Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

TLDR:

It is because of the much larger pool of people that are vaccinated. The numbers out of UK are very promising on the efficiency of the vaccine.

Yes, I completely understand that. That's why I clearly stated that I'm glad the numbers are down. You want to judge the game based on the first quarter stats, we've got a ways to go to know for sure how all of this is going to work out.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Ending up in the hospital because of Covid means it's severe. Almost half of those folks are vaccinated.

The rest of your post is trying to put words in my mouth, stop projecting issues you have with other posters on to me. You lose what little credibility you have left when you do those sort of things. You should consider taking a break, this stuff has consumed you.

But as MTSKiBum also pointed out, that still means the vaccines are working because of the % of people vaccinated.   Yes it's a bummer some vaccinated people are getting it badly, but your exact words were it's "troublesome," a "coin flip," and "not good news."  Those are not accurate descriptions of the vaccine. 

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Yes, I completely understand that. That's why I clearly stated that I'm glad the numbers are down. You want to judge the game based on the first quarter stats, we've got a ways to go to know for sure how all of this is going to work out.

Ah moving the goalposts now I see.   From the vaccine is "a coin flip," to "we don't know for sure how all of this is going to work out"....

27 minutes ago, Reality said:

Judge what game?

My only point is that the vaccination numbers that are being published look extremely good for places in the world that have received one of the western vaccines and UK's data yesterday further backs that up.

37 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Ah moving the goalposts now I see.   From the vaccine is "a coin flip," to "we don't know for sure how all of this is going to work out"....

Well, it looks like Delta is more contagious but, less harmful. Some more data obviously needs to be gathered before we make any proclamations, see Israel.

Not sure what possible issue you could see with that but, here we are.

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

Well, it looks like Delta is more contagious but, less harmful. Some more data obviously needs to be gathered before we make any proclamations, see Israel.

Not sure what possible issue you could see with that but, here we are.

It "looks like" Delta is less harmful BECAUSE OF THE VACCINES!  Good grief man.

It's not less harmful in countries with a low % of vaccinated folks.  We probably don't know if it's any "more" harmful, but it's certainly at least comparable as several countries are seeing comparable or even more deaths than they have since the pandemic began.

Yes, we probably need to "wait 2 weeks" to see it play out further in Israel.  But so far, it's still looking promising for the vaccines.   On 6/1, their 7 day average new cases was 17.   On 6/29 (3 weeks ago), they were over 200.  And yet since then, they have only had 22 TOTAL deaths.       Meanwhile, in the UK, they have been at about 10k new cases a day for over month but have seen only a minimal increase in deaths.   That's because of the vaccines, not because "Delta is less harmful."

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It's not less harmful in countries with a low % of vaccinated folks.  We probably don't know if it's any "more" harmful, but it's certainly at least comparable as several countries are seeing comparable or even more deaths than they have since the pandemic began.

Yes, we probably need to "wait 2 weeks" to see it play out further in Israel.  But so far, it's still looking promising for the vaccines.   On 6/1, their 7 day average new cases was 17.   On 6/29 (3 weeks ago), they were over 200.  And yet since then, they have only had 22 TOTAL deaths.       Meanwhile, in the UK, they have been at about 10k new cases a day for over month but have seen only a minimal increase in deaths.   That's because of the vaccines, not because "Delta is less harmful."

Yes, I'm aware that you like to make proclamations. People can cherry pick areas to make any argument they want. There are many variables to take into consideration when comparing wealthy and poor countries.

I'll take the wait and see approach.

What a chart of nonsense.  What happened in world around July 8 that everyone had a spike? :dunno:

34 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Is our southern border still open, letting in untested, unvaccinated illegal aliens and sending them out into the country? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Reality said:

Yes, I'm aware that you like to make proclamations. People can cherry pick areas to make any argument they want. There are many variables to take into consideration when comparing wealthy and poor countries.

I'll take the wait and see approach.

It's not just poor countries, although they are more of the ones with low vaccinated populations.      I admit I'm not a geography buff...is Indonesia a "poor country"?

But even Japan for example saw deaths peak toward the end of May 2021 at their highest point of the pandemic.  Their % of people that had received even 1 dose by that point? 7%.

