Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Going to get a tattoo

My 16 yr old daughter, the one with Type 1 diabetes, wants to get one on her wrist that amounts to a permanent medicalert bracelet. I'm into the concept in theory but the designs she has looked at are way bigger than a bracelet so it hasn't happened. She hasn't mentioned it recently but I can see it eventually happening. In fact I can see negotiating her down to a smaller design before she is 18 and I can't control it.

I also have a very good friend whose son committed suicide. He has his name tattooed on his ankle.

These are meaningful things for which I can see the value of a tattoo. Most others, eh. :thumbsdown:

My 16 yr old daughter, the one with Type 1 diabetes, wants to get one on her wrist that amounts to a permanent medicalert bracelet. I'm into the concept in theory but the designs she has looked at are way bigger than a bracelet so it hasn't happened. She hasn't mentioned it recently but I can see it eventually happening. In fact I can see negotiating her down to a smaller design before she is 18 and I can't control it.

I also have a very good friend whose son committed suicide. He has his name tattooed on his ankle.

These are meaningful things for which I can see the value of a tattoo. Most others, eh. :thumbsdown:

I saw a guy who has his whole back covered. Hes a big traveler, and in every country hes been to, hes had some sort of a traditional design. Most of them were done by traditional methods, like a hammer and a thorn with ink made from berries or whatever.

At least that ones cool.

In my experience guys without tattoos are more emotionally stable than guys with tattoos, and it's usually easy to discern. Only guy I actually came to love had two or three. I didn't pay much attention to them; I know what two of the three are about. Super tall, lean redhead with a long beard (Eastern Orthodox). Dressed Amish like sometimes. He didn't tick any of my preconcieved boxes. He's super smart, has a mood disorder and manages it very well. Craziest guy I dated had quite a few tattoos and regretted many. I didn't actually see his arms for a while.

I've been looking for something pretty specific for many years now. I swear as soon as I find it I'm going to get it. It's just really hard to find a tattoo artist who has flesh colored ink.

Tattoos are pretty much played out.

Instead, I have a detailed model of Stonehenge on my upper arm made entirely of skin tags.

Tattoos are pretty much played out.

Instead, I have a detailed model of Stonehenge on my upper arm made entirely of skin tags.

Hahahahaha

My peemus has one. Flaccid it says 'Super' when erect it says 'Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious'

to scale: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Just get a tattoo of your rival sports team's logo. That way, if people think it's stupid, you can say you lost a bet.

I got a fake scar from a kidney transplant and tell chicks I donated to save a young childs life.

Definite panty dropper

• Like 1

I got a fake scar from a kidney transplant and tell chicks I donated to save a young childs life.

Definite panty dropper

Is that while youre on the porch shirtless, slugging a big boy?

In my experience guys without tattoos are more emotionally stable than guys with tattoos, and it's usually easy to discern. Only guy I actually came to love had two or three. I didn't pay much attention to them; I know what two of the three are about. Super tall, lean redhead with a long beard (Eastern Orthodox). Dressed Amish like sometimes. He didn't tick any of my preconcieved boxes. He's super smart, has a mood disorder and manages it very well. Craziest guy I dated had quite a few tattoos and regretted many. I didn't actually see his arms for a while.

Arent you a 30-something virgin who lived with her parents?

Arent you a 30-something virgin who lived with her parents?

By "dated" she means "teased." :(

I hope it fills whatever void you're trying to fill. :(

It very rarely does.

It's an attention getter. Every chick that I've ever seen gets one loves the attention and gets to show it off. Then after awhile nobody gives a crap and so what do they do? Go get another tattoo.

Repeat.

I dont like them on women. If theyre small and really well done then okay. But those huge ones across the chest or whatever? Yuck. Or if you got the tramp stamp or the one on the back of your neck for giving head or the jack off tattoo on the inside of your arm... well thanks for letting me know youre a wh0re but arent there times you dont want to broadcast that to the whole world??

Anyway Im probably an ahole so whatever.

Listening to a woman describe the meaning behind her overly vague and overly detailed tattoos maybe some of the longest time ever spent. It's actually worse than listening to people describe their dreams to you. Hey, we get it. It's meaningful to you. Doesn't mean to me.

A friend of mine is an MMA fighter. She's cool as hell, but every time she starts talking about her overly detailed tattoo, my eyes just glazed over.

If it's any consolation, we can always walk away from that. But she's stuck the rest of her life having to explain what this damn tattoo means.

Perhaps true. Its that whole holding down a job raising kids phase they may find problematic.

Although maybe the stigma against tattoos in jobs is a dying thing. They all seem to think so.

I don't think it matters as much. I'm in construction, so it doesn't matter for me job wise.

I don't think it matters as much. I'm in construction, so it doesn't matter for me job wise.

