San Francisco: People are pooping more than ever on the streets...

On 11/12/2023 at 2:06 PM, thegeneral said:

When cities just move homeless people somewhere else that is a win? 🤔

The news source didn't go into detail on what the city did. If you can shed light on the situation, I'll be better able to form an opinion on what they did. Despite having little respect for the government of the city of San Francisco, usually they make me cringe, I'm sensing there's a good chance for them to win some accolades from me today over this.

30 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

The news source didn't go into detail on what the city did. If you can shed light on the situation, I'll be better able to form an opinion on what they did. Despite having little respect for the government of the city of San Francisco, usually they make me cringe, I'm sensing there's a good chance for them to win some accolades from me today over this.

Tim was there and didn't see anything so it doesn't exist.  HTH.

On 11/12/2023 at 11:15 AM, The Real timschochet said:

Hey I object when they’re bad. But I didn’t see it when I was there. 

On the other hand I was in downtown USC last night, on my way to the Queen concert. Right by USC. Homeless set up everywhere. Streets filled with trash. That was disgusting. Karen Bass needs to do something, I don’t know what. 

Keep voting for her 

4 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Tim was there and didn't see anything so it doesn't exist.  HTH.

Tim was there and lied about not seeing anything is the more plausible explanation. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Let’s just say it’s accurate and the streets they cleaned were garbage a couple days before. 

All they did was move the people somewhere else so it doesn’t really do anything.

With that being said I don’t understand why any city allows people to set up tents in parks or on streets. This shouldn’t be allowed. If you keep moving people I suppose that doesn’t really solve the problem either but it would keep people from creating these unsanitary camps at the very least. 

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Keep voting for her 

I don’t live there. But I was a huge fan of her opponent, Rick Caruso. In my industry (commercial real estate) there’s nobody better. I really wanted him to win that election. 

24 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t live there. But I was a huge fan of her opponent, Rick Caruso. In my industry (commercial real estate) there’s nobody better. I really wanted him to win that election. 

Yah he at least seemed like an old school democrat not one of these communist ones hell bent on destroying the city even more 

On 11/11/2023 at 12:29 PM, The Real timschochet said:

I was just there about 3 weeks ago. I saw no homeless people and the streets were clean.

Unless the recent cleanup for the Chinaman started “about 3 weeks ago” you are 100% full of crap.  You’d have to be  deaf, dumb and blind aka Helen Keller. 

It all makes sense now of your fake stories. Every thread you have a “guy” you know……

Stop making things up, it’s embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Unless the recent cleanup for the Chinaman started “about 3 weeks ago” you are 100% full of crap.  You’d have to be  deaf, dumb and blind aka Helen Keller. 

It all makes sense now of your fake stories. Every thread you have a “guy” you know……

Stop making up things, it’s embarrassing.

He's part of the same crew that when BLM and antifa was burning down cities, they opened up their curtains on their front window and didn't see anything and proclaimed that nothing was happening and everyone was making stuff up.

And just to let you know, there were actually two posters on the other forum that actually said that. One guy said he walked around the block and didn't see anything and proclaimed everything was fake and the other guy said that he opened up his curtain windows and didn't see anything. That literally happened.

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

💥

On 11/11/2023 at 9:29 AM, The Real timschochet said:

I was just there about 3 weeks ago. I saw no homeless people and the streets were clean.

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/the-“woke”-thread.793592/post-23251403

supermike80: Another Ted talk from Tim. Count down till 4 months from now when we get the thread titled "I was wrong about cancel culture"

timschochet: "1. I have no idea who Ted is or what that means. 2. Not a fact based issue. I can’t be wrong about this because I’m not right about it; I’m expressing a point of view. I might change that point of view at some point, anything’s possible."

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/the-“woke”-thread.793592/post-23251462

IvanKaramazov: "Hold on a second.  Tim was just joking about not knowing what a TED talk is, right?  Like in a "Who is the Weeknd and why does he spell his name wrong?" shtick sense, right?"

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/the-“woke”-thread.793592/post-23251468

timschochet: "1. No. 2. I asked that exact question during Super Bowl halftime. My daughters had to inform me."

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/the-“woke”-thread.793592/post-23251483

IvanKaramazov: "I'm not sure that person unfamiliar with the concept of TED talk is the right person to be confidently opining on the intellectual climate of our age.

rockaction: "This is exactly what struck me about this whole thing. "Who's Ted? And why is he talking? I know 'woke'. Don't tell me I'm not!"

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/the-“woke”-thread.793592/post-23251501

timschochet: "I appreciate those here who respond to my actual posts, no matter how much you might disagree with me, rather than attempt to put words in my mouth."

On 11/11/2023 at 9:29 AM, The Real timschochet said:

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I can confirm that Tim told us this at the time.

What happens now that the people who live in San Francisco have seen what it's like when the city is clean? I worry the voters there may start to expect their city government to maintain sanitary conditions.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

What happens now that the people who live in San Francisco have seen what it's like when the city is clean? I worry the voters there may start to expect their city government to maintain sanitary conditions.

GTFO with this crazy MAGA talk!!!  Voters in blue cities love the consequences of how they vote.  How dare you suggest otherwise. :nono:

13 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I haven’t been to SF for a couple years but the sketchy areas then were confined to smaller sections of “the city”. For example you could stay in Union Square and see a couple people out of their minds. Walk to Hayes Valley and be in a very nice, trendy area where there was no sketch element. If you took certain routes on the way there you would walk through what looked like Mad Max.

Not sure what areas were “cleaned up” but the sketch areas I described could have been cleaned for this visit. You could go to areas in the city and not see any sketchy folks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

I haven’t been to SF for a couple years but the sketchy areas then were confined to smaller sections of “the city”. For example you could stay in Union Square and see a couple people out of their minds. Walk to Hayes Valley and be in a very nice, trendy area where there was no sketch element. If you took certain routes on the way there you would walk through what looked like Mad Max.

Not sure what areas were “cleaned up” but the sketch areas I described could have been cleaned for this visit. You could go to areas in the city and not see any sketchy folks. 

I sense this is true. As I wrote earlier I didn’t see any of it. Some people around here want to call me a liar, that’s on them. They have a vision of San Francisco that they are getting from conservative media that has very little bearing to reality- which is the problem with conservative media in general. It creates an Earth-2, as Nicolle Wallace puts it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I sense this is true. As I wrote earlier I didn’t see any of it. Some people around here want to call me a liar, that’s on them. They have a vision of San Francisco that they are getting from conservative media that has very little bearing to reality- which is the problem with conservative media in general. It creates an Earth-2, as Nicolle Wallace puts it. 

No.  I was there a year ago. Right where they just cleaned sh*t up.  I was there for a conference at the Moscone center.  That area was a sh*thole when I was there and by all accounts SF has only gotten worse since then.

11 minutes ago, Strike said:

No.  I was there a year ago. Right where they just cleaned sh*t up.  I was there for a conference at the Moscone center.  That area was a sh*thole when I was there and by all accounts SF has only gotten worse since then.

Moscone area was a part I’d say was not great. Tourists aren’t necessarily going to that area though.

Not sure why they wouldn’t have prioritized cleaning it up before since that was the big convention center spot for SF.

14 minutes ago, Strike said:

Well I wasn’t at the Moscone center. As I wrote I was at Union Square, North Beach, Chinatown, Pier 39. All the tourist stuff. So there’s no reason that what you saw and what I saw can’t both be true. 

1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Well I wasn’t at the Moscone center. As I wrote I was at Union Square, North Beach, Chinatown, Pier 39. All the tourist stuff. So there’s no reason that what you saw and what I saw can’t both be true. 

I am surprised that you were in those areas and didn't see the homeless issue, regardless of it being a touristy area. Many of the larger stores have pulled out of Union Square due to activity of homeless, crime, drugs, etc. Chinatown is frightening, has been for a while, and Pier 39 is just meh at this point. Tourism doesn't necessarily mean people keep things cleaner. 

I dunno. I don't think you're being entirely truthful about what you've seen in those areas, given my experiences there as well. But whatever. We see what we want to see. 

30 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

I am surprised that you were in those areas and didn't see the homeless issue, regardless of it being a touristy area. Many of the larger stores have pulled out of Union Square due to activity of homeless, crime, drugs, etc. Chinatown is frightening, has been for a while, and Pier 39 is just meh at this point. Tourism doesn't necessarily mean people keep things cleaner. 

I dunno. I don't think you're being entirely truthful about what you've seen in those areas, given my experiences there as well. But whatever. We see what we want to see. 

There was a lot of vacancy. That I noticed but I always notice that. 
I don’t know what to tell you. I’m being honest. Berkeley is littered with homeless last I checked. But not the places in San Francisco I was at. 

The biggest problem facing San Francisco, IMO, is not the homeless or the crime or illegal immigrants or the liberal policies that everybody complains about- it’s office space. There are millions of square feet of beautiful high rent office space in the downtown area. It’s empty. It’s going to stay empty. During Covid people realized they could work at home. They’re not coming back. 

All of the other problems are solvable one way or another. This one though…I don’t know. It’s bad and going to get worse. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

The biggest problem facing San Francisco, IMO, is not the homeless or the crime or illegal immigrants or the liberal policies that everybody complains about- it’s office space. There are millions of square feet of beautiful high rent office space in the downtown area. It’s empty. It’s going to stay empty. During Covid people realized they could work at home. They’re not coming back. 

That’s a problem everywhere but SF is a shitehole and it’s a shame. Beautiful part of the country. People like you can’t excuse it . Demand accountability, demand change 

55 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t know what to tell you. I’m being honest. Berkeley is littered with homeless last I checked. But not the places in San Francisco I was at. 

All of the other problems are solvable one way or another. This one though…I don’t know. It’s bad and going to get worse. 

you got it backwards when you say " is not the homeless or the crime or illegal immigrants or the liberal policies".    It is exactly that.  wake up.

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Me, I would not commute an hour and a half, each way, across a bridge to pay more for parking than someone in Omaha pays for a 3 bedroom luxury apartment only to walk through crowds of homeless and illegals doing drugs and defecating on the street to work in an office knowing there is a substantial chance that when I return to my car it has been broken into and was the site of a soup kitchen.

Soup Kitchen in the Prius | The Other Guys (Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg) (HD Scene) - YouTube

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Me, I would not commute an hour and a half, each way, across a bridge to pay more for parking than someone in Omaha pays for a 3 bedroom luxury apartment only to walk through crowds of homeless and illegals doing drugs and defecating on the street to work in an office knowing there is a substantial chance that when I return to my car it has been broken into and was the site of a soup kitchen.

Soup Kitchen in the Prius | The Other Guys (Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg) (HD Scene) - YouTube

Dirty Mike and the Boys!

• Like 1

Callin' out around the world
Are you ready for a brand new beat
Summer's here and the time is right
For pooping in the street

They're pooping in Chicago (pooping in the street)
Down in New Orleans (pooping in the street)
In New York City (pooping in the street)
All we need is music, sweet music
There'll be music everywhere

There'll be swingin' and swayin' and records playing
Pooping in the street

Oh it doesn't matter what you wear
Just as long as you are there
So come on ev'ry guy grab a girl
Everywhere around the world

There'll be pooping (pooping in the street)
They're pooping in the street
Pooping in the street

It's just an invitation across the nation
A chance for folks to meet
There'll be laughing, singing and music swinging
Pooping in the street

Philadelphia, PA (pooping in the street)
Baltimore and D.C. now (pooping in the street)
Can't forget the Motor City (pooping in the street)

There'll be swingin', swayin' and records playing
And pooping in the street

Oh, it doesn't matter what you wear
So come on, every guy grab a girl

They're pooping
They're pooping in the street (pooping in the street)
Way down in L.A., every day, they're pooping in the street
Let's get our big strong long, get on time (they're pooping in the street)
Across the ocean blue, me and you (we're pooping in the street)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Callin' out around the world
Are you ready for a brand new beat
Summer's here and the time is right
For pooping in the street

They're pooping in Chicago (pooping in the street)
Down in New Orleans (pooping in the street)
In New York City (pooping in the street)

There'll be swingin' and swayin' and records playing
Pooping in the street

Oh it doesn't matter what you wear
So come on ev'ry guy grab a girl

There'll be pooping (pooping in the street)
They're pooping in the street
Pooping in the street

It's just an invitation across the nation
A chance for folks to meet
There'll be laughing, singing and music swinging
Pooping in the street

Philadelphia, PA (pooping in the street)
Baltimore and D.C. now (pooping in the street)
Can't forget the Motor City (pooping in the street)

There'll be swingin', swayin' and records playing
And pooping in the street

Oh, it doesn't matter what you wear
So come on, every guy grab a girl

They're pooping
They're pooping in the street (pooping in the street)
Way down in L.A., every day, they're pooping in the street
Let's get our big strong long, get on time (they're pooping in the street)
Across the ocean blue, me and you (we're pooping in the street)

Shittin' in the morning sun
I'll be shittin' when the evening comes
Watching the turds roll in
Then I watch 'em roll away again, yeah

I'm shittin' on the dock of the bay
Watchin' the tide roll those logs away, ooh
I'm just shittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

I left my home in Georgia
Headed for the Frisco Bay
'Cause I've had nothing to live for
And look like nothing's gonna come my way

So, I'm just gon' unload on the dock of the bay
Watchin' the tide roll those logs away, ooh
I'm shittin' on the dock of a bay
Wastin' time

Looks like nothing's gonna change
Everything still remains the same
I can't poo where timshochet tells me to
So I guess I'll remain the same, listen

Shittin' here resting my bones
And this loneliness won't leave me alone
2,000 miles I foamed
Just to make this dock my home, now

I'm just gon' at the dock of a bay
Watchin' the tide roll those turds away, ooh
Shittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If you're going in San Franshitsco
Be sure to bring some wet wipes with you there
If you're going to San Franshitsco
You're gonna see some fecal matter there

For those who come to San Francisco
Summertime will be quite pungent there
In the streets of San Francisco
Steams of soft serve are sprayed out everywhere

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

A Czech News crew covering the Summit in SF was robbed at gunpoint today. 

Welcome to San Francisco!

If you want to get any of your stuff back, check with the local roadside vendors down the street to re-purchase them. Alternatively, if you see somebody that has something you like valued under $950, feel free to help yourself to it.

Enjoy your stay.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/undocumented-immigrant-thread.773257/post-21906364

timschochet: "First, you’re absolutely right that California should solve its own homeless issue. We do have an extremely wealthy economy and we shouldn’t rely on anyone else. Point taken. Second from what I’ve seen homelessness, which is never good anywhere, is worst of all in San Francisco and Berkeley. In the city of Berkeley they have their own newspaper, and unofficial political representatives. There are, quite literally, homeless on every major street and corner of Berkeley. They’re everywhere, and they’re the main reason neither of my daughters decided to apply at Cal, even though they both loved the campus. 

But what to do about it? Both San Francisco and Berkeley have attempted tons of programs, spent lots of money. The result has been more homeless, not less, as the programs attract them. Now Rudy Giuliani infamously had an opposite approach: as mayor, he had the police intimidate, scare, and chase homeless away and made them feel unwelcome. Their civil rights were violated, but the result is that ever since Time Square in NYC is a nice safe place to take your family, and Union Square in San Francisco is not. I acknowledge that fact. But morally I can’t go along with what Rudy did and I’m glad that California isn’t doing it. "

3 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

A Czech News crew covering the Summit in SF was robbed at gunpoint today. 

Pffft.  Real Tim was there three weeks ago and he didn’t see any Czech news crews getting robbed.  Right wing talking point. Bigot. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

Got their privilege checked.

Ah... privilege Czeched... I nearly missed what you did there.

4 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

All hail China 

I do think it’s a good thing to meet with Xi Jingpin in person, face to face.  World Leaders should meet face to face, it’s how you build ANY sort of relationship and open a dialogue. 

With that said you don’t have to get on your knees and open your mouth like Gavin Newsome did. JFC. 

43 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I do think it’s a good thing to meet with Xi Jingpin in person, face to face.  World Leaders should meet face to face, it’s how you build ANY sort of relationship and open a dialogue. 

With that said you don’t have to get on your knees and open your mouth like Gavin Newsome did. JFC. 

And he didn't even ask for a reach around.  What a simp.