Sign in to follow this  
Sho Nuff

Another school shooting. Houston

Dumb

Facts are dumb? They can be, I agree. Killing in the name of Jesus or Allah would make up like 99% (made this up, Im just guessing) of all kills. I may be undershooting that, it could be a lot more.

Because youre assuming that most people who get murdered deserve it for some reason and ignoring the good people who have to live in the crime ridden neighborhoods where gun violence happens.

I said I want to find out the number of innocent people murdered annually. Gang member kills another gang member, exclude that from the stats. Gang member kills an innocent kid in the ghetto during a driveby, include it in the stats.

I said I want to find out the number of innocent people murdered annually. Gang member kills another gang member, exclude that from the stats. Gang member kills an innocent kid in the ghetto during a driveby, include it in the stats.

Some guy here said half or more of people murdered with guns are gangbangers but he couldnt support that with any stats.

So what u r saying by your theory in you are in a group of 10 people and 2 have guns you would be safer in a group of 100 with 3 people having guns simple because there are 3 guns not 2?

Not really, I'm merely pointing out that statements you make like "So the percent of people owning guns is not going up just the same people own mote guns" are not necessarily accurate. We're also playing a correlation without causation game here, using statistics to support our stances. :cheers:

But religion isn't the problem even though you want it to be.

I'm trying to figure out if his post was a clever dig at the right for wanting to name Muslim terrorism, but not wanting to name other religion-caused deaths. Unlikely but possible. :dunno:

I'm trying to figure out if his post was a clever dig at the right for wanting to name Muslim terrorism, but not wanting to name other religion-caused deaths. Unlikely but possible. :dunno:

You never really know with me. Im not sure I know myself. :ninja:

Facts are dumb? They can be, I agree. Killing in the name of Jesus or Allah would make up like 99% (made this up, Im just guessing) of all kills. I may be undershooting that, it could be a lot more.

I dont remember the last time I heard of a killing in the name of Jesus

I explained that statement in subsequent posts. Basically, we have legal access to about half of that to which we used to have legal access. Let's put the idiotic missiles, poison gas and hand grenades "argument" to rest. It's just dumb and only shows how disingenuous and emotional the anti-gun side is when it comes to this debate.

It's clear that when the anti-gunners say "middle ground" they mean halfway from here to a ban. They never consider the fact that we didn't start here. We are here now through prior concessions and outright losses at the ballot box and in Congress. We are much closer to middle ground than we are to either extreme at this point.

A reasonable middle ground would be based on looking on which gun regulations work, while identifying factors which promote misuse of guns. But since gun research has been stifled by the NRA, it’s tough to know the answers to those questions. There is clear data than gun control works, however.

A reasonable middle ground would be based on looking on which gun regulations work, while identifying factors which promote misuse of guns. But since gun research has been stifled by the NRA, it’s tough to know the answers to those questions. There is clear data than gun control works, however.

Isn't it hard to figure out which regulations work when they're not enforced? Maybe we should start with enforcing the laws already on the books, don't you think?

Can't read the wapo article as it won't allow you to if you block ads, which I do. But I'm not gonna dispute it. Not too surprising considering the wussification of America. Doesn't change the fact that violent crime is way down. I mean, if the trends from your data continue this whole gun control argument will take care of itself.

You may want to look at the last couple years of gun homicides before you keep spewing this nonsense. You also may want to look at violent crime in areas which have enacted gun control during the same time period, in order to have a comparison group.

So somehow you draw the conclusion that even though a smaller percent of people own guns we can contribute the decrease in crime to a smaller percent owning 8 guns and not 4?

Interesting

The super tough multigun owners are keeping the rest of us safe.

You may want to look at the last couple years of gun homicides before you keep spewing this nonsense. You also may want to look at violent crime in areas which have enacted gun control during the same time period, in order to have a comparison group.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/11/7/16617488/air-force-sutherland-springs-texas-church-shooting

This seems pretty recent.

:dunno:

Where is the push back from a giant lobbying group over laws that were created and enacted about texting while driving?

They’ll have to take my phone from my cold, dead hands :mad:

I hear he's a devout Christian?

Not sure I've ever seen an atheist step up to the plate in times of crisis.

You think every charity group is religiously affiliated? :wacko:

Isn't it hard to figure out which regulations work when they're not enforced? Maybe we should start with enforcing the laws already on the books, don't you think?

Or determining why they haven’t been enforced. Maybe some of them aren’t enforceable? :dunno:

Most murder victims are bad guys themselves and religion has nothing to do with most,

Basically all, killings in the US. The exception being Muslims.

