Sign in to follow this  
drobeski

***Official Super Bowl LI Thread*** Patriots vs Falcons

Bob Craft was happy when his wife died.

There, I said it.

I said this years ago.

Luckiest guy on earth.

All that money and to have his wife die, so he can keep all the money and still be young enough to slay hot chicks?

KRaft is the GOAT

Watchibg the post game I saw Ryan and Quinn interviews. Now Im not saying handling losing well isnt a good quality. But they both felt way to Ok losing the SB. Even worse that it was a SB they let slip away with all blame on those 2 plus the OC. I just feel you will never be great if you are ok with losing. And they both seemed too ok with blowing ATLs only SB.

While the game was really entertaining for the last bit, I just can't bite on the inevitable "greatest Super Bowl ever!" reactions that come out immediately. The game was basically one quarter of scoreless, fairly even play, then two stretches of football where one team completely dominated the other (28-3 Atlanta, 31-0 New England). It wasn't really an even battle, it was one team running it up, then spending a little over a quarter playing not to lose (and doing a poor job of it). Certainly a leading contender for greatest comeback in professional sports history though.

Dan Quinn and K. Shanahan are squarely to blame for this Choke-Job of all Choke-Jobs. The way they butchered that 4th quarter is embarrassing. You can pick from any of 10 fock ups they gagged on, but none more egregious than being on NE's 22 yard line, 1st and 10, 4 minutes and some change left - and you walk away with nothing.. And you walked away with nothing bcoz not only did you not burn clock, but you decided to get cute and throw it - setting yourself up for a huge sack and a even bigger hold... You run that ball 3 times, make NE burn TOs, kick the fg - and go up 2 scores....... I would of swore Jason Garrett was coaching that 4th quarter

• Like 1

Dan Quinn and K. Shanahan are squarely to blame for this Choke-Job of all Choke-Jobs. The way they butchered that 4th quarter is embarrassing. You can pick from any of 10 fock ups they gagged on, but none more egregious than being on NE's 22 yard line, 1st and 10, 4 minutes and some change left - and you walk about with nothing.. And you walked away with nothing bcoz not only did you not burn clock, but you decided to get cute and throw it - setting yourself up for a huge sack and a even bigger hold... You run that ball 3 times, make NE burn TOs, kick the fg - and go up 2 scores....... I would of swore Jason Garrett was coaching that 4th quarter

Yes...that series was awful. All drop backs that led to sacks and holding calls.

Why should their defense have to go out and defend two consecutive drives, to me that doesn't make any sense.

Atlanta had the ball for a 5 play drive after the Patriots tied the game. Then the Patriots got the ball for a 3 second 1 play drive at the end of regulation. You are whining about the defense having to go out and defend the first drive in overtime after a getting exhausted by a one play drive? Lets face it the defense was exhausted because the Patriots controlled the second half.

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Posted Yesterday, 07:46 PM

Ok, here it comes, penalty on the way to bail themnout....

RUN THAT SH1T BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Yesterday, 07:47 PM

Fock yes.....fock yea!!!!!!

Now show Thomasina a crying

Posted Yesterday, 07:48 PM

Still plenty of game left, no where near over people, you know the pats have a few cheats prepares for the occasion

Posted Yesterday, 07:50 PM

Only two things could make this even better, either a shut out or brady sobbing on the sideline because he was benched lol

Posted Yesterday, 07:55 PM

Oh yeah, I absolutely believe he would fake an injury....that is absolutely the kind of punk he is

Posted Yesterday, 08:02 PM

Refs messed up, they are supposed to be calling penalties to help the pats

Called holding....on the pats! Refs are off the script

Posted Yesterday, 08:04 PM

Gostkowsi.....so mvp in,the making

Posted Yesterday, 08:05 PM

Uh oh, Fox just called out the cushy schedule of the pats

Posted Yesterday, 08:40 PM

Good defense by,pats

Posted Yesterday, 08:47 PM

If the pats cannot make the sh!tty little short passes work they are in big trouble

Posted Yesterday, 08:56 PM

Boom goes the dynamite

Posted Yesterday, 09:05 PM

Maybe, it's just not something they can really do....

Posted Yesterday, 09:08 PM

The drawback to running a sh!try little short passing offense is that catching up from behind takes too much time

Posted Yesterday, 09:31 PM

OMFG the pats are so devoted to that short passing bullsh!t that they can't even throw at the end zone 10 focking yards down field lmfao

Posted Yesterday, 09:41 PM

I would have LOVED it if the Patriots got screwed by forward motion. Bullsh!t that gave them that unearned victory over the Raiders back in the day

Posted Yesterday, 09:43 PM

Falcons giving the pats hope....