It's fine to question how long immunity from the vaccine will last.   But so far, the data has been overwhelmingly positive in countries across the world, especially for the vaccines that the US is administering.   The only "disappointment" so far is the effectiveness against "cases" of the Delta variant.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

What a chart of nonsense.  What happened in world around July 8 that everyone had a spike? :dunno:

LOL, the chart probably could have been labeled better but "Jul 1" on the chart is referring to 2020.  You'd think any idiot could figure out that an entire wave of cases/deaths was longer than a day or two.   But not TimmySmith!

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

LOL, the chart probably could have been labeled better but "Jul 1" on the chart is referring to 2020.  You'd think any idiot could figure out that an entire wave of cases/deaths was longer than a day or two.   But not TimmySmith!

I'll have to assume you're on it there, so OK what happened around Jan 1 where the whole world spiked?  

39 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I'll have to assume you're on it there, so OK what happened around Jan 1 where the whole world spiked?  

Winter in many of the countries that saw peaks around then most likely.   I believe it may be "winter" now in Africa but I don't think it actually gets that cold.

But you're missing the point of the charts.   Regardless of when case peaks happened in 2020 (and the very beginning of 2021), deaths followed.  Recently,  cases have been rising in many countries.   But so far deaths have only followed in countries with a low % of vaccinated residents.

It's kind of strange how some want to judge this thing in a vacuum each time there is an uptick. Like things haven't drastically changed since we first encountered Covid. Are we better at treating those infected when hospitalized? Are there simply less highly vulnerable / weak folks available to be infected and subsequently die? Plus, obviously, vaccines. Was there a segment of the population that was going to die off no matter how we responded initially? 

I don't know but, to compare numbers from the beginning to now, with all we've learned since  without taking that into account seems silly.

29 minutes ago, Reality said:

It's kind of strange how some want to judge this thing in a vacuum each time there is an uptick. Like things haven't drastically changed since we first encountered Covid. Are we better at treating those infected when hospitalized? Are there simply less highly vulnerable / weak folks available to be infected and subsequently die? Plus, obviously, vaccines. Was there a segment of the population that was going to die off no matter how we responded initially? 

I don't know but, to compare numbers from the beginning to now, with all we've learned since  without taking that into account seems silly.

I agree, but like Timmy you are missing the main point of those charts.  The point was not to compare the beginning to now, the point was to compare now to now.  Right now, many countries are seeing increasing cases.   But the only ones that are also seeing a large increase in deaths are ones where the % of people vaccinated is low.   And that's not just in poor countries, although they are more likely to have a lower vaccinated %.

Yes, we'll have some more data in a few weeks, and this isn't 100% definitive proof that the vaccines are the only reason, but it's a pretty damn good indicator, especially when you combine it with the real world data comparing the vaccinated vs unvaccinated in places like Israel and the UK that is showing they are very effective at preventing severe disease and death.

So now the Dems aren't going to disclose when people from their party get Covid, due to the idiocy of the Texas Democrats.   Now that's a good way to encourage people to get vaccinated!!!  Most transparent administration ever!!!

😂

• Like 1

My unvaxxed teens got it on vacay. They all lost some degree of taste/smell for a while and had an annoying stuffy nose.  

4 hours ago, Fireballer said:

My unvaxxed teens got it on vacay. They all lost some degree of taste/smell for a while and had an annoying stuffy nose.  

Sorry for your loss. Damn thing is a real killer. If only they would have been filled with a toxic substance.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Sorry for your loss. Damn thing is a real killer. If only they would have been filled with a toxic substance.

I've been trying to spend as much time as possible with my buddy who got vaxxed about 7 months ago.

15 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I agree, but like Timmy you are missing the main point of those charts.  The point was not to compare the beginning to now, the point was to compare now to now.  Right now, many countries are seeing increasing cases.   But the only ones that are also seeing a large increase in deaths are ones where the % of people vaccinated is low.   And that's not just in poor countries, although they are more likely to have a lower vaccinated %.

Yes, we'll have some more data in a few weeks, and this isn't 100% definitive proof that the vaccines are the only reason, but it's a pretty damn good indicator, especially when you combine it with the real world data comparing the vaccinated vs unvaccinated in places like Israel and the UK that is showing they are very effective at preventing severe disease and death.

Nonsense, those countries are in the infancy of their covid experience and that is where the most fatties and old people die. These are 3rd world countries where health care is limited. Your beloved chart could mean something or mean absolutely nothing. 

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Nonsense, those countries are in the infancy of their covid experience and that is where the most fatties and old people die. These are 3rd world countries where health care is limited. Your beloved chart could mean something or mean absolutely nothing. 

So your claim is these poor third world countries were able to prevent the pandemic from hitting them for the first year and a half?  Lol.

Edit:  And again not all of the countries that saw some of their highest deaths recently are poor.

My son was vaccinated yesterday because the college he's going to requires it. Up all night sick as a dog. He had Covid last November, only symptom was loss of smell and taste. 

His positive test should have been enough to clear him but, this virus has turned everybody into focking idiots. I've mentioned it before but, he's an athlete that will be running track at a D1 school. If this virus causes long term side effects like the heart issue, I'm probably going to drive to the school murder somebody. I'm only sort of joking.

So over this bullshlt.

9 minutes ago, Reality said:

My son was vaccinated yesterday because the college he's going to requires it. Up all night sick as a dog. He had Covid last November, only symptom was loss of smell and taste. 

His positive test should have been enough to clear him but, this virus has turned everybody into focking idiots. I've mentioned it before but, he's an athlete that will be running track at a D1 school. If this virus causes long term side effects like the heart issue, I'm probably going to drive to the school murder somebody. I'm only sort of joking.

So over this bullshlt.

I agree, prior positive test should waive any vaccine requirements.

44 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So your claim is these poor third world countries were able to prevent the pandemic from hitting them for the first year and a half?  Lol.

If your fake chart shows 1 thing, this is it. Now comes the time for you to start deflecting about how I am stating there was no covid in those countries. 

47 minutes ago, Reality said:

So over this bullshlt.

This is fuking criminal😡😡😡

These schools are also making distance learning students who will NEVER visit the campus to get jabbed.

54 minutes ago, Reality said:

So over this bullshlt.

So the question is, why do they really want him vaxxed?  Obviously has nothing to do with science and covid. 

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

So the question is, why do they really want him vaxxed?  Obviously has nothing to do with science and covid. 

It's setting precedent of how much government control and over reach we will tolerate in a "crisis".  Maybe not vaccines, but similar over reaches will continue during the climate "crisis" that will just escalate the loss of control we have on our lives.

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

If your fake chart shows 1 thing, this is it. Now comes the time for you to start deflecting about how I am stating there was no covid in those countries. 

The chart doesn't even show that though.   All the countries except one have prior waves on the chart, most of them multiple.   And it doesn't include prior to July 2020 where there could have been an initial wave.  But if anything, deaths in those countries especially in the earlier waves were probably undercounted due to lack of testing/resources.

It's funny, I know some on here claimed there "was no pandemic" in some third world countries last year, either because they "don't watch TV" or "don't have as many fatties" or something to that effect.   Well for Haiti that may be somewhat true since their life expectancy is like 64 so hard to kill people that are already dead.   But now it's more goalpost moving from the GC, all of the sudden poor countries with crappy sanitation and living conditions were somehow able to hold off this contagious virus for a year and a half.

You must be the most math illiterate poster I've ever come across on an internet forum.  And that's saying something since I also post on college/international wrestling forums and there's some real meatheads on there.  Do you still think Table 2 from the CDC flu summary shows the CFR by age?

How about we quit calling this crap a vaccine. It is not. it's not even close. 

https://www.cdc.gov/healthyschools/bam/diseases/vaccine-basics.htm

Definition per the CDC: Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person's immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease.

Definition of 'immunity': Immunity refers to the body's ability to prevent the invasion of pathogens.

For those that have been brainwashed by the constant changing of rhetoric as their previous claims fail over time. I'll summarize here.

First it was 1 does is all ya need. 95% effective. You will be immune. It's a 'vaccine' and by definition a vaccine makes you immune.
Then came, " 2 doses is all ya need".
Then it was  'You will just need a booster in the fall."
Now we are at "It was just to lessens the symptoms." They are pimping this BS out the ass right now due to the massive #s of jabbed people coming down with covid.

Now as far as that 95% BS, this was an article back in February. 

One common misunderstanding is that 95% efficacy means that in the Pfizer clinical trial, 5% of vaccinated people got COVID. But that's not true; the actual percentage of vaccinated people in the Pfizer (and Moderna) trials who got COVID-19 was about a hundred times less than that: 0.04%.  Um, that's now proven to be BS. 6 outta 50 of those demtards that were vaxxed got it anyway. That's 12% right there.

