Sign in to follow this  
drobeski

***Official Super Bowl LI Thread*** Patriots vs Falcons

Hopefully the Patriots will play the Cowboys or Niners in Super Bowl LII...

This will piss off Steeler fans so much...

Why should their defense have to go out and defend two consecutive drives, to me that doesn't make any sense.

Stop them.

It's that simple.

U don't stop them? Coin toss.

It does. His SB wins total makes the statement in arguable. If he had 3 wins people would still debate it. 5 ends the debate.

So if the RB had fumbled on his way into the end-zone for the game winning score and ATL recovered and returned it for a TD, Brady wouldn't be quite as good. Ok. :rolleyes:

How many Falcon players are smashing their fists into their lockers and crying? I lost 50 dollars to my momma today she loves Brady

My buddy tagged me and a bunch of other Pats fans at half time asking us where we were at since they were down 21-3. Told him there's still 2 quarters left and if ANYONE can make a comeback and win this game it's Tom Brady. Low and behold he does. Everyone besides Pats fans were wanting the Falcons to win. And everyone was talking sh1t at half time. Feels good remind them who's the GOAT

I have no dog in this fight however I struggle to feel too sorry for Atlanta when you gave up over two football lengths of field more yardage and New England ran almost a hundred plays. That's not very good

So if the RB had fumbled on his way into the end-zone for the game winning score and ATL recovered and returned it for a TD, Brady wouldn't be quite as good. Ok. :rolleyes:

You are talking about fans who are rarely rational. It wouldn't affect my opinion, but there are some who would argue against it, or at least pretend like they didn't believe it. 5 makes it inarguable.

Tom Brady is the GOAT he just made it nearly impossible to argue anything other than that

That's why I dont get all the Belichick greatest guy of all time, sh1ts little golden nuggets. Can never do any wrong. All the other coaches suck. Only he knows what to do.

I just watched Tom Brady do all the work.

All debates are over. Bill, Tom and pats franchise all the GOAT. Most incredible win in football history.

• Like 1

That's why I dont get all the Belicheck greatest guy of all time, sh1ts little golden nuggets. Can never do any wrong. All the other coaches suck. Only he knows what to do.

I just watched Tom Brady do all the work.

You didn't see how the defense let up 21 points in the 1st half and then shut out the Falcons in the 2nd? That's coaching, to be disciplined enough and confident enough to make that come back.

• Like 1

You didn't see how the defense let up 21 points in the 1st half and then shut out the Falcons in the 2nd? That's coaching, to be disciplined enough and confident enough to make that come back.

Every team makes second half adjustments. That doesn't make Bill god. What Tom just did, and what he always does, that makes him the best.

Every team makes second half adjustments. That doesn't make Bill god. What Tom just did, and what he always does, that makes him the best.

I see too many coaches not make the right second half adjustments. For Bill to make the right ones so often is skill in coaching.

WOW!.......Focking Amazing Game!!! :lock:

Congrats to the Pats........much respect!

My condolences to the Falcons :doh: ..................damn you guys looked so good too. :dunno:

Wow, that was a good game. Never thought I would see that comeback down by 25 in the 3rd.

I hope some folks here eat some crow.

Brady is clearly GOAT and there is no question. Many folks around us were saying that the Falcons out coached the Pats in the first half. Sure seems like that reversed in the 2nd half

• Like 1

28-3, the celebration has already begun. At the house we were all making jokes like what if they came back. No chance, miracle, over. It was in the bag. Miss the EP? Icing on the cake. Never been an OT SB. I'm still in shock.

• Like 1

BB gets to and wins these Super Bowls in training camp. He's the only great coach in the NFL. The only one. Most of these meathead coaches aren't worthy of being his assistant.

Wow, that was a good game. Never thought I would see that comeback down by 25 in the 3rd.

I hope some folks here eat some crow.

