Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

Some good news.  Georgia was one of, or maybe THE first state to start opening up.  That was April 24th, almost three weeks ago.  So far there has been no spike, in fact cases, deaths and hospitalizations have all gone down.  Hopefully this continues and can be a guinea pig test for the rest of the country.  

https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Some good news.  Georgia was one of, or maybe THE first state to start opening up.  That was April 24th, almost three weeks ago.  So far there has been no spike, in fact cases, deaths and hospitalizations have all gone down.  Hopefully this continues and can be a guinea pig test for the rest of the country.  

https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

That would be awesome. In addition to opening early, they also opened places like tattoo parlors and bowling alleys that were suspect and could have been a problem.  If they can avoid a 2nd wave and have things continue to drop, then people can feel much better about not only opening up, but participating in an economy that is more open.  

Just heard that California already canceled college for the fall? I guess the PAC-10 isn’t playing this year. 

Trump having round table with CO and ND governors right now.

Polis is surprisingly sane for a Dem. Expect some backlash from the rabid left and fake news 

https://techcrunch.com/2020/05/13/fbi-dhs-china-coronavirus/?renderMode=ie11

In a rare joint public statement, the FBI and Homeland Security’s cybersecurity advisory unit CISA have accused top Chinese hackers of trying to steal U.S. research related to the coronavirus strain, known as COVID-19.

The statement, published today, said that Chinese hackers “have been observed attempting to identify and illicitly obtain valuable intellectual property and public health data related to vaccines, treatments and testing from networks and personnel associated with COVID-19-related research,” it reads.

These Mofo's are something else. 

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

People paid to enforce the law telling people not to enforce the law. Lol idiot. 

So what’s your stance on Sanctuary Cities? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Ha! Stupid Newbie34 providing the laughs once again! 

21 minutes ago, The Observer said:

People paid to enforce the law telling people not to enforce the law. Lol idiot. 

Coming from someone who goes onto fantasy football forums and announces his "fingerbanging" at construction sites.  :lol:

This is fvcking precious.

3 hours ago, The Observer said:

Did you know that if we did nothing, not evacuate or go inside houses, and people crowded the beach like it was a normal summer day, many many more americans would have died during Hurricane Katrina??   :shockedface:

Tell your hero Fauci. He advised the president that without mitigation 1.6 to 2.2 million dead. Science. Facts. 

16 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Don't have one

😂 

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Coming from someone who goes onto fantasy football forums and announces his "fingerbanging" at construction sites.  :lol:

This is fvcking precious.

That really screwed up your day huh?  Sorry about your school days man. Dungeons and Dragons was fun though I bet. 

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

That really screwed up your day huh?

No. It made it more funny. The comic relief does make the day better. Thanks Fingerbanger Newbs!!!!! You rock!!!

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

No. It made it more funny. The comic relief does make the day better. Thanks Fingerbanger Newbs!!!!! You rock!!!

I can't wait to wake up tommorow and see how much you were thinking about me at 2:00 am.  🤣🤣🤣

32 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Game. Set. Match.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I can't wait to wake up tommorow and see how much you were thinking about me at 2:00 am.  🤣🤣🤣

Get some rest kid. You’ll have A better day tomorrow. Hang in there.  

9 hours ago, The Observer said:

do you know how laws are made ?

7 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Remember when the scientists and political leaders said masks were bad ?

😆  

I do. When due to Trump's failure to prepare, our healthcare workers didn't have enough PPE do do their jobs without risking death. So they didn't want the public rushing to draw from an already minimal mask supply. 

7 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I do. When due to Trump's failure to prepare, our healthcare workers didn't have enough PPE do do their jobs without risking death. So they didn't want the public rushing to draw from an already minimal mask supply. 

Lol

What about flattening the curve ?

Eventually these goal post you sicko anti American pieces of schit keep moving will fall off the cliff, hopefully taking you scumbags with it. 

