Sign in to follow this  
phins1921

Anybody think Fournette could be in for a big year?

I think he can really get it together. Maybe 1200 yards and 10 tds. What do you guys think?

If he stays healthy he could be a top 5 back, but that's an if I don't see happening. I want to believe he will cause he's be a steal at his adp. Going WR, WR and then landing a 20+ touch RB that plays 16 games is a dream.

If he puts it together I think Foles is better for the offense so maybe he helps rise the ship.

I'm honestly not sure what to make of Fornette.  He passes the eye tests sometimes but hes yet to even rush for 4.0 YPC in a season after posting 3.9 and 3.3 YPC

I can't think of another toply ranked pick that he has that bad of a career average but maybe that's the Jags fault 

2 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

If he puts it together I think Foles is better for the offense so maybe he helps rise the ship.

I'm honestly not sure what to make of Fornette.  He passes the eye tests sometimes but hes yet to even rush for 4.0 YPC in a season after posting 3.9 and 3.3 YPC

I can't think of another toply ranked pick that he has that bad of a career average but maybe that's the Jags fault 

It's a lot the jags fault. Their line was complete garbage. Teams selling out to stop Fournette. Yeldon would have a better average but that's because teams didn't fear him. Idk what to make of Fournette, but I know the jags get 3 starters on the line back, plus Foles is a massive upgrade at qb. They have a lot of talent at receiver, and Defillipo is the OC

13 minutes ago, phins1921 said:

I think he can really get it together. Maybe 1200 yards and 10 tds. What do you guys think?

He is definitely someone I am considering if still on the board in rd #3. This is probably his last chance to make his case for a big contract. If he spends half the season on the bench because of nagging injuries again, who is going to give him 10-12 million a year? I like guys that have something to prove. Definitely risky, but you have to roll the dice at some point.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jrokh said:

He is definitely someone I am considering if still on the board in rd #3. This is probably his last chance to make his case for a big contract. If he spends half the season on the bench because of nagging injuries again, who is going to give him 10-12 million a year? I like guys that have something to prove. Definitely risky, but you have to roll the dice at some point.

Agreed 

The only positive for Fournette he has no decent back to push him for carries....I see little respect for Foles by other teams  to fear a top tier passing attack, resulting in stacking the box to negate a heavy-foot rusher....Fournette is off my list unless he falls to the 6th or 7th round, and I would only use him as a backup or spot start.....

• Like 1

^ And while that’s a plus for his per game outlook I’m not sure it helps his season outlook

Another decent back to spell him might help him stay healthy all year

I am starting to see Mixon fall to the late second. People starting to really get skittish with that line. I may be looking at Mixon and Fournette. Hmm

18 hours ago, Matt Mueller said:

This sounds like Trent Richardson after his rookie season.  Volume made him a success in year one, but his ypc absolutely sucked.  People were still super high on him though simply because of the V word (volume). 

Leonard can be a great RB.  He doesn't seem to be one that will play through, or with, pain.  I'm sure a RB is in more pain than I could tolerate, but the good ones seem to play through a lot. 

• Like 1

Personally I would likely pass on Fournette unless he came at great value.  Granted small career sample size, but feel like I'm seeing Fred Taylor revisited (for those of you who remember that name, also a Jag):   Top 5 back when healthy...unfortunately rarely is.

As someone mentioned, money is the main motivator. If he ever stays healthy, it will be this year. Then cash in and never draft again.

Watched a fair amount of this crappy jax-Miami game Fournette looked pretty good. He is the Jax offense, bellcow when healthy, which is the issue 

It is just so hard to draft this cat after what he has put me through...

I’m intrigued, would 12/13 turn be insane? Have trouble separating that group of RBs and believing Mixon on a garbage team is going to be great. 

11 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Nice to see Fournette involved in the passing game. No hesitation from Foles throwing him swing passes.

I agree I think he could be a steal in the late 2nd or early 3rd just my 2 cents

17 hours ago, stonewall said:

It is just so hard to draft this cat after what he has put me through...

I definitely feel your pain.  I'm thinking he drops in my league since most are losing faith in him.  Most guys, even the ones who burned me in the past, are worth drafting at some point.  Seems every year that a guy who was crap for me in the past goes off for someone else.

