Sign in to follow this  
Bledsoe's Bills

Mckinnon or Asiata

McKinnon , but he won't get the bulk of the goal line work or be used has often in the passing game.

Anyone know if AP is out for more than a week?

The timetable for Adrian Peterson's return from a torn meniscus will depend on the severity of the injury and how the doctors choose to treat it.
The best-case scenario would be for Peterson to avoid surgery, which could allow him to return in a couple weeks. Peterson has two options if he needs to go under the knife. Having the meniscus trimmed or removed could allow him to come back as early as Week 7, but that surgery is unlikely to offer a complete recovery. If Peterson chooses to have the meniscus repaired, he could be looking at a 3-4 month timetable. Until all of those decisions are made, Peterson's status is completely up in the air.

McKinnon all the way and he should get better the more they feed him the rock. Agree with weepaws about goal line and passing game though which will limit his ceiling. Plus the next 3 matchups will be tough: @CAR, NYG, HOU.

Disclaimer: NOT a McKinnon owner

Yeah.. i remember a couple of years ago when everyone was yelling Mckinon when AP got hurt.. yet Asiata got all the ffball action and TDs. I am buying Asiata.. Mckinon is worthless

• Like 1

Yeah.. i remember a couple of years ago when everyone was yelling Mckinon when AP got hurt.. yet Asiata got all the ffball action and TDs. I am buying Asiata.. Mckinon is worthless

Same, he ruined my season when I traded a then silent JHill for new hotness Mckinnon coming off a good game. Jerrick then did nothing while Asiata scored 3tds a game and JHill took over the entire league. Mckinnon is a piss bum. Picked him up in one league cuz im bad and never learn.

Same, he ruined my season when I traded a then silent JHill for new hotness Mckinnon coming off a good game. Jerrick then did nothing while Asiata scored 3tds a game and JHill took over the entire league. Mckinnon is a piss bum. Picked him up in one league cuz im bad and never learn.

You have a shlt memory. Asiata sucked besides a few multi td games.

You have a shlt memory. Asiata sucked besides a few multi td games.

Thats exactly what I said, my memory of the situation is as if it happened yesterday. Asiata had multiple td games and Mckinnon sucked. They both sucked really.

Do you mean a couple of years ago when he was a rookie and making the shift from college QB to RB? And you are surprised they didn't hand the reigns over to him then?

Asiata is slow and averages 3.5 ypc. In 2015 McKinnon had zero experience so they gave the rock to asiata especially at the goal line.

McKinnon has ridiculous measurable and averages 4.9 ypc.

There is probably more to it but who do you think Minny wants to put in there. One hint, they named McKinnon the starter.

McKinnon is still available in my league. Here's the question, is he worth a start over guys like Crowell, Ware, Murray, Freeman, and Gordon? I'd think he'd be the primary back in Minny, but that O-line has looked horrible so far and he may not get goal line carries.

Crowell, Ware, Murray, Freeman, and Gordon?

Yes, No, No, Yes, No.

Crowell, if I owned him, would be in wait and see mode. Team is on 3rd string QB, and just lost their (arguably) best WR to a broken hand today. Is anyone in the world not going to stack the box all day long?

Ware: gets another start this week, looks like.

Murray: playing great so far, Henry not eating into his carries too much yet.

Freeman: I'm down on him. This looks like the Coleman show just waiting to happen.

Gordon: he's playing like a stud right now, keep him in until he proves otherwise.

Yes, No, No, Yes, No.

Crowell, if I owned him, would be in wait and see mode. Team is on 3rd string QB, and just lost their (arguably) best WR to a broken hand today. Is anyone in the world not going to stack the box all day long?

Ware: gets another start this week, looks like.

Murray: playing great so far, Henry not eating into his carries too much yet.

Freeman: I'm down on him. This looks like the Coleman show just waiting to happen.

Gordon: he's playing like a stud right now, keep him in until he proves otherwise.

To be fair, down or not Freeman is must start vs Saints this week as are pretty much all players on both teams. Would not start a piss bum like Jerrick over him.

To be fair, down or not Freeman is must start vs Saints this week as are pretty much all players on both teams. Would not start a piss bum like Jerrick over him.

Counterpoint: Vikes are stoked about beating the Packers, and doubly stoked about how good Bradford did. I think they play well in this game, with a 'win one for the gimper' attitude.

Counterpoint: Vikes are stoked about beating the Packers, and doubly stoked about how good Bradford did. I think they play well in this game, with a 'win one for the gimper' attitude.

They also lost Kalil, one of their best lineman. Play well or not, facing the saints is fantasy gold and the Falcons are playing well. even in a timeshare Freeman is a high end play.

