Sign in to follow this  
Sho Nuff

Another school shooting. Houston

Ive got an idea. This kid apparently got the shotgun and .38 from his dad. How about holding these responsible gun owners criminally liable if their unsecured firearms are used to commit a murder?

There you have your law that can help prevent school shootings.

What if stolen?

trench coats, long hair, piercings, tatts, backwards/sideways/flat brim hats, not allowed in my house.

Sunday best, going out to dinner is slacks or nice jeans, button up shirt or sweater.

:thumbsup:

not sure if I have ever or will ever say this again

but I agree with MDC 100%

my kid CANNOT get MY Firearms. If he does its because I was negligent

Truth.

Ive got an idea. This kid apparently got the shotgun and .38 from his dad. How about holding these responsible gun owners criminally liable if their unsecured firearms are used to commit a murder?

There you have your law that can help prevent school shootings.

I think there is something to work with here. :thumbsup:

What if stolen?

Stolen out of a safe? Sure youre off the hook.

Many will never go for that...because then they have to be responsible for being parents to their kids.

Bryton Sumbles, a former football player for the school, told ABC News that he reported Pagourtzis to teachers in the past because he thought it was odd that he would wear trench coats in 97-degree weather, and he thought it would be easy to hide a gun under the coat. Nothing seemed to come from the report, Sumbles said

Great job there school administration.

"School" as we know it today is so problematic and antiquated - the school shootings just tip the scales even further towards really evaluating our entire "system" of education.

Education.

Taxes.

Healthcare.

These "systems" are relics of the industrial revolution and none of them work well anymore... and while school shootings are a (or the) major issue, it's just another bullet point in the list of issues that are pushing for a wholesale change in the way education is achieved.

As someone who works in a big HS, and understands it now, pretty holistically, from an operations standpoint, I can't agree more. This comes to my mind all the time.

This is the fallacy of the anti-gun crowd. They want you to believe that the next step towards gun control is the first step towards gun control. That view is indicative of someone who doesn't see the big picture.

We currently reside in the middle ground. I'm not prepared to cede anymore ground until we exhaust all other possible solutions.

The US has more guns per capita than any country on the planet. How is that “middle ground”?

The US has more guns per capita than any country on the planet. How is that middle ground?

Because they cant own automatic weapons, grenade launchers, and poison gas weaponry.

And these people want to pretend they are the reasonable ones.

Dont bother talking to them anymore. They are sick, its a waste of breath. As they are fond of saying, you only get the guns from their cold dead hands.

"School" as we know it today is so problematic and antiquated - the school shootings just tip the scales even further towards really evaluating our entire "system" of education.

Education.

Taxes.

Healthcare.

These "systems" are relics of the industrial revolution and none of them work well anymore... and while school shootings are a (or the) major issue, it's just another bullet point in the list of issues that are pushing for a wholesale change in the way education is achieved.

Interesting. Great food for thought.

here it is, middle ground

ban AR's completely

no gun discussion for 200 years, nothing never ever

And next week youll change the butt plate or trigger spring by a tenth of a ###### hair, call it the BR instead, and nothing changes. Seen that show before.

And next week youll change the butt plate or trigger spring by a tenth of a ###### hair, call it the BR instead, and nothing changes. Seen that show before.

ok any gun that is longer than 24 inches cannot have a clip larger than 6, 10 clip max on all other guns, call it a day. But the problem is there is no middle ground

do I want to ban anything? No.

can I compromise and say I don't see the need for an 18 clip? Sure

problem is that this issue is nothing but political. Neither side wants a solution. The right doesn't want to give up guns, and the left won't stuff until everyone is disarmed

sign a 200 year pact, and stop the discussion. I think what I suggest is reasonable and common sense

fwiw I don't consider myself a gun guy, but I do consider myself a constitutionalist

Education.

Taxes.

Healthcare.

I dont disagree with the status of those systems. But they are mere symptoms of a larger breakdown. Community in the broad sense, and family in the smaller.

Americans are no longer part of communities. They are individual tiny clusters that care only about themselves and theyre immediate circle. It is amazing how isolated the average person really is.

Meanwhile in the various under classes, family has completely broken down.

But you think kids today are wackos? Try raising a generation on homeschool and internet education and see how Bat sh!t they end up.

I'm no gun nut, but why would anyone believe the left at this point when they say they want middle ground and the notion of a slippery slope is foolish? How quick did they shift gears after everyone accepted gay marriage, and gays as a whole in our society? Took about a minute before they were on to the bathroom nonsense. Same goes for immigration. They simply can't be trusted, and because of that they are also a roadblock to sensible gun control measures.

• Like 1

ok any gun that is longer than 24 inches cannot have a clip larger than 6, 10 clip max on all other guns, call it a day. But the problem is there is no middle ground

do I want to ban anything? No.

can I compromise and say I don't see the need for an 18 clip? Sure

problem is that this issue is nothing but political. Neither side wants a solution. The right doesn't want to give up guns, and the left won't stuff until everyone is disarmed

sign a 200 year pact, and stop the discussion. I think what I suggest is reasonable and common sense

fwiw I don't consider myself a gun guy, but I do consider myself a constitutionalist

Im for joining the rest of the civilized world, and most of the not so civilized one, and banning them pretty much completely. Want to hunt? Feel free to check out a rifle and purchase some ammo from the hunting office.

And yes, I realize that will never happen and would require a constitutional amendment.

The founding fathers were brilliant men. But they got a couple wrong. Guns was one, like slavery.

It sickens me, time after time with these shootings, to see people still defending owning high capacity rifles that have no other purpose than to spray bullets in a hurry.

