Sign in to follow this  
hoydogg

Waiting on QBs

For those waiting on a QB until later who are you targeting? I'm looking at someone like Carr, Cousins, Tygod, or Winston. Who has more potential upside?

Dak is another viable choice, then just pick up the hot free agent a week in and hope to hit a cinderella for when Romo limps back pointlessly onto the field.

Fitzpatrick he has both his stud WRs back and they added Forte.

Ftizpatrick intrigues me, too. any idea as to how the team views him (thinking keeper)? is he likely to continue to start there for a few more seasons, barring injury?

Fitzpatrick he has both his stud WRs back and they added Forte.

Ftizpatrick intrigues me, too. any idea as to how the team views him (thinking keeper)? is he likely to continue to start there for a few more seasons, barring injury?

He signed a one year deal after a long stalemate. That should answer your question I think,

Don't think Fitzpatrick would high on a list as a keeper.

In a 2 man keeper, 12 team league, I grabbed Brady in the 8th and later on took Winston. Stafford, Mariota, Eli could all be fine starters. RG3 a nice upside backup super late.

I got stuck in a draft yesterday and had to grab Palmer before all the QB's went off the board. I was going to back him with Cousins (who I really wanted) or Winston and to my surprise both went off the board way earlier than I figured they would. I ended up with Tyrod Taylor and since it was a 17 round draft (???) I grabbed Mariota last round.

Late guys I like (in order of preference):

Cousins

Manning

Carr

Winston

Taylor

Mariota

I like floor that the scrambling of Taylor and Mariota in particular gives them. I just have a feeling about Cousins. He's got an even better cast this year than last year, and some of the softest defenses in his division that you'll ever see.

I also think that Prescott now comes into play. Kid has looked solid.

Cousins, RG3 or Prescott.

Any of those three could end the season as a QB1. Get 2 of them and double your chances.

I see a few thresholds for "waiting on QB" this year. The first is Manning/Rivers, who I've seen hang around till 9 or 10 go off the board. Monster value for guys with excellent track records and big upside. Don't forget that Rivers was QB2 until Allen got hurt last year, and that Manning finished QB7 and QB8 under McAdoo's offense--and he just upgraded from Rueben Randle to Sterling Shepard.

I see Tyrod almost in his own next group if you're waiting. He matched Manning and Rivers in PPG, but obviously has less track record. In a 12-team league, I've seen him fall to the backup range. Jameis is also creeping up into Tyrod Territory after a monster preseason.

Finally, I love Mariota late, even if I'd want to pair him with someone a little more stable like Dalton. But he has monster upside and a brand new, undervalued receiving core. Of all the guys going outside the top-15 QBs by ADP, he's the one I keep coming back to as a guy who could be going 7 or 8 rounds earlier in 2017.

I like Cousins a lot, but his ADP is rising as the true fantasy diehards are beginning to draft.

Eli could have a nice season for several reasons; A better defense should put the ball in his hands more. A legit second WR for the first time in a while and a HC that believes in throwing the ball.

Tannehill has some upside with Gase as his HC and he has a plethora of WR's with a couple guys who can catch out of the backfield.

Stafford and Fitzpatrick are two guys I would like as a 2nd QB as well.

I'm not reaching for a QB. The reason is this - I'm going WR heavy to begin my drafts. After I nail down three in my first 4 rounds (subject to change as I draft on value, not a set list), I like to grab my RB's. I will not take a TE early as I don't feel the value is truly there once you get past the top few, so I wind up being incredibly deep at WR and RB. In my last draft, I had 4 WR's and 4 RB's after my first 8 picks. Sure, some owners had a better QB than me, but this is how I see it; Owner One takes Rodgers at QB early. I draft Stafford and Cousins/Manning/Tannehill/Fitzpatrick later on. I stream my two or three QB's by matchup. Let's say Rodgers hits 30 ppg each week. With streaming based on opponent, I think I can come within a few points of that. The WR/RB I took in the 2nd/3rd is going to outperform the WR/RB he took in the round I selected a QB by a much wider margin, in theory at least. Injuries happen, which can drastically change things.

Everyone has their own opinion, but I've not seen many teams win the whole shebang when they drafted a QB early and missed out on a WR/RB. I am certain it happens more than I've seen though. Streaming QB's, in my opinion, is the way to go. On my last drafted team, I have 3 QB's on a 22 man roster. It freaked people out in the draft when I went QB/QB/QB in the 10th, 11th and 12, but the guys I wanted were there. I like all three, but the newbies that play don't know what to do once the top 8 or 9 guys are off the board. Under pressure of a time clock, rookies tend to panic when "their" guy isn't waiting on them.

I drafted yesterday. Got Cousins at 9.4 and Carr at 11.4. 12 team league where people love to hoard QBs. One guy drafted 4 of them. Rodgers, Brees, Tannehill and Case Keenum (???).

I drafted yesterday. Got Cousins at 9.4 and Carr at 11.4. 12 team league where people love to hoard QBs. One guy drafted 4 of them. Rodgers, Brees, Tannehill and Case Keenum (???).

What the fvck. What an idiot.

• Like 1

I'm really liking how low Stafford is going. Call it the Megatron effect but I think he's being really undervalued. Yes, he's lost Calvin Johnson, but he has two solid WR's in Tate and MJones, an athletic TE and two very good pass catching backs in Riddick and Abdullah. Most importantly, his numbers improved big time when Jim Bob Cooter took over as OC midway last season and Stafford has now had half a regular season and an entire offseason in his offense. I could see the Lions being Saints like in their tempo and style of play. I'm waiting on QB in all leagues and loading up on RB and WR and targeting guys like Stafford, Cousins, Winston and Tyrod late.

