I am playing Lewis in one league and in another I have not yet played Blount.

When Lewis lost that fumble last week I thought "oh sh!te", but he continued to get consistent touches. I think that was pretty telling.

I think Belichick finally likes a running back. He'll get 15-20 touches.

Remember, when NE tried to sit on their big lead last week, Buffalo almost made a game of it. Jax won't have that luxury. This game is going to be 3 1/2 quarters of run it up football.

I was also assuming that Blount would out touch Lewis but now I'm not so sure. I think the Jags have been solid against the interior run. It seems Lewis is just as good a fit in this game, and even if the Jags get a big lead I don't think Blount really goes crazy. I suppose he's a Flex play in standard with the threat of GL work, but so is Lewis. I think Lewis is a RB2 at this point in PPR until he isn't. Makes sense right?

Game planning .... Which is weaker Jaxx pass or run D?

How well do they defend the no huddle, the TE position?

My guess: up tempo first half to pressure the road team then a big lead to control the clock with. Or, he tries to throw his former protégée off with Blount early and often

Game planning .... Which is weaker Jaxx pass or run D?

How well do they defend the no huddle, the TE position?

My guess: up tempo first half to pressure the road team then a big lead to control the clock with. Or, he tries to throw his former protégée off with Blount early and often

Their Run D is better but you also have to factor in opposition to this point.

Not the run game, but any thoughts on Aaron Dobson? Seems like the Pats have stuck by this guy.

Dobson is a guy we hear a lot about in camp and practice as a downfield WR that makes difficult catches. Then Sun comes and he's a role player.

Lafell when healthy is still a better option than Dobson - I guess consistency is an issue for Dobson but his ceiling is high if he ever "gets it".

Dobson is a guy we hear a lot about in camp and practice as a downfield WR that makes difficult catches. Then Sun comes and he's a role player.

Lafell when healthy is still a better option than Dobson - I guess consistency is an issue for Dobson but his ceiling is high if he ever "gets it".

I look at the season so far, and you have to dismiss the steeler game, because they decided not to cover Gronk, so Brady went his way all night. But last week, when an actual defense was around and covered Gronk, Brady looked Dobsons way 8 times and converted 7. Some of them were on 3rd down, so he has some trust in him. I'm picking him up and stashing. Maybe he can fill the LaFell role.

Nobody knows. That's the part that sucks.

Lewis is an electric player, but his fumbling coupled with his small stature likely means he'll get hurt or benched/split carries sometime soon.

Then again, it's BB....like someone said above, James White could rush for 24 - 142 and 2TD's.

Owning a NE RB is a infuriating thing and you have to get LUCKY on when your guy is gonna have his game. Blount is a moron, but BB keeps bringing him back...because he is a true game closer and is pretty decent at the GL. Blount is the ONLY RB (IMO) on that roster that can legitmately get 25 carries for 214 yards and 3 TD's, and that's why he's the one on my roster.

The hard part is trying to figure out when they are going to pound him, and good luck with that.

I'm playing him because I have to; and I'm optimistic because I have to be.

But if he gets 11 carries for 49 yards and 0TD's I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised.

I'm guessing Blount will get most of the second half carries. Going to say pats up by a large margin at the half and dion prime time lewis turns into 3rd down back.

With Lewis questionable against the Colts, is there a likelihood that Blount gets 20+ carries this weekend on SNF?

Who knows. He is New England questionable, which isn't the same as actual questionable.

Who knows. He is New England questionable, which isn't the same as actual questionable.

LOL.

"Hey Tom, how's that shoulder feeling?"

"Okay."

"Just okay?!"

<Brady - Questionable (shoulder)>

Lewis will play and play heavily as the Pats will absolutely run up the score, given the chance

Why does he run one all game one week and then sit him the next for the other guy. I now remember why I never had any Pats players on my team not named Brady. One site has Blount over Lewis and the next has Lewis over Blount in their rankings. Never again. No

No one in the NFL adjusts their offense week to week more that Belichick. The Patriots strength is in their planning for each opponent. Each week they identify their opponents weakness and try to exploit that advantage all game long. This has had the most affect on their RB's. The Patriots have not had a dependable every-week fantasy RB since Corey Dillon in 2004. Bill Belicheck Invented RBBC. Trying to predict what they will do with their RB's is always a crap shoot. Both Blount and Lewis look like good plays this week with the slight advantage going to Blount considering what happened the last time they met. The Patriots played ball-control in order to keep the ball out of Luck's hands.

This is the biggest REVENGE game of Tom Brady's career. The game has been circled in his calendar.......Against the team that put deflatagate into motion. I expect an all out pedal-to-the-metal air-attack. I'm making a bold prediction that no Rb gets more than five carries. Brady will toss it up all day. Fifty pass attempts, close to 500 yards and five TD's.

Shouldn't this be a revenge game for Indy? They didn't deflate Tom's balls :dunno:

Cost Brady a lot of money and damaged his legacy. they've been game planning this for months. I'll bump this thread after game.

Don't bother starting any RB in this game.

This is the biggest REVENGE game of Tom Brady's career. The game has been circled in his calendar.......Against the team that put deflatagate into motion. I expect an all out pedal-to-the-metal air-attack. I'm making a bold prediction that no Rb gets more than five carries. Brady will toss it up all day. Fifty pass attempts, close to 500 yards and five TD's.

That's what everyone else is thinking too.

But you've forgotten Hoodie. He's standing in the corner, quietly listening to everyone talk about Angry Tom. He's just hanging out, playing with his grandkids, smiling calmly to himself. Someone asks him to say something, and he raises a hand awkwardly, as if to say "No, no, this is about Tom. Talk to Tom." And they go back to Brady, asking him about revenge, asking him about his legacy, whether he'll be a first round ballot or not. And Brady will flash the fire in his eyes, and say the right things, but they'll all see the anger boiling up inside him, just ready to burst out on Sunday. And the press will all fly back to their laptops and say "Brady will tear them apart!" and "Air Patriots!" The Indy defensive backfield will read the headlines, the coaches will stare at themselves in the mirror all week and think "We *can't* let ourselves get beat like that!" All the DBs will have extra practice, hours and hours of game tape. There will be incentives, promises of days off if they win, threats of lost starting spots if they give up TDs and long passes. The linebackers will drill again and again, dropping back into coverage. They'll imagine Brady's angry stare, burning into their souls. They'll sleep not a wink Saturday night, visions of footballs blowing holes out of their backs. And all the time, Hoodie will just smile.

And then he'll run the F-ing ball 50 times.

• Like 1

But you've forgotten Hoodie. He's standing in the corner, quietly listening to everyone talk about Angry Tom. He's just hanging out, playing with his grandkids, smiling calmly to himself. Someone asks him to say something, and he raises a hand awkwardly, as if to say "No, no, this is about Tom. Talk to Tom." And they go back to Brady, asking him about revenge, asking him about his legacy, whether he'll be a first round ballot or not. And Brady will flash the fire in his eyes, and say the right things, but they'll all see the anger boiling up inside him, just ready to burst out on Sunday. And the press will all fly back to their laptops and say "Brady will tear them apart!" and "Air Patriots!" The Indy defensive backfield will read the headlines, the coaches will stare at themselves in the mirror all week and think "We *can't* let ourselves get beat like that!" All the DBs will have extra practice, hours and hours of game tape. There will be incentives, promises of days off if they win, threats of lost starting spots if they give up TDs and long passes. The linebackers will drill again and again, dropping back into coverage. They'll imagine Brady's angry stare, burning into their souls. They'll sleep not a wink Saturday night, visions of footballs blowing holes out of their backs. And all the time, Hoodie will just smile.

Spot on my man

Nice try.....brady will toss it up 50 times