Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

2 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Being a Californian (northern) I would LOVE the answers to the questions. 

We still have the strictest lockdowns, curfews, businesses are still closed (restaurants, hair/nails, etc). My daughter has not yet set foot in a classroom, and there are some kids who are pretty much MISSING an entire year of school, setting CA back even further in terms of education of kids. 

And....our Gov has hinted that there is no "green tier" because HE doesn't believe things will be open like they were for a LONG time, if EVER. 

I have pandemic fatigue. I am focking over this garbage. Every where I go (which is pretty much the grocery store once a week), EVERYONE has on a focking mask. Masks are NOT the issue and I really wish people would stop acting as if mask wearing will save us all. 

What's so bad about wearing a mask.  It's an inconvenience but that's about it.  If wearing a mask means businesses can stay open then I'm all for it until things get figured out.

2 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

If you look at it in the basics of what's been happening: 

*Lock shite down

*Wear masks 

And this started MONTHS ago and cases are still going up...LA may not be "WRONG" but something ain't right. 

We just need 2 weeks to flatten the curve. WHY WON'T YOU GUYS FLATTEN THE CURVE!!!!

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

What's so bad about wearing a mask.  It's an inconvenience but that's about it.  If wearing a mask means businesses can stay open then I'm all for it until things get figured out.

It's like you didn't even read her post.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Joes got this, wear it like a good boy until Joe sniffs us out of this 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Models aren't the same as studies

The same ilk of incompetent people do them... Epidemiologists, and the people doing the studies are usually grad students trying to fake their way through some class.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I must have misunderstood then?

Sorry man.  I mistook you for Tim.  He seems to have issues with reading comprehension.  TNG just seems tired of the whole thing.  We're talking about masks so she lashed out at them but if you read her post the overall issue I think she has is that everything is closed, with no end in sight, and there isn't reasonable justification for that.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You know when you've had it on for a while and finally take it off and you get that first breath of fresh air? That feeling of finally not having your breath restricted? 

Well, people like you are forcing people to wear them all day so you can go pants shopping. So your "inconvenience" is causing real harm to people. You just ignore them.

All for a disease with a 99.997% survivability rate. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Sorry man.  I mistook you for Tim.  He seems to have issues with reading comprehension.  TNG just seems tired of the whole thing.  We're talking about masks so she lashed out at them but if you read her post the overall issue I think she has is that everything is closed, with no end in sight, and there isn't reasonable justification for that.

I think everyone is tired of it all.  Tired of wearing masks.  Tired of businesses being closed.  Tired of arguing over it all.

I really think having a vaccine to roll out will help get things back to normal, or as close to normal as we can be.  As long as the vaccine doesn't have major side effects then I think it will help make our country feel more comfortable with everything opening up.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I think everyone is tired of it all.  Tired of wearing masks.  Tired of businesses being closed.  Tired of arguing over it all.

I really think having a vaccine to roll out will help get things back to normal, or as close to normal as we can be.  As long as the vaccine doesn't have major side effects then I think it will help make our country feel more comfortable with everything opening up.

Sure, but you're not subject to the same restrictions she is, are you?

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

You know when you've had it on for a while and finally take it off and you get that first breath of fresh air? That feeling of finally not having your breath restricted? 

Well, people like you are forcing people to wear them all day so you can go pants shopping. So your "inconvenience" is causing real harm to people. You just ignore them.

All for a disease with a 99.997% survivability rate. 

Sounds a bit extreme.  I'm not forcing anyone to do anything.

Just now, Strike said:

Sure, but you're not subject to the same restrictions she is, are you?

Probably not.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Probably not.

I haven't been to a movie or a restaurant in a year. My kid hasn't been to her campus but THREE times, and that was to pick up distance learning supplies. My hairdresser is secretly doing hair out of her house. 

Yeah, it's getting old. 

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

ROFLMAO.  Dude, it's like you're not even reading the links I'm posting. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-01-05/la-county-residents-warned-covid-19-everywhere

I guess CNN and the LA Times are just lieing to people now. 

