Sign in to follow this  
dain11279

At least 49 killed, 53 injured in Orlando nightclub shooting

Hmm.....I think we certainly could improve security.

It would increase jobs.

Just think, lives would've been spared if the appropriate security measures were taken at the club.

You should start a new thread Strike and tell us about your time in India. :wave:

Yeah but he wouldn't of been in a ghey bar. Wait. What ?

Wow. Thankfly you are right

That's pretty much what I was getting at :P

Hmm.....I think we certainly could improve security.

It would increase jobs.

Just think, lives would've been spared if the appropriate security measures were taken at the club.

:

Bull! The FBI has known about this guy since 2013. Once again our government has failed its citizens.

But we defeat them (ISIL) in part by saying you are not strong, you are weak. - Barack Obama 2/23/16

That's pretty much what I was getting at :P

:cheers:

GOP blocks bill to stop terrorists from buying guns:

http://on.msnbc.com/1TpJ6Vt

As they should have. The terrorist and no fly lists are a joke, which would be funny except for their exclusion of due process. Do some research:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/01/sunday-review/who-is-watching-the-watch-lists.html

And do some deep research in to the case of the woman mentioned in this article, Rahinah Ibrahim. She was on the no fly list for 7+ years simply because agents checked the wrong box on a form. And her trial was a riot. The judge repeatedly raked our government over the coals and made them look like Worms level lawyers. It was pretty sad.

https://www.wired.com/2014/02/no-fly-coverup/

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/03/after-seven-years-exactly-one-person-gets-off-the-govt-no-fly-list/

There's a reason "due process" is such an important concept in the constitution. Amazing how people want to just trample the constitution.

Perhaps all public areas need to have security check.

Walk through metal detectors and bag check to prevent such things.

Outside of being impossible, how would you pay for it? But the chaos would be fun to watch. Can you imagine a "bag check" at a Walmart on Sunday afternoon? It would be a 7 hour trip.

As they should have. The terrorist and no fly lists are a joke, which would be funny except for their exclusion of due process. Do some research:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/01/sunday-review/who-is-watching-the-watch-lists.html

And do some deep research in to the case of the woman mentioned in this article, Rahinah Ibrahim. She was on the no fly list for 7+ years simply because agents checked the wrong box on a form. And her trial was a riot. The judge repeatedly raked our government over the coals and made them look like Worms level lawyers. It was pretty sad.

There's a reason "due process" is such an important concept in the constitution. Amazing how people want to just trample the constitution.

In general, i tend to assume anything that becomes a hot button issue does so because there are some legitimate arguments both ways. :dunno:

If people don't even want suspected terrorists to be stopped from buying guns, then i am sure they have their reasons. But when totaling up the balance sheets resulting from a belief, you have to accept that this story definitely goes on the negative side of the ledger. Own it.

In general, i tend to assume anything that becomes a hot button issue does so because there are some legitimate arguments both ways. :dunno:

If people don't even want suspected terrorists to be stopped from buying guns, then i am sure they have their reasons. But when totaling up the balance sheets resulting from a belief, you have to accept that this story definitely goes on the negative side of the ledger. Own it.

I don't want anyone "suspected" of something to be denied their constitutionally protected rights without due process. It's really quite a simple concept.

:dunno:

Terrorist list sucks...so instead of fixing that and linking it with background check systems for guns...we just say, the list sucks...oh well

Terrorist list sucks...so instead of fixing that and linking it with background check systems for guns...we just say, the list sucks...oh well

We can have that discussion when the lists are fixed. Much like illegal immigration, where the left wants to grant amnesty to all those here without fixing the flow of incoming illegals despite a 1986 law requiring that they do so but that has been ignored, I don't think it's wise to link to a set of unconstitutional lists (court proven) before we make those lists pass constitutional muster. I realize all your lefties are all about trampling the constitution. I refuse to go that route.

Let's fix them...and learn to link systems rather than have people fight that over and over too.

