Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Antonio Brown

I'm going to need a bit more back story.

He's been all over the news for the last week. There are about a half zillion stories about him on the internet right now.

Allegedly:

Fighting with teammate

Skipping a meeting

Faking an injury

Teammates calling him out

Coach benched him for last game even though they needed to win to get into the playoffs

Whaat? For years he was such a good player. I don't recall reading bad things about him. Is he starting to play poorly as well?

And that is a great point you make about WRs not being able to carry a team. Julio Jones plays really well but still the Falcons lose week after week. :(

you should go watch the view and stop pretending to care about sports

• Like 1

you should go watch the view and stop pretending to care about sports

How dare you!!!!! :mad: :thumbsdown: :nono:

He will be ok, the season is over and they aren’t in the playoffs. He just had his most tds in a season. He has all the money he can spend and months of free time, that will make any guy happy.

He just had his most tds in a season.

Ah, now I understand why he called him an Uncle Tom.

He's been all over the news for the last week. There are about a half zillion stories about him on the internet right now.

Allegedly:

Fighting with teammate

Skipping a meeting

Faking an injury

Teammates calling him out

Coach benched him for last game even though they needed to win to get into the playoffs

Adding:Leaving the week 17 game at halftime

Stupid comment about the uncle tom. However, Pitt is a mess. They've pissed off their two best players not named Ben. They'd be in the playoffs had they not done that. Now they're probably gonna have to trade AB and Bell ain't coming back either. Ben is getting up there in age so who knows how long he will be around. It's an undisciplined locker room with no accountability. Tomlin needs to go but they won't fire him. I predict a run of mediocrity for the Steelers, much like the Pats in the not too distant future.

• Like 1

I guess you don't know what an Uncle Tom is (or at least what it is supposed to be).

you came to the realization he's a racist ass hole ?

Good for you, thats a big step.

I predict a run of mediocrity for the Steelers, much like the Pats in the not too distant future.

this not too distant future has been going on for what, 6 years now ?

It seems as thought the Steelers had a big issue in the locker room this past season.

I think back to when Bell decided not to show and rather than rally behind him the team was essentially divvying up his stuff and saying "bye felicia", Brown does not seem to have much in the way of team support either....

Antonio Brown has had a stellar career, leading the NFL league in both yards and touchdowns, even this very year. So he gets in a argument with a teammate and misses a meeting...he should be traded and reduce his contract??? That's rather harsh for a player who is one of the best in the league.

Antonio Brown has had a stellar career, leading the NFL league in both yards and touchdowns, even this very year. So he gets in a argument with a teammate and misses a meeting...he should be traded and reduce his contract??? That's rather harsh for a player who is one of the best in the league.

He's been a pain in the a$$ for a long time. This isn't the first time. And he did more than get in an argument and miss a meeting. I don't see how he is in Pitt next year.

He’s been the best wr in the league and FF for years on end and perfectly well behaved outside of a few tantrums.

His teammates voted JuJu Smith-Schuster the team MVP so AB feels disrespected and as a result is butt hurt. It also looked like AB lost a 1/2 step this year. He was 1st in TDs, 9th in receiving yards and 7th in receptions.

I think you were right in sitting this one out. He is a me first guy in a team first sport. You should look up more about his antics.

He is upset because he may not be the best receiver on his team.

I think you were right in sitting this one out. He is a me first guy in a team first sport. You should look up more about his antics.

He is upset because he may not be the best receiver on his team.

Yep

JuJu continues to impress and Brown isnt getting all the glory anymore.

Typical diva meltdown.

Eta: I didnt realize JuJu had more receptions and rec yds. Good for him.

Bell and Brown will be Jets next year.

:cry:

On 1/4/2019 at 4:32 PM, peenie said:

How are you feeling about this now?  

• Haha 2

Report: Antonio Brown confronted Mike Mayock in middle of practice, called him 'cracker'

The nfl should step in and suspend him. We all know if some white guy yelled the N word at their GM the nfl would suspend him 3 games. This is no different. Can a GM be called a spic?  How about a whop?

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

Report: Antonio Brown confronted Mike Mayock in middle of practice, called him 'cracker'

The nfl should step in and suspend him. We all know if some white guy yelled the N word at their GM the nfl would suspend him 3 games. This is no different. Can a GM be called a spic?  How about a whop?

Nagger and crackah are the same now :lol:

HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All those poor white people that were forced into working for nothing and being called crackah 🏆

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

All those poor white people that were forced into working for nothing and being called crackah 🏆

Maybe they are the same. Who knows?  White people don't get too insulted by names. :dunno:

16 minutes ago, edjr said:

It was used as a racial epitaph.  So some epitaphs are gonna be ok. Others not? Can we get a list? Lets even back off a little and not drop the nuclear N word. 

Lets say a white player called his GM a darkey..at practice so everyone could hear it. 

If he called him a f@g ya think he would be suspended? 

You guys are seriously reaching.

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

You guys are seriously reaching around.

:wub:

12 minutes ago, edjr said:

You guys are seriously reaching.

How so?  

Cracker, sometimes white cracker or cracka, is a term for white people, used especially for poor rural whites in the Southern United States. It has been taken as an offensive and derogatory term to people of Caucasian or European descent and is largely considered a slur in modern usage.

It was a slur 30 years ago when I was in school in Georgia. Its a slur now. 

so again. Which racial slurs are ok? 

Just now, kilroy69 said:

How so?  

Cracker, sometimes white cracker or cracka, is a term for white people, used especially for poor rural whites in the Southern United States. It has been taken as an offensive and derogatory term to people of Caucasian or European descent and is largely considered a slur in modern usage.

so again. Which racial slurs are ok? 

why are you saying the cracker and don't mind do suching knowing there are no repercussions for doing such. now try the other word

15 minutes ago, edjr said:

why are you saying the cracker and don't mind do suching knowing there are no repercussions for doing such. now try the other word

Cracker has other legit uses and a censor will not block it. While the N word does not. 

Maybe brown was just asking if anyone had crackers.....in the middle of an argument. Hell maybe his pet teacup dog is named cracker.  Ooo. Ooooo. Maybe he was just calling him a crackerjack and said the jack part really soft 

Lets not sugar coat it here. He used a racial slur just the way he intended to do but it doesn't matter because it was directed towards a straight white man.  

Antonio Brown is right. These new helmets are cutting off the blood circulation to his brain.

• Haha 1

ESPN's Adam Schefter has reported that by fining Antonio Brown $215,073.53 Friday night for conduct detrimental to the team, the Raiders voided the $29.1 million worth of guaranteed money in his deal.

Schefter added in a followup tweet that, "The Raiders sent Brown a letter that he no longer will be entitled to termination pay if they release him." Brown requested his release from the Raiders on Instagram Saturday morning. The chances of AB ever suiting up in silver and black seem as dim as ever at this point. Tyrell Williams would be the biggest beneficiary of Brown's outright release, although his status as a downfield field-stretcher doesn't exactly mesh with Derek Carr's skill set.

Sep 7, 2019, 9:25 AM ET

ESPN's Jeff Darlington reported that Antonio Brown isn't expected to suit up for the Raiders' Monday night matchup against the Broncos.

Darlington noted that he received an email from AB. The receiver mentioned the Raiders "took away my guarantees" and added there's "no way I play after they took that and made my contract week to week." AB's own declaration of requesting a release, the Raiders decision to fine Brown and take away his guaranteed money, along with Darlington's own report all obviously indicate that it'd be shocking if Brown suits up Monday night against the Broncos.

Sep 7, 2019, 9:42 AM ET
  •