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

Eventually these goal post you sicko anti American pieces of schit keep moving will fall off the cliff, hopefully taking you scumbags with it. 

For a large percentage of the global population, there is no return to normal without a vaccine. Flattening the curve is step 1. Otherwise, we wouldn't be spending a ton of resources and money trying to find a cure.

Since you're the new Fauci, exactly what steps/safety measures are you suggesting we follow? Should we open everything up? No masks? No restrictions? 

7 minutes ago, drobeski said:

So angry  

8 minutes ago, Leeson said:

For a large percentage of the global population, there is no return to normal without a vaccine. Flattening the curve is step 1. Otherwise, we wouldn't be spending a ton of resources and money trying to find a cure.

Since you're the new Fauci, exactly what steps/safety measures are you suggesting we follow? Should we open everything up? No masks? No restrictions? 

Which yard line do we have the goal posts on now ? I've lost track 

Just now, drobeski said:

Which yard line do we have the goal posts on now ? I've lost track 

It was a pretty simple question. What measures do you agree with moving forward?

I suspect you just want to biotch, but don't want to actually draw any lines in the sand. It gives you the option to increase your complaining depending on how things progress. (better/worse).

1 hour ago, Leeson said:

It was a pretty simple question. What measures do you agree with moving forward?

I suspect you just want to biotch, but don't want to actually draw any lines in the sand. It gives you the option to increase your complaining depending on how things progress. (better/worse).

These discussions are moot, places all over the country are reopening with common sense guidelines. This is our new normal. People are pushing back in the more liberal states who seem to be in favor of holding people hostage as long as possible. Here's the thing, those states will start opening up soon as well.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

I have mixed feelings about these businesses who are deciding to go rogue and disregard government orders.  I believe one of the items in the new covid relief bill is liability immunity for businesses. So that they can't be sued if an outbreak is traced back to their establishment or workplace.  And I think that's a great idea.  If a business decides they aren't listening to state government and open up against orders, I don't think they should lose their business license or get fines.  But they should lose their liability immunity.

23 minutes ago, Reality said:

These discussions are moot, places all over the country are reopening with common sense guidelines. This is our new normal. People are pushing back in the more liberal states who seem to be in favor of holding people hostage as long as possible. Here's the thing, those states will start opening up soon as well.

Not sure what your point is? I asked him a simple question. Neither of you answered it. Instead you went off on some tangent. 

Drobeski made the comment in another thread that he would go to a restaurant and with "No, focking stupid mask either"

Seems like we have 3 groups of people in this country. Those that want to hold people hostage. Those that want to open up in a responsible way (masks, physical distancing, etc). And those that want to open everything up and have zero restrictions (no masks, no physical distancing). 

Which are you?

2 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Not sure what your point is? I asked him a simple question. Neither of you answered it. Instead you went off on some tangent. 

Drobeski made the comment in another thread that he would go to a restaurant and with "No, focking stupid mask either"

Seems like we have 3 groups of people in this country. Those that want to hold people hostage. Those that want to open up in a responsible way (masks, physical distancing, etc). And those that want to open everything up and have zero restrictions (no masks, no physical distancing). 

Which are you?

Masks in a restaurant are stupid.  Did you think to ask Drob if he would wear a mask in other public environments?  In a restaurant you would rely on other reasonable, responsible measures to prevent the spread of this virus.  Not believing in masks in a restaurant doesn't mean a person is unwilling to have any restrictions.

2 hours ago, Leeson said:

This is what should have happened.

On 3/13/2020 at 1:17 PM, Baker Boy said:

This is all so stupid! Isolate the old and the weak and let everyone else live their normal lives. Their chance of dying from this is very small. Most of the people that need protection are the least productive members of our society so life goes on as normal. We don’t have to stop the world. 

and we could have added a decade or two to Social Security solvency.

2 hours ago, Leeson said:

Allow everyrhing to open back up. 

Those who choose to get back to life are free to do so.

Those who choose to stay locked down are free to do so.

• Like 1