Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

This guy.... Easy to be right when you take both sides. A lot of people were chastised for saying this exact same thing from the beginning...

17 minutes ago, Reality said:

This guy.... Easy to be right when you take both sides. A lot of people were chastised for saying this exact same thing from the beginning...

The data has all been there since the beginning pointing out the facts that kids should be in school the whole time. Trump was right the whole time.

pelosi was saying at the time that anyone who said kids should be in school should be criminally charged. Not much earpier than that she preaching people should all be going out to chinatown to frequent the restaurants. Then she went out withoit a madk, got caught, blamed the ownrr of the shop and got that store shut down.

Trump lost. Can the teachers union drop the charade and go back to work now? 

39 minutes ago, Strike said:

Ugh..I cant stand "gotcha" journalism.

Buried pretty far down after the SCATHING HEADLINES!!!

Kuehl’s visit to the restaurant came before the outdoor dining ban took effect Wednesday evening

7 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Kuehl’s visit to the restaurant came before the outdoor dining ban took effect Wednesday evening

They didn't bury anything.   It's not one sentence.  It's an entire paragraph:

Kuehl’s visit to the restaurant came before the outdoor dining ban took effect Wednesday evening, but her decision is likely to draw criticism from those who have grown frustrated with elected officials taking a hypocritical approach to what they have preached, as Kuehl dined at the restaurant a mere hours after she said doing such a thing was unsafe and could contribute to the surge in COVID-19 cases.

Here's a tip.  When reading a newspaper article you're supposed to read the ENTIRE article.  And then the next few paragraphs are people talking about the optics of such a move.  You may be one of these new generation of kids who just read the headline but that's not the article's fault. 

There certainly are cases of "gotcha" journalism but this isn't one of those.

9 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Because the virus is waiting until Wednesday to attack. Nice of this incredibly intelligent virus to give us time to prepare. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

They didn't bury anything.   It's not one sentence.  It's an entire paragraph:

Here's a tip.  When reading a newspaper article you're supposed to read the ENTIRE article.  And then the next few paragraphs are people talking about the optics of such a move.  You may be one of these new generation of kids who just read the headline but that's not the article's fault. 

There certainly are cases of "gotcha" journalism but this isn't one of those.

Yeah it is.    And if you can't recognize that then you're part of the problem.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Because the virus is waiting until Wednesday to attack. Nice of this incredibly intelligent virus to give us time to prepare. 

dumb answer.   

dumb answer.   

Sure.  It’s a public health crisis, we can wait. You usually wait during a crisis. You know why they waited? Money. This way the restaurants won’t order food and have it go to waste a d they can get rid of what they have. Wake up man 

On 11/28/2020 at 5:46 PM, nobody said:

I would love the smoking gun saying covid isn't killing people.  For one, I don't even care if it is killing people because I think it's ludicrous to tank the economy over geriatric people with underlying conditions dying.   The problem is I'm an engineer and I understand statistics. 

Doctors, by the way, are surprisingly terrible at statistics.  They constantly commit base rate neglect which is why we have so many "medical miracles."

Here's your problem: You are not privy to the real stats. All you get is inflated BS.

heart attack = covid.

car accident =  covid

fell off building = covid.

Got the sniffles...we will mark you down covid positive.

Flu? Dr Birx says it no longer exists. Now covid. 

8 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Yeah it is.    And if you can't recognize that then you're part of the problem.

The article isn't about someone violating an order.  It's about the hypocrisy of the people making the decisions regarding this supposed crisis.  Don't be a d*ck.

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sure.  It’s a public health crisis, we can wait. You usually wait during a crisis. You know why they waited? Money. This way the restaurants won’t order food and have it go to waste a d they can get rid of what they have. Wake up man 

Wait really?   You don't say.

Jesus man....When you try to look smart, you look like a simpleton.   

Just now, supermike80 said:

Wait really?   You don't say.

Jesus man....When you try to look smart, you look like a simpleton.   

Ok, you tell my why wait till Wednesday if it’s a crisis? I’m not saying it’s not a crises by the way, even though you think I am for some reason.  

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

The article isn't about someone violating an order.  It's about the hypocrisy of the people making the decisions regarding this supposed crisis.  Don't be a d*ck.

Its a stupid gotcha article.  The headline is all HUGE about how she went out right after voting to close the restaurants.   Then the real story emerges.

Essentially, this is a non story.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok, you tell my why wait till Wednesday if it’s a crisis? I’m not saying it’s not a crises by the way, even though you think I am for some reason.  

You're right.  The MINUTE that vote was completed they should have sent in the police to forcefully remove the restaurant patrons and throw away all the food.

Stick to baseball man, you seem to know a little about that

12 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

You're right.  The MINUTE that vote was completed they should have sent in the police to forcefully remove the restaurant patrons and throw away all the food.

24 hours would have been proper during a crisis. So you think money should take priority during a crisis?  That’s ok, just admit it. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

24 hours would have been proper during a crisis. So you think money should take priority during a crisis?  That’s ok, just admit it. 

So you are the resident expert on appropriate timing?

Stick to ERA's.   

26 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

If you can't see the sh!tty optics of this woman dining out, then you're lost.  Viewing this in a vacuum, sure she was "legal".  But how much more distrust did she sew by doing this?  This country is full of "rules for thee, not for me" orders that are executed by the ruling class.  In addition, I'm sure the dining ban order had the word "safety or safe" in it a million times.  If there's evidence to implement a dining ban in the name of safety, her doing this 24 hours before the ban was not safe.  Shes simply an idiot.