They also lost Kalil, one of their best lineman. Play well or not, facing the saints is fantasy gold and the Falcons are playing well. even in a timeshare Freeman is a high end play.

disagree with bolded. Kalil has had potential, but really hasn't met it. He was a turn style against the Pack... now that said, TJ Clemmings is worse.

Kalil is average at best, and a bust for his draft position. This year their runs off left tackle have the second lowest adjusted line yards for any of their running. Last year MN was 30th in the league for Left Tackle runs (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol2015). He's so mediocre they ran off left tackle 7% of the time last year. Kalil actually has PFF's worst grade of all their linemen this year.

Do you mean a couple of years ago when he was a rookie and making the shift from college QB to RB? And you are surprised they didn't hand the reigns over to him then?

Asiata is slow and averages 3.5 ypc. In 2015 McKinnon had zero experience so they gave the rock to asiata especially at the goal line.

McKinnon has ridiculous measurable and averages 4.9 ypc.

There is probably more to it but who do you think Minny wants to put in there. One hint, they named McKinnon the starter.

yeah, yeah.. if measurables amounting to good football player every first round pick would pan out. He played ok a couple of years ago but then still lost all goal line carries to Asiata. Min O-line is terrible and neither guy is a good pcikup but Asiata will still get you those mutli td games with 20yds rushing. Mckinon will get you 50rushing and 20receiving... that's it. more upside for points with Asiata.

Min O-line is terrible and neither guy is a good pcikup

That's the consensus I'm hearing and it makes sense. Healthy Adrian Peterson couldn't run behind that line.

So what happened to that O-line from last year when Peterson ran wild? Did they lose some lineman to free agency, retirement or injury? :dunno:

That's the consensus I'm hearing and it makes sense. Healthy Adrian Peterson couldn't run behind that line.

So what happened to that O-line from last year when Peterson ran wild? Did they lose some lineman to free agency, retirement or injury? :dunno:

Sullivan was cut because they didn't think he could stay healthy. Loadholt retired.

Added Andre Smith and Alex Boone.

It's been 2 games, it takes awhile for a line to gel. AP had a bad first game last year. And was off to a horrible start this year. Maybe the defenses the vikes played are improved against the run from last year.

The line is bad right now but should get better. I think McKinnon is the back to own.

I think both of these underperform. I had Asiata before and he was mediocre, would take a shot at McKinnon if I had to take one.

I mentioned this on another thread. Viking offense will be expected to score 17-14 points a game. Asiata will play the majority of the time as passing(old West coast) will be how they move the ball and the RB will be held in to protect (probably plus an additional TE). Defense will have to keep the score down and maybe score themselves or set up some field goals with turnovers. The Vikes will be in the bottom 5-6 for scoring this year. We still want success, but for now defense will carry the team. 2014 Asiata I believe had 44 receptions, but probably for about 120 yards????

Well, AP is getting older... that's the one wild card here. He won the rushing title last year b/c he got force fed more carries than he should have. It is fair to wonder if a younger back might actually be able to do something he didn't.

Asiata was dropped last night for Drake. With news that AP had surgery and will be out a while I put in a claim dropping Moncrief (was lucky enough to get Dorsett in the 2nd waiver wave yesterday).

It will most likely be a frustrating timeshare for most the season in Minnesota. Freaky raw athleticism vs. slow and steady behind a blah o-line.

Offense will be limited for the Vikes, and that is the way they plan it!!! They were built to win 20-14 and now 13-10. I have the TE and I will probably be dropping him. Their second offensive plan is to keep the QB health for 9 games - that will be tough to do!!

Anyone rolling with McKinnon? I've got him on the bench for Tajae Sharpe in the flex at the moment. I feel like it is prudent to see how this offense, and the split with Asiata, play out. But I also feel like McKinnon is a physical freak and this may be his coming out party. :dunno:

Anyone rolling with McKinnon? I've got him on the bench for Tajae Sharpe in the flex at the moment. I feel like it is prudent to see how this offense, and the split with Asiata, play out. But I also feel like McKinnon is a physical freak and this may be his coming out party. :dunno:

I am deciding between him and Crowell. I am leaning towards McKinnon since Crowell is the only option there.

Not starting McKinnon since he's my RB6. I even had Christine Michael but cut him last week for Isaiah Crowell.

I am deciding between him and Crowell. I am leaning towards McKinnon since Crowell is the only option there.

I'm rolling him out this weekend. I think he's an every down back for most of the game. I'm hoping for 100 total yds and a TD

So much for McKinnon... Repeat of what they did a couple years ago. I really believed he would be the guy like they said.