Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

35 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Uh, if deaths in some of those categories are not zero (and in several cases not even down), then they’re not all being recorded as covid...  

And even if they were, that still doesn’t explain why there have been ~350k more deaths in total.

At least Strike I believe previously admitted that there were a lot of extra deaths but didn’t know why (he just got mad at me because I made a sarcastic comment about them all being suicides). But some of you seem to be denying that a lot more deaths happened in 2020 than there should have been - that is one stat that really can’t even be accused of being faked.

Where are these stats ? I remember you downplaying projections. Certainly you wouldn't be using projections for this number, right ? 

Luckily this is a mostly peaceful virus.

So, are we now not gong to enforce the illegal crossings at the border? During a pandemic? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

So, are we now not gong to enforce the illegal crossings at the border? During a pandemic? 

Of course not

15 minutes ago, nobody said:

Of course not

Makes sense. Lockdown your citizens to control the spread, but add more bodies . Where will they be on the list for vaccinations? 

I can't even find someone walking the streets by themselves in California not wearing a mask.  Those things ain't doing sh¡t.

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

I can't even find someone walking the streets by themselves in California not wearing a mask.  Those things ain't doing sh¡t.

Sure they are, they're helping spread it. Stats back it up. 

3 hours ago, drobeski said:

Where are these stats ? I remember you downplaying projections. Certainly you wouldn't be using projections for this number, right ? 

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Weekly-Counts-of-Deaths-by-State-and-Select-Causes/muzy-jte6/data then export and scroll down to US

Looks like they've actually added some data for the last week of the year since I exported this last, however that week is only about half complete and several of the prior weeks are not complete yet either.  Despite that, total 2020 deaths are already 334k over 2019, an increase of +12%.  I posted links a month ago (I think in response to you actually) with some of the prior years, which showed that the highest growth rate in the past 5 years was +3%.

There will be a bare minimum of 50k added to the 2020 totals.  If I wanted to get into projections I'd say it will be more than that, but let's stick with 50k which would put 2020 384k deaths over 2019.  Going back to the prior years numbers, the largest growth in absolute deaths was 86k.  So at best, we are looking at 300k excess deaths, most likely more than that.

Cant wait to hear that the illegal population is not a significant spreader of the Covid.  Neither is any other population, but you get the point. 

51 minutes ago, Strike said:

Can't see behind the paywall, but just to be clear, you're admitting that many of these people are actually in the hospital due to covid, correct?

Correct, cases may have peaked (but again, the holidays muddy the data a bit).  But while cases is not a perfect measure, there is usually a correlation with hospitalizations and deaths which tend to lag cases.   You realize that "things" can both be bad but getting better at the same time, right?

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

What the actual fuk, Verizon?

I get your point, but I would actually say no.  Not because of COVID, but rather because they're over priced and the food prices are ridiculous.  Not to mention home entertainment is so good now, so theaters are becoming obsolete.

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

I get your point, but I would actually say no.  Not because of COVID, but rather because they're over priced and the food prices are ridiculous.  Not to mention home entertainment is so good now, so theaters are becoming obsolete.

Theaters are for children and people on dates.  Or as Nambla would say,  exactly!

Just now, KSB2424 said:

This shiot is everywhere near me, half my neighborhood has it.  😷

Yeah. Now I’m seeing many more people that I know coming down with it. All doing fine thankfully. 

52 minutes ago, nobody said:

Nope.    Unless you got major bank to invest in a home theatre system and the room to do it in, I still pick a theatre.  The sound and the big screen cant be duplicated properly to replace that experience.

I LIKE movie theatre popcorn as well.  Yeah yeah I know I get ripped off on concessions but that's a decision I make.  I don't have to buy the large combo.   But I do.   As far as pricing, wife and I will usually go during an afternoon on a weekend where matinee prices(at MJR Theatres) are $6-$7 each.   Very affordable.  MJR now is also installing large reclining seats with huge aisles in all their theaters.  Uber comfortable.    I will be sad if the theatre dies. 

23 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

This shiot is everywhere near me, half my neighborhood has it.  😷

Ouch, 'Bring out yer dead. I mean they gotta be dropping dead in the streets, right?

