Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

New Zealand did a fantastic job managing the pandemic. I’m jealous.

• Sad 1

19 year old - 4 out of 5 college classes now online/virtual

15 year old sophomore - all online schooling until January 2021

10 year old 5th grader - all online schooling until 2021

I can't tell you in how many ways this is bad.  This is going to be the dumbing of American kids ages 5-22.  Yet the private schools have started to open for the fall session in person.  And of course you can sign up for little league baseball, dance, tennis, soccer, and whatever else.  I suppose the china virus will only get you if you are in a public school or university.  I see Walmarts are all open?  hmmmm

1 minute ago, jocstrap said:

19 year old - 4 out of 5 college classes now online/virtual

15 year old sophomore - all online schooling until January 2021

10 year old 5th grader - all online schooling until 2021

I can't tell you in how many ways this is bad.  This is going to be the dumbing of American kids ages 5-22.  Yet the private schools have started to open for the fall session in person.  And of course you can sign up for little league baseball, dance, tennis, soccer, and whatever else.  I suppose the china virus will only get you if you are in a public school or university.  I see Walmarts are all open?  hmmmm

City/state ? 

1 minute ago, jocstrap said:

Alabama USA 

Wow. I never would have guessed that. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I'm jealous of them too. They don't have you there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

More people have died of pneumonia, but nobody ever talks about that. 

Doesn’t fit the liberal agenda. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

You should move there. Or anywhere really. TIA. 

2 hours ago, MDC said:

yep, thats what happens when you have a small population on an island that doesnt riot or protest everything

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

yep, thats what happens when you have a small population on an island that doesnt riot or protest everything

What’s the excuse for all the other countries doing better than us?

1 minute ago, MDC said:

What’s the excuse for all the other countries doing better than us?

they use hydroxychloroquine

I am sure you need to hear orange man bad or go with that, but hes followed your king Fauci

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

If MDC lived there he would be whining that he and his wife couldn't get adult diapers with enough absorption to accommodate their needs.

But there are also hard times ahead, as the Colorado Restaurant Association's July survey indicates. In it, 35 percent of member restaurants reported that they will consider closing within three months if current conditions continue, and 65 percent said they wouldn't make it six months. Their biggest needs, according to the survey, are cash and increased capacity.

https://www.westword.com/restaurants/every-denver-restaurant-and-bar-opening-and-closing-july-2020-11761553

:(

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

We don't need Snopes, we've got @tanatastic.  He just knows things. :thumbsup:

It has promise as both a preventive and a therapeutic.  I found the 2005 Virology Journal article regarding the SARS coronavirus:

https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-422X-2-69

Stop acting like something that “showed promise” vs SARS means you have some kind of smoking gun against me when talking about it’s usefulness vs COVID-19. 

If it did prevent/cure/treat Covid it would be used worldwide and there would be no pandemic. There is, it doesn’t. That’s simply the end of the discussion. You don’t have any “GOTCHA!” here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Stop acting like something that “showed promise” vs SARS means you have some kind of smoking gun against me when talking about it’s usefulness vs COVID-19. 

If it did prevent/cure/treat Covid it would be used worldwide and there would be no pandemic. There is, it doesn’t. That’s simply the end of the discussion. You don’t have any “GOTCHA!” here. 

There's no middle ground between "total cure" and "totally useless?"  Something like "helpful under certain circumstances", maybe?   BTW, it is being used worldwide.

32 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Well. As AOC and all the other Democrats have told us, the chinavirus has a much more profound affect on black people. New Zealand has very little. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

There's no middle ground between "total cure" and "totally useless?"  Something like "helpful under certain circumstances", maybe?   BTW, it is being used worldwide.

Yea there could be middle ground. I’m just saying it’s being loosely implied in this thread that it’s some magic cure but not being used “because Trump defended it” :blink:. If it was a thing, it would be a thing, that’s all I’m saying. 

7 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Yea there could be middle ground. I’m just saying it’s being loosely implied in this thread that it’s some magic cure but not being used “because Trump defended it” :blink:. If it was a thing, it would be a thing, that’s all I’m saying. 

But it is being used.  And working. 

I absolutely love the "look how everyone else is doing " argument.

I remember Latin America being brought up.  Even that lunatic Tim on FBG wanted to make that comparison. 

Now?  Nope.  Its rampant.