Well if I used links to those sites I'd get yelled at for quoting liberal rags...

That article doesn't really dispute what I said anyway.      Again I wasn't saying they were in good shape, I was saying it looks like they may be on the back end of the curve.   If you read that article, it was comparing the testing positive % to 11/1.    I'm saying some of the metrics appear to have been improving since about 12/18.    

Honestly it's doing a little bit of fearmongering by saying "we haven't even seen the people that got it over Christmas/New Years in the hospital yet!"   Several midwestern states had started the back end of their curve over Thanksgiving and yet it continued going down despite everyone yelling about Thanksgiving gatherings.   (Yes, this may be evidence that restrictions may not make a huge impact and I've repeated over and over that there shouldn't be many).

1 minute ago, TheNewGirl said:

I haven't been to a movie or a restaurant in a year. My kid hasn't been to her campus but THREE times, and that was to pick up distance learning supplies. My hairdresser is secretly doing hair out of her house. 

Yeah, it's getting old. 

I completely agree that it's getting old.  I've been lucky that I live in Iowa where things have been pretty open.  I'm also more of a homebody and enjoy staying in.  When I like it be out it's to go fishing which is always open to do.  I haven't been to any restaurants in town but I do go to our local brewery.  I did go to some places to eat while I was in Nashville last week.

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Well if I used links to those sites I'd get yelled at for quoting liberal rags...

That article doesn't really dispute what I said anyway.      Again I wasn't saying they were in good shape, I was saying it looks like they may be on the back end of the curve.   If you read that article, it was comparing the testing positive % to 11/1.    I'm saying some of the metrics appear to have been improving since about 12/18.    

Honestly it's doing a little bit of fearmongering by saying "we haven't even seen the people that got it over Christmas/New Years in the hospital yet!"   Several midwestern states had started the back end of their curve over Thanksgiving and yet it continued going down despite everyone yelling about Thanksgiving gatherings.   (Yes, this may be evidence that restrictions may not make a huge impact and I've repeated over and over that there shouldn't be many).

The article does not say things have been improving since 12/18.  It says the exact opposite.  Again, it seems like you're not even reading the links I'm posting.   This is directly from the LA Times article I posted:

The increases in cases are likely to continue for weeks to come, as a result of holiday and New Year’s Eve parties and returning travelers,” Ferrer said.

If we can't even agree on how bad it is in Los Angeles, despite me posting multiple articles detailing it, there isn't anything to discuss.  But your credibility has taken another hit. 

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Sounds a bit extreme.  I'm not forcing anyone to do anything.

You absolutely are. You've decided that magic pieces of cloth are the answer and you support forcing people to wear them. To you, it's just an inconvenience. Those are your words. 

Put your mask on and wear it all day. Hopefully, you won't suffer like so many others. But you don't really care so long as you can go shopping. 

All for a disease with a 99.997% survivability rate. 

23 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Nothing, that's not my point. 

8 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Yeah, it's getting old. 

Don't worry, they're going to stop ramping up the test cycle rates once Joe is in there. There won't be a need to fake the numbers anymore.  They'll magically drop and things will get back to normal.  Joe is that good and all this we've been put through has been organic and genuine. 

Just now, Cdub100 said:

You absolutely are. You've decided that magic pieces of cloth are the answer and you support forcing people to wear them. To you, it's just an inconvenience. Those are your words. 

Put your mask on and wear it all day. Hopefully, you won't suffer like so many others. But you don't really care so long as you can go shopping. 

All for a disease with a 99.997% survivability rate. 

How am I forcing people to wear a mask?  I have my own office so I don't have to wear a mask.  Are employees are to wear masks when working with customers but do not wear them at their desks.  Almost all of my employees are Trump supporters and don't believe in wearing masks but will to make customers feel more comfortable when they are here.  The majority of our customers refuse to wear masks, even though we have signs up, but we don't force them to.  I'm in a conservative area that supports Trump and they don't believe in masks and are similar to posters on here.

