Sign in to follow this  
Roloff85

Christine Michael?

starting him with confidence this week. I feel like he'll give me just as much production as TJ yeldon.

That's some confidence you got for a player on bye

This guy is over hyped right now . I see bust .

How can he be a bust? Some people are hoping he materializes as a lottery ticket after picking him up from waivers or free agency. I don't think it's going to happen but it's not like most people invested a high draft pick in him or something :dunno:

No team is going to give up a star talent at any position in the NFL. Seattle has a great player personnel scouting team and for them to let Michael walk for a 7th rounder speaks volume.

He's overhyped and its simply dumb to assume Dallas will give him 20 carries if he's averaging the same as randle and McFadden. What has the dude done in his NFL career to warrant a 20 carry game right off the bat?

Im not sure why he needs to deserve the carries. If Mcfadden and Randle arent getting the job done, then what else do they have to lose by giving Michael a chance in game?

No team is going to give up a star talent at any position in the NFL. Seattle has a great player personnel scouting team and for them to let Michael walk for a 7th rounder speaks volume.

He's overhyped and its simply dumb to assume Dallas will give him 20 carries if he's averaging the same as randle and McFadden. What has the dude done in his NFL career to warrant a 20 carry game right off the bat?

Did Seattle let Forsett go too? Hmmm?

• Like 1

How can he be a bust? Some people are hoping he materializes as a lottery ticket after picking him up from waivers or free agency. I don't think it's going to happen but it's not like most people invested a high draft pick in him or something :dunno:

I use the term bust , because I do t think he will do very will has the Cowboys starter which what it looks like will happen next week . After all that time when he was with the Hawks he never ever came close to performing like most thought he would have . Even the Hawks kept listing him second most of the time on there dept chart and than he would be passed by Turbin . So over all I would say he is and will be a bust .

Im not sure why he needs to deserve the carries. If Mcfadden and Randle arent getting the job done, then what else do they have to lose by giving Michael a chance in game?

I think they have bigger issues than the RB position. They ran all over Atlanta at home in the first half and then blew it in the 2nd half when they went away from the run.

I use the term bust , because I do t think he will do very will has the Cowboys starter which what it looks like will happen next week . After all that time when he was with the Hawks he never ever came close to performing like most thought he would have . Even the Hawks kept listing him second most of the time on there dept chart and than he would be passed by Turbin . So over all I would say he is and will be a bust .

That's my thought too. If he's this super "talented" guy, why can't he beat out a guy like Turbin?

I think they have bigger issues than the RB position. They ran all over Atlanta at home in the first half and then blew it in the 2nd half when they went away from the run.

incorrect--they hit three big runs on randle's first 3 carries, and had <2ypc on the other 11 in the first half. big runs are flukey--they're usually the result of a big defensive mistake, a broken play, or a serendipitous playcall. "running all over" a team is consistently putting up a bunch of 5-6 yard runs, not a lot of short gainers punctuated by a home run or two. that's what keeps the chains moving and grinds down a defense.

the DAL run game has been consistently mediocre throughout the season, based both on RB play and OL play (leary doesn't look like the same player at all, and free has been very inconsistent).

That's my thought too. If he's this super "talented" guy, why can't he beat out a guy like Turbin?

let me answer with a question--if lynch was such a talented guy, why did he get replaced by fred jackson in BUF? why did BUF let such a stud go for a 4th and a conditional? scheme fit is important.

michael had some definite problems at SEA, particularly WRT details and attitude. this is the kind of thing that coaching straightens out, or management gets rid of. but it can't be denied that he has some very good physical tools, so at some point you have to take the new toy out onto the playground and see what you have.

Sure, I agree. But that won't make him a "bust" in fantasy football because nobody ever spent a high pick on him :dunno:

let me answer with a question--if lynch was such a talented guy, why did he get replaced by fred jackson in BUF? why did BUF let such a stud go for a 4th and a conditional? scheme fit is important.

michael had some definite problems at SEA, particularly WRT details and attitude. this is the kind of thing that coaching straightens out, or management gets rid of. but it can't be denied that he has some very good physical tools, so at some point you have to take the new toy out onto the playground and see what you have.

Lynch if I recall had some off field problems and begged to get of Buffalo and they did so .

Sure, I agree. But that won't make him a "bust" in fantasy football because nobody ever spent a high pick on him :dunno:

You know your right , when I posted my post it was about his over all playing career , and not so much about fantasy football , so I'm sorry about that , I should have made that more clear .

