Sign in to follow this  
drobeski

***Official Super Bowl LI Thread*** Patriots vs Falcons

Re-watched the 4th and OT. I didn't even re-watch the Broncos win from last year.

Edelman's catch is the stuff of legend. 3 ATL guys vs. him. Game changer. ATL gets the INT and it's a whole 'nother outcome.

Re-watched the 4th and OT. I didn't even re-watch the Broncos win from last year.

Edelman's catch is the stuff of legend. 3 ATL guys vs. him. Game changer. ATL gets the INT and it's a whole 'nother outcome.

Wiff, there were easily 10 plays had they had a different outcome, the game may have too

Thanks Captain Obvious...

Wiff, there were easily 10 plays had they had a different outcome, the game may have too

agreed.

But Edelman's catch was so logic defying... fockin' wizardry, luck, grit, and concentration all rolled into one (like Tyree or Baldwin).

Taking ATL out of FG range was huge too. Would have been a two score game.

Would have been game over. Yup.

or if Freeman even tried to block Hightower and they punted instead of the strip sack

One of the greatest catches of all time in any game.

Biggest come back in SB history.

1st ever OT in a SB.

Most receptions by a player in a SB

Most completions in a SB ever.

Most pass yards in a SB ever

I'd say it was the greatest SB of all time.

Oh and watching Dan Quinn bounce up and down like a school girl with every play, only to have the composed Belichick beat him. Priceless.

I forgot to say......Edelman is a beast! :headbanger:

Probably my favorite non Dallas Cowboy.

One of the greatest catches of all time in any game.

Biggest come back in SB history.

1st ever OT in a SB.

Most receptions by a player in a SB

Most completions in a SB ever.

Most pass yards in a SB ever

I'd say it was the greatest SB of all time.

Oh and watching Dan Quinn bounce up and down like a school girl with every play, only to have the composed Belichick beat him. Priceless.

I thought this early in the game.

Dan Quinn jumping up and down like a fan. Pathetic. I was so glad he lost.

Which NFL Siblings Have the Most SuperBowl Rings?

Tom, Julie, and Nancy Brady = 5

Peyton, Eli Manning = 4

Peyton, Eli Manning = 4

Rlld wants to know why they gave Tom 3 different names

Peyton, Eli Manning = 4

Holy fock, if it weren't for the Mannings, Brady might have focking 9 rings. :shocking:

Holy fock, if it weren't for the Mannings, Brady might have focking 9 rings. :shocking:

maybe 8.

it didn't matter who the QB was when DEN's D trounced NE at Mile High.

I

I'd say 8 to be sure.

Wtf, Edelman is banging Lima? She along with Giselle were the top Victoria secret models back in the day, pretty wild he and Tom both nabbed them.

Amendola's girl

http://heavy.com/sports/2017/02/olivia-culpo-danny-amendola-girlfriend-photos-dating-patriots-wags-instagram-super-bowl/

I was so focused on the ball the first 10 times I saw the highlight I didn't even realize he gets kicked in the face right when he's trying to grab the ball.

Then he does the old levitating ball trick just to add some drama to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBLX4qKo3no

I was so focused on the ball the first 10 times I saw the highlight I didn't even realize he gets kicked in the face right when he's trying to grab the ball.

Then he does the old levitating ball trick just to add some drama to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBLX4qKo3no

people that say that isn't as miraculous as David Tyree are retarded.

Sure it wasn't as HUGE, but it was just as much of a miracle.

Without Tyree's catch the Giants lose. 100%

Pats still could have won with Edelman's catch

Tyrees catch was on third down.

I not only think they could have won without it, I think they would have won without it. Atlanta's d was just totally gassed at that point and the Patriots had plenty of time on the clock.

Tyrees catch was on third down.

and I said otherwise? :huh:

Heard Goodell is thinking of suspending Brady again, this time for DEFLATING Atlanta's hopes.

I heard the most pathetic radio guys from yesterday. (from ATL)

Saying how much the loss hurt and how people that were down and out in life really needed the falcons to win :lol:

ATL took ATL out of FG range - those idiots deserve to miss the playoffs for the next 20 years for that stupidity... You don't kick the SB Gods in the sack when they're trying to hand you your 1st title.

Besides the Braves World Series... this loss is actually the greatest, most significant thing to happen in ATL sports lore.

And it will probably be more memorable in the larger sports community than the Braves WS title.

You don't build a deep, meaningful, historic sports culture without the highs and lows... This becomes ATL's "Buckner"... ATL's "18-1", ATLs "too many men on the ice", ATL's "Bucky F'n Dent", etc, etc, etc. and I don't want to get into the Celtics bad times because those involve life & death and are on an even larger scale than games/titles.

With more time to reflect, it's the worst coaching job in history, knocking Pete Carroll off the pedestal. They handed over a Super Bowl. I would have to fire Quinn.

With more time to reflect, it's the worst coaching job in history, knocking Pete Carroll off the pedestal. They handed over a Super Bowl. I would have to fire Quinn.

Pete Carroll was ONE play.

Quinn took an entire quarter and focked up at LEAST 6 times.

No question.. At least with Seattle, even with 1 TO left, there was still only 18 seconds left.

Quinn botched an entire 4th quarter, including the blood bath massacre of that crucial drive........ ATL is never going to recover from this - be lucky to go 8-8 next year.

No question.. At least with Seattle, even with 1 TO left, there was still only 18 seconds left.

Quinn botched an entire 4th quarter, including the blood bath massacre of that crucial drive........ ATL is never going to recover from this - be lucky to go 8-8 next year.

I agree. I don't see how Atlanta can come back. May as well accept the inevitable and clean house. The HC won't survive. He will be jumped on for everything that goes wrong. This is Grady Little stuff here. Just get it over with and try and put it behind you.

Pete Carroll was ONE play.

Quinn took an entire quarter and focked up at LEAST 6 times.

I agree. Especially if you go with the theory that they might have had to make at least 1 pass if Lynch didn't get in on the next play.

That endzone slant pass went the whole year without being intercepted also.

I think Seattles biggest screw up was the order of the plays. That should've been a run play to Lynch first, then if he didn't score. Make a throw, or a QB option, or whatever the next play would have been. Run first, then throw, not the throw first.

Also, at least I can also say we were only trying to score to take the lead and win.

Atlanta had a huge lead, and the game won. Big difference imo.

Carroll should have over ruled Bevell on 1 play. Quinn should have over ruled Shanahan the whole 4th quarter. At minimum, the rest of the series after the Julio Jones first down. Hit the button on your headset and tell Shanny, 3 runs and a field goal.

Run first, then throw, not the throw first.

The problem is this is probably exactly what the defense is expecting, especially since you only have one timeout, which you are going to have to burn after the run. I don't think the call to pass there was near as bad as it is made out to be. It's just that the one thing that couldn't happen happened.

Atlanta's coaches are largely to blame, but the Pats players needed to step up and be great when the chips were down.

Brady and Co. did just that. I hate 'em, but you gotta give 'em credit.

Atlanta's coaches are largely to blame, but the Pats players needed to step up and be great when the chips were down.

Brady and Co. did just that. I hate 'em, but you gotta give 'em credit.

That's what it is. Atlanta should never have given the Pats the openings they did, but it's not like the Pats didn't capitalize.

• Like 1