I guess some veteran QB's just give me pause. Call it quarterback fatigue. Yes, guys like Stafford, Eli and Rivers always seem to be set up for a good year, and then "bam", injuries or mediocrity take over. I understand that they were very serviceable last season. However, I am looking for more upside than just serviceable.

Same thing used to happen each year with Ryan and Dalton. However, you eventually have to just walk away. They are what they are.

Is Abdullah a good pass catcher?

One of the many knocks on him is the number of balls he drops. Riddick has a role in that offense for that reason.

Agree in principle last yr I picked up palmer off waivers after the draft and it saved my season. That said with the top couple of guys going in the 3rd instead of the first or second this yr I went for it and took rodgers. Not having to worry about the position and guess matchups every week was worth it to me. Not to mention the newton/rodgers/brees types I think offer the highest floors to where u don't worry about a bad game costing u a week whereas the cousins/stafford/tyrod/fitz/tannehill types can and will kill you with 5 pt games.

What the fvck. What an idiot.

He is just one of those guys that read that one CBS article a decade ago about hoarding QBs and trading them. Anyone with a FF brain knows QB trade value is worthless and he will not move a single guy for anything worthwhile. But in his head he is gonna flip Coisins for an RB2 if he has 3tds week 1 even though everyone in the league is perfectly happy with their qbs.

Waited....wanted Rivers and Mariotta, but ended up with Rivers and Winston (rounds 9 and 18) and am pretty pleased.

Bargain bin in a 2QB Auction league where every QB is rostered.

Tannehill/Ryan/Fitz/Teddy who I already dropped.

How's that for throwing sh!t at the wall.

Bargain bin in a 2QB Auction league where every QB is rostered.

Tannehill/Ryan/Fitz/Teddy who I already dropped.

How's that for throwing sh!t at the wall.

I think you are in trouble in a 2 QB league

In 6 points for td passes as well, are any one of you considering Rodgers in the third or fourth? Is he worth not waiting on the guys listed above?

In 6 points for td passes as well, are any one of you considering Rodgers in the third or fourth? Is he worth not waiting on the guys listed above?

He's not worth it imo

I think you are in trouble in a 2 QB league

I think your right :(

I won it last year with Fitz and Cousins, so I'm holding out hope.

In the mocks I've been involved in I have waited and end up in a lot of them with Fitzpatrick and Stafford.

I guess some veteran QB's just give me pause. Call it quarterback fatigue. Yes, guys like Stafford, Eli and Rivers always seem to be set up for a good year, and then "bam", injuries or mediocrity take over. I understand that they were very serviceable last season. However, I am looking for more upside than just serviceable.

Same thing used to happen each year with Ryan and Dalton. However, you eventually have to just walk away. They are what they are.

Do people just talk out of their ass here or what? Then bam injuries happen? Stafford, Rivers, and Eli play 16 games always. I mean for years. Tyrod and Mariota got hurt.

Phillip Rivers over last 3 years.

4800 - 29

4300- 31

4500-32

Eli last 3 years

4500-35

4400-31

3 years ago sucked.

4 years prior all about 4000+ and 27-31 TDS

What focking more do you want?

WHat round pick do you have to spend? Afraid to spend what an 8th on the possibility of 1 bad year out of 7?

You guys like Fitzpatrick over Matt Ryan? Especially week 1?

Ryan at home vs saints

Fitz at home vs cincy

Do people just talk out of their ass here or what?

- Yes. In fact, I believe I just encountered it.

Then bam injuries happen? Stafford, Rivers, and Eli play 16 games always. I mean for years. Tyrod and Mariota got hurt.

-Slow your roll there. Skippy. Injuries....as in o-linemen, WR's, TE's, etc. They aren't good enough to avoid mediocrity when short-handed, unlike someone like Brady (who has won SB's and put up QB1 #'s with jack squat). And, although still pretty good, even the mighty Aaron Rodgers couldn't fully recover from the injury bug to avoid inconsistency and under-performance last season.

Phillip Rivers over last 3 years.

4800 - 29

4300- 31

4500-32

Eli last 3 years

4500-35

4400-31

3 years ago sucked.

4 years prior all about 4000+ and 27-31 TDS

-Indeed, very serviceable, like I stated. However, if you have owned any of them you understand that they will have a huge 5 TD game, and then kill you for 3 or 4 weeks. Or they will start out white-hot, and then suck wind....or suck wind, and then get white-hot after you have had to give up on them and move on.

What focking more do you want?

-Great #'s and consistency

• Like 2

You guys like Fitzpatrick over Matt Ryan? Especially week 1?

Ryan at home vs saints

Fitz at home vs cincy

Falcons play Tampa week 1. The Saints play the Raiders

Falcons play Tampa week 1. The Saints play the Raiders

Yes yes...sorry. Struggling who to grab for Brady's suspension

"Waiting on QB's" doesn't mean waiting for cows to roost. "Dak, Cousins, Winston..." forget it.

I'm looking at QB's like Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, and Joe Flacco.

Don't know how I did it but I picked up Winston & Fitz for $1 each. In another draft I could have waited and got similar results. If you're down for streaming QBs you must wait till later rounds.