Instead, we get more talk from those fockers and both sides.

For words?

I don't agree with him and it should be considered hate speech...though, your solution seems to be a clear violation of several laws and rights.

Charles Manson is in federal prison for "words". He didn't kill anyone. Perhaps we should let him out using your logic?

I don't want anyone "suspected" of something to be denied their constitutionally protected rights without due process. It's really quite a simple concept.

:dunno:

I want more gun control, but I'm in total agreement that people shouldn't lose rights based on being put on lists without due process and whatnot. That's a system that's too easy to manipulate or enforce agendas, etc.

That said, I can also admit that such a stance likely allowed the deadliest mass shooting in American history to occur. It alone doesn't mean my stance is incorrect, but if I don't consider this result, then my credibility as someone that thinks these things through logically goes out the window.

The gunman who murdered at least 50 people in a Florida nightclub early Sunday morning was a follower of a controversial gang leader-turned-bank robber who was released from prison last year despite warnings from prosecutors that he would recruit people to carry out violent acts.

The Government lets its citizens down again.

The gunman who murdered at least 50 people in a Florida nightclub early Sunday morning was a follower of a controversial gang leader-turned-bank robber who was released from prison last year despite warnings from prosecutors that he would recruit people to carry out violent acts.

This one is on Obama.

At least source this...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/12/orlando-gunman-tied-to-radical-imam-released-from-prison-last-year-say-law-enforcement-sources.html

BTW...

“Mateen was enrolled in [Robertson’s online] Fundamental Islamic Knowledge Seminary.”

So...we know this, we know he was investigated and released twice. yet, was allowed to purchase these weapons.

Also...

Yet efforts by federal prosecutors to tack on another 10 years to his sentence, based on enhanced terrorism charges under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, were not persuasive enough for U.S. District Judge Gregory Presnell, who freed Robertson in June 2015 with time served.

Seems, maybe the justice system let the citizens down more than the Federal government as far as the other guy's release.

But Im sure you only blame Obummer, right?

Seriously, I thought about this today. This might have an unanticipated effect where the ghey-hating rednecks actually start to support the gheys, in a way where an older brother can pick on a younger brother but will defend him if somebody else picks on him. :dunno:

At least source this...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/12/orlando-gunman-tied-to-radical-imam-released-from-prison-last-year-say-law-enforcement-sources.html

BTW...

So...we know this, we know he was investigated and released twice. yet, was allowed to purchase these weapons.

Also...

Seems, maybe the justice system let the citizens down more than the Federal government as far as the other guy's release.

But Im sure you only blame Obummer, right?

LOL

We can always count on you to cover this administration's ass.

You claim you did not vote for Obama and that you are not a radical leftist liberal yet every single day on here, all you do is defend this administration and lay blame for anything bad that happens on someone or something else. NOTHING is ever Obama's fault, no matter what.

Simultaneously, anytime we happen to get some good news, you give him credit. It does not matter if he earned it either, you can not wait to pat this guy on the back at every turn.

Everything bad that happens is someone else's fault or do to unforeseen consequences and everything good that happens is due to Obama's greatness.

Perhaps the craziest thing about all of this is how you keep telling people they are not allowed to support Trump because you do not like him. See where I am going with this??? As if we really have a choice at this point.

It is like you are insane or maybe a real life politician. Maybe you really are Mitch McConnell.

LOL

We can always count on you to cover this administration's ass.

You claim you did not vote for Obama and that you are not a radical leftist liberal yet every single day on here, all you do is defend this administration and lay blame for anything bad that happens on someone or something else. NOTHING is ever Obama's fault, no matter what.

Simultaneously, anytime we happen to get some good news, you give him credit. It does not matter if he earned it either, you can not wait to pat this guy on the back at every turn.

Everything bad that happens is someone else's fault or do to unforeseen consequences and everything good that happens is due to Obama's greatness.

Perhaps the craziest thing about all of this is how you keep telling people they are not allowed to support Trump because you do not like him. See where I am going with this??? As if we really have a choice at this point.