Posted Yesterday, 09:47 PM

Atlanta....please do not pull a Seattle and hand over a game you have already won, especially to those cheating fock the pats

Posted Yesterday, 09:53 PM

Why would you pass that ball?you run the focking ball and setup the fg

Again, don't stupidly hand the game away

Posted Yesterday, 09:54 PM

So stupid.....handin g it away, when all you had to do was run, chew time, kick a fg

Posted Yesterday, 09:56 PM

These coaches are professionals, even a high school coach would know better, focking stupid

Posted Yesterday, 09:57 PM

Long ball...not your thing thomasina

Posted Yesterday, 10:13 PM

Focking horesh!t, Atlanta beat these cheating focks, again the coaches are handing it awyay, my focking god NE bettwr not win this sh!t
  • Like 1

Freeman is the person to blame the the loss.

If he had, you know, done even close to his job and even got in hightowers way and prevented that sack fumble, Atlanta wins the game

James white deserved the MVP though

White had a big drop early in the game but he was definitely the number 2 most important player on offense Sunday. I think the Patriots went into this game thinking Blount was going to be able to run over Atlanta. But Atlanta's d-line was much more stout against the run than they have typically been all season. Then they tried to get Dion Lewis involved and for the first time in his Patriot career, he could not shake defenders in the open field or get outside on them. Atlanta had by far the fastest defense the Patriots have seen this year. Then they got Whte involved. White is a little more powerful of a runner than Lewis and a better pass receiver than Blount. He ended up being the perfect running back against the Falcons. Stronger than Lewis to break through some arm tackles and quicker than Blount. Give the Patriots coaching credit, they are smart enough to scrap a game plan when they see it is not working and start tinkering in game (not just at half).

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver
Still plenty of game left, no where near over people, you know the pats have a few cheats prepares for the occasion
Only two things could make this even better, either a shut out or brady sobbing on the sideline because he was benched lol
Oh yeah, I absolutely believe he would fake an injury....that is absolutely the kind of punk he is
Good defense by,pats
If the pats cannot make the sh!tty little short passes work they are in big trouble
Boom goes the dynamite
The drawback to running a sh!try little short passing offense is that catching up from behind takes too much time
OMFG the pats are so devoted to that short passing bullsh!t that they can't even throw at the end zone 10 focking yards down field lmfao
I would have LOVED it if the Patriots got screwed by forward motion. Bullsh!t that gave them that unearned victory over the Raiders back in the day
Atlanta....please do not pull a Seattle and hand over a game you have already won, especially to those cheating fock the pats
So stupid.....handin g it away, when all you had to do was run, chew time, kick a fg
These coaches are professionals, even a high school coach would know better, focking stupid
Focking horesh!t, Atlanta beat these cheating focks, again the coaches are handing it awyay, my focking god NE bettwr not win this sh!t

Sad.

Even though it wasn't quite 35-3, the 1993 Houston Oilers send a huge thank you to the 2016 Atlanta Falcons - they have been officially relieved of their Choke King duties.

• Like 1

Watchibg the post game I saw Ryan and Quinn interviews. Now Im not saying handling losing well isnt a good quality. But they both felt way to Ok losing the SB. Even worse that it was a SB they let slip away with all blame on those 2 plus the OC. I just feel you will never be great if you are ok with losing. And they both seemed too ok with blowing ATLs only SB.

Didn't see the interviews but I doubt either of them cracked much of a smile or were anywhere near OK with losing. They were probably in shock having lost the way they did. Literally a roller coaster of emotion in a 90 minute span.

Either way, they handled it much better than Cam did.

Dan Quinn and K. Shanahan are squarely to blame for this Choke-Job of all Choke-Jobs. The way they butchered that 4th quarter is embarrassing. You can pick from any of 10 fock ups they gagged on, but none more egregious than being on NE's 22 yard line, 1st and 10, 4 minutes and some change left - and you walk away with nothing.. And you walked away with nothing bcoz not only did you not burn clock, but you decided to get cute and throw it - setting yourself up for a huge sack and a even bigger hold... You run that ball 3 times, make NE burn TOs, kick the fg - and go up 2 scores....... I would of swore Jason Garrett was coaching that 4th quarter

Yep. There's playing conservative not to lose then there's playing conservative because you've got the game in hand. That series would have been justified had they been up 3 or less. Settle for a FG there and it could lose you the game. But up 8? A FG pretty much ices the game. Hang on to the ball. Run some clock. Kick a 40 yard FG to go up two scores with 4 minutes left. Way too cute and unnecessarily aggressive.

• Like 1

Matt Ryan is a class act. I'm sure thats how he handled himself. I'm sure he was irate, you could see the look on his face when he congratulated Brady on the win... He looked like he was having an out of body experience...

That said, he is playing out a $100m contract due up in a couple years and will lock in a league leading extension. He had a nearly perfect passer rating and got let down by his OLine, playcalling, and the defense crumpling... Overall he played a great game and has nothing to be ashamed of.

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver
Good defense by,pats
Boom goes the dynamite

:lol:

Ed - you ever meet a hater that's doing better than you? Nope - me either.

:lol:

Ed - you ever meet a hater that's doing better than you? Nope - me either.