3 hours ago, Reality said:

So over this bullshlt.

Well he will soon be able to take another jab to counter the toxic jab he received.

But I thought only 3 people have died from the vaccine - the blood clot thing? 

10 minutes ago, lod001 said:

How about we quit calling this crap a vaccine. It is not. it's not even close. 

https://www.cdc.gov/healthyschools/bam/diseases/vaccine-basics.htm

Definition per the CDC: Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person's immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease.

Definition of 'immunity': Immunity refers to the body's ability to prevent the invasion of pathogens.

For those that have been brainwashed by the constant changing of rhetoric as their previous claims fail over time. I'll summarize here.

First it was 1 does is all ya need. 95% effective. You will be immune. It's a 'vaccine' and by definition a vaccine makes you immune.
Then came, " 2 doses is all ya need".
Then it was  'You will just need a booster in the fall."
Now we are at "It was just to lessens the symptoms." They are pimping this BS out the ass right now due to the massive #s of jabbed people coming down with covid.

Now as far as that 95% BS, this was an article back in February. 

One common misunderstanding is that 95% efficacy means that in the Pfizer clinical trial, 5% of vaccinated people got COVID. But that's not true; the actual percentage of vaccinated people in the Pfizer (and Moderna) trials who got COVID-19 was about a hundred times less than that: 0.04%.  Um, that's now proven to be BS. 6 outta 50 of those demtards that were vaxxed got it anyway. That's 12% right there.

So the flu vaccine isn't a vaccine either?

5 year old in Georgia died from Covid, no co- morbidities reported. If there are a few more of these cases it’s troubling and most likely to result in things being handled differently. 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

The chart doesn't even show that though.   All the countries except one have prior waves on the chart, most of them multiple.   And it doesn't include prior to July 2020 where there could have been an initial wave.  But if anything, deaths in those countries especially in the earlier waves were probably undercounted due to lack of testing/resources.

It's funny, I know some on here claimed there "was no pandemic" in some third world countries last year, either because they "don't watch TV" or "don't have as many fatties" or something to that effect.   Well for Haiti that may be somewhat true since their life expectancy is like 64 so hard to kill people that are already dead.   But now it's more goalpost moving from the GC, all of the sudden poor countries with crappy sanitation and living conditions were somehow able to hold off this contagious virus for a year and a half.

You must be the most math illiterate poster I've ever come across on an internet forum.  And that's saying something since I also post on college/international wrestling forums and there's some real meatheads on there.  Do you still think Table 2 from the CDC flu summary shows the CFR by age?

:lol:  3rd world countries having deaths mirror cases = the vax works in 1st world countries.  Someone check my math. 

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol:  3rd world countries having deaths mirror cases = the vax works in 1st world countries.  Someone check my math. 

When 1st world countries (with more vaccinated populations) are not having deaths mirror cases, then yeah that's pretty much the explanation.  Your explanation is that the 3rd world countries didn't have covid hit until recently, right?  Already checked your math on that, it's wrong.

...and it's not just 3rd world countries.   Low vaccinated countries including Japan saw similarly recently with deaths mirroring as well.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

5 year old in Georgia died from Covid, no co- morbidities reported. If there are a few more of these cases it’s troubling and most likely to result in things being handled differently. 

It's gonna happen. Although swine flu wasn't as deadly(supposedly), I can't figure out why no school closings for a virus that actually attacked kids, way more than adults. And, we just quit counting. 

😂  For timtard. This is local news in MASS. since he likes to blabber that I'm pulling info from fringe sites.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/more-than-5100-breakthrough-covid-cases-reported-in-mass-at-least-80-have-died/2435719/

1500 cases among the VACCINATED. 80 DEAD. That's D-E-A-D. The crapola didn't help them AT ALL. If you are a fatties or have multiple comorbidities, you are probably gonna die from this.

I told you this vax sh1t doesn't work and can kill you. VAERS now over 10000 reported dead from the vax. VAERS is historically only 1% of reported cases. You do the math.

But hey, it's preventing severe disease...if you don't die. 🤣 , that's the BS they have to pimp since they cannot claim it prevents covid anymore.

Soon they will not allow reports of any 'vaxxed' deaths. Wait for it.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

So the flu vaccine isn't a vaccine either?

Nope. They pimp it as a vaccine but by definition it is not.

I got the vax jax (both of em)  only had a sore arm, not a single side effect  📣