It is like you are insane or maybe a real life politician. Maybe you really are Mitch McConnell.

What did the administration do as far as the guy phurfur was referring to? The federal prosecutors sought more punishment for the guy...the judge let him out for time served. If you want to make an accusation, have something to back it up...or at least read what I actually wrote and what the article linked said. Unlike phurfur, I actually sourced both what I quoted and what he plagiarized.

I did not vote for Obama...nothing about me is a radical liberal leftist.

How is that Obama's fault...seriously...start by trying to use an actual focking fact rather than just complaining more and trying to insult me (when I did not say a focking thing to you).

Please link to me patting him on the back at every turn? Please link to me excusing him for the recent job reports?

Please link to me praising ACA or the economy? Or any number of his policies.

I defend from ridiculous focking stupid accusations like Phurfur made. I defend him from people acting like him saying radical islam in a speech would have changed anything that happened this weekend. I defend him from the stupidity of complete hacks on this site who only complain because he is a Democrat. The same people said nothing when the exact same policies were in effect for the previous President. (and I defended Bush on quite a lot too).

Whose fault did I make this? This shooting? It falls on several people as I have said. I think the federal government...whoever it may be...focked up and continues to fock up by not having a good list that can stand up to due process (though, we may disagree on how much due process is needed before letting someone purchase and AR 15 after some of the information we now know was available about this guy). I want that list linked to background checks. Id like a guy with this many red flags to not be able to purchase a weapon so easily...especially one capable of inflicting this much damage.

I have never said someone is not allowed to support Trump because of this...now you are again just lying about me.

What I have said...is don't support Trump and then try to call yourself a conservative. The man is not a conservative at all. And don't give me "its him or Hillary" as there were 17 choices and Trump is who you all picked.

In other words...if you want to start with me...at least use facts rather than spin and complete lies to try and complain about me.

It's not surprising, seeing as the Attorney General of the United States ( Eric Holder) for most of the last 8 years, was a guy who had no interest in enforcing the law and fighting crime. And the only thing I've heard from the current one was when they trotted her out there to tell LGBT kids to call the Feds if they get bullied. Good grief.

This one is on Obama.

We were laughing about who Would come up with exactly this kind of nonsense. Congratulations troll.

Je suis Gay

Maybe that's why he never married and never seemed interested in women.

Heard on the news that the crews now working inside the building to bring bodies out hear a constant crescendo of cell phones ringing as people are trying to contact all the dead....jesus.....

Political correctness has a price. If this guy was a redneck and not a Muslim, would the justice Dept/FBI etc be more apt to stop an apprehended this animal ?

Remember this AG, immediately after the San Bernardino attack was more concerned with islamaphobio and prosecuting anyone who dare decry Islam than the actual problem of radical Islamist.

What a pile of administration from the top down, it's the same play book each and every time, blame the inanimate object, ignore the real cause and demonize anyone who dares bring up the actual, factual cause of the massacres.

How many innocent Americans have to die for political correctness?

Political correctness has a price. If this guy was a redneck and not a Muslim, would the justice Dept/FBI etc be more apt to stop an apprehended this animal ?

Remember this AG, immediately after the San Bernardino attack was more concerned with islamaphobio and prosecuting anyone who dare decry Islam than the actual problem of radical Islamist.

What a pile of ###### administration from the top down, it's the same play book each and every time, blame the inanimate object, ignore the real cause and demonize anyone who dares bring up the actual, factual cause of the massacres.

WTF are you babbling about? He called it a hate crime. He called it terrorism. That's exactly what it was. There's a part of me that wants Trump to become President just so brainless morons like you can finally figure out why Presidents (including Bush), don't choose to use the Muslim/Islam label when talking about these radical ass holes.

