Sign in to follow this  
montana

This is what kills a league - Commish's take note

I've been a part of a 10 team league for 5 years. $20 buy in, winner take all. I've won it the last 2 years straight & currently first @ 7-1.

There are 3 owners that hangout together religiously plus 1 of the 3 has a son that's in the league. I've seen some lopsided trades from this bunch of 3 or 4 but what went on yesterday takes the cake. 1 team is 5-3, 1 is 4-4, other 2 are 2-6. Of course both the 2-6 teams basically traded all their best players to the 2 with better records (so basically put: father & son teamed up & the other 2 buddies teamed up to make 2 "super teams".

Trades like Julio for Amendola...Gurley for Abdullah...Wentz for Rivers...Ertz for Cook... Fournette, Kelce, Smith & Cooper for Buck Allen, Hurns, Ellington, & Eli.

Of course, all the trades went through because the Commish doesn't believe in veto's.

Clearly they agreed to make 2 super teams to make a run at the $.

I'm completely disgusted & mad as hell. So, I did what they did. I talked to another owner & we teamed up. We agreed to split the pot 50/50 & I sent all my best players to him (he's 6-2 in 2nd place).

He got Evans, Hunt, Freeman, Zeke, Morris, KB, Engram, Winston, Martin, & Jax D.

10 teams, now basically down to 3. The other remaining teams are really bitching & will most likely form their own alliances.

This is why some trades NEED to be vetoed. Lots of bad blood now & highly doubtful it continues next year.

Oh yeah, and only me & my new "partner" have paid league dues. Should be no pay, no play...hell, no draft.

You have a lot of doorbells to ring and punches into the nads to deliver. After that, find another league. Its easy at your price point. And you have a low wall to jump over to end up in a better league. Those folks are clearly scumbags to overtly collude over a 200 pot.

Oh yeah, and only me & my new "partner" have paid league dues. Should be no pay, no play...hell, no draft.

No offense, any decent league wouldn't of start without all league dues or at least replace the players.

There is no excuse to not pay on time. This is 2017, there is a million ways to pay online.

• Like 1

I've been a part of a 10 team league for 5 years. $20 buy in, winner take all. I've won it the last 2 years straight & currently first @ 7-1.

There are 3 owners that hangout together religiously plus 1 of the 3 has a son that's in the league. I've seen some lopsided trades from this bunch of 3 or 4 but what went on yesterday takes the cake. 1 team is 5-3, 1 is 4-4, other 2 are 2-6. Of course both the 2-6 teams basically traded all their best players to the 2 with better records (so basically put: father & son teamed up & the other 2 buddies teamed up to make 2 "super teams".

Trades like Julio for Amendola...Gurley for Abdullah...Wentz for Rivers...Ertz for Cook... Fournette, Kelce, Smith & Cooper for Buck Allen, Hurns, Ellington, & Eli.

Of course, all the trades went through because the Commish doesn't believe in veto's.

Clearly they agreed to make 2 super teams to make a run at the $.

I'm completely disgusted & mad as hell. So, I did what they did. I talked to another owner & we teamed up. We agreed to split the pot 50/50 & I sent all my best players to him (he's 6-2 in 2nd place).

He got Evans, Hunt, Freeman, Zeke, Morris, KB, Engram, Winston, Martin, & Jax D.

10 teams, now basically down to 3. The other remaining teams are really bitching & will most likely form their own alliances.

This is why some trades NEED to be vetoed. Lots of bad blood now & highly doubtful it continues next year.

yeah, either vetos or you need to be in a league with morals and ethics.

Ah hell, it's been going on for 5 years & I've won 4 of the 5. Last year we had an owner cancel 30 minutes before the draft. So I called my brother (whom lives 8 hours away) & asked him to join (he hasn't played FF in years). We agreed that I'd draft his team but he'd pay the dues & run the team.

You guessed it - the 2 teams I drafted ended up in the final...and of course the ones colluding this year accused me of cheating last year because they claimed I had 2 teams.

Anyone that's ever drafted for more than 1 team in a draft can tell you it's a disadvantage because you cannot dedicate your focus & attention to just your team.

He (brother) took full control over the team after the draft. He did all the management & research for the year. Neither one of us made a single trade to any team (especially each other) the whole year. But some how I was accused of cheating. Looking back at this, I think this plan was probably put in place weeks (if not months) ago.

It's gonna be fun watching this thing explode in their faces. :headbanger:

Only play with friends or family you have known your whole life. And even then their can be problems. Or just do Fanduel or that new 3 team snake league I keep hearing advertised. That solves all problems.

Ah hell, it's been going on for 5 years & I've won 4 of the 5. Last year we had an owner cancel 30 minutes before the draft. So I called my brother (whom lives 8 hours away) & asked him to join (he hasn't played FF in years). We agreed that I'd draft his team but he'd pay the dues & run the team.