Im a software engineer at a fortune 500 company and it doesnt matter. Sure, a neck or face tattoo would be a deal breaker, but thats just a dumb thing to do to begin with. My right arm is sleeved, and I wear polo shirts to work. Never had a problem.

• Like 1

Im a software engineer at a fortune 500 company and it doesnt matter. Sure, a neck or face tattoo would be a deal breaker, but thats just a dumb thing to do to begin with. My right arm is sleeved, and I wear polo shirts to work. Never had a problem.

So you think you will always be happy you got a sleeve? I am getting the tattoo on my forearm.

So you think you will always be happy you got a sleeve? I am getting the tattoo on my forearm.

My advice is to get a tattoo you could expand into a sleeve. Tattoos are addictive and if you like it youll want to add more. Think of the landscape you want to eventually put around the Tasmanian Devil or the waves you might add to the anchor that says mom underneath it.

My advice is to get a tattoo you could expand into a sleeve. Tattoos are addictive and if you like it youll want to add more. Think of the landscape you want to eventually put around the Tasmanian Devil or the waves you might add to the anchor that says mom underneath it.

The Tasmanian devil is actually going to be my trampstamp, where my Tasmanian devil also has his own tramp stamp.

The forearm tat will be butterflies, a rose, and live laugh love

The Tasmanian devil is actually going to be my trampstamp, where my Tasmanian devil also has his own tramp stamp.

The forearm tat will be butterflies, a rose, and live laugh love

Youre getting that all wrong. The Tasmanian Devil goes on your right shoulder. Or the left, if youre getting Calvin pissing on something on the right. The butterfly is the tramp stamp.

HTH

Youre getting that all wrong. The Tasmanian Devil goes on your right shoulder. Or the left, if youre getting Calvin pissing on something on the right. The butterfly is the tramp stamp.

HTH

Dammit, thanks for setting me straight.

I am not planning on getting a sleeve though. One tattoo on one forearm. The rest will be concealable, most likely. I like the minimalist tattoos. I am not a large mural type guy.

If I had to get a tattoo I would do the girly thing and go floral:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgE3pLkl-aA/?taken-by=killercolours

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZgI30SBJ-I/?taken-by=killercolours

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKJUiRlDsY8/?taken-by=keikolynn

No need to explain them unless someone really needs to hear "I think it looks pretty."

Beards, tattoos. Desperate to appear masculine.

Best thing is to get something thats extremely trendy right now. Then in 5 years you can look back fondly. Or better yet get something thats on its tail end of popularity but still clinging to life desperately in the crevasses of the internet or things your mom just learned.

Want to draw attention to yourself....wear a jock strap on your head and read The Twelve Days of Christmas during spring break.. Be smarter than defacing your body and just as comical when your old and look back, or front, and realize you did something incredibley stoopid.

Best thing is to get something thats extremely trendy right now. Then in 5 years you can look back fondly. Or better yet get something thats on its tail end of popularity but still clinging to life desperately in the crevasses of the internet or things your mom just learned.

So my BLM and MAGA tattoos should enshrine me permanently in the 2018 HOF?

If I had to get a tattoo I would do the girly thing and go floral:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgE3pLkl-aA/?taken-by=killercolours

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZgI30SBJ-I/?taken-by=killercolours

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKJUiRlDsY8/?taken-by=keikolynn

No need to explain them unless someone really needs to hear "I think it looks pretty."

Just so you know, all those flowers could be a lot better. Choose your artist wisely

That and the contradiction hall of fame.

If you really want to round out the trifecta of stupid ass acronyms from the 2000s, cant go wrong with YOLO.

Just so you know, all those flowers could be a lot better. Choose your artist wisely

She should get the entire King James Version tattooed very small on her whole body.

On one ass cheek, in larger print, have THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBORS ASS, FOR THOU SHALL GET NONE.

near her vag, maybe AS I WALK THROUGH THE VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF DOUBT... LEAD ME NOT INTO TEMPTATION...

And finish with... WILL THY ROD AND THY STAFF COMFORT ME?

I got my first one in October at age 53, a Celtic family knot with my wife and kids' initials on the side of my left shoulder. I've got no regerts. It'll only be visible when I'm at the beach. I'm thinking about another one on the other shoulder, just haven't decided what yet. I'm not into the flashy stuff like flames and skulls and whatnot, but it'll be something meaningful to me if I do it again.

That and the contradiction hall of fame.

If you really want to round out the trifecta of stupid ass acronyms from the 2000s, cant go wrong with YOLO.

I can't even joke about getting YOLO permanently on my body. I would joke about getting a dlck on me before that

I can't even joke about getting YOLO permanently on my body. I would joke about getting a dlck on me before that

As in you don't have a d!ck? Or you want someone else's d1ck on you? :dunno:

Yeah my Mike Brown tattoo isn't aging well....

Hopefully my Free Larry Nassar one does better.