NPNG

What's the thoughts on David Montgomery?

At this point I've given up even thinking of starting him.  And this is mostly on the coaches.  7 running plays in a game between 2 elite defenses?  You're playing the saints who are down 3 key offensive players and your strategy is to try to let Mitchell win the game?  Honestly I just think Mitchell is such a boat anchor he's taking the whole ship down with him.  The OL has issues.  I'm not sure if any of the RB's are good, but at this point you need to treat Mitchell like a game manager and run the ball and play defense. 

I can only imagine the despair of Bears fans having to watch Mitchell play and realize they could have had Watson or Mahomes.  This is going to go down historically with the Portland Trailblazers taking Sam Bowie over Micheal Jordan.  When they are putting Mahomes in the HOF, the answer to the trivia question will be Mitchell.

Firing up DMont against the Chargers Defense.

Still have little-to-no faith in Nagy or Trubs, but it's time for DMont to step up.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shutdown said:

At this point I've given up even thinking of starting him.  And this is mostly on the coaches.  7 running plays in a game between 2 elite defenses?  You're playing the saints who are down 3 key offensive players and your strategy is to try to let Mitchell win the game?  Honestly I just think Mitchell is such a boat anchor he's taking the whole ship down with him.  The OL has issues.  I'm not sure if any of the RB's are good, but at this point you need to treat Mitchell like a game manager and run the ball and play defense. 

I can only imagine the despair of Bears fans having to watch Mitchell play and realize they could have had Watson or Mahomes.  This is going to go down historically with the Portland Trailblazers taking Sam Bowie over Micheal Jordan.  When they are putting Mahomes in the HOF, the answer to the trivia question will be Mitchell.

It's more the despair knowing how piss poor the coach is. He will get another qb to work with and the offense will still be OK at best. 

3 hours ago, stonewall said:

Firing up DMont against the Chargers Defense.

Still have little-to-no faith in Nagy or Trubs, but it's time for DMont to step up.

I think the best part of our wager is watching you ruin your fantasy teams by investing in that "This will be the week!" hope...

🍿

ugh.  i traded for him and daniel jones in a dynasty.  these last few weeks have been painful

30 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I think the best part of our wager is watching you ruin your fantasy teams by investing in that "This will be the week!" hope...

Fortunately, like yours I assume, my fantasy teams are doing quite well, tyvm. 5-for-5 this past week, as a matter of fact. First place in my division in all but one league....with a 5-2 record in that one. Also, as I think you probably know, I have no "This will be the week" mentality.....and DMont rode the pine last week. FF leagues are won by nimbleness, in-season management, and calculated risks (and a lot of luck, of course). So, if the best part of our wager is watching me ruin my FF teams and throwing a guy in the lineup out of loyalty....must suck to be you. 🤑

But, yes, DMont gets reinserted this week because I like the matchup and believe he has talent if utilized correctly. Not overly confident because I don't have the same belief about his coach or QB. However, those factors matter not in the realm of a square bet....and I am a man of my word when it comes to those. Win some and lose some....and although this one is leaning hard towards the lose column, it ain't over quite yet.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, stonewall said:

But, yes, DMont gets reinserted this week because I like the matchup and believe he has talent if utilized correctly.

Let me know how that works out for you!

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Let me know how that works out for you!

Will do! Hopefully, as well as Lat Murray last week!

BTW, didn't you recommend starting Coleman over Lat? 

:dunno:

8 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Will do! Hopefully, as well as Lat Murray last week!

I picked up Murray and started him in one league--partly because my RB3 (Chris Thompson) was injured, partly because I don't like where things are headed with my RB4 (Damien Williams), and mostly because my opponent's roster featured Alvin Kamara and I wanted to twist the knife a little.

As it turned out, I won by 83.4 points anyway, so it was kind of a moot point, but still a plus going forward for a few more weeks, hopefully.

P.S.  Montgomery will still suck.

17 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

.....mostly because my opponent's roster featured Alvin Kamara and I wanted to twist the knife a little.

For the life of me, even in short-bench leagues, I cannot envision a scenario where I would not have my top 3 RB draft pick handcuffed with a RB as capable as Lat. Your opponent earned that one....

However, also hard to imagine a league in which Lat was floating around as a free agent? He has been owned since the draft in all my leagues. I will spare you the condescending 8-man league comment....but does it have weird roster settings, or something?

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

But, yes, DMont gets reinserted this week because I like the matchup and believe he has talent if utilized correctly. Not overly confident because I don't have the same belief about his coach or QB. However, those factors matter not in the realm of a square bet....and I am a man of my word when it comes to those. Win some and lose some....and although this one is leaning hard towards the lose column, it ain't over quite yet.