Or determining why they haven’t been enforced. Maybe some of them aren’t enforceable? :dunno:

Of course they are. They're selectively enforced. If they weren't enforceable there wouldn't be any prosecutions. But instead of amping up enforcement of existing laws, they want to discourage gun ownership through intimidation. I mean, if it were simply that the laws weren't enforceable they'd simply rewrite the current laws so that they were, right? We'd all understand that they're not enacting NEW regulations but clarifying the existing ones. But that's not what they're doing. Well, I think they should enforce existing laws before further restricting a constitutional right. That seems to me to be an extremely reasonable stance on this issue.

I hear he's a devout Christian?

Not sure I've ever seen an atheist step up to the plate in times of crisis.

Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and George Soros are the biggest philanthropists on the planet. All three are either atheist or agnostic.

What laws are not enforced?

FFS did you even read the thread????

:doh:

Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and George Soros are the biggest philanthropists on the planet. All three are either atheist or agnostic.

George Soros

:lol:

I think they should enforce existing laws before further restricting a constitutional right.

Exactly which law isn't being enforced?

What laws are not enforced?

Plenty of gun charges get dropped through plea bargaining for starters. Then you get places like California, who claim to want to "keep guns out of the wrong hands through sensible gun legislation". Then they pass things like Prop 47 that reduces the penalty for possession of a stolen gun from a felony to a misdemeanor. Yeah, you read that correctly. Possession of a stolen firearm in California is a cite and release misdemeanor offense. You don't even go to jail. You sign a promise to appear and they send you on your way after taking the gun from you. So the penalty for getting caught carrying a stolen handgun is the same as getting caught carrying your legally registered handgun without a concealed carry license.

Does that sound like common sense gun laws designed to keep guns out of the wrong hands? No. But these are the type of morons leading the charge for "sensible gun legislation".

Plenty of gun charges get dropped through plea bargaining for starters. Then you get places like California, who claim to want to "keep guns out of the wrong hands through sensible gun legislation". Then they pass things like Prop 47 that reduces the penalty for possession of a stolen gun from a felony to a misdemeanor. Yeah, you read that correctly. Possession of a stolen firearm in California is a cite and release misdemeanor offense. You don't even go to jail. You sign a promise to appear and they send you on your way after taking the gun from you.

Does that sound like common sense gun laws designed to keep guns out of the wrong hands? No. But these are the type of morons leading the charge for "sensible gun legislation".

None of that equates to "laws not being enforced". And none of those things if done differently would change the number of mass shootings in this country, nor reduce our gun homicide rates down to the level that every other first world country has.

Exactly which law isn't being enforced?

Lots of them. Police in places like Baltimore aren't even bothering anymore. Aggressive policing, necessary for taking guns off the street, has ended in many places.

None of that equates to "laws not being enforced". And none of those things if done differently would change the number of mass shootings in this country, nor reduce our gun homicide rates down to the level that every other first world country has.

Dropping charges through plea deals doesn't equate to nonenforcement? What?

Dropping charges doesn't equate to nonenforcement? What?

"Plenty of gun charges get dropped through plea bargaining..."

That's your evidence that "gun laws aren't being enforced"??? I haven't heard of that happening lately, but apparently you claim to. If the prosecution offered a plea deal in certain cases, they probably had a good reason.

But since you say that happened, now gun-right dolts can say "See!?! They aren't enforcing gun laws! If only they'd enforce gun laws we'd have statistics like every other country." :rolleyes:

Forget plea bargaining. You can remain ignorant if you want, or you can read the links people post to try to enlighten you. Sometimes arguing with you gun control nuts is like arguing with Torrid Muhammad,

"Plenty of gun charges get dropped through plea bargaining..."

That's your evidence that "gun laws aren't being enforced"??? I haven't heard of that happening lately, but apparently you claim to. If the prosecution offered a plea deal in certain cases, they probably had a good reason.

But since you say that happened, now gun-right dolts can say "See!?! They aren't enforcing gun laws! If only they'd enforce gun laws we'd have statistics like every other country." :rolleyes:

Simmer down Sally. The fact that you haven't heard of any plea bargaining taking place lately, as compelling as that may be, is not proof that existing gun laws are being enforced to the fullest extent, either. They aren't. Period. That's a fact. No need to take it personally.

Dumber

assuming you can do that, which I doubt, how are you going to get in my gun safe?

The same way people who break into safes everyday do.

Anyway, I guess you weren't getting my humor. I was poking fun at MDC, who wants to charge someone with murder if their gun gets stolen and used in a murder.

How about this. I have my guns in an enclosed locked display case. Yes, a locked glass display case. Am I off the hook with your proposal?