Radical groups like ISIS and Al Qaeda want a holy war. They want to pit Christians against Muslims. If a Muslim goes bonkers and decides to bomb the Boston Marathon or shoot up a night club, he is talked about like a terrorist. Like a radical. Labeling these guys as Muslim or Islam only promotes the hatred that ISIS is trying to promote. And is more likely to drive the young, impressionable Muslim to feel alienated and encourage him to to seek radicalization. Do Presidents say Christian terrorism if one shoots up a school or movie theater?

Everyone is aware of what we're dealing with. This retarded right wing obsession with having Obama say "Islamic radical" is becoming hilarious. Don't worry, if ass hole Donald Trump gets elected, you'll hear all the verbal attacks on Muslims that you've ever dreamed of. And you'll also see terrorism increase tenfold. Scenes like the one in Orlando will be an every week occurrence. Be careful what you wish for.

• Like 2

What a pile of ###### administration from the top down, it's the same play book each and every time, blame the inanimate object, ignore the real cause and demonize anyone who dares bring up the actual, factual cause of the massacres.

That feels like a slippery slope a little bit to me.

What if the government went after anyone with a pickup truck, or a southern accent, after the Charleston shooting?

What should bother us most profoundly here was that this cat was on the FBI radar, and for good reason, yet still managed to accumulate weapons and execute this act.

I cannot be sure how we could ever stop someone like this unless he is taken off the street as soon as he makes contact with known extremists, and I cannot see how that can ever happen either.

We were laughing about who Would come up with exactly this kind of nonsense. Congratulations troll.

"We"? Would love to see that crew. Or is it just you and your imaginary cat?

• Like 1

That feels like a slippery slope a little bit to me.

What if the government went after anyone with a pickup truck, or a southern accent, after the Charleston shooting?

What should bother us most profoundly here was that this cat was on the FBI radar, and for good reason, yet still managed to accumulate weapons and execute this act.

I cannot be sure how we could ever stop someone like this unless he is taken off the street as soon as he makes contact with known extremists, and I cannot see how that can ever happen either.

I am not anti-gun and I believe in our citizens' right to own firearms. But the fact that this guy was on a watch list and was interviewed twice by the FBI, but was able to buy an AR15 assault rifle two weeks ago is an absolute embarrassment to this country. I am NOT for taking our guns away, but the fact that the NRA and its members won't admit that this is a problem puts blood on their hands.

What? What does it have to do with political correctness?

Nobody is blaming only guns...nobody is ignoring the cause (trying to actually understand what drove this guy to such a cause is not ignoring it).

What again should Obama have done to stop this guy?

Zero innocent Americans have died for political correctness...just another false narrative with zero facts to back your argument.

"We"? Would love to see that crew. Or is it just you and your imaginary cat?

Ppffftt !

Long live Bill the Cat.

What? What does it have to do with political correctness?

Nobody is blaming only guns...nobody is ignoring the cause (trying to actually understand what drove this guy to such a cause is not ignoring it).

What again should Obama have done to stop this guy?

Zero innocent Americans have died for political correctness...just another false narrative with zero facts to back your argument.

Morons need to blame someone. Right wings morons choose Obama.

Instead of terrorists- they should call these fockers just what they are- focking cowards.

Morons need to blame someone. Right wings morons choose Obama.

fort hood ... another radical Islamist under the FBI's radar allowed to murder innocents in the name of political correctness.

San Bernardino, neighbors of the islamists pigs witnessed suspicious activity, yet were afraid to report for fear of being labelled islamaphobes by political correct obsessed enabling twats.

Facts, you and the snuffles the world are a big part of the problem.

fort hood ... another radical Islamist under the FBI's radar allowed to murder innocents in the name of political correctness.

San Bernardino, neighbors of the islamists pigs witnessed suspicious activity, yet were afraid to report for fear of being labelled islamaphobes by political correct obsessed enabling twats.

Facts, you and the snuffles the world are a big part of the problem.

So are you in agreement that the Orlando guy should not have been able to purchase a gun two weeks ago?

So are you in agreement that the Orlando guy should not have been able to purchase a gun two weeks ago?

most definitely