JustinCharge

Fears of a second civil war grow among democrat & republican pundits

On 9/8/2021 at 7:59 AM, RLLD said:

As society continues to encourage the "woke" banning of people, and states follow suit, it is not a stretch to imagine some kind of grass-roots "conflict" in isolated areas. Hard to see it grow too large.

🕵️‍♂️

The Quartering looked at actress Sarah Silverman calling for the nation to split into 2 nations.  There seems to be some disagreement on Tim Pool.  Some say he wants civil war.  Others say he does not.  Sounds a lot like what I deal with lol.  Also, lots of interesting chatter in the comments section of the video.  Also 6 pages of discussion on an LSU tiger forum?  https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/politics/sarah-silverman-calls-for-a-national-divorce/98375893/

https://nationalfile.com/why-dont-we-break-up-comedian-sarah-silverman-says-america-should-divide-up-into-like-two-or-three-countries/

In an excerpt of the podcast posted to Twitter, Silverman said, “I mean, this may be a negative thought, or a positive one I don’t know, but if people aren’t getting along, like in a relationship, they break up. You know? So why don’t we just, finally just realize that this, these states aren’t working, and like divide up into like two or three countries?”  She added, “Like USA 1 and USA 2? And they can be USA 1, like the conservatives can be USA 1 because they love being number one and it means something to them, and I’d love to have that be theirs, they can be USA 1, we’ll be USA 2, and we’ll be allies.”

Noting that vaccine requirements would likely be a defining issue between the two countries, with hypothetical USA 2 requiring a seemingly endless series of COVID-19 booster shots, she then added, “And you’ll come over here, and we’ll go over there, and you know when you come to certain, many times when you to a different country you have to get a vaccine. That’s that.”

Author Ryan Girdusky noted, “Pat Buchanan was fired for writing ‘Will America Survive Till 2025’ just a few years ago… now breaking up the US is being openly floated and will probably become an increasingly common opinion in the future.”

Girdusky refers to paleoconservative icon and former presidential candidate Pat Buchanan’s 2011 book, “Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive to 2025?” The book, released in 2011, apparently led to Buchanan being fired as a paid commentator for MSNBC, before the cable network veered extremely far to the left, as Brian Stelter, now a show host for CNN but then a writer for the New York Times noted in 2012 with an article titled “With Book, Buchanan Set His Fate”.

This will be the same thing as everything else.  When republicans talk about civil war (wether they want it or not) they will be branded as loons.  Once democrats talk about it, it will be considered rational discussion.  You can hard quote this post to the skies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tim Hack would be trying to tell you there’s no war going on while you’re actively fighting in it :lol: 

21 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Tim Hack would be trying to tell you there’s no war going on while you’re actively fighting in it :lol: 

Digby would tell you that North Carolina was part of the Union during the first civil war

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I see I have a stalker :lol: pathetic it’s Mr Hack himself. We all know he’s pathetic already 

Says the guy bringing me up in a thread I didn’t even post in (the J6 one)

The Atlantic, a major liberal MSM publication, has come out with a big new article that basically agrees with the premise presented in this thread, that the US is on course for a civil war or something similar to that.  (I don't know how you can be "similar" to a civil war and not be a civil war but that's the sort of crazy mental gymnastics the left performs lol).  

https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2021/08/will-us-pass-point-no-return/619739/

And there is indeed an event looming—probably before the end of this year— that poses almost precisely the same situation as what provoked Caesar’s crossing of the Rubicon: the possible indictment of former president Donald J. Trump.

Now the month prophesied in Trumpian circles for his restoration to the White House has arrived—and with it, the intelligence services are reporting increased online traffic on the subject, including calls for violence, not unlike the uptick in advance of January 6th. It is no coincidence that insurrectionists that day carried banners urging Trump to “Cross the Rubicon” and declaring “The Die Is Cast”— Caesar’s words upon alighting on the Italian side of the river—or that they will be with him to storm the forces of the Republic and ignite a civil war over Trump’s potential indictment: Avoiding criminal prosecution is precisely why Caesar crossed the Rubicon with his army and ignited a civil war 21 centuries ago.

Will the Trumpist party similarly ultimately prevail once they cross the Rubicon? I have been predicting for years that something resembling a civil war will arise and something like Trumpists likely will carry the day in the short-term. But a reactionary philosophy that rejects fact in favor of fantasy, is economically retrograde and socially repugnant to the majority of Americans, can impose its rule for only so long.

• Haha 1