Sign in to follow this  
purplengold47

NFL lead investigator recommends no suspension for Zeke.

If you read that closely you will note that recommendation was made during the NFL investigation and was omitted from the NFL report.

That speaks volumes to be about the credibility of their investigations and the the things said/done by Goodell.

• Like 1

If you read that closely you will note that recommendation was made during the NFL investigation and was omitted from the NFL report.

That speaks volumes to be about the credibility of their investigations and the the things said/done by Goodell.

this reinforces what I've said on other threads

Goodell does not care if Elliott is guilty or innocent the suspension was done to keep the NFL in the news throughout the summer. A little controversy usually is good for ratings.

I wouldnt trust this man as far as I could throw him

• Like 1

This is unreal. It's one of the most incompetent things I have ever seen. It's as if Goodell is trying to hurt the product.

Nothing new though, I said this guy was shady as could be way back when he destroyed the Spygate tapes

Nothing has happened to change that opinion and plenty has happened to back it up

This is unreal. It's one of the most incompetent things I have ever seen. It's as if Goodell is trying to hurt the product.

This.

A leak like this indicates a strong division within NFL corporate structure imo. IF it's true, it makes the suspension an "agenda" type case and should result in Goodell being relieved of his duties. As has been said, this is what happens when you give anyone an article 46 type power.

A leak like this indicates a strong division within NFL corporate structure imo. IF it's true, it makes the suspension an "agenda" type case and should result in Goodell being relieved of his duties. As has been said, this is what happens when you give anyone an article 46 type power.

Pretty sure they just gave him a five year extension.

• Like 1

Pretty sure they just gave him a five year extension.

Pretty sure a conspiracy to suspend players is a breach of contract.

Ok.

Maybe so, but who is going to force him out?

I dunno, I think the leak was planned all along.

think about Vince McMahon of the WWE. how much he was hated and how the ratings went through the roof when he became a big villian?

remind you of anything?

I'm saying he has made himself into a Villain and it is not by accident.

think about Vince McMahon of the WWE. how much he was hated and how the ratings went through the roof when he became a big villian?

remind you of anything?

If that's the case, then he should really be relieved of his duties

He's there to run a league not play a character on TV

However, a guy with the ego of Goodell, it's not out of the question

Friel, a huge Giants fan and one of the investigators, intentionally did not include the information from the lead investigator who recommended no suspension when presenting the case to Hoedell

remind you of anything?

No...McMahon's act was as fake as the product he pimps. It doesn't take rocket appliances to know how fake wrastling is. NFL may be just as fake, but they are at least trying to pass it off as "real".

So on the surface, Goodell seems corrupt AF. Is anything actually going to come of this? He got away with suspending Brady and nothing happened to him. I don't know why the owners put up with this guy other than the fact that he must make them truckloads of money.

No...McMahon's act was as fake as the product he pimps. It doesn't take rocket appliances to know how fake wrastling is. NFL may be just as fake, but they are at least trying to pass it off as "real".

Rocket appliances? Where would one find such devices?

Rocket appliances? Where would one find such devices?

Not to derail the thread, but if you haven't watch Trailer Park Boys, it's worth a look. Full of jacked up sayings like that.

Classic! And that's how you get two birds stoned at once...

As for Zeke, and the investigation...it's a real cluster. But that's all water under the fridge.

Classic! And that's how you get two birds stoned at once...

As for Zeke, and the investigation...it's a real cluster. But that's all water under the fridge.

Yeah the NFL is in a real catch twenty three situation... I say fire both Friel and Goodell at the same time that way you get two birds stoned at once.

Yeah the NFL is in a real catch twenty three situation... I say fire both Friel and Goodell at the same time that way you get two birds stoned at once.

It's a real crop of s#!t

Clown show Goodell. I think there's a meme out there, but my work pc won't blocks it.

Friel, a huge Giants fan and one of the investigators, intentionally did not include the information from the lead investigator who recommended no suspension when presenting the case to Hoedell

She’s the sort of fan who turned the den of her Brooklyn home into a shrine (painting it Giants blue and red and decorating it with team paraphernalia and a life-size wall-hanging of Eli Manning), boasts season tickets that have been in her family for more than 60 years, and cheers her lungs out at every game at MetLife Stadium in the New Jersey Meadowlands.

“She’s a rabid Giants fan,” says Friel’s former boss, Linda Fairstein, the famed New York prosecutor-turned-crime novelist. “I can be sitting at home staying good and toasty, watching a game, and she’s out there in all kinds of weather,” Fairstein says. “She knows football inside-out.”

On the surface, you ignore stuff like this - you assume the person in this position is professional enuff to handle their biz... But then you find out Lisa Friel not only ignored a 160 page report by Kia Roberts, not only ignored all her notes and not only ignored Roberts' recommendation NOT to suspend Zeke - but she ran to Rog and was the one who recommended that Zeke get popped 6-games.

