Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

38 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Is former MLB player Aubrey Huff a member here?

Smart man. I see all the limp wrists are here crying about it. 

You are the same people who would have told our founding fathers that British taxes are good for the colony. Sad really. When you ready history what's it like knowing you wouldn't have sided with George Washington?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

You hang out with him a few times or something?

Oh yeah. All the time. We’re best friends. 🙄

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Oh yeah. All the time. We’re best friends. 🙄

So you don't know him. Gotcha.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Smart man. I see all the limp wrists are here crying about it. 

You are the same people who would have told our founding fathers that British taxes are good for the colony. Sad really. When you ready history what's it like knowing you wouldn't have sided with George Washington?

Pretty sure I can care about our elderly, obese, people with cancer and other diseases while also be concerned about government overreach at the same time.

I can also walk and chew gum at the same time.   

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Pretty sure I can care about our elderly, obese, people with cancer and other diseases while also be concerned about government overreach at the same time.

Doubt it.

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

That's not what some state's governors/mayors are asking you to do. They are telling people what to do without giving a crap about the people.

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The man’s a piece of shite. That’s all. Read into it how ever you want. 

Stop whining man. Why are you getting all worked up over a has been baseball player? What makes him any different than the other million idiots with a twitter feed? You feel good now? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Stop whining man. Why are you getting all worked up over a has been baseball player? 

I almost feel bad for you. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I almost feel bad for you. 

You do? You’re the one whining about a guy who played baseball and what he said on twitter. Sheez

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You do? You’re the one whining about a guy who played baseball and what he said on twitter. Sheez

And you accuse me of lying?  I get that this is where you get all of your attention from but, come on, stop trying so hard.

I really need to stop replying to you. It’s obvious that other’s replies to you on here is what keeps you going every day. 

40 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Doubt it.

My dad is 75 years old and has cardiovascular disease; He is not obese in the least and walks on a treadmill every day but he's old.   My neighbor who is one of my wife's good friends was diagnosed with colon cancer 5 years ago, it spread to her liver and lungs.  She is the salt of the earth....never drank or smoked but is in a good place right now.  Her kids and my kids are best friends, play together every day after this virtual school nonsense.  Do you know why I social distance and wear a mask at the grocery store?  Not for me.  For Them.

With that said, in America, government has no right playing dictator.  I am not for mandatory shutdowns of businesses and mask mandates.  Gov't's role imo is to educate and advise the best they can for the private sector.  That doesn't mean I can't still call you a dickhead for being  selfish and ignorant.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

And you accuse me of lying?  I get that this is where you get all of your attention from but, come on, stop trying so hard.

I really need to stop replying to you. It’s obvious that other’s replies to you on here is what keeps you going every day. 

I said whining, not lying. And you don’t lie so much technically, but you are dishonest. 

8 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

My dad is 75 years old and had cardiovascular disease; He is not obese in the least and walks on a treadmill every day but he's old.   My neighbor who is one of my wife's good friends was diagnosed with colon cancer 5 years ago, it spread to her liver and lungs.  She is the salt of the earth....never drank or smoked but is in a good place right now.  Her kids and my kids are best friends, play together every day after this virtual school nonsense.  Do you know why I social distance and wear a mask at the grocery store?  Not for me.  For Them.

With that said, in America, government has no right playing dictator.  I am not for mandatory shutdowns of businesses and mask mandates.  Gov't's role imo is to educate and advise the best they can for the private sector.  That doesn't mean I can't still call you a dickhead for being  selfish and ignorant.  

I don't wear a mask for the same reason. The general public wearing masks have increased infections. This can be seen in every single place that has a strict mask mandate. This has been shown in studies. I just posted an article from the NYT of all places that showed masks DO NOT WORK. 

If you want to live your lie and that makes me the bad guy I can live with that. The simple fact is masks are a placebo that makes the general public FEEL like they are doing something. Even though all it's doing is making it worse.

10 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I don't wear a mask for the same reason. The general public wearing masks have increased infections. This can be seen in every single place that has a strict mask mandate. This has been shown in studies. I just posted an article from the NYT of all places that showed masks DO NOT WORK. 

If you want to live your lie and that makes me the bad guy I can live with that. The simple fact is masks are a placebo that makes the general public FEEL like they are doing something. Even though all it's doing is making it worse.

That's fine.  However there has to be more nuance than people cheering on nonsense like this (like you did).  

Caring for others, while also holding true to values isn't being "limp wristed".  I'd argue the opposite.  

If a business says you have to wear a mask in order to come in, then wear the mask or don't come in. It's that simple.

This is no different than no shirt no shoes no service.

Be a God damn grown up. You don't like it? Don't come in.

But don't think you're making some epic stand by yelling at some teenager at Walmart about how the guy from Newsmax told you there's a difference between an order and a law.

Jesus.  Everybody thinks they're fulkking entitled. A business tells you you have to wear  clown shoes and a red nose in order to come in, then either wear them or don't and don't come in.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

I just posted an article from the NYT of all places that showed masks DO NOT WORK. 

I missed that, can you post again?

Just now, TimHauck said:

I missed that, can you post again?

No, do your own research.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

No, do your own research.

Ok I misread your sentence as saying this particular "study" said they increased infections.   Assuming you're referring to this one which was discussed a few pages back (https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6817), it didn't say '"MASKS DON'T WORK," it said there was not a significant difference, even though in their study a lower % of mask wearers got it than non-mask wearers.

But this study was only for seeing if it helped the wearer, it does not address that the primary purpose of masks are moreso to protect other people from the wearer.

You have not shared any links for actual studies saying masks actually INCREASE infection, because they don't exist.   A survey asking people if they wore masks at Home Depot is not a study.

You want to stop the spread? Wash your hands, and STOP TOUCHING YOUR FACE!!!

All you mask Nazis touch your face on average once every 20 seconds. All because you're constantly adjusting your stupid focking mask. What's worse is every single one of you grab the mask right where your nose and mouth breath out of. So everything you've touched is now on your mask and if you're sick you're constantly spreading it everywhere BECAUSE YOU KEEP TOUCHING YOUR MASK! 

That is why mask in the general public do not work. That is what the science says. That is what the studies say. BuT Muh MaSk KEepS mE aNd OthErs PRotEcTed. 

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Ok I misread your sentence as saying this particular "study" said they increased infections.   Assuming you're referring to this one which was discussed a few pages back (https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6817), it didn't say '"MASKS DON'T WORK," it said there was not a significant difference, even though in their study a lower % of mask wearers got it than non-mask wearers.

But this study was only for seeing if it helped the wearer, it does not address that the primary purpose of masks are moreso to protect other people from the wearer.

You have not shared any links for actual studies saying masks actually INCREASE infection, because they don't exist.   A survey asking people if they wore masks at Home Depot is not a study.

I have shared a half dozen probably more over the months and no that is not one I've shared.

But this study was only for seeing if it helped the wearer, it does not address that the primary purpose of masks are moreso to protect other people from the wearer.

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

You want to stop the spread? Wash your hands, and STOP TOUCHING YOUR FACE!!!

All you mask Nazis touch your face on average once every 20 seconds. All because you're constantly adjusting your stupid focking mask. What's worse is every single one of you grab the mask right where your nose and mouth breath out of. So everything you've touched is now on your mask and if you're sick you're constantly spreading it everywhere BECAUSE YOU KEEP TOUCHING YOUR MASK! 

That is why mask in the general public do not work. That is what the science says. That is what the studies say. BuT Muh MaSk KEepS mE aNd OthErs PRotEcTed. 

Again, I'll give you that there are several studies saying there is not a significant difference for the wearer.   But I haven't seen any saying it's worse.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Again, I'll give you that there are several studies saying there is not a significant difference for the wearer.   But I haven't seen any saying it's worse.

Clearly, masks don't work. That's why surgeons have been wearing them while standing over open wounds and surgical incisions and around immune compromised people  for 200 years now.

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Clearly, masks don't work. That's why surgeons have been wearing them while standing over open wounds and surgical incisions and around immune compromised people  for 200 years now.

Surgeons and medical professionals practice good mask discipline.  The public doesn't, and that reduces the effectiveness.

He would say it makes it worse than wearing any mask at all, but I think the main thing it does is stop all of your gross breath from getting on other people.

3 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

How come you keep showing the same lack of intelligence by saying the same things over and over? 

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

How come you keep showing the same lack of intelligence by saying the same things over and over? 

Practicing to be a Trumper?

7 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Impressive level of stupid. 

Boston has rolled back to Phase 2, step 2. almost everything is closed. :overhead:  (for 3 weeks)  :lol:

7 hours ago, wiffleball said:

You think wearing a new disposable mask, each time you need one, works better or worse than wearing the same cloth one for 9 months and not washing it?

10 minutes ago, edjr said:

You think wearing a new disposable mask, each time you need one, works better or worse than wearing the same cloth one for 9 months and not washing it?

I'm with Wiff.  We should all wear masks at all times.  1 life lost is too many!

The homeless have been wearing masks since the beginning.  Just ask Wiff, 0 outbreak in the homeless community and that has to be because of masks.

4 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I'm with Wiff.  We should all wear masks at all times.  1 life lost is too many!

The homeless have been wearing masks since the beginning.  Just ask Wiff, 0 outbreak in the homeless community and that has to be because of masks.

or because no one goes near those dirty focks?

14 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

At the end of the day even if ONLY the elderly, those with pre-existing conditions and healthcare workers get it, deaths will plummet.  

The problem with that is the Chinavirus will still be around......but less deadly.  

If we want to eradicate it, think polio, then it’s a true group effort.  

We don't need to eradicate it, we just need to make it less deadly and we can get on with our lives.

11 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The man’s a piece of shite. That’s all. Read into it how ever you want. 

Well to be brutally honest, we can survive without old and fat people.  We can't survive without freedom.  It's a terrible thing to say, but it's true.

• Like 1

This one chart is the proof Pfizer's vaccine works | MIT Technology Review

What the data shows is that during the first week after getting their shots, both groups of people kept getting covid-19 at about the same rate. But after that, the lines start to separate. And they just keep separating and separating.

That’s the result of the vaccine taking effect, which usually takes a few days and gets boosted by a second dose. After two weeks, hardly anyone with the vaccine was getting covid-19. But the disease kept striking those who got the placebo with clockwork regularity.

7 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

This one chart is the proof Pfizer's vaccine works | MIT Technology Review

What the data shows is that during the first week after getting their shots, both groups of people kept getting covid-19 at about the same rate. But after that, the lines start to separate. And they just keep separating and separating.

That’s the result of the vaccine taking effect, which usually takes a few days and gets boosted by a second dose. After two weeks, hardly anyone with the vaccine was getting covid-19. But the disease kept striking those who got the placebo with clockwork regularity.

if it's so deadly, why would people risk being in this test? :wacko:  

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Boston has rolled back to Phase 2, step 2. almost everything is closed. :overhead:  (for 3 weeks)  :lol:

Based on the SCARY WEATHER REPORTS it doesn't matter.  You're about to be blanketed in eleven billion inches of snow.

PANIC

45 million people affected!!

AHHHHHHHHH

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Are those the options?