Sign in to follow this  
Mark91G

top RB next season

Looking at the league there is a few good RBs here top 3 are DJ Zeke and bell I don't think anyone would really argue with that.

but the order is debatable

to me DJ leads followed bell then Zeke or the following reasons

Zeke is a great Rb no doubt but he has the bonus of a great/best oline and a solid Qb

Bell has also been great but also adds much more in terms of passing out the back field and is equally as dangerous as a Slot receiver or rb on the red zone which to be puts him above zeke also look at his numbers compared to the other two then remember he missed 4 games.

DJ has been a stud all season he is over 1,000 running and over 700 rec he is a nightmare match up and unlike the other two he dosnt have a top level qb palmer cant make deep throws so the defence can play closer every down.

I feel looking at the 3 zeke has most going for him team wise bell has a solid qb to take pressure off Dj has had none and still been crushing it this season.

now with possible qb changes etc in off season who do you feel is the no.1 for next season ??

The Zeke

honestly i would be happy with any of the 3, barring inj they will all produce on a high level. if i had to rank:

1. bell - consistent production and a threat both run and receiving - as long as he stays of pot

2. zeke - great oline, good qb, no major changes going forward - as long as he stops beating his gfs

3. DJ - great production.. but a lot of ??? w declining palmer and overall O struggles - teams will key in to stop him next season

Mccoy is a close 4th by the way.. solid, consistent production w some inj concerns.

honestly i would be happy with any of the 3, barring inj they will all produce on a high level. if i had to rank:

1. bell - consistent production and a threat both run and receiving - as long as he stays of pot

2. zeke - great oline, good qb, no major changes going forward - as long as he stops beating his gfs

3. DJ - great production.. but a lot of ??? w declining palmer and overall O struggles - teams will key in to stop him next season

Mccoy is a close 4th by the way.. solid, consistent production w some inj concerns.

Have you seen Palmer and the Oline this year? Can't get any worse. If teams aren't stopping him now, no reason to think it'll change next year.

1. DJ

2. Zeke - his production is dependant on the health of the 5 guys in front of him.

3. Bell - his health will always be a question that puts him down a peg.

I'd take Bell #1 as Steeler's strength of schedule against rushing D's (as of now) will likely be easier than DJ's (who I would take second) who is going to be easier than Zeke's (Who I would take third).

Think I would go zeke, DJ , then bell. Bells knees scare me. DJ offensive team I think will be even worst next year Fitzgerald possible retirement. As much as I hate the cowgirls think they only get better next year.

Something about DJ scares me next year. Can't put my finger on it. But he would be last of the 3 for me

• Like 1

I don't know the future for Palmer and Fitzgerald. They're both old. If the Cards have to replace either or both then DJ value takes a HUGE hit! I like the players around Zeke as opponents can't afford to load the box to try to stop him or they'll get beat over the top. I'd put Bell 2nd and maybe D Murray 3rd.

• Like 1

Like the D Murray pick.

Only problem I have with him going into next season is.

Henry.

He has one season under his belt he learn from watching Murray and I would believe he will receive more work even with a healthy Murray.

Just don't see them waisting his talent on the bench next season like they did this season.

How many big guys have become the true bell cow and stayed healthy? Hyde often hurt. CJ got hurt. Fat Eddie got hurt. I don't think Henry is designed to be a feature back. I think he is predominantly a goal line/short yardage guy and to give Murray a breather.

See the Bengals. Hill is good, but they don't believe he can be a 25-30 touches a game RB and remain healthy.

Like the D Murray pick.

Only problem I have with him going into next season is.

Henry.

He has one season under his belt he learn from watching Murray and I would believe he will receive more work even with a healthy Murray.

Just don't see them waisting his talent on the bench next season like they did this season.

Same thing people said this year. Henry was destined to take every TD away from Murray, the problem is Murray isn't exactly a chump at the goalline. Henry may take a few touches away but until we see otherwise Murray will still be the dominate back there.

Will this is also his rookie season.

And I don't think he will take over as the number one Rb.

But he will with out question play a lot more next season then he did this season.

And more work for Henry means less for Murray.

I get where you're coming from and I don't believe Murray will be a top 3 back next year so maybe we aren't that far apart on this topic. I just see this as a situation that could produce two fantasy relevant backs with Murray still being the clear weekly starter. Potentially the most productive two back system in the NFL based on volume, Oline and talent level of the backs.

This is my order to for very similar reasons. I think Bell is the number one option since he's such a factor out of the backfield. If he's healthy and stays out of trouble, he will always put up consistent numbers because he's going to get touches regardless the style of the game.

And I give Zeke a slight edge over David Johnson for the same reason you gave - what happens if he becomes the only offensive weapon in Arizona and defenses put even more of an emphasis on slowing him down (ex: Todd Gurley)? I still really like Johnson and he's lead me to the semi's in two different leagues, but next year I leaning Zeke higher than him in pre-draft rankings.

Agree.

Murray will be the lead Rb.

Thanks for the reply.

I like:

Zeke

Murray

Bell

DJ - I think Johnson is going to be more inconsistent next year as a result of the Palmer Effect.