You guessed it - the 2 teams I drafted ended up in the final...and of course the ones colluding this year accused me of cheating last year because they claimed I had 2 teams.

Anyone that's ever drafted for more than 1 team in a draft can tell you it's a disadvantage because you cannot dedicate your focus & attention to just your team.

He (brother) took full control over the team after the draft. He did all the management & research for the year. Neither one of us made a single trade to any team (especially each other) the whole year. But some how I was accused of cheating. Looking back at this, I think this plan was probably put in place weeks (if not months) ago.

It's gonna be fun watching this thing explode in their faces. :headbanger:

You ain't getting paid.

Two wrongs don't make a right, you teamed up with someone else, so you are just as bad as them. You have no grounds now to gripe. Look in the mirror, you are scum like them.

Only play with friends or family you have known your whole life. And even then their can be problems. Or just do Fanduel or that new 3 team snake league I keep hearing advertised. That solves all problems.

Bad thing is we're all neighbors..we live in the same development...I've known most of them for 7-8 years.

Two wrongs don't make a right, you teamed up with someone else, so you are just as bad as them. You have no grounds now to gripe. Look in the mirror, you are scum like them.

Yes. Yes I am.

Sometimes as a parent or a member of management, you have to protect them against themselves. They don't realize that their own actions have just as big or bigger consequences than the actions of others.

They want colluding, they got colluding. Be careful what you wish for.

LOL

Same hood? Even easier to punch some nads. Finish the season strong then drop out the next year if you cant play in a bad league without caring about it.

And yeah, blind bid faab is wonderful. Its the only good way to do free agency at this point.

Commissioners have 2 jobs....collect and payout funds and prevent collusion. Fail at either of those and yeah no more league.

I can understand 1 person being glutton for punishment but 10? All in the same league? For 5 years? I hope you all are just having fun with this and laughing it all off.

LOL. Nothing like breaking Board rules to make a point about people breaking rules.

"Please pay careful attention to how you use your words. Don't attack individuals. Personal attacks, flames on individuals, or vulgar language may result in warning, suspension or loss of membership. We urge each individual to respect common rules of decency."

Its calles collusion and tanking and any commish worth a damn understands to veto those. You also need to sit down with the owners and explain to them why its such a no no. A lot of people are just naive and dont see a problem. Granted with such low stakes and a friendly atmosphere I can see it happening, but still worth talking to them about.

I can understand 1 person being glutton for punishment but 10? All in the same league? For 5 years? I hope you all are just having fun with this and laughing it all off.

This is my basic thought on all this mess. Besides the obvious BS of guys not paying up the measly 20 bucks, which should by this point in the season, negate any roster moves by these clowns. You may as well just rename this league the "Ultimate Douche Bag League" and embrace the core principle of anything goes and laugh it off.

1st -If this trading issue has been going on for 5 yrs I would sit down with the owners and let them know if trades are allowed to continue this way you are OUT! Then propose there be a voting process on ALL trades next year and oh yeah raise the fee.

2nd - Seems like nobody cares. Even you have joined in the mess. So JUST QUIT right now and let the "I don't care" Commissioner handle the backlash.

GOOD LUCK

Update -

So even though I traded away all my "good players" for their junk, I remained very active via FA & WW.

Last week I beat one of the 3 "super teams" by double digits (13.4pts)... yesterday I beat another (by almost 30), & play the final "super team" for the Championship.

Karma. Ain't it a ? :lol:

Yesterday's line up:

QB: Cam

RB: Kamara/Drake

WR: Goodwin/MJ Jr.

TE: Watson

K: Butker

D: Vikes

Flex: D.Lewis

Kamara was the only good player I kept, the rest were picked up via WW/FA.

:lol:

Do auction drafts and have a salary cap. You can't trade LeVeon Bell for Cameron Artis-Payne because it will put you over your cap for most bad trade situations. Then have votes for suspect trades to go through.

Either do that or just quit your league and go online or find a new FF group.

I've been running my league since 1998 and until 2013/2014 we'd always draft in person so collecting money was easy since they'd bring it with them. Over the past few years I've had owners move out of town so we'll usually get 7-8 together and draft online with the others on Skype so we can trash talk.

My rule is simple: if you're not paid up before the week 2 games start then you're out. Totally agree with Challenger - these days there are tons of ways to pay electronically. Sadly I had to boot a 6 year owner out this year because he didn't pay on time and couldn't find a replacement owner so basically anyone playing him got a bye. Kind of sucks but what can you do.

This is ridiculous. I get OP is fighting fire with fire, but honestly, I'd just quit the league and demand my money be refunded, rather than resort to their dirty tactics. It's a cheap buy in at least so you're not on the hook for too much money if not.

Commish needs to be above this sort of thing, I hope this league has a mass exit of owners next season (as it should).