Had a die-hard Dallas fan in our league offer me Alshon for Michael straight up on Friday...it worked out well yesterday.

Rumors are he starts this week. Since he was on bye there's a chance he's still avail in your league and not on waivers. If you have a slot to spare you really should get him.

Bottomline: CMike is a swing-4-the-fences type of addition at this point in the season......which may or may not work out. However, it is these types of chances that can win you the Ship.

Was offered 4 awful trades for Michael this week

I was offered Hillman.

I don't see him being the home run that some might think he Could be .

I find the "doesn't get the running style" hypothesis plausible. In SEA, you're supposed to aim for a "dark crease" - a spot or lane that is not open yet but will be when the RB gets there (if I understand it correctly). If a runner doesn't get that (and is enough of a head case to try to waive Lynch off the field), then the talent doesn't matter. Wasn't DMC's last good year in OAK in a power run scheme? Coaching changes led to the team implementing a zone blocking scheme instead, and DMC stank even without injuries. If I recall correctly, it was a pretty stark and sudden contrast.

Had a die-hard Dallas fan in our league offer me Alshon for Michael straight up on Friday...it worked out well yesterday.

Niiice. I've been offered Knile for him, in a keeper league, last week...no thanks. I THINK I would have taken Jeffrey before the CHI game, but I'm not sure.

No team is going to give up a star talent at any position in the NFL.

We could start a thread, but it would kill Mike's new hamster.

• Like 1

I'd rather have Michael than Starks. Not because of anything on film I've seen from Michael, but because I don't believe that Starks is the answer.

James Starks' long TD run came because of a blown assignment by Melvin Ingram. He had no business overpursuing in coverage. If he contains the edge that run gets stuffed at the LOS. Again, context is everything. The Chargers are far and away one of the worst rush defenses in the NFL.

Additionally, with the bye week, Starks' touches on a weekly basis could be reduced if Lacy heals up. As for Michael, he gets a chance at a starting gig when the Cowboys are getting closer to being healthy. I don't care about the difference between Romo/Cassel/Weeden. I care about the no-Dez aspect for that offense. If/When he comes back, it's going to open up the offense to run the ball better.

Most long td runs are because of a mistake made by the defense . Not all but most , someone made a mistake in their assignment .

We can guess all we want, but we just got to wait two weeks to see how it shakes out. Coaches said they will open him up this week, but that could mean 7 carries or 20, who knows.

Point is, not a lot of players have this much potential at such a low cost, especially if you picked him up as a FA and didn't wait a waiver spot. I wouldn't go trading away a starter for him, but it things sure sound more promising than they did 4 weeks ago. If you got to drop him in three weeks because he didnt do anything, who cares

C-Mike is going to get a chance. That's about all you can ask for from a waiver wire bench stash.

What he does with that opportunity remains to be seen but there is big upside behind that Dallas offensive line.

C-Mike is going to get a chance. That's about all you can ask for from a waiver wire bench stash.

What he does with that opportunity remains to be seen but there is big upside behind that Dallas offensive line.

This guy gets it :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Well, with Lacy blowing chunks and Jamaal Charles on IR, my last chance for a successful season is CM performing like DeMarco last year. NBA draft here I come.

Well, with Lacy blowing chunks and Jamaal Charles on IR, my last chance for a successful season is CM performing like DeMarco last year. NBA draft here I come.

This is similar to my situation, I have McCoy and West(ugh) as my starters at RB, Tevin Coleman on the bench as a stash and I dropped Karlos for CMike because I can't have a bunch of handcuffs. Only roster 4 RBs in my league. I'm betting it doesn't work out as are most I think but I have to take the chance.

I am 1 and 5. FML. Starting him this week. fock it

I am 1 and 5. FML. Starting him this week. fock it

Now you're cooking

Correct. And Baltimore cut Priest Holmes before he landed in Kansas City. Eagles cut Dion Lewis. It happens all the time.

Correct. And Baltimore cut Priest Holmes before he landed in Kansas City. Eagles cut Dion Lewis. It happens all the time.

Even Dallas cut Jimmy Smith.

And Atlanta traded Favre.

And Atlanta traded Favre.

To be fair, 3200/18/13 and 3300/19/24 for his first two years weren't all that amazing (better than what we'd been dealing with, granted). Guys who get cut sometimes get cut because they aren't maximizing potential now. But point taken overall.

Isn't Dallas down 2 offensive lineman, or did I dream that?