"If utilized correctly" is the big issue.  If Nagy is going to throw the ball 90% of the time, that renders any Bears RB useless.  And it wasn't all game script, the bears were within 9 point for most of the 3rd quarter.

3 minutes ago, shutdown said:

"If utilized correctly" is the big issue.  If Nagy is going to throw the ball 90% of the time, that renders any Bears RB useless.  And it wasn't all game script, the bears were within 9 point for most of the 3rd quarter.

It’s ugly in Bear-land right now, to be sure.

Can Nagy really be so clueless? Hopefully, he watched the game tape of the Steelers game script against the Chargers a couple of weeks ago. Conner ran em into the ground.

With the injuries to Thielen and now Keenan Allen popping up with a hamstring, I'm pretty screwed at wide receiver as I was hoarding runningbacks trying to cover for Saquon being out and Monty's terribleness.  Just dropped David Montgomery for Valdes-Scantling in case Keenan doesn't play.

Kept Shady McCoy, Jordan Howard, Latavious Murray, and even Jamaal Williams over him.

1 hour ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Be funny if he goes for 150 and 3 TDS.

Cmon. It's not like we're talking about Chase Edmonds 

6 hours ago, nobody said:

If he goes for 150 and 3 TDs, axeelf will suck your dìck

Please keep your sexual fantasies regarding Axe Elf to yourself.

The Chargers have 3 DT tackles out today! including their 2 starters.  They were not good against the run to begin with. I'm considering the crazy, playing Monty over Jacobs.

Lot of buzz in the windy city for a more controlled running game, hunch Montgomery shows up in fantasy stats...If he produces minor production today, time to get rid of him, its now or never against a banged up Charger team...... 

Nice to see Nagy pull his head south of his ass and use a fullback.  Thats why Monty is going off 

30 minutes ago, nobody said:

Nice to see Nagy pull his head south of his ass and use a fullback.  Thats why Monty is going off 

That and having a second-string defensive line to run against...

Idk. He looks good to me.  No reason he shouldn't be getting 15-20 (or more) touches a game.  Nagy needs to realize that Cohen is a 3rd down/2 minute offense type of RB. 

Also, lol at Nagy for losing yardage on a windy day to setup the game winning FG.  How many times are we going to HC's screw their teams by doing this?

• Like 1

Few of us on this posting who started Montgomery were well rewarded...A talented back in college lacked the proper opportunity in Nagy's offense,  earlier on this post I stated the Bears would attempt a more controlled rushing offense against the Chargers, which showcased a effective Montgomery...Going forward expect heavy workload and decent production...

1 hour ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

150 yards and 1 TD.

It's always nice when you can get 50% of your season production in a single game.

10 minutes ago, xxxdog said:

Few of us on this posting who started Montgomery were well rewarded...A talented back in college lacked the proper opportunity in Nagy's offense,  earlier on this post I stated the Bears would attempt a more controlled rushing offense against the Chargers, which showcased a effective Montgomery...Going forward expect heavy workload and decent production...

Next week they play the Iggles, good luck with Montgomery's 6 points...

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

It's always nice when you can get 50% of your season production in a single game.

What if he gets another 100 and 1 TD next week?  Would u give him a break?

i never got involved in the argument about opportunities or lack there of but to still be denying talent is questionable to me.

will prob not be starting vs the birds.

3 hours ago, xxxdog said:

Going forward you expect what? The bears still lost today. I wouldn’t expect anything but the unexpected. I would still heavily consider the matchups and game flow before starting Montgomery with any kind of confidence.

I know the recurring topic here is that Nagy is an idiot and Montgomery’s production (or lack thereof) could be blamed on Nagy....

But what the heck was that for clock management? 43 seconds left and you kneel to run out the clock to set up a 41 yard field goal? In windy Chicago....

It blows my mind how much these coaches get paid and then for them to show their utter incompetence. Nagy deserves to be fired for this one in my opinion. This loss is squarely on him.

2 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

What if he gets another 100 and 1 TD next week?  Would u give him a break?

What kind of a break does David Montgomery need from Axe Elf?

On 10/26/2019 at 10:49 AM, Skinny_Bastard said:

Be funny if he goes for 150 and 3 TDS.

I should have listened.  

Good job. 

Montgomery finally had a great game and showed people what he can do.  I don't have high expectations for him the rest of the year though because of the mess the rest of the offense is.  Nagy is doing a terrible job coaching this year and the OL is below average.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Montgomery finally had a great game and showed people what he can do.  I don't have high expectations for him the rest of the year though because of the mess the rest of the offense is.  Nagy is doing a terrible job coaching this year and the OL is below average.

From week 10 to 16, Chicago will be facing the bottom half (ranking: 30,17,23,30,16,27,29) of the league rushing defense.  I actually think he'll have a strong finish.