I wear a mask because I believe it doesn't hurt to wear it, so might as well do it if it can help get us closer to things going back to normal.  I know you don't agree with this, oh well.

Just now, drobeski said:

Don't worry, they're going to stop ramping up the test cycle rates once Joe is in there. There won't be a need to fake the numbers anymore.  They'll magically drop and things will get back to normal.  Joe is that good and all this we've been put through has been organic and genuine. 

I do have a close friend that works within the school districts, and she mentioned to me that there is a lot of pressure on Gov Newscum to get kids back into schools. So we might see things speed up there; schools may be offered additional funding if they go back sooner rather than later. IMO, the issue is getting teachers back in classrooms, a lot of them are incredibly fearful of the virus. 

12 minutes ago, Strike said:

The article does not say things have been improving since 12/18.  It says the exact opposite.  Again, it seems like you're not even reading the links I'm posting.   This is directly from the LA Times article I posted:

If we can't even agree on how bad it is in Los Angeles, despite me posting multiple articles detailing it, there isn't anything to discuss.  But your credibility has taken another hit. 

To use your words, "ROFLMAO."

That quote you cited is just a prediction - the main comparison with actual data they use is vs. 11/1.   There is one line saying Monday set a new high for deaths - that's not a surprise as I was saying, since Monday was probably the first time many of the people doing the reporting were back at work.   The question will be if that keeps up.

Edit:  Actually missed this line at first "The state is now averaging about 37,000 cases a day over the last week, down from a high of about 45,000 in mid-December. "

BOOM ROASTED

11 hours ago, nobody said:

You still have to wear a mask.  Pick the possible lie if you need a reason.

1. You can still get it.
  2. You can still spread it even after being post-symptomatic
  3. People need to see you wearing a mask to encourage others to do so
  4. The mask is what cured you
  5. The virus mutated and now you need to watch out for THAT version.
  6. SCIENCE!!!

/thread

18 minutes ago, drobeski said:

People need to understand that it takes time to run a convincing scamdemic. We are in the late stages. A few more d1ck dances by flaucci and biden will declare that he cured covid.

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Because masks don't stop the spread, but wearing them is better than not wearing them.    Most studies show that areas with better mask compliance fared better than those with worse compliance.

What!!!???!!!! Is this tim schoshit from antifaguys????

1 hour ago, TheNewGirl said:

Being a Californian (northern) I would LOVE the answers to the questions. 

We still have the strictest lockdowns, curfews, businesses are still closed (restaurants, hair/nails, etc). My daughter has not yet set foot in a classroom, and there are some kids who are pretty much MISSING an entire year of school, setting CA back even further in terms of education of kids. 

And....our Gov has hinted that there is no "green tier" because HE doesn't believe things will be open like they were for a LONG time, if EVER. 

I have pandemic fatigue. I am focking over this garbage. Every where I go (which is pretty much the grocery store once a week), EVERYONE has on a focking mask. Masks are NOT the issue and I really wish people would stop acting as if mask wearing will save us all. 

Do you hang out with friends & family outside of your household and if so do you wear a mask when you do?   I'm not saying you should be wearing one then, but that seems to be where a lot of people are getting it outside of confined locations like factories, prisons, & nursing homes (other countries that have better contact tracing than us have showed this).   Honestly I've seen people theorize that in California, the restrictions on businesses are making people go to social gatherings more than they otherwise would.   So If more businesses were open but masks were required, that might even be better than now where people don't have anything to do but go to people's houses where they probably aren't wearing masks.

43 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Yeah, it's getting old. 

I can go to movie theaters and restaurants and I haven't been either and have no desire to.  Lots of takeout though.

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Do you hang out with friends & family outside of your household and if so do you wear a mask when you do?   I'm not saying you should be wearing one then, but that seems to be where a lot of people are getting it outside of confined locations like factories, prisons, & nursing homes (other countries that have better contact tracing than us have showed this).   Honestly I've seen people theorize that in California, the restrictions on businesses are making people go to social gatherings more than they otherwise would.   So If more businesses were open but masks were required, that might even be better than now where people don't have anything to do but go to people's houses where they probably aren't wearing masks.