Brady is clearly GOAT and there is no question. Many folks around us were saying that the Falcons out coached the Pats in the first half. Sure seems like that reversed in the 2nd half

Montana doesn't lose SB's or throw int's when it matters, let alone pick 6's.

BB gets to and wins these Super Bowls in training camp. He's the only great coach in the NFL. The only one. Most of these meathead coaches aren't worthy of being his assistant.

Yea, he has everything covered in training camp, weekly game prep, game plan, 1/2 time adjustments, never giving up, and always having 2 point conversions with a high percentage of working that more often than not usually do work.

Yea, he has everything covered in training camp, weekly game prep, game plan, 1/2 time adjustments, never giving up, and always having 2 point conversions with a high percentage of working that more often than not usually do work.

Yup. Getting his ass kicked most of the game and as soon as Atlanta opened the door a crack, him and his well oiled machine burst right through. Atlanta was up by eight late and losing.

Yup. Getting his ass kicked most of the game and as soon as Atlanta opened the door a crack, him and his well oiled machine burst right through. Atlanta was up by eight late and losing.

That's the difference, ATL outplayed them, Bill out coached them. Get destroyed and still win?

That's the difference, ATL outplayed them, Bill out coached them. Get destroyed and still win?

I don't think the coaching was so good in the first half. Defense was weak. Running Blount outside on sweeps?

It's a 2 score game and you're like WTF? NE is getting killed...

mental toughness

Composure

Preparation

You can't under estimate that.

ATL folded the second it got a bit tight on them.

Brady Belichick never fold, always stay focused, disciplined, and manage emotions.

It's why they win.

Sometimes you execute. Sometimes you don't. But always prepared Always composed.

Matty Ice??? I like him but all the ice was on the other team - even when they were down 18.

I don't think the coaching was so good in the first half. Defense was weak. Running Blount outside on sweeps?

And unlike most moron meathead coaches in the NFL, he stopped doing it. Adapted and moved on. James White? Yup, that was the man tonight. Why? He was getting it done. I defy anyone to show me another great coach in the NFL right now. BB is peerless. Heck, I'm a believer that strategy in the NFL is overrated these days. Discipline, preparedness, and game management are the keys. He's got them all. Andy Reid has been around forever getting accolades and every time in a big spot he's got his head buried in his play card. BB is watching the game and telling the guys with the play cards what to do.

No, that's just how it goes vs an underrated Falcons D and best offense in the NFL. First half is all about executing the gameplan, 2nd is about adapting. Falcons shut them down, capitalized on their mistakes and just generally outplayed them. Halftime and poof, it's a completely different game yet same players. That's coaching right there.

I was at a Superbowl party and didn't get to follow this thread... knew it was going to be entertaining. :lol:

Congrats Patriots.

Better to make a super bowl and lose then not make it. It's like a silver medal. Brady has 5 gold medals and 2 silvers. Montana has 4 golds and 0 silvers.

Montana wasn't good enough to have that opportunity

No, that's just how it goes vs an underrated Falcons D and best offense in the NFL. First half is all about executing the gameplan, 2nd is about adapting. Falcons shut them down, capitalized on their mistakes and just generally outplayed them. Halftime and poof, it's a completely different game yet same players. That's coaching right there.

I think the end of the first half was a big momentum killer for the Atlanta offense also.

New England had the ball. Brady throws the pick 6. So New England gets the ball back. We then get the extra long halftime. And then Atlanta's opening drive after halftime was I believe a 3 and out.

You figure that offense ran 3 plays over the course of an hour. They were clicking big time, but that's a long time to cool down.

:pointstosky:

Tough watching that first half and early 3rd quarter...looked like it was gonna be worse than '86. Brady looked nervous, or too hyped up or something, receivers dropping balls, ATL running all over all over us. You knew Ryan would get his, but damn...

I've never been one to gloat about the Pats, and even as a fan, I've never been a huge Brady fan myself...I get the hatred for him away from New England. But. hell, all I gotta say is:

GOAT!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: