Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

Guess when Ruth Bader Ginsburg will die

Just now, riversco said:

If Biden wins,he will pack the court to like 12 judges.  Then the next republican that wins will pack it to 16.  By 2050, It will be 75 judges.

The left ruins everything they touch 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Goggins said:

Those are the same people who were already voting for Biden. 

Any true conservative will set aside their dislike of Trump to protect the Supreme Court. Trump is only here for 4 more months or 4 more years. SCOTUS appointments can last decades.

The Dems really screwed the pooch on this, should have let her retire with dignity in 2019 but they were too busy with their impeachment projection.

Trump should and will do what the Constitution grants him, nominate a justice. The Senate should confirm, as the Constitution grants them. 

Only problem is the 3-4 cucks who will cave to the communists. Murkowski has already stated she will not vote.

No matter what happens, stock up on 🍿

And as a bonus, not the left will be forced to talk about actual politics rather than their self inflicted China Virus damage and imaginary systemic racism hysteria.

I don't disagree with you. I'm just telling you what people have told me. They see the SCOTUS as more important than the president and believe in keeping it as balanced as possible.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Huh? No they don’t. They can have this wrapped up by next week if they want. 

Their justification at the time was that the selection should wait until after the next election 

Seems fine, I would prefer they hold firm and stay philosophically honest

i would prefer conservatives stay true to what is right and not behave like leftist liberals

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RLLD said:

He can, but the Republicans set the standard, have to wait for the next election.

at the time I thought that it was stupid, but I think I sorta like it

No, they did not.

They controlled the Senate and Obama was not running again. Different set of circumstances.

The Constitution gives them the authority to nominate/appoint a justice anytime they want.

And besides, assuming the election will be contested (due to mail fraud) and go all the way to SCOTUS, a tie would send it back to the lower court. Do we really want a random (or deliberately chosen liberal) district court deciding who will be president?

Nominate Monday after debate and hold hearings first week of October. Muh Covid!

What a shite show this is going to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RBG can burn in hell. She should have retired in 2015 but she wanted a woman president to pick her replacement.

Her hubris will hurt the left just like it always does.

2 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

The left ruins everything they touch 

True, but also true of government in general 

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

True, but also true of government in general 

But the left fights for more government while the right fights for less.

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

But the left fights for more government while the right fights for less.

They use to. There will never be less government.

• Like 1

Did she really die with this much stupidity and hatred inside of her?

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/18/100306972/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-champion-of-gender-equality-dies-at-87

Just days before her death, as her strength waned, Ginsburg dictated this statement to her granddaughter Clara Spera: "My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

33 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why? All they can do is make noise like last time. As a matter of fact, Trump will nominate a woman. Let the left go nuts ripping a woman 

I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of "peaceful protests" no matter who he nominates. 

I think Murkowski and Romney have both said they will not vote on this until after the election.  The GOP has 53 seats so its up to Collins.  Its only a minor issue anyway as they can do the vote between election day and the next inauguration.

10 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Their justification at the time was that the selection should wait until after the next election 

i would prefer conservatives stay true to what is right and not behave like leftist liberals

Philosophically honest? Are you kidding me? Do you see what the left is currently doing to our country? Have you watched the riots? Have you not  heard leftist leaders egging it on, condoning it? You still think this is a philosophical battle? Come on man. 

Has a Supreme Court justice ever died this close to a presidential election?  And it did shift the vote in any way?

Just now, riversco said:

Has a Supreme Court justice ever died this close to a presidential election?  And it did shift the vote in any way?

The vote is decided already. Just depends who goes out to vote and how successful the left is at cheating.

Trump could be slick and stay quiet about this for a few weeks and allow the democrats to come out in strong support of Biden packing the court after he becomes president.  Then Trump announces that since the democrats are so in favor of packing the court, he is going to pack the court himself and nominate like 4 judges at once.  Make them eat their own words.

One of the biggest complaints the democrats have had in the 2020 election cycle is that the filibuster sucks.  The democrats want everything decided by simple majority vote in congress.  Well, Supreme Court picks were one of those things that used to be able to be filibustered but now is decided by simple majority.  So its only fitting that removal of the filibuster bites them in the ass here.

Bass and Brew had a hilarious quote over at the other board:

"To quote a great Kenyan, elections have consequences."

• Haha 1

Just now, riversco said:

Bass and Brew had a hilarious quote over at the other board:

"To quote a great Kenyan, elections have consequences."

That's going to get him perma-banned for sure.

Squizzy is hammering on the report button - I guarantee it.  Dude is in tears.

10 minutes ago, riversco said:

I looked it up:

http://politicalgraveyard.com/offices/pdio3.html

No SC justice has died this close to a presidential election.  Not even close.  The closest death on record was actually Scalia in 2016.  He died February 6th of 2016.

Ginsburg was on liberal life support. She and her liberal cohorts willed her to cling to life.

F*cking disgusting.

According to another otherboarder, T has been losing evangelical support, and the prospect of overturning Roe v Wade will bring them all back voting for T en masse.

I think the best move is to wait to fill until immediately after the election to make sure evangelicals vote Trump in large numbers.

MCConnell just said Trumps nominee will get a vote on the floor. Didn’t say when 

47 minutes ago, RLLD said:

LOL, NO.   Would the Dems do it?  Yes.  So there's your answer.  Nominate someone Trump.

40 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/18/100306972/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-champion-of-gender-equality-dies-at-87

Just days before her death, as her strength waned, Ginsburg dictated this statement to her granddaughter Clara Spera: "My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

We know and don’t care. Fortunately, your poisition of deciding things ended a few hours ago. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

just got suspended at antifa guys for bringing up Weekend at Bernies by that p@nzy Clayton.  :lol:

I'm almost positive Squizturd reported me.  The dude was crying about anything that didn't honor RBG.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Huh? No they don’t. They can have this wrapped up by next week if they want. 

Yeah. They can. And they will look like complete doosh bags doing it.

This isn't even 9 months out like it was with Obama. The election is in less than 60 days.

The new president should fill this void. I disapprove of Trump and McConnell ramming one through, but they likely will.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The new president should fill this void. I disapprove of Trump and McConnell ramming one through, but they likely will.

Explain why they should?  Obama himself said elections have consequences. Everyone knew that one of the consequences of the GOP controlling both the senate and white house was ramming thru SCOTUS picks.  This was above board.

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

This isn't even 9 months out like it was with Obama. The election is in less than 60 days.

In a stable society I would agree. We are not a stable society right now. Bad looks are not important. I wish that weren’t the case. 

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Over/Under on how many times Biden refers to RBG as Sandra Day O'Connor?

or Ruth Biden Gettysburg.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

New President?

Gonna be MAGA for the next 12 years.

I wonder if the sports world will start celebrating RBG and push democratic dogma regarding replacing the seat.  Stuff like #waituntilanewpresident in the endzones, etc.

1 hour ago, Dizkneelande said:

They use to. There will never be less government.

Trump did it, he overturned 100s of federal regulations just for a start. He also consolidated departments with in the federal government and has been accused of eliminating departments.

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

So 2025? We are supposed to go 4.5 years with only 8 justices because she disagreed with Trump's politics?

What a dumb biotch, although I highly doubt she said that because she has been on her death bed for 2 years and was most likely hopped up on morphine and other drugs. If she did say that then she is a disgrace to the court. Justices are supposed to be apolitical. 

• Like 1