India Russia Mexico.  These are the nations that should be compared to.  Large populations.  Using new Zealand for christ sakes is just silly

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

But it is being used.  And working. 

If that was a verfiable thing, then it would be a thing that’s a thing. It wouldn’t just be some secret that only the GC knows. It would be widespread treatment.

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

If that was a verfiable thing, then it would be a thing that’s a thing. It wouldn’t just be some secret that only the GC knows. It would be widespread treatment.

Plenty of doctors are prescribing it. Yale university said it helps. Who says it doesn’t, Don Lemon? 

18 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Trump just wants to create the perception that covid is a hoax and the libs are keeping the cure from the masses to hurt his re-election chances. He knows the tubes are willing to take that and run with it. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Plenty of doctors are prescribing it. Yale university said it helps. Who says it doesn’t, Don Lemon? 

I asked my doctor if he would prescribe it. He said it he wouldn't, but thinks it definitely helps and would leave it to the hospital doctor.

He's scared the state will take away his license.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t know who that is, but if it helps that’s great. It must not help enough though because it’s not a thing yet. If it was a thing, it would be a thing. Sunscreen is a thing, I wear it and I don’t get a sunburn. Doesn’t matter if Don Rickles or whoever said it doesn’t work. I use it and it works, hence it’s a thing and not a debate or theory. I guess we will all see, we seem to not know enough about this virus yet and medical studies and such take a long time for definitive results.

32 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

The above statement is not consistent with the one below:

If it did prevent/cure/treat Covid it would be used worldwide and there would be no pandemic.

:dunno:

Just now, tanatastic said:

I don’t know who that is, but if it helps that’s great. It must not help enough though because it’s not a thing yet. If it was a thing, it would be a thing. Sunscreen is a thing, I wear it and I don’t get a sunburn. Doesn’t matter if Don Rickles or whoever said it doesn’t work. I use it and it works, hence it’s a thing and not a debate or theory. I guess we will all see, we seem to not know enough about this virus yet and medical studies and such take a long time for definitive results.

A "thing"? WTF does that even mean.  🤣

11 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I asked my doctor if he would prescribe it. He said it he wouldn't, but thinks it definitely helps and would leave it to the hospital doctor.

He's scared the state will take away his license.

In Michigan with Fuhrer Whitman, I don't blame him.

5 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Don’t wear a mask. You should wear a mask. You must wear a mask. Stop acting like the ones deciding haven’t been wrong during this.  

14 minutes ago, Strike said:

A "thing"? WTF does that even mean.  🤣

A thing is an object or concept that exists or is known or widely understood to be true by way of common sense or logic.  Apples are a thing. Drinking coffee to perk you up is a thing. Like if you said “bananas can cure blindness!” I’d say no, that’s not a thing. 

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Don’t wear a mask. You should wear a mask. You must wear a mask. Stop acting like the ones deciding haven’t been wrong during this.  

I don’t need scientists to tell me things that are basic logic. Wearing a mask simply keeps ones breath particles closer to themselves. If two people are facing each other and both wearing a simple mask, fewer particles will travel as far from their breathing thus lowering infection chance between them from airborne virus particles expelled from breath. Again, not a concept I got from Fauci or Walter Mathau or whoever. Just a concept that I can apply basic logic to and come to a conclusion. Unless I’m missing something, I haven’t understood how this very basic concept is being debated or questioned. It’s about as complicated as “wear a potholder to prevent a hot pan from burning your skin.”.

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

I don’t need scientists to tell me things that are basic logic. Wearing a mask simply keeps ones breath particles closer to themselves. If two people are facing each other and both wearing a simple mask, fewer particles will travel as far from their breathing thus lowering infection chance between them from airborne virus particles expelled from breath. Again, not a concept I got from Fauci or Walter Mathau or whoever. Just a concept that I can apply basic logic to and come to a conclusion. Unless I’m missing something, I haven’t understood how this very basic concept is being debated or questioned. It’s about as complicated as “wear a potholder to prevent a hot pan from burning your skin.”.