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Weekly-Counts-of-Deaths-by-State-and-Select-Causes/muzy-jte6/data then export and scroll down to US

Looks like they've actually added some data for the last week of the year since I exported this last, however that week is only about half complete and several of the prior weeks are not complete yet either.  Despite that, total 2020 deaths are already 334k over 2019, an increase of +12%.  I posted links a month ago (I think in response to you actually) with some of the prior years, which showed that the highest growth rate in the past 5 years was +3%.

There will be a bare minimum of 50k added to the 2020 totals.  If I wanted to get into projections I'd say it will be more than that, but let's stick with 50k which would put 2020 384k deaths over 2019.  Going back to the prior years numbers, the largest growth in absolute deaths was 86k.  So at best, we are looking at 300k excess deaths, most likely more than that.

The CDC has major problems with credibility,  especially over this covid thing ? Got any good sources?

2 minutes ago, drobeski said:

The CDC has major problems with credibility,  especially over this covid thing ? Got any good sources?

May be true, but it's not that difficult to keep track of the people that are no longer breathing

Possibly dead from vaccine:  https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/06/health/coronavirus-vaccine-doctor-death/index.html

This is reassuring: "The known and potential benefits of the current Covid-19 vaccines outweigh the known and potential risks, getting Covid-19," said Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases. "That doesn't mean, however, that we couldn't see potential serious health events in the future."

Everyone else can go first.

Just now, TimHauck said:

May be true, but it's not that difficult to keep track of the people that are no longer breathing

Yeah, it probably is, when the source has been guilty of inflating numbers over and over, there is no reason to trust these. 

4 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Yeah, it probably is, when the source has been guilty of inflating numbers over and over, there is no reason to trust these. 

You're right, the CDC probably faked their deaths so that Democrats could use their votes

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

You're right, the CDC probably faked their deaths so that Democrats could use their votes

Not sure if that's the full agenda,  but you can pretend everything that has happened is on the up and up.  I prefer not to choose to be that stupid. Because that would be very difficult to force my brain to do that. 

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

Not sure if that's the full agenda,  but you can pretend everything that has happened is on the up and up.  I prefer not to choose to be that stupid. Because that would be very difficult to force my brain to do that. 

LOL love how the goalposts keep moving.

"Can't believe covid deaths, we need to see the total deaths"

"oh total deaths are up 300k+, we can't believe the CDC"

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Go deeper. They used their brains to make virtual reality pods for deep state mind control testing and develop a serum to make us give up our guns. The evidence is all right there.

Oh and you will be source shamed unless your source is a hyper religious conspiracy obsessed bunkered up right wing lunatic on Twitter. 

Just now, TimHauck said:

LOL love how the goalposts keep moving.

"Can't believe covid deaths, we need to see the total deaths"

"oh total deaths are up 300k+, we can't believe the CDC"

Yeah, the CDC and Fauci goal posts have been constantly moving. I agree. 2 weeks to slow the curve buddy. 

Stay dumb, enjoy. God bless. 

2 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Yeah, the CDC and Fauci goal posts have been constantly moving. I agree. 2 weeks to slow the curve buddy. 

Stay dumb, enjoy. God bless. 

change the subject, good strategy.  Yes Fauci has been moving some goalposts.  That doesn't prove that 300k+ extra people didn't die this year

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

change the subject, good strategy.  Yes Fauci has been moving some goalposts.  That doesn't prove that 300k+ extra people didn't die this year

When the CDC numbers support their narrative, it gets linked and cited as gospel. When it doesn’t it is source shamed and dismissed.

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

When the CDC numbers support their narrative, it gets linked and cited as gospel. When it doesn’t it is source shamed and dismissed.

good point.  although the CDC numbers have neve supported their narrative except for people that don't understand how to read data

12 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Moving goalposts matters.  Sometimes lol

I'm not really in the Fauci fanclub

12 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I thought the virus would go away after the election. :dunno:

I liked the 2 weeks to flatten the curve better. Up next is,  still need restrictions and masks after vaccination. And ofcourse more and more covidy and contagious strains.  

22 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I thought the virus would go away after the election. :dunno:

Some people still think Trump won and it's not over yet.

25 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Some people still think Trump won and it's not over yet.

Some people think Trump is a Russian spy. And joes a decent man. 

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

Some people think Trump is a Russian spy. And joes a decent man. 

You're right and those people are equally crazy.