I would have a very hard time taking Bell ahead of DJ or Zeke. Bell makes me way to nervous with past suspensions. DJ and Zeke have yet to show any injury concerns as of yet. At this time my top three would be

Zeke (best o-line for a rb)

DJ (maybe the best rb in the league)

Bell (Fits his system better than the other two. Needs to stay on field)

Disclaimer....You will never win a league with your first round pick, but you can lose it.

No way to go wrong with DJ, Bell or Elliott. I'd rank Bell and DJ ahead of Elliott because of their passing game prowess. Elliott is not bad there, but he's not at their level.

All good points thanks gorge Input for me zeke should be great next season due to the o line around him but lacks the passing threat bell or DJ have.

I can see how we all ha e different ideas of too 3 due to the teams and issues off the field with these players. I think a new QB may help DJ next season depending who comes in.

But now I'll ask if you could have any of them in a team who would u take ? So just based on the player and thoer abilities not the team around them no online advantage or Qb and Wr taking attention away from them m.

I'd go Bell, DJ, Zeke in ppr. Standard Zeke, Bell, DJ.

If any of the three fall to me in round one I'm taking them over any available WR in any format

Today's Titans game is what we will see more from Henry next season.

I think D Murray will be on the over rated side going into next season.

God Bless and Merry Christmas

Something about DJ scares me next year. Can't put my finger on it. But he would be last of the 3 for me

I know. All of those tds and yards and catches are just not my style

I think that would be the fact that he plays for the Cardinals.

When was the last time they had a RB that was good for more than a year or two, if that?

Or any fantasy player for that matter outside of Fitzgerald? Even he hasn't been consistent in a few seasons.

I think that would be the fact that he plays for the Cardinals.

When was the last time they had a RB that was good for more than a year or two, if that?

Or any fantasy player for that matter outside of Fitzgerald? Even he hasn't been consistent in a few seasons.

I guess. The cards offense is still good enough to get Johnson lots of opportunities for scoring. Add in the receiving core was wildly overrated after Fitzgerald and Djohns becomes their 2nd most trusted receiver.

His touch counts are huge. He gets scoring chances. He is possibly the best rb in the league. What's not to like?

Based on individual talent alone I'd probably rank them Bell, Zeke, DJ. However, with Bell always getting suspended or hurt or both. It's tough to say you can rely on him every year. Zeke is young and running behind the best line in football (less impactful hits). DJ could have new key players on offense next year.

Thus: Zeke, Murray, Bell with DJ right there in the mix.

I do wonder about some dark horses: Howard, Ajayi, Gurley (depending on who Rams get as a coach).

Based on individual talent alone I'd probably rank them Bell, Zeke, DJ. However, with Bell always getting suspended or hurt or both. It's tough to say you can rely on him every year. Zeke is young and running behind the best line in football (less impactful hits). DJ could have new key players on offense next year.

Thus: Zeke, Murray, Bell with DJ right there in the mix.

I do wonder about some dark horses: Howard, Ajayi, Gurley (depending on who Rams get as a coach).

I think based on talent it has to be David Johnson first. He is equal to any rb running between the tackles and he has hands like a good receiver. He also runs good routes. If Johnson was running behind that Dallas oline we would be looking at a perennial 2000 yard rusher

I think based on talent it has to be David Johnson first. He is equal to any rb running between the tackles and he has hands like a good receiver. He also runs good routes. If Johnson was running behind that Dallas oline we would be looking at a perennial 2000 yard rusher

The intriguing thing about both Bell and DJ is that they have the potential nearly every game to turn in the equivalent production of a RB1 and a WR1. Not many guys can do that. I like Zeke as a young back surrounded by serious talent. I don't think anyone saw DJ as a top 3 rb as a rookie.

I got burned by targeting old and/or broken down RB's this year. I won't make that same mistake next year.

Fournette.

Fournette.

Was terrible against Alabama! I'm not high on him as a pro at all. That could change, but I just don't see him as an elite NFL talent.

Fournette.

Situation is everything with running backs. Until we know where he's playing we can't really project how he's going to do. Elliot's success will have rookie RBs climbing in both the actual draft and in fantasy, despite the fact he plays behind the best Oline weve seen in a quite some time. I don't see any RB desperate team that has an exceptional line, which makes me think as of now, he won't make a huge impact next season.

DJ catches and runs better than any of them. As Palmer gets worse he is relied on more. One someone replaces Palmer it improves him. Zeke has a great offensive line, Bell will get hurt take enhancers and everything will catch up to him.

Best rookie RB will Be Dalvin Cook. He's been the best RB in college two years running hands down. If he gets onto the right team like GB watch out. He's a complete three down back a la Zeke

• Like 1

Best rookie RB will Be Dalvin Cook. He's been the best RB in college two years running hands down. If he gets onto the right team like GB watch out. He's a complete three down back a la Zeke

I like Zeke, he has that youth appeal of jumping up after he is tackled like he will never get hurt. May not be the best pick for the year but seems the safest. Bell cant stay away from the weed, and David Johnson could be the only threat next year with Brown always hurt.

Bell, Zeke, DJ with DJ passing Zeke if the situation looks unchanged at the worst in arizona.