Sign in to follow this  
Squintz82

Charcandrick West

Not a Charles owner, but I actually snagged him on a flyer last week. It's about the only thing that's gone right for me this season. However, I'd just like to warn anyone who is excited to pick him up that if it turns out like any of my other moves this season, West will find himself on the short end of a RBBC, develop a fumbling problem and be released from the Chiefs by week 12.......

I sure hope so, I already had RB injuries as it was then JC went down. JC, McCoy, Karlos, Tevin Coleman....talk about a total disaster there. I got West and someone else grabbed Davis, guess we'll see. Some think Davis gets the nod long term and West is change of pace at that point, man I hope not.

I had Charles. Couldn't get him.

Trying to get Buck Allen. He could be the starter this week and is now the clear 2 now that Taliafero is on ir.

Charles owner - didn't get him even though I had his player page pulled up last week already but picked up Gates and Snead instead.

I tried, but didn't get him. Got Barnidge, though.

Should I pick up Buck? Forsett's ankle injury supposedly isn't that bad.

Edit: Just dumped Morris for Buck. I already have Forsett.

• Like 2

I've got L. Murray and Martin on a bye and K. Williams still on concussion protocol. That left me with J. Hill and Abdullah. Abdullah hasn't done anything the las few weeks so I dropped him for West. Hope he pans out for at least this week.

Had Charles. Couldn't get west. Got knile hoping west fails.

I expect this to turn out like McKinnon and asiata last year. Knile will be a goal line back, west will get more yards and therefore be the safer play.

West has his issues with blitz pickup and pass protection as well, just like Davis. A former undrafted free agent out of Abilene Christian? No thanks, I'm betting on Knile Davis getting that cheese. Just like he has every other time Jamaal has gone down.

West will get his shot, but considering his (lack of) history he probably doesn't have much room for error.

Got him on a flyer. Hoping for depth behind Foster and Gore. May be a boost with news out of Dallas - may not be able to count on Randle, although I hope to have that option.

I dropped Abdullah & grabbed West.

I'm loaded at RB so I have the luxury of waiting to see what happens.

If he does pan out, there's a good chance that I could have 5-6 RBs in the top 12-15 (if Hill can get it going & West returns investment) by end of year (I can play upto 4).

Went for just over 60% of FAAB $$$ last night. Hard to justify that kind of money with Kniles in the mix but we'll see if it pays off.

I think Davis is going to be the back to have. He's proven he can handle starting duties. West is a tad on the smaller side as well.

As opposed to Charles size?

....but I get what you're saying.

As opposed to Charles size?

....but I get what you're saying.

Touche! but Charles is a monster. I guess we will see. Odds are its just another FF disaster. (aka RBBC)

Touche! but Charles is a monster. I guess we will see. Odds are its just another FF disaster. (aka RBBC)

I think everyone has it about right - meaning he's a gamble. I don't think he's equal to JC (other than size), but IF he can get roughly 80% of JCs output, I'd be happy (especially during bye weeks).

I think everyone has it about right - meaning he's a gamble. I don't think he's equal to JC (other than size), but IF he can get roughly 80% of JCs output, I'd be happy (especially during bye weeks).

I would be thrilled with 80%!

I think Davis is going to be the back to have. He's proven he can handle starting duties. West is a tad on the smaller side as well.

Davis has also proven to be mediocre at best (from an NFL perspective). There's a reason West was getting touches and Davis wasn't playing much.

Davis is the back to own..no debate.

Davis is the back to own..no debate.

Here's why there is debate. According to NumberFire:

Charcandrick West, RB, Kansas City Chiefs

When a star running back -- Jamaal Charles -- goes down with a season-ending injury, his backup doesn't exactly fall under the wide-reaching umbrella of the term "sleeper." When that backup has just 14 career touches and is also in the backfield with a long-time breakout candidate, then he's pretty sleeper-y.

Such is the case for Charcandrick West, the player with a dozen career carries, and Knile Davis, who owned a Rushing NEP of -30.05 on 204 carries entering the 2015 season.

That's a -0.15 per-carry clip. Over a large sample.

His career Rushing Success Rate was 30.39% entering the season, which suggests he's a home-run type of player whose home runs aren't enough to result in a net positive.

This year, Davis owns 4 successful carries on 11 attempts (36.36%) and a Rushing NEP of -0.46. West is 6 of 12 (50.00%) with a Rushing NEP of 0.57. Head coach Andy Reid says that West is more like Charles than Davis is. That alone isn't the takeaway, but coupled with Davis' woeful efficiency, it suggests West is the back to own in Kansas City.

I picked up West as a flier in a deep bench league two weeks ago. This week I traded Gordon for Davis. I know 1 to 1 that isn't an equal trade but I'm trying to lock down the KC backfield and see how it goes. Davis hasn't looked good so far this year but he has done it before. We really won't know the outcome for a week or two.

The outcome is going to be awful , week to week it's going to be a tough choice , I don't see any of them being the number one guy , they will roll with the hot hand during the game .

Yeah I'm not seeing it. Knile Davis is a 5'10" 227 lb back who runs a 4.37 forty. He just turned 24 LAST WEEK. When handed the top role in Jamaal's absence he has produced big numbers.

The other kid is wildly unproven in a feature role, and an undrafted FA to boot. I'm betting Davis takes that job.

I just traded West who I picked up off waivers to the Tevin Coleman owner. Rather have the chance of hitting the goldmine on a backup on a badass offense than a time share RB who won't get GL work on a downward spiraling team

Why can't they just sign pierre thomas!

I love that guy.

jdon

I grabbed west, tried to trade him to the charles owner, but he wasn't willing to give up much... So his value right now is nothing other than a hot WW stash/wait and see. His value can only go up from here.

Read an article awhile back explaining why small schools sometimes produce surprise skill players. The base talent seems to be there, the durability will now be tested.

Like mr Neil above I was tempted to dangle in trade, but I'm giving this 2 weeks to shake out

I grabbed west, tried to trade him to the charles owner, but he wasn't willing to give up much... So his value right now is nothing other than a hot WW stash/wait and see. His value can only go up from here.

Maybe for you his value can only go up. That's because it sounds like you made one of those d*ick moves where you picked up a guy's hurt players backup and tried to trade it to him. He probably would never trade with you in a million years. That's considered a d*ck move. Don't you know that?

For others West's value is very much tentative. A lot of people, myself included, put a significant portion of FAAB in the hopes of grabbing the big WW acquisition. If he takes over 65% of the production, it could be a great move. If Kniles takes over, the big investment in West takes a hit.

Maybe for you his value can only go up. That's because it sounds like you made one of those d*ick moves where you picked up a guy's hurt players backup and tried to trade it to him. He probably would never trade with you in a million years. That's considered a d*ck move. Don't you know that?

For others West's value is very much tentative. A lot of people, myself included, put a significant portion of FAAB in the hopes of grabbing the big WW acquisition. If he takes over 65% of the production, it could be a great move. If Kniles takes over, the big investment in West takes a hit.

So the player that gets the most work of the two would be the better one to own ? Thank you for clearing that up .

• Like 1