I can go to movie theaters and restaurants and I haven't been either and have no desire to.  Lots of takeout though.

In the last year, I've had my parents and/or my in laws over 4 times. Each time had a month or so between. We went to my parents for Thanksgiving. Other than that, I have not seen any friends or family in their homes, OR been to any friend's homes. We've declined every family party or friend party in the last year. We wear masks when we go to the store. 

That's great you have the option to dine out or go to a movie, again....you're comparing apples and oranges. Even if I WANTED to go, I couldn't. I actually think the movie theater closest to us (large, either Regal or Cinemark) has closed permanently. So, there ya go. 

2 hours ago, lod001 said:

What!!!???!!!! Is this tim schoshit from antifaguys????

He's a POS that has me on ignore but always seems to find his way into my conversations. He likes to use facebook fact-checking and memes to support his antiscience views.

It's pretty pathetic. He wears a mask in house while alone, because as we all know he's difeently alone with no family to love him. Just another science denying there are 5000 genders, magic cloth believing weirdo. 

29 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

He's a POS that has me on ignore but always seems to find his way into my conversations. He likes to use facebook fact-checking and memes to support his antiscience views.

It's pretty pathetic. He wears a mask in house while alone, because as we all know he's difeently alone with no family to love him. Just another science denying there are 5000 genders, magic cloth believing weirdo. 

You just described every liberal on this site.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Boom 

Looks like someone in South Africa mounted a monkey.  Yeah keep getting those vaccine shots. 

UK scientists expressed concern on Monday that COVID-19 vaccines being rolled out in Britain may not be able to protect against a new variant of the coronavirus that emerged in South Africa and has spread internationally.

You guys think umbrellas don’t keep you drier in the rain than not having one because people are still getting wet in the rain so they must not work. 😂 

15 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

You guys think umbrellas don’t keep you drier in the rain than not having one because people are still getting wet in the rain so they must not work. 😂 

Your analogy is retarded. I never use an umbrella, I've never gotten sick from not using an umbrella and I've never gotten anyone else sick from not using an umbrella. 

There, you lost. Move on from your stupidity on this one. 

3 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Your analogy is retarded. I never use an umbrella, I've never gotten sick from not using an umbrella and I've never gotten anyone else sick from not using an umbrella. 

There, you lost. Move on from your stupidity on this one. 

An analogy doesn’t work like that. We aren’t talking about getting sick, we are talking about getting wet. If you have material between you and the rain you will get less wet. It doesn’t mean no one will ever get wet again or you will stay completely dry, but having an umbrella in the rain you will get less wet. Now extrapolate (that means take what I said and apply it elsewhere) that to the mask debate and you will see the picture I am painting. I don’t need studies or theories to tell me why an umbrella keeps rain off of me more than if I did not have one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

An analogy doesn’t work like that. We aren’t talking about getting sick, we are talking about getting wet. If you have material between you and the rain you will get less wet. It doesn’t mean no one will ever get wet again or you will stay completely dry, but having an umbrella in the rain you will get less wet. Now extrapolate (that means take what I said and apply it elsewhere) that to the mask debate and you will see the picture I am painting. I don’t need studies or theories to tell me why an umbrella keeps rain off of me more than if I did not have one.

Wrong, its stupid and stop.✋ 

• Sad 1

How come Florida has had more cases and less deaths? 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How come Florida has had more cases and less deaths? 

Maybe they report the causes of death accurately? :dunno:

43 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

That doesn't make any sense. I have a better one.

You're in a pool wearing swim trunks.

The guy next to you is also wearing swim trunks. He also just happens to be taking a piss.

Your logic regarding masks also applies here. You think you won't get any pee on you because after all you're both wearing cloth.

Wear your magic piece of cloth. Don't forget your goggles and face shield though. You also might want to wear a biohazard suit. But that's probably too far eh?