This looks really, really bad for the League.

She’s the sort of fan who turned the den of her Brooklyn home into a shrine (painting it Giants blue and red and decorating it with team paraphernalia and a life-size wall-hanging of Eli Manning), boasts season tickets that have been in her family for more than 60 years, and cheers her lungs out at every game at MetLife Stadium in the New Jersey Meadowlands.

“She’s a rabid Giants fan,” says Friel’s former boss, Linda Fairstein, the famed New York prosecutor-turned-crime novelist. “I can be sitting at home staying good and toasty, watching a game, and she’s out there in all kinds of weather,” Fairstein says. “She knows football inside-out.”

On the surface, you ignore stuff like this - you assume the person in this position is professional enuff to handle their biz... But then you find out Lisa Friel not only ignored a 160 page report by Kia Roberts, not only ignored all her notes and not only ignored Roberts' recommendation NOT to suspend Zeke - but she ran to Rog and was the one who recommended that Zeke get popped 6-games.

This looks really, really bad for the League.

But does the league really care if it looks bad? Everyone is still going to watch the games. Roger seems to operate with zero regard for public opinion other than wanting to appear tough on domestic violence etc to keep sponsors happy.

At this point, you gotta wonder if Goodell being a total incompetent when it comes to player discipline is a ploy by the owners. Maybe next CBA, the players will be willing to settle for less money to get player discipline out of Roger's hands.

But does the league really care if it looks bad? Everyone is still going to watch the games. Roger seems to operate with zero regard for public opinion other than wanting to appear tough on domestic violence etc to keep sponsors happy.

Even though certain teams still generate ratings, the League as a whole is slowly bleeding viewership - this certainly won't help.

This has put Goodell in a really bad spot... He either 1) knew about all of Kia Roberts' findings/suggestions, knew that Friel completely ignored her report, knew that Friel recommended 6 games even knowing Roberts said the witness was not reliable and no suspension was warranted - and still handed down 6 games or 2) Rog has a scandal on his hands involving key executive officials in his office conspiring to punish players, who just so happen to be rivals of their home team.

I didn't follow the Tom Brady thing, but wasn't there a similar "scandal" there since he destroyed tapes? Nothing became of it right?

It's as if Goodell is trying to hurt the product.

But it still, as always, comes down to the bank account.

How is the NFL doing financially? Are they still increasing their profits each year? Expanding into new markets? Building bigger and better stadiums?

Until they start losing money, or making less money, they have zero incentive to change anything. So for every fan out there complaining about this case, or other cases, who still spends money on the product--tickets, jerseys, mugs, etc.--there is exactly zero impact on the NFL to change anything. It's thousands of people saying "Man, I hate this cheeseburger, it sucks" as they keep eating the cheeseburger. And the place that makes the cheeseburger that you don't like but keep eating will sell you another one just like it.

If that's the case, then he should really be relieved of his duties

He's there to run a league not play a character on TV

However, a guy with the ego of Goodell, it's not out of the question

well, if it does make for better ratings and all the owners make more money, do you think they will REALLY want to fire him?

Suspension or not, the kid needs to stop acting like a focking idiot and grow up.

That goes without saying.

Not to derail the thread, but if you haven't watch Trailer Park Boys, it's worth a look. Full of jacked up sayings like that.

And now I know! :lol:

Suspension or not, the kid needs to stop acting like a focking idiot and grow up.

The knowledge he is gaining of the intricacies of our legal system, politics, and corporate motivations insures by the end of this process he will pass for being a red blooded, true blue, modern adult.

well, if it does make for better ratings and all the owners make more money, do you think they will REALLY want to fire him?

Well, how long did that last for Vince McMahon?

He couldn't play that role forever

The ratings were down last year, a decent amount and that will continue if they keep screwing around

The NFL has been about as good a brand as there has been in the USA for as long as I can remember, that's changing

While yes, they are making a lot of money now, that can change

If they decide to make it a soap opera, which Goodell seems to be hell bent on doing, real football fans, the ones who have watched all along, will turn it off

Then the fake fans who just want to see drama will go elsewhere once the NFL isn't cool any more

Well, how long did that last for Vince McMahon?

He couldn't play that role forever

The ratings were down last year, a decent amount and that will continue if they keep screwing around

The NFL has been about as good a brand as there has been in the USA for as long as I can remember, that's changing

While yes, they are making a lot of money now, that can change

If they decide to make it a soap opera, which Goodell seems to be hell bent on doing, real football fans, the ones who have watched all along, will turn it off

Then the fake fans who just want to see drama will go elsewhere once the NFL isn't cool any more

This!

Same with Nascar. Real fans got tired of the silliness. Now, the fake fans are realizing that people don't care.

To take it back even further. Remember when the Indy 500 was THE race in the USA? Remember when they had a league and everything? Yeah, somehow, they lost their popularity and now that sport is basically dead.