Sign in to follow this  
thePRO

CJ Anderson Getting Knee Evaluated

Noice. I have Booker in one league, no chance I was going to get him anywhere else even before this...or even since the start of the season. Savvy people chose Booker in the draft, it seems. I just missed on getting him.

So this is a 2nd opinion, which usually means the first opinion wasn't the best news.

Mannn I hope anderson has an issue that shuts him down for the year.

So this is a 2nd opinion, which usually means the first opinion wasn't the best news.

It's the opposite for Jay Cutler, though.

• Like 1

What kind of value does Booker hold even if CJ is healthy? RBs are thin...

Is he a viable flex in PPR with a healthy CJ?

Let's slow our roll a bit until we hear something definitive. Could end up being insignificant.

Bone bruise? I wonder if this is mostly a smoke screen to save some wear and tear on CJ mid-season and to give Booker some needed starter reps.

As a Booker owner, I'm not complaining BTW

Possible rest of season absence for CJ. I will be bumping some posts i made preseason detailing that "by hook or by crook, the other guy is always the leading rusher in Denver, going back years."

• Like 2

I now have a rb1.

Is there another RB on DEN to possibly target? DEN seemed to like to run 2 rbs, so is it possible Booker and another RB share the load?

I think its Bibbs behind him and hes not a bad stash at this point if you have a deep bench. Booker could go down just as easily and I think Bibbs is even pretty good.

FYI: Bone bruises can be nasty, season ending injuries. It's essentially a minor fracture of the inner layers of the bone. Swelling and severe pain that can go beyond just 'pain management'--the sort of pain that can keep your nervous system from working properly. You just can't stand on the leg, maybe. This makes sense as a diagnosis given what we saw Monday. Bone surface is fractured, but he keeps playing. Later, as more fluids leak out of the inner parts of the bone, pain and swelling become worse.

Playing on it before it's healed can lead to a full-on fracture, or even ACL damage as your muscles and ligaments try to compensate. Worst case can be pretty bad for bone bruises.

I think the used the word at LEAST a few weeks. Sounds bad and he can't play thorough injury at all.

I think its Bibbs behind him and hes not a bad stash at this point if you have a deep bench. Booker could go down just as easily and I think Bibbs is even pretty good.

Kapri Bibbs?

Can I flex a guy named after something you'd find at Abercrombie and Fitch?

Booker isn't even on waivers in the league where I could use him and I have good waiver priority. Of course.

that makes sense. booker should of been stashed weeks ago.

that makes sense. booker should of been stashed weeks ago.

Not every rb can be stashed. He wasn't doing much until this week.

Not every rb can be stashed. He wasn't doing much until this week.

this very site has him ranked #20 for the rest of the season. who do you have on the bench?

as soon as it was stated publicly they wanted to get him more involved he should have been owned

See also: Dixon, Kenneth and Rawls, Thomas.

No excuse for Booker on waiver after this week or the week before.

His playing time and carries have been trending up all season. He was also highly touted coming out of college and in training camp.

Every year there's a few players that just needs an "opportunity" to start and they can win you a championship. Booker is one of them.

I had Ware, Henry and Kenneth Dixon as the others entering the season. Same scenario with the coach now saying they need to get him more involve coming out of the bye.

I landed Booker with no idea about Anderson injury, I was 8 or 9 on the waiver wire too, boy did I get lucky....

I have Booker for a couple weeks now. Too many RBs and that team just moved to top of power rankings, in spite of Gurley.

I have Alfred Morris as the next RB lotto ticket.

i scooped booker in a 16 team league a couple of weeks ago. not sure why he was available. im ready to ride or die!

Mannn I hope anderson has an issue that shuts him down for the year.

:nono: As a Broncos fan you are dead to me. ;o)

Bibbs is the reason they cut Ronnie Hillman this year.

now i have to decide if I start booker over freeman

I'm gonna start both!! :banana: