Sign in to follow this  
Sho Nuff

Another school shooting. Houston

So tonight on CNN a California congresswoman, Speir (Jew) said that the democrats shouid fund the wall in exchange for DACA and then just tear down the wall in a few years. And the left wonders why the pro 2a people don't trust them. Or anyone for that matter

HT (Christian), why is her religion relevant?

HT (Christian), why is her religion relevant?

Money

So you are arguing mass shootings are getting better with time? :blink:

no what I am saying is that the number of gun homicides are going down while gun ownership is going up. We are just fixated on school/mass shootings

bottom line

Florida should have never occurred, obviously failure on all levels allowed that kid to have guns

Houston shouldn't have happened if the father had his guns responsibly stored away like most people do

You think Jewish congresspeople are more wealthy than their gentile counterparts?

Probably. Not just congresspeople. Jewish people as a whole are the wealthiest group in America, maybe the world. Even Bernie Sanders is worth millions. Never worked a day in his life.

MASS shootings. Not just schools.

I think most of the mass shootings are done by churchgoers.

no what I am saying is that the number of gun homicides are going down while gun ownership is going up. We are just fixated on school/mass shootings

bottom line

Florida should have never occurred, obviously failure on all levels allowed that kid to have guns

Houston shouldn't have happened if the father had his guns responsibly stored away like most people do

After peaking in the 90's, gun homicides had been pretty stable for ~20 years. They've gone up the last couple though. Meanwhile, total gun deaths have been steadily increasing during the same period.

Also, I think school shootings distract us from our bigger problems with guns/violence.

Probably. Not just congresspeople. Jewish people as a whole are the wealthiest group in America, maybe the world. Even Bernie Sanders is worth millions. Never worked a day in his life.

I think you're incorrect. Asian Americans are more wealthy, specifically Indians. But I don't think you comment was motivated by celebrating the religion's financial status.

The only gun related deaths I care about are the innocent people. I have no idea what this number is annually.

I dont GAF about the gang bangers who die every day. In fact, we might be worse off if they were not killing each other. They would having more offspring, add more gangsters to the population, suck more off the government t1t, and, ultimately, add to the overall drug/crime rates.

We've posted them numerous times in these threads. Violent crime is down but gun ownership is at record levels. It was less safe in this country in the 70's than it is now.

This is not true percent of gun owning households are at all time lows.. concentration of guns is atvall time highs

This is not true percent of gun owning households are at all time lows.. concentration of guns is atvall time highs

I'm not going to get in to semantics, although I'd love to see your source on this. Point is, we have more guns in this country than ever yet violent crime is lower than it was 40 years ago. By a long way.

https://www.brennancenter.org/blog/americas-faulty-perception-crime-rates

The reality is the likelihood of you having a violent crime attack involving a gun are almost nonexistent. But incidents like this one make people think we have a major problem with guns. I'll concede that we have a problem with school shootings and we should try to do something about that. But I don't think we need to go overboard and ban guns considering we're actually much safer than we were before the notion of banning guns would have been considered a joke.

how would you steal a gun from me? I am just curious?

Knock you the fvck out with my fist and steal it. Anything else?

The US has more guns per capita than any country on the planet. How is that middle ground?

I explained that statement in subsequent posts. Basically, we have legal access to about half of that to which we used to have legal access. Let's put the idiotic missiles, poison gas and hand grenades "argument" to rest. It's just dumb and only shows how disingenuous and emotional the anti-gun side is when it comes to this debate.

It's clear that when the anti-gunners say "middle ground" they mean halfway from here to a ban. They never consider the fact that we didn't start here. We are here now through prior concessions and outright losses at the ballot box and in Congress. We are much closer to middle ground than we are to either extreme at this point.

I'm no gun nut, but why would anyone believe the left at this point when they say they want middle ground and the notion of a slippery slope is foolish? How quick did they shift gears after everyone accepted gay marriage, and gays as a whole in our society? Took about a minute before they were on to the bathroom nonsense. Same goes for immigration. They simply can't be trusted, and because of that they are also a roadblock to sensible gun control measures.

Not that the right is any better when it comes to trustworthiness but this post is spot on.

I'm not going to get in to semantics, although I'd love to see your source on this. Point is, we have more guns in this country than ever yet violent crime is lower than it was 40 years ago. By a long way.

https://www.brennancenter.org/blog/americas-faulty-perception-crime-rates

The reality is the likelihood of you having a violent crime attack involving a gun are almost nonexistent. But incidents like this one make people think we have a major problem with guns. I'll concede that we have a problem with school shootings and we should try to do something about that. But I don't think we need to go overboard and ban guns considering we're actually much safer than we were before the notion of banning guns would have been considered a joke.

Can look at the data in the linked report if you choose to not find the chart credible

https://www.axios.com/the-percentage-of-us-households-with-guns-is-falling-1513305943-490b2051-3056-4020-ac55-0d091641d80f.html

So the percent of people owning guns is not going up just the same people own mote guns

Can look at the data in the linked report if you choose to not find the chart credible

https://www.axios.com/the-percentage-of-us-households-with-guns-is-falling-1513305943-490b2051-3056-4020-ac55-0d091641d80f.html

Can't read the wapo article as it won't allow you to if you block ads, which I do. But I'm not gonna dispute it. Not too surprising considering the wussification of America. Doesn't change the fact that violent crime is way down. I mean, if the trends from your data continue this whole gun control argument will take care of itself.

Can't read the wapo article as it won't allow you to if you block ads, which I do. But I'm not gonna dispute it. Not too surprising considering the wussification of America. Doesn't change the fact that violent crime is way down. I mean, if the trends from your data continue this whole gun control argument will take care of itself.

Not the Washington Post article. The report is cited at the bottom

ORC at the University of Chicago;

http://www.norc.org/PDFs/GSS%20Reports/GSS_Trends%20in%20Gun%20Ownership_US_1972-2014.pdf

So somehow you draw the conclusion that even though a smaller percent of people own guns we can contribute the decrease in crime to a smaller percent owning 8 guns and not 4?

Interesting

Open it in incognito and you get past the pay wall.

So the percent of people owning guns is not going up just the same people own mote guns

Mathematically there could be more households with guns, but it is growing slower than the growth in number of households, if that makes sense.

Regardless, interesting data. Perhaps it correlates to increasing concentration of people in larger cities; I presume gun percentage ownership is larger in rural areas. Also it seems to be reaching an asymptote around 30%, I wonder why. :dunno:

Mathematically there could be more households with guns, but it is growing slower than the growth in number of households, if that makes sense.

Thanks Jerry, I understand what percent means lol

So somehow you draw the conclusion that even though a smaller percent of people own guns we can contribute the decrease in crime to a smaller percent owning 8 guns and not 4?

Interesting

1) Violent crime doesn't just refer to gun violence.

2) Bottom line is we're safer than we've been since probably the 50's. Yet because of these anecdotal incidents we are up in arms, no pun intended, that we need to ban guns or heavily regulate them more than we already do. This despite the fact that most proposed regulations wouldn't have prevented most of these incidents and we find abject failure on the part of the schools and/or law enforcement in preventing them quite often.

A smart person analyzes the data without the emotional component and forms his conclusions using that data. The data suggests that any "problems" we have with guns are less then they were before people started clamoring for more gun control. This suggests that the outrage is disingenuous. If it were genuine, people like Hitlery would have been calling for gun control in the 70's when violent crime rates were much higher than they are now. Can you provide a link to some of these people calling for gun control in the 70's?

Thanks Jerry, I understand what percent means lol

Then you realize that there could be more households with guns than ever before, and on average each has more guns than ever before, thus Strike's statement that gun ownership is at an all-time high would be correct from multiple perspectives. :dunno:

The only gun related deaths I care about are the innocent people. I have no idea what this number is annually.

I dont GAF about the gang bangers who die every day. In fact, we might be worse off if they were not killing each other. They would having more offspring, add more gangsters to the population, suck more off the government t1t, and, ultimately, add to the overall drug/crime rates.

I hate this attitude.

We are just fixated on school/mass shootings

Well....young people tend to worry about their own well being.....and parents are strangely obsessed with the well being of their children.....so Id bet against this fixation dissipating anytime soon.

Well....young people tend to worry about their own well being.....and parents are strangely obsessed with the well being of their children.....so Id bet against this fixation dissipating anytime soon.

nothing to do with the well being of their children, its a media circus. Where is the outrage over text/driving?

nothing to do with the well being of their children, its a media circus. Where is the outrage over text/driving?

Where is the push back from a giant lobbying group over laws that were created and enacted about texting while driving?

Then you realize that there could be more households with guns than ever before, and on average each has more guns than ever before, thus Strike's statement that gun ownership is at an all-time high would be correct from multiple perspectives. :dunno:

So what u r saying by your theory in you are in a group of 10 people and 2 have guns you would be safer in a group of 100 with 3 people having guns simple because there are 3 guns not 2?

I think most of the mass shootings are done by churchgoers.

Most killing period is done by religious people. Dating back to when religion was invented. Its the biggest blight on society ever, across the whole globe. Religion is one of the main reasons world peace is an impossible concept, among others.

Why?

Because youre assuming that most people who get murdered deserve it for some reason and ignoring the good people who have to live in the crime ridden neighborhoods where gun violence happens.

Most killing period is done by religious people. Dating back to when religion was invented. Its the biggest blight on society ever, across the whole globe. Religion is one of the main reasons world peace is an impossible concept, among others.

Why did we bring religion into this? Was it just to take a shot at it?

I was just responding to their religion tangent. But yes Im known for taking shots at religion also so I wont play dumb and say I wasnt.

Side note, JJ Watt is paying for ALL the victims funerals. What an amazing guy.

I was just responding to their religion tangent. But yes Im known for taking shots at religion also so I wont play dumb and say I wasnt.

Side note, JJ Watt is paying for ALL the victims funerals. What an amazing guy.

I hear he's a devout Christian?

Not sure I've ever seen an atheist step up to the plate in times of crisis.

Dumb

How can we address the problem if we cant name it? :dunno: