Sign in to follow this  
Survey: New York ranked least friendly state in America...

2 hours ago, peenie said:

Having lived in NJ and traveled back and forth to NYC most of my life, lived in California and now Georgia I can rank the states based on my experience:

From the most evil mean people to nicest:

Massachusetts

I take that as a compliment, you focking tvvat! 😡

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, I'm a good ol boy.  Yee ha! 

In a few more years that’ll be hola :(

42 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

He's not wrong....

Its not just how much you make it’s how much you make vs the cost of living. If a southern moved to the NW their income would go up... 

3 hours ago, peenie said:

Having lived in NJ and traveled back and forth to NYC most of my life, lived in California and now Georgia I can rank the states based on my experience:

From the most evil mean people to nicest:

Massachusetts

New York

Philadelphia (Lancaster Pennsylvania people are nice)

New Jersey

Washington D. C.

Maryland

California

Delaware

Virgina

North Carolina

Florida

Georgia

Tennesee

Everywhere else I've never been or is probably nicer than the states above

I have a friend here in China who is black (mixed with other things) from Boston. He absolutely hates it and hasn't been back in 20 years.

He has horrifying stories of being attacked and beaten and sh!t up there.

Hes been living in asia for over 20 years, some in Thailand, some in China, most of it in the Philippines. Nice guy. Has some incredible stories of Asia back in the day. We all call him the OG. 

• Thanks 1

And Giant Fans are the worst!!!  🤣

Buffalo is called the city of good neighbors.   

So no.  Maybe NYC.  Not all of NY.

Alabama has very nice people too. While traveling throughout the state for many reasons, I've not had any negative experiences. 

19 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Everything on that list makes sense except Minnesota being number 1. 

Agreed,two of my worst experiences with people were in that state.One at a Vikings/Chiefs game and the other at a bar.

16 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Its not just how much you make it’s how much you make vs the cost of living. If a southern moved to the NW their income would go up... 

Maybe, maybe not.  Though, I think he's talking more specifically about the North East, where he's at (and me too).

I went on to Indeed.com, they show that the average salary of a civil engineer in Jackson, MS is around $81k, in Princeton, NJ it's $71k, in Portland, OR it's $82k.  I saw on ZipRecruiter that all 3 were between $70-$75k.

I did a quick check on Realtor.com.  I checked 2 state capitals, Jackson, MS and Trenton, NJ.  Both houses, 3 beds, 2 baths, about 2000 sq ft.  The house in Jackson is listed at $189k where as the house in Trenton is listed at $319k.

In Portland, OR, I'm seeing similar houses selling for over $350k and most over $400k.

Good luck moving from Jackson, MS to either NJ or Oregon.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Maybe, maybe not.  Though, I think he's talking more specifically about the North East, where he's at (and me too).

I went on to Indeed.com, they show that the average salary of a civil engineer in Jackson, MS is around $81k, in Princeton, NJ it's $71k, in Portland, OR it's $82k.  I saw on ZipRecruiter that all 3 were between $70-$75k.

I did a quick check on Realtor.com.  I checked 2 state capitals, Jackson, MS and Trenton, NJ.  Both houses, 3 beds, 2 baths, about 2000 sq ft.  The house in Jackson is listed at $189k where as the house in Trenton is listed at $319k.

In Portland, OR, I'm seeing similar houses selling for over $350k and most over $400k.

Good luck moving from Jackson, MS to either NJ or Oregon.

So really southerns can afford to live/vacation in the NW, even better than a native since the incomes are the same but they have less living expenses, according to the data you provided. 

19 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

@Herbivore

Looking for another call-out on the above trolling post.  We know how outraged you get over those trolling posts you hate so much that you were willing to call it out yesterday.  Let's see if you're really honest about them or if the previous call-out was just fake.

Outraged..shut up.  This here post by mdc is what is called a joke, which happens to be bound in reality, which relates to the op.  Your 100s of mdc sho gay cake posts are an obsession tacked on whenever and wherever.  

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

So really southerns can afford to live/vacation in the NW, even better than a native since the incomes are the same but they have less living expenses, according to the data you provided. 

How did you work that out?  Southerners may make similar money, but the cost of living is much lower in the south... meaning, their pay won't go up really if they move up north, but their bills will increase dramatically.  If you have a house worth $189k, you're going to have a hard time paying for something similar that is 67% more expensive.  You better be great at saving money if you want to move up north.

19 hours ago, MDC said:

It’s so expensive in the Northeast that Southerners can’t move here.

You are so stupid. Jeez you are so dumb.... :mellow:

14 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

How did you work that out?  Southerners may make similar money, but the cost of living is much lower in the south... meaning, their pay won't go up really if they move up north, but their bills will increase dramatically.  If you have a house worth $189k, you're going to have a hard time paying for something similar that is 67% more expensive.  You better be great at saving money if you want to move up north.

I mean that if they make the same amount of money but have less expenses, the average southern would probably have more money put away and more extra money to potentially create other revenue streams, according to your data

Wow, couldn’t be more wrong.

In my experience New York people are quite friendly. Yes they’re brash and they will appropriately tell you to get the fock out of the way if you’re holding folks up, but they’ll also go out of their way to help complete strangers and they’re compassionate.

If you want to talk least friendly it’s easily the Midwest states. “Minnesota nice” doesn’t come from nowhere. It’s not a compliment! It’s meant as sarcasm. Sure they’re polite but they’re also cold and deeply suspicious of others. Guess it’s that Scandinavian background.

I do not understand Wyoming: ranchers, roughnecks, miners, and then poor meth heads.

I love the state and would move back in a heartbeat if my wife would go, but not for the friendliness of the population.

The most friendly state from my personal experience is Eastern Tennessee/Western NC. Love that area 

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

In my experience New York people are quite friendly. Yes they’re brash and they will appropriately tell you to get the fock out of the way if you’re holding folks up, but they’ll also go out of their way to help complete strangers and they’re compassionate.

If you want to talk least friendly it’s easily the Midwest states. “Minnesota nice” doesn’t come from nowhere. Those folks are cold and deeply suspicious of others. Guess it’s that Scandinavian background.

"Wrong" is an absolute, and not subject to levels of gradation.

Plus, New Yorkers are mostly assh0les with a couple exceptions. So you are wrong. Not "more wrong". Just wrong.

If you want to talk least friendly it’s easily the Midwest states. “Minnesota nice” doesn’t come from nowhere. It’s not a compliment! It’s meant as sarcasm. Sure they’re polite but they’re also cold and deeply suspicious of others. Guess it’s that Scandinavian background.

So New York is the most friendly in your opinion? Of course it is 🤦🏻‍♂️

17 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Speaking as a southerner, few of us have any desire to live up north.

Two of my parents best friends live in jersey city, right across the river from Manhattan. Nice folks, but they are those typical new Yorkers who think anywhere else is barbaric. They came into town (Memphis) for the funeral a couple weeks back. Sure, New York has lots of sh!t to do that we don't have, but most people don't do thst stuff anyway.

Bang for buck, you're better off in the south. And fock winter. 

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

The most friendly state from my personally experience is Eastern Tennessee/Western NC. Love that area 

I grew up in west Tennessee, and lived much of my adulthood in middle Tennessee. I think east Tennessee is the least friendly of the three grand divisions. Those mountain people are wary of outsiders. Granted, I was there to sue them, but still. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sderk said:

"Wrong" is an absolute, and not subject to levels of gradation.

Plus, New Yorkers are mostly assh0les with a couple exceptions. So you are wrong. Not "more wrong". Just wrong.

Wow that was pissy :lol:

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Wow that was pissy :lol:

And accurate. :thumbsup:

52 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I mean that if they make the same amount of money but have less expenses, the average southern would probably have more money put away and more extra money to potentially create other revenue streams, according to your data

It's been my experience that people don't really "save".  People virtually always spend over their means.  If I were a gambling man, I'd put my money on southerners not having a lot of cash stashed away.

57 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Two of my parents best friends live in jersey city, right across the river from Manhattan. Nice folks, but they are those typical new Yorkers who think anywhere else is barbaric. They came into town (Memphis) for the funeral a couple weeks back. Sure, New York has lots of sh!t to do that we don't have, but most people don't do thst stuff anyway.

Well that's a different argument altogether.  That one I certainly won't dispute.  North(east), Jersey is just like New York and actually a little worse because they have an inferiority complex.  South Jersey is pretty cool.  It's a odd mix of densely populated with a lot of open spaces.  Honestly, South Jersey, aside from the snow/cold in the winter and humidity in the summer, is a pretty good place to live.

The weather really is the main reason to stay in the south.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Honestly, South Jersey, aside from the snow/cold in the winter and humidity in the summer, is a pretty good place to live.

I used to live briefly in Lakewood, NJ. Spent a lot of time going to Seaside and Lavalette beach-back in my college days.

13 minutes ago, peenie said:

I used to live briefly in Lakewood, NJ. Spent a lot of time going to Seaside and Lavalette beach-back in my college days.

I'm more south than that.  I'm in Atlantic County.  I like it down here.

3 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I do agree that fock winter. Lived in northern climates all my life and I’ve had enough. The cold isn’t so bad neither is the snow. It’s the darkness and dreariness that gets to you.

Been thinking about moving lately. Will never happen though with kids, career and all that stuff.

I do agree that fock winter. Lived in northern climates all my life and I’ve had enough. The cold isn’t so bad neither is the snow. It’s the darkness and dreariness that gets to you.

Been thinking about moving lately. Will never happen though with kids, career and all that stuff.

You mean your mom's kids and her career and stuff?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sderk said:

You mean your mom's kids and her career and stuff?

Whose alias is this? I don’t even know who you are, brah

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So "IGotWorms" is what your mom named you?

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Peefoam. He got banned.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Peefoam. He got banned.

monkey death car. She got banned. 

5 minutes ago, mighty_thor said:

Friendliness is overrated. I’ll take a sarcastic wise ass over southern hospitality any day.

I think you are mixing up the word 'sarcastic' with 'assh0le'.

On 8/22/2019 at 3:41 PM, peenie said:

If you work in the North you get paid well and therefore can afford to live in the North.

You live in the South you will get paid crappy, but your crappy pay still allows you to live well.

Live in the North where it's cold and where people are mean and distrusting or live in the South where it's warm and people don't have to bother with distrust cause they carry firearms.

People in the south are definitely more friendly but I find them too religious, a little slow and unfunny. 

And the unfriendly Northeast started the abolitionist movement. Let that sink in when living among the friendly former lynchers and church torchers.