He’s a low end rb2.  

On 8/22/2019 at 4:46 AM, The Postman said:

Agree he cant stay on the field, but Jag means no talent.  He is far from no talent, the question is can he ever stay on the field?

He meant Jag as in jaguar, not JAG as in just another guy. 

I'm buying all day at the 2/3 turn in an era of so few workhorse RB's. A lot went wrong last year. Most notably the injuries to himself and the oline and of course the presence of Blake Bortles. This year Fournette is coming in lighter and in better shape and with a much better attitude. The line is back healthy and he has a competent QB in Nick Foles. There's also talk of him catching more passes out of the backfield which is exactly what you want to hear in this era of pass catching backs. I'm not crazy about the schedule but as long as he is healthy the volume will undoubtedly be there. 

I certainly understand the allure but he’s always dinged up and is he even that good? Career YPC very underwhelming. I know that isn’t everything but at some point it’s definitely something. I think he is being appropriately valued this year so no reason not to take him at his current ADP and given that there will be few if any other non-RBBC guys by that point.

He's definitely talented.  I won't question the talent at all.  The main issue is he's always dinged up.  Have you ever seen an injury report without him on it?  I sort of understand last year as his offensive line was pure crap.  They have a new Tackle, the RT should be healthy (maybe?) and the interior of the line has been just below average.  If the line holds up, and Foles can even be a mild upgrade at QB, he could be an above average back and flirt with high end RB2 numbers, or depending on how many games he plays, a very low end RB1.  That's only if everything falls his way though.  If the Jaguars fall out of contention by midseason, I could easily see him packing it in and being a wasted pick.  His schedule would suggest an average year in terms of production, but again, a true workhorse is hard to find these days.  Draft at your own risk though.  He'd have to fall to the third in a 12 team league for me to consider him. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

He's definitely talented.  I won't question the talent at all.  The main issue is he's always dinged up.  Have you ever seen an injury report without him on it?  I sort of understand last year as his offensive line was pure crap.  They have a new Tackle, the RT should be healthy (maybe?) and the interior of the line has been just below average.  If the line holds up, and Foles can even be a mild upgrade at QB, he could be an above average back and flirt with high end RB2 numbers, or depending on how many games he plays, a very low end RB1.  That's only if everything falls his way though.  If the Jaguars fall out of contention by midseason, I could easily see him packing it in and being a wasted pick.  His schedule would suggest an average year in terms of production, but again, a true workhorse is hard to find these days.  Draft at your own risk though.  He'd have to fall to the third in a 12 team league for me to consider him. 

Well, if the Defense returns to form, they wont need Foles to be an all star.

If they pound the ball on the ground and put up 21 points a game they might be able to make the playoffs.

That's Fournettes game.   If the line is good enough, I'm sure that's the game they would like to play with this personell.

42 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Well, if the Defense returns to form, they wont need Foles to be an all star.

If they pound the ball on the ground and put up 21 points a game they might be able to make the playoffs.

That's Fournettes game.   If the line is good enough, I'm sure that's the game they would like to play with this personell.

I've wondered why they didn't release one of the studs on defense and bring in another offensive lineman.  They will cut Campbell after this season for salary cap reasons and likely AJ too.  I think as good as Campbell has been for the Jags, I may have released him this offseason and tried to sign another good run blocking Guard, like Saffold.  They possibly could have squeezed him under the cap this season while that defense is still together.  I hope they make the playoffs.  Shad Khan is a great owner.  He may not know football as well as some, but he is a good guy overall and does a lot for various communities. 

im in a 12 team ppr high stakes league where we start 2 rbs 4 wrs and a flex(wrs and tes are receivers..no mando TE)...i had #1 and went barkley then D will in the 2nd then fournette in the 3rd.......fournette scares me to death but I wont the league last year going rb, rb, rb with royce freeman being a complete a bust as my 3rd rounder....so theres still a chance if the other two perform well and I hit on some receivers......crossing my fingers that things come together for him ....if he does with barkley and if D will does his thing Ill be in good shape

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I've wondered why they didn't release one of the studs on defense and bring in another offensive lineman.  They will cut Campbell after this season for salary cap reasons and likely AJ too.  I think as good as Campbell has been for the Jags, I may have released him this offseason and tried to sign another good run blocking Guard, like Saffold.  They possibly could have squeezed him under the cap this season while that defense is still together.  I hope they make the playoffs.  Shad Khan is a great owner.  He may not know football as well as some, but he is a good guy overall and does a lot for various communities. 

I was thinking along similar lines.

They did draft Jawaan Taylor this year in round 2.  I'd say he was a borderline first round talent.   They also got will richardson last year.   I had kinda hoped hed make it into the starting  lineup by year 2 but so far that has not happened.

I figured a good guard signing and plug him in beside Taylor, and one side of the line is completely rebuilt

Either way, I do think the line will be better than it was last season.  So that bodes well for Fournettes stats this year.

like I said, if the Defense returns to top form, they dont need this offense to light it up.   All they need is a decent ball control offense.  Foles is the type of QB that is good at playing within the system that is set up and he can be the game manager they need.

If they run on either first or second down (or both) and leave foles with a 3rd and 3 or 3rd and 4 I believe in his ability to convert that.   

The good news is that this kind of drive can take up to 10 minutes off the clock if they score a TD and keeps the opposing offense off the field and the defense fresh.

and this is the kind of Defense that is hard to score upon unless they get tired because they are spending too much time on the field.

a power run game goes hand in hand with a solid defense.   This is the direction I have to believe this team wants to go.

21 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I was thinking along similar lines.

They did draft Jawaan Taylor this year in round 2.  I'd say he was a borderline first round talent.   They also got will richardson last year.   I had kinda hoped hed make it into the starting  lineup by year 2 but so far that has not happened.

I figured a good guard signing and plug him in beside Taylor, and one side of the line is completely rebuilt

Either way, I do think the line will be better than it was last season.  So that bodes well for Fournettes stats this year.

like I said, if the Defense returns to top form, they dont need this offense to light it up.   All they need is a decent ball control offense.  Foles is the type of QB that is good at playing within the system that is set up and he can be the game manager they need.

If they run on either first or second down (or both) and leave foles with a 3rd and 3 or 3rd and 4 I believe in his ability to convert that.   

The good news is that this kind of drive can take up to 10 minutes off the clock if they score a TD and keeps the opposing offense off the field and the defense fresh.

and this is the kind of Defense that is hard to score upon unless they get tired because they are spending too much time on the field.

a power run game goes hand in hand with a solid defense.   This is the direction I have to believe this team wants to go.

I really liked their draft this year.  If some of the guys they've drafted over the past two seasons step up, they could lose a Campbell and be just fine.  As you said, this team should be able to win the close, low scoring games.  I'm completely on board with Foles being able to manage the game within the system that is in place.  Don't give him a ton of 3rd and long situations and he will be exactly what they need.  With the defense they have, I would think they are going to rely on the RB position to win.  I've heard/read good things about the WR's too.  They are young, but apparently have looked good in practice.  Last offseason everyone was talking about how raw they appeared.  This year, it's about the progress they've made.  That's a great sign. 

5 hours ago, bobby heenan said:

im in a 12 team ppr high stakes league where we start 2 rbs 4 wrs and a flex(wrs and tes are receivers..no mando TE)...i had #1 and went barkley then D will in the 2nd then fournette in the 3rd.......fournette scares me to death but I wont the league last year going rb, rb, rb with royce freeman being a complete a bust as my 3rd rounder....so theres still a chance if the other two perform well and I hit on some receivers......crossing my fingers that things come together for him ....if he does with barkley and if D will does his thing Ill be in good shape

I'm thinking of doing the same exact thing. It's a non ppr league and we can flex a rb, so all 3 will be starters hypothetically. It's just a 10 team league so there's a possibility Kelce could fall to me. 

7 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I'm thinking of doing the same exact thing. It's a non ppr league and we can flex a rb, so all 3 will be starters hypothetically. It's just a 10 team league so there's a possibility Kelce could fall to me. 

Just wasnt crazy at the WR options left when I picked 23 and 26....i dont love fournette but im willing to roll the dice at that juncture....the guys that were there were like diggs, cooper, k allen(I got williams at 47), cooks and thielen.....they didnt excite me either..