Sign in to follow this  
martyj13

Brian Hoyer vs. New Orleans

I started K. Cousins vs. New Orleans and was very pleased.

Anyone playing Hoyer vs. New Orleans?

I have Big Ben and Matt Ryan, but I'm thinking about it.

Thoughts?

I added Hoyer to cover Eli's bye last week but he didn't play of course. I'm strongly considering starting Hoyer over Eli in a must win game for me this week. He's been very serviceable and gets New Orleans D. The only drawback I have right now is the Saints have a new DC and are coming off the bye so maybe they play out of their minds the way the Dolphins D did when they came off the bye and Campbell took over.

I have to decide between Hoyer, Rothesburger and Stafford. It is a tough choice because Philly just got torched by Winston and Big Ben has some great weapons to use. Hoyer has put up good numbers and NO has been awful against the pass. Tough choice to make.

Saints have given up 14 passing tds in the last three games I would roll with the kid Hoyer .

just a couple of pointers guys, Saints are coming off a bye with a new defensive coordinator, remember Miami the first game they got a new coach? they were re-energized and balled out, just something to think about.

just a couple of pointers guys, Saints are coming off a bye with a new defensive coordinator, remember Miami the first game they got a new coach? they were re-energized and balled out, just something to think about.

Saints are just that bad, Hopkins will force Brees to throw to catch up in another sloppy game. Don't hurt to have Cecil Shorts back.

I started K. Cousins vs. New Orleans and was very pleased.

Anyone playing Hoyer vs. New Orleans?

I have Big Ben and Matt Ryan, but I'm thinking about it.

Thoughts?

I am playing Hoyer and Washington and I am benching Brady and Demarios Thomas :wall:

I just dont trust Brady with no WR's against that Def esp on the road, and Butler will shut down Thomas like he did to Beckham.

same boat here....have BRADY & HOYER.....seriously looking at starting HOYER this week...

I'm bouncing the idea back and forth of playing Hoyer over Eli, who also has an amazing matchup. I ask you fellow fantasy guru's what do you think?

I have the exact same scenario and for the moment have Hoyer in over Eli. I read the NYG will be without two offensive lineman this week so I'm leaning Hoyer but still looking forward to other's opinions of course.

I have the exact same scenario and for the moment have Hoyer in over Eli. I read the NYG will be without two offensive lineman this week so I'm leaning Hoyer but still looking forward to other's opinions of course.

Well I look forward to keep checking back here and get everyone's opinions. Also checked the weather looks like rain in Washngton, but no wind.

This week I started Stafford over Big Ben in 1 league and looked smart. A few weeks back I started Bortles against the Titans and looked bad.

This situation seems perfect. I am starting him in 3 leagues.

It is the perfect storm for a colossal fantasy fail.

(although, for me, it is hard to envision a fail since I started him over Romo in all 3)

Starting him over Ben in one league, and Dalton in another. The Saints are just bad on defense, doesn't matter who's coaching them. Hoyer has been rock solid consistent when he's been in, so I'm considering 275/2 TD's the floor. Hoping for 18-20 pts minimum, would like 25.

Hoping for 18-20 pts minimum, would like 25 35.

Fixed

same boat here....have BRADY & HOYER.....seriously looking at starting HOYER this week...

What if this is the week the Patriots decide to throw on every single down? I remember the first Bills game and the Bills were playing well on D. Brady threw every play.

What if this is the week the Patriots decide to throw on every single down? I remember the first Bills game and the Bills were playing well on D. Brady threw every play.

had healthy wr's then

I would start Hoyer over Brady due to matchup and injuries but would start Big Ben against a more vulnerable Seattle D and a coin toss with Eli. Good luck.

Starting him over Carr. Hoyer has been solid when in... running game suspect, hoping for a shootout! :cheers:

Man...I have Eli over him for now in two leagues. I just have this sinking feeling this is a trap. I can see 2 TDs and 250 but not what stafford just did against the eagles.

Im also starting Hoyer over Brady with confidence. Surprisingly.

:huh:

Can't believe I thought Hoyer was going to be a stud even against the Saints. I put too much faith in three Texans- Hopkins, Blue, and Hoyer. That's too much faith on players from a mediocre team. Well, at least Blue did all right.

If Brees had been home this probably would have been more fun for us fans, but Saints do not play well on the road, especially if not in a dome.

I was grinning ear to ear after watching Hoyer and Eli's first quarters on Sunday knowing I made a slick move. Little did I know Eli would wind up outscoring him in the end. I put the blame on Brees though. This game was supposed to be a barn burner shootout and the Saints put up no offense at all and the Texans just started killing clock.