It's a sickness. It's very sad too.

It's a sickness. It's very sad too.

the negativity... it's poison.

starts out interested and involved only because he hates NE.

finishes with hate and vitriol for the Falcons.

never once anything positive to say about anyone.

The huge wave of Boos was pretty great for old Rog. :thumbsup:

fantastic!

it was so wonderfully uncomfortable.

btw Cruzer... we'll see you in next year's SB... NE 41, DAL 17.

Congrats (in advance) for making it to the big game!

btw Cruzer... we'll see you in next year's SB... NE 41, DAL 17.

Congrats (in advance) for making it to the big game!

I don't know - we still have Jason Garrett. :wall:

RLLD or edjr taking time to compile the list?

how long you think it took?

was worth every 300 seconds

Search function is your friend. Well not yours, you have none

Didn't see the interviews but I doubt either of them cracked much of a smile or were anywhere near OK with losing. They were probably in shock having lost the way they did. Literally a roller coaster of emotion in a 90 minute span.

Either way, they handled it much better than Cam did.

Crack a smile no. But to me I just got the feeling that they were ok with losing much more than they should be.

It was the ho hum they made more plays than us. No you left the door wide open. Pats were good enough to walk through it.

Matt Ryan is a class act. I'm sure thats how he handled himself. I'm sure he was irate, you could see the look on his face when he congratulated Brady on the win... He looked like he was having an out of body experience...

That said, he is playing out a $100m contract due up in a couple years and will lock in a league leading extension. He had a nearly perfect passer rating and got let down by his OLine, playcalling, and the defense crumpling... Overall he played a great game and has nothing to be ashamed of.

As bad as the play calling may have been at times I feel as a too QB you cant take sacks. You do whatever you can to get the ball out. Not saying it is all Ryan's fault. But to me he could have done more in a couple of those situations.

I wanted the Falcons to win because they haven't won it yet.

Nothing necessarily against the Patriots.

However, after the first half I wanted to see a game, and wasn't getting one. It was over.

The Falcons made just about every mistake they could have, and Tom Brady was outstanding, as was the defense, the o-line and the skill players all made plays when they needed it.

Watching the Falcons was like being a Vikings fan. Playing not to lose when you should be ramming it down their throats.

My hat is off to the Patriots. They fought.....hard. It's nice to see a team dig down deep and find that extra something you needed to win.

• Like 1

Search function is your friend. Well not yours, you have none

I like it that way...

Is it true that at the half that Bill Belchick had Dan Quinn kidnapped and replaced him with Mike McCarthy?

eta: ed original, I didn't steal it

Is it true that at the half that Bill Belchick had Dan Quinn kidnapped and replaced him with Mike McCarthy?

Lol

Haha...nah, McCarthy would have started running the ball often early in the 3rd quarter.

And gotten beat before OT the way Brady was playing in the 2nd half.

Yep, classic MM coaching. "Ok guys here's the plan. We have the best player in football, so no need for a plan! Just go out there and let's get home early, great job!"

Haha...nah, McCarthy would have started running the ball often early in the 3rd quarter.

And gotten beat before OT the way Brady was playing in the 2nd half.

I guess the fact Shanny did tap out maybe did matter after all?

Any truth to the rumor that jim mcnally was seen in the Patriots locker room during half time?

I'm so glad Martellus Bennett sucked big time, it couldn't have happened to a bigger ass!

Also.....I'd have to say that the Atlanta Falcons & Matt Ryan should go down as the all time biggest chokers in NFL History.

I'm so glad Martellus Bennett sucked big time, it couldn't have happened to a bigger ass!

Also.....I'd have to say that the Atlanta Falcons & Matt Ryan should go down as the all time biggest chokers in NFL History.

Hear what he said after the game?

"Teams overpay Super Bowl winners"

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Easily. Considering the stakes of the game, the score, having the MVP and leagues best offense it's the biggest choke. Plus all the "never happened in a SB before" circumstances they had to get to to make it possible. The celebration started at the beginning of the 4th qtr.
  • Like 1

Wow didn't realize how pathetic RLLD was until Ed posted a compilation of all his rantings :lol:

Wow didn't realize how pathetic RLLD was until Ed posted a compilation of all his rantings :lol:

that's just 7:46 EST last night till 10:13 :lol: :doh:

Easily. Considering the stakes of the game, the score, having the MVP and leagues best offense it's the biggest choke. Plus all the "never happened in a SB before" circumstances they had to get to to make it possible. The celebration started at the beginning of the 4th qtr.

:cheers: Monumental! .........I feel bad for them though, they looked so damn good

.I feel bad for them though, they looked so damn good

NE didn't even belong on the field with ATL in the first half.

As a Pats fan, I was having '85 Bears flashbacks.

Then GaGa played... and an hour and a half later, ATL got the ball again... and it was simply a different game.

ATL beat NE 28 to 3 in game 1.

NE beat ATL 31 to 0 in game 2.

• Like 1