And yet Fauci and Birx said that masks were not only ineffective but bad.  They intentionally lied to us in a machiavellian attempt to rebuild the stockpile for the medical community.  So there is precedent of them calling a thing a not a thing.  :thumbsup:

If someone coughs in the face of someone or withing 5 ft they are feeble minded and should be castrated within 24 hrs. I have not seen anyone perform this act of deuchebaggery yet but sure there are some. By and large though that is not what is going on meaning the masks are phucking worthless. You a a retard for wearing it. It does not work based of pure science. It is a waste of phucking time. Everyone knows this including the CDC. Reason they said not to wear it right out the gate. Said it was stupid. Still going to die if you are a POS fat ass and get it or, you likely will. Lose some weight and stop eating pure unleaded sh!t 24/7 and give yourself a god damn chance. Mother of Mary Phucking Magdeline. We are a country of retarted phucktards.

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

And yet Fauci and Birx said that masks were not only ineffective but bad.  They intentionally lied to us in a machiavellian attempt to rebuild the stockpile for the medical community.  So there is precedent of them calling a thing a not a thing.  :thumbsup:

Fair enough I guess. I just don’t see it as a concept that needed validation from the top minds. 

9 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

This is a pretty vague statement.  Duke university devised a scientific method to check which "masks" are most effective and found a wide variation.  In one case, one type of mask is actually worse than wearing no mask at all:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/08/us/duke-university-face-mask-test-trnd/index.html

19 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

A thing is an object or concept that exists or is known or widely understood to be true by way of common sense or logic.  Apples are a thing. Drinking coffee to perk you up is a thing. Like if you said “bananas can cure blindness!” I’d say no, that’s not a thing. 

And you think common sense or logic indicates the following:

If it did prevent/cure/treat Covid it would be used worldwide and there would be no pandemic.

24 minutes ago, Strike said:

This is a pretty vague statement.  Duke university devised a scientific method to check which "masks" are most effective and found a wide variation.  In one case, one type of mask is actually worse than wearing no mask at all:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/08/us/duke-university-face-mask-test-trnd/index.html

Yes. The benefits of different types of masks are another topic. When discussing masks, I am assuming one of a beneficial standard. Using the following quote as a guideline for further reference...”The most effective mask was the fitted N95. Three-layer surgical masks and cotton masks, which many people have been making at home, also performed well” 

Another example to compare would be if I said “bullet proof vests work.” Well, obviously with that statement I am implying a known vest of proven stopping power and not, for example, a piece of cardboard.

7 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

It's really not that simple. Viruses travel in droplets, arousal and can live on surface First A virus is very small. Your mask to a virus is like a chain-link fence to a fly. Yes you're stopping some water vapor from going out but guess where it's staying? You now have a moist cloth around your most vulnerable areas for viral and bacterial infections. As you walk guess what has an easier time and more time to invade your mouth and nose? That virus you just picked up. Be sure to breathe in deeply... 

Secondly: When you exhale that air has to go somewhere it doesn't just vanish into a mask. Instead of going forward and down, it's now being vented through the sides and up into the air thanks to your mask. You're actually creating a larger cloud in your wake.

Third: Because wearing a mask isn't natural guess what you are constantly doing? Hell you don't even realize it, you're moving it up and down, you're sliding it to the side, you're pulling it from you're face, you're putting it on and taking it off. You're doing all that with unclean hands.

Wearing a mask restricts your breathing. Athletes use masks to simulate high altitude training. Why in the hell do you want to lower your oxygen levels?

Lastly, before everything was politicized the CDC has released a half dozen studies in the past 10 years that show wearing a mask does not stop or slow the spread of a virus. That's why Dr. Fauci laughed when asked about using a mask. It wasn't because he wanted to save them for doctors and nurses. He could have told everyone to use cloth masks. No, he laughed when asked about them, because he knows masks DO NOT WORK.

8 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Yes. The benefits of different types of masks are another topic. When discussing masks, I am assuming one of a beneficial standard. Using the following quote as a guideline for further reference...”The most effective mask was the fitted N95. Three-layer surgical masks and cotton masks, which many people have been making at home, also performed well” 

Another example to compare would be if I said “bullet proof vests work.” Well, obviously with that statement I am implying a known vest of proven stopping power and not, for example, a piece of cardboard.

Sorry, but science says N95 mask do not work either.

Smith, J.D. et al. (2016) “Effectiveness of N95 respirators versus surgical masks in protecting health care workers from acute respiratory infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” CMAJ Mar 2016 https://www.cmaj.ca/content/188/8/567

“We identified six clinical studies … . In the meta-analysis of the clinical studies, we found no significant difference between N95 respirators and surgical masks in associated risk of (a) laboratory-confirmed respiratory infection, (b) influenza-like illness, or (c) reported work-place absenteeism.”