I'm no gun nut, but why would anyone believe the left at this point when they say they want middle ground and the notion of a slippery slope is foolish? How quick did they shift gears after everyone accepted gay marriage, and gays as a whole in our society? Took about a minute before they were on to the bathroom nonsense. Same goes for immigration. They simply can't be trusted, and because of that they are also a roadblock to sensible gun control measures.

Neither can the right. Theyd have the law circumvented before it ever even took effect. Just like always.

Im for joining the rest of the civilized world, and most of the not so civilized one, and banning them pretty much completely. Want to hunt? Feel free to check out a rifle and purchase some ammo from the hunting office.

And yes, I realize that will never happen and would require a constitutional amendment.

The founding fathers were brilliant men. But they got a couple wrong. Guns was one, like slavery.

It sickens me, time after time with these shootings, to see people still defending owning high capacity rifles that have no other purpose than to spray bullets in a hurry.

I disagree, no other country has a bill of rights that specifically mentions the right to self-preservation

removing guns has not proven to do anything as far as violent crime rates and homicide rates. As far as the rest of the world, we aren't the rest of the world, we are the biggest melting pot, and the most successful country in centuries, but I think the melting pot has a lot to do with alot of differing ideas. The US leads to more disagreement than any other country in the world, most countries are uni-cultural, that don't even have civil rights

removing guns has not proven to do anything as far as violent crime rates and homicide rates. s

This is wrong . Check out CT and NY.

Has anybody ever seen a study on all of the school shooting kids and the percentage of them who are on the psychotropic and other type of psycho drugs? I swear, from talking to teacher friends of mine, something like 60% of their classes are on some kind of adderal or other type of drug. I'm just saying this might be something we look at?

Correlation, causation blah blah blah

It's been looked at: there is a black box warning for certain psychoactive drugs for kids. The same doesn't apply to adults, who've committed the majority of mass shootings.

Progressive bullsh!t. You fockers always claim the to have the morale and intellectual high ground looking down on all of us heathens.Go FOCK yourself.

In this era, the middle ground would be an effort to try for both alternative solutions and more restrictive gun laws. The large middle would support it. And the pro gun crowd avoids the debate in which losing means giving up your guns all together.

This guy gets it. And most pro-gun people support further restrictions, too. Just a few vocal nimrods perseverate on the "they're taking all our guns" rhetoric.

Case in point: https://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/abs/10.2105/AJPH.2018.304432

Objectives. To compare public support for 24 different gun policies between gun owners and non–gun owners in 2017.

Methods. We fielded a national public opinion survey in January 2017 using an online panel to measure US adults’ support for 24 gun policies. We compared support among gun owners and non–gun owners.

Results. For 23 of the 24 policies examined, most respondents supported restricting or regulating gun ownership. Only 8 of 24 policies had greater than a 10-point support gap between gun owners and non–gun owners.

Conclusions. Policies with high public support and minimal support gaps by gun ownership status included universal background checks, greater accountability for licensed gun dealers unable to account for their inventory, higher safety training standards for concealed carry permit holders, improved reporting of records related to mental illness for background checks, gun prohibitions for persons subject to temporary domestic violence restraining orders, and gun violence restraining orders.

Public Health Implications. Although there are important areas where Americans disagree on guns, large majorities of both gun owners and non–gun owners strongly support measures to strengthen US gun laws.

The caricatures on both sides of the gun control argument are absurd. When people start to realize this, we can stop letting the fringe elements dictate policy.

This guy gets it. And most pro-gun people support further restrictions, too. Just a few vocal nimrods perseverate on the "they're taking all our guns" rhetoric.

Case in point: https://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/abs/10.2105/AJPH.2018.304432

The caricatures on both sides of the gun control argument are absurd. When people start to realize this, we can stop letting the fringe elements dictate policy.

:lol: every time I see "MOST GUN OWNERS" :lol:

Cases like the following happen every day in this country but don't get the media attention of a school shooting:

http://wreg.com/2018/05/15/police-victim-shoots-suspect-during-attempted-robbery-in-orange-mound/

Guarantee you people using guns for self defense saves more lives than are lost in school shootings, by a long shot. We should do what we can to minimize/eliminate school shootings and what not, but this get rid of guns because of these shootings doesn't account for all the "good" cases where guns are used.

This is true, but school shootings are a tiny fraction of gun deaths. Overall, private gun ownership isn't saving more lives than it takes.

Progressive bullsh!t. You fockers always claim the to have the morale and intellectual high ground looking down on all of us heathens.Go FOCK yourself.

On many issues, the progressives are absolutely on the wrong side and loathsome. On others, they arent. This is one I think theyre right on.

I think you mean Moral high ground.

On many issues, the progressives are absolutely on the wrong side and loathsome. On others, they arent. This is one I think theyre right on.

You see how this hurts (destroys) any argument you (they) have right?

actually the opposite is true, because the people buying guns are also getting education on firearms at a record number

So you are arguing mass shootings are getting better with time? :blink:

So you are arguing mass shootings are getting better with time? :blink:

Well it's hard to argue with facts. I mean , before we are in the double-digits, the Vegas took it to a whole new level.

So tonight on CNN a California congresswoman, Speir (Jew) said that the democrats shouid fund the wall in exchange for DACA and then just tear down the wall in a few years. And the left wonders why the pro 2a people don't trust them. Or anyone for that matter

You see how this hurts (destroys) any argument you (they) have right?

No, I dont. Both sides are the same way. Both are right on some things, and wrong on others, and ultimately owned by the same master anyway.