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

If you can't see the sh!tty optics of this woman dining out, then you're lost.  Viewing this in a vacuum, sure she was "legal".  But how much more distrust did she sew by doing this?  This country is full of "rules for thee, not for me" orders that are executed by the ruling class.  In addition, I'm sure the dining ban order had the word "safety or safe" in it a million times.  If there's evidence to implement a dining ban in the name of safety, her doing this 24 hours before the ban was not safe.  Shes simply an idiot.

Its not great optics, but she literally did nothing wrong, illegal or anything else.     Creating a news story about it was the dumb part.

26 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

So you are the resident expert on appropriate timing?

Stick to ERA's.   

Your even said they didn’t do it immediately to save the restaurants money, right in this thread. So you agree with my stance that money took priority over a public health crisis, yet you seem to want to attack that position. Weird. TDS still rages on. 

23 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Its not great optics, but she literally did nothing wrong, illegal or anything else.     Creating a news story about it was the dumb part.

Yeah, that's why a bunch of other outlets have picked up the story and/or written their own about it.  The story is the hypocrisy.  Sorry you don't see that.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah, that's why a bunch of other outlets have picked up the story and/or written their own about it.  The story is the hypocrisy.  Sorry you don't see that.

Oh so NOWWWWW you support what the MSM does?  Ok got it.

Our Gov did the SAME thing. 

Telling everyone to avoid gatherings outside your family, not more than 10 (or whatever) people, be outdoors, wear a mask IN BETWEEN BITES OF FOOD. Sets curfew for 10pm to 5am, because that's when you're more likely to break the social distancing rule and inhibitions are lowered. 

Goes to dinner at restaurant that's $850/plate with party of 12 that are not in his family. Closed room with no windows (one wall is completely glass). Other restaurant patrons said the party was being so loud (so there's your no singing/shouting rule) that they asked them to close the door. NO ONE had a mask on and they were less than 6 feet apart. 

Media absolutely needs to talk about this stuff. These people are keeping schools, businesses closed, telling us that hospitals are "overrun" with Covid cases and hundreds are dying on the daily. If our leaders who are breaking the state constitutions to make these rules, why the FOCK are they not included? 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Your even said they didn’t do it immediately to save the restaurants money, right in this thread. So you agree with my stance that money took priority over a public health crisis, yet you seem to want to attack that position. Weird. TDS still rages on. 

You are really adorable when you get cornered.  Like a little kitten.  It's cute.  Lashing out with those little claws.   HA HA HA

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Oh so NOWWWWW you support what the MSM does?  Ok got it.

Now you don't. Got it

31 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Depends how you define "wrong" I guess.   I will say I need to apologize for criticizing those here for getting annoyed at the politicians skirting the rules when they don't themselves, but I do get it's more about the hypocrisy involved.    This person did apparently say this:

During Tuesday’s L.A. County Board of Supervisors meeting, Kuehl referred to outside dining as “a most dangerous situation” over what she described as a risk of tables of unmasked patrons potentially exposing their servers to the coronavirus.

“This is a serious health emergency and we must take it seriously,” Kuehl said.

“The servers are not protected from us, and they’re not protected from their other tables that they’re serving at that particular time, plus all the hours in which they’re working.”

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

So you find no hypocrisy in a woman voting for dining to be shut down while going on about how dangerous it is and then quickly going out to add to the "danger" right before the deadline? 

Ok then.

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

So you find no hypocrisy in a woman voting for dining to be shut down while going on about how dangerous it is and then quickly going out to add to the "danger" right before the deadline? 

Ok then.

SuperMike seems a little testy today.  Probably PMS.

Ok then.

Jesus...It's hard enough dealing with one dummy, now I gotta deal with two?

I said the article was gotcha journalism.  Because it was.   The way it was written, the headline, all of it.  And I hate that crap.

That's ALL I said. But you guys just get so wound up that you literally leak brain cells.  It's bad.

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I said the article was gotcha journalism.  Because it was.   The way it was written, the headline, all of it.  And I hate that crap.

Well written factual headline.  There are many examples of what you claim, this wasn't one of them.

Just now, supermike80 said:

Jesus...It's hard enough dealing with one dummy, now I gotta deal with two?

That's ALL I said. But you guys just get so wound up that you literally leak brain cells.  It's bad.

If you read enough that is how most headlines are written.  

You said it was a non story.  

It is very hypocritical of these elected officials.

What part of thr heandline is incorrect and has you so up in arms? You must get mad about 90% of journalism these days.

But please keep calling me a dummy and throwing a tantrum.

22 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

If you read enough that is how most headlines are written.  

You said it was a non story.  

It is very hypocritical of these elected officials.

What part of thr heandline is incorrect and has you so up in arms? You must get mad about 90% of journalism these days.

But please keep calling me a dummy and throwing a tantrum.

Ugh..No part of the headline is incorrect.  Jesus

Ugh..No part of the headline is incorrect.  Jesus

Then I have no idea what you are babbling off the rails about.

Factual headline.  It is indeed hypocrisy.

Yet here you are outraged at "gotcha journalism" rattling off countless posts.

Weird stuff.

Then I have no idea what you are babbling off the rails about.

Factual headline.  It is indeed hypocrisy.

Yet here you are outraged at "gotcha journalism" rattling off countless posts.

Weird stuff.

Ok.  Good stuff.