Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

9 hours ago, drobeski said:

I did not, I was referring to the country.  That doesn't fit the narrative.  

Their hero Fauci actually claimed that NY did a good job. 

This is from today.

https://apple.news/AKRsGBKRYSAmfe9Rl5spi-w

On Wednesday, the country reported its highest number of deaths in a single day since mid-May, at nearly 1,500. The country has now seen its seven-day average of newly reported deaths remain above 1,000 for 17 consecutive days.

Georgia reported 105 deaths Wednesday, marking its second triple-digit day in a row. North Carolina reported an additional 45 deaths Wednesday, tying its highest daily number, from July 29. Texas reported 324 additional deaths from the disease.

16 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

This is from today.

On Wednesday, the country reported its highest number of deaths in a single day since mid-May, at nearly 1,500. The country has now seen its seven-day average of newly reported deaths remain above 1,000 for 17 consecutive days.

Georgia reported 105 deaths Wednesday, marking its second triple-digit day in a row. North Carolina reported an additional 45 deaths Wednesday, tying its highest daily number, from July 29. Texas reported 324 additional deaths from the disease.

Thats cool, are they distinguishing between those who died of covid and those that died of other causes, with covid ? 

Yet ?

21 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

This is from today.

How come the only report I can find for this is the politics section of a Jeff Bezos owned left wing rag without sourcing for the data?  I would think I could find this on CNN or something.

Here is something from CNN though:

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-08-12-20-intl/h_02cd74c103f6c0584ebf1ffd5755e2bc

What states should start doing is pre-counting deaths.  That way they can show a spike and then when they get deaths in the future, they can just attribute some of the percentage to the ones they pre-counted.  Easy way to get the numbers down.

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

This is from today.

And will still won’t try HCQ, maybe after the election.

32 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

If this pandemic has displayed one undeniable reality, it's that our local governments are vastly less competent than we all assumed.  It's frightening. 

And many don't mind being lied to over and over. 

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

And many don't mind being lied to over and over. 

This is very true, although this happened well before COVID. 

1 minute ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Never cared for the cokehead comedians era. Too bitchy and whiny.

Richard Pryor was a hack right?

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

No, that was Robin Williams.

4 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

No, that was Robin Williams.

Agreed.

13 minutes ago, edjr said:

We watched Pryor's first concert movie a month or so back. She had never seen it. It's still funny. 

23 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

We watched Pryor's first concert movie a month or so back. She had never seen it. It's still funny. 

I have watched some old 80s movies, comedy shows with my girl, she is 9 years younger than me, never saw any of it.

So great to share the classics with someone else and watch them enjoy it.

We watch Eddie Murphy - Delirious a couple of years ago. It started out a little rough for her. The stuff is a little much for most (today), but she ended up loving it.

6 hours ago, edjr said:

We watch Eddie Murphy - Delirious a couple of years ago. It started out a little rough for her. The stuff is a little much for most (today), but she ended up loving it.

The best part of that is when some chick is yelling at Eddie to take his clothes off and some dude yells out "Shut up, B!tch!"  The whole place loses it and Eddie on point says "y'all didn't know I was a ventriloquist!" :lol:

11 hours ago, Drizzay said:

The best part of that is when some chick is yelling at Eddie to take his clothes off and some dude yells out "Shut up, B!tch!"  The whole place loses it and Eddie on point says "y'all didn't know I was a ventriloquist!" :lol:

I recently became a ventriloquist. I am a natural, no one can see my lips move.. 😷

Guys, wear your masks! Its just for the next 3 months. Be a patriot at least until the election.  

Idiots!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Cool. Now come up with 160,000 more and you are all set. :rolleyes:

As far as Trump being the liar, I am not sure that you want to go down that road. If his lips are moving...

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

As far as Trump being the liar, I am not sure that you want to go down that road. If his lips are moving...

What would be an acceptable mortality rate? Deaths were inevitable, so what’s the number? 

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

Tests aren't required for a diagnosis.  Never have been.  It's all about what's on the death certificate.

COVID-19 deaths are identified using a new ICD–10 code. When COVID-19 is reported as a cause of death – or when it is listed as a “probable” or “presumed” cause — the death is coded as U07.1. This can include cases with or without laboratory confirmation.

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What would be an acceptable mortality rate? Deaths were inevitable, so what’s the number? 

I don't have an "acceptable" number. I don't think that we could have avoided all deaths and I do think that the numbers could have been a lot higher at this point. We can't bubble wrap everyone and prevent all deaths. We also can't just ignore that the virus exists and that it is serious. People are going to die and it is likely that will continue to happen even once we get a vaccine. 

I was pointing out that identifying 1 case where the death certificate may have been wrong is not really statistically significant when you are talking about over 160k dead. My guess is that there are some that weren't counted as COVID even though they were caused by the virus. 

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Depends. How many white people in this country are there?

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

How many of those 160k are lies too ? We've seen a ton of false cases and cause of death reporting ? Why do you so easily suck it up ? 

You're on the OMB agenda team, just admit it. It's beyond obvious.  

• Thanks 2

My whole house had covid...2 diabetics in their 70s with, 1 with lung cancer and the other with copd.  Me and wife in 50s.  I lost taste/smell and a runny nose sinus thing.  Wife had cough and sinus thing...copd mother in law still sounds terrible after 2 weeks but pulseox is ok.  Lung cancer FIL had a cough with some flem...fatigue and mild fever.  Thats it..FIL went to hospital due to low o2 but it was fine at hospital...probably cold hands...but white count was 0.9 which was bad...due to chemo but he seems fine now.  It wasnt near as scary as we thought.  

19 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I don't have an "acceptable" number. I don't think that we could have avoided all deaths and I do think that the numbers could have been a lot higher at this point. We can't bubble wrap everyone and prevent all deaths. We also can't just ignore that the virus exists and that it is serious. People are going to die and it is likely that will continue to happen even once we get a vaccine. 

I was pointing out that identifying 1 case where the death certificate may have been wrong is not really statistically significant when you are talking about over 160k dead. My guess is that there are some that weren't counted as COVID even though they were caused by the virus. 

You’re also throwing out the 160k number as an indicator of it not being taken seriously. So if it was taken seriously , what would the number be that should be expected? 

5 minutes ago, drobeski said:

How many of those 160k are lies too ? We've seen a ton of false cases and cause of death reporting ? Why do you so easily suck it up ? 

You're on the OMB agenda team, just admit it. It's beyond obvious.  

I think that you want to believe that there are a ton of false cases, but it doesn't make it true. I still can't fathom how you can think this is all just some conspiracy to take down Trump. 

Answer this one - if the Dems couldn't get Hillary elected in the first place despite winning the popular vote, how are they able to craft this elaborate "hoax" by getting all of these states to fudge their numbers, wreck the economy even though the Republicans control the Senate and WH, and the rest of the world to have people die?

BTW - I don't blame Trump for the virus. He has messed up a bunch of stuff along the way, but he didn't cause this or all of the deaths. 

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I think that you want to believe that there are a ton of false cases, but it doesn't make it true. I still can't fathom how you can think this is all just some conspiracy to take down Trump. 

Answer this one - if the Dems couldn't get Hillary elected in the first place despite winning the popular vote, how are they able to craft this elaborate "hoax" by getting all of these states to fudge their numbers, wreck the economy even though the Republicans control the Senate and WH, and the rest of the world to have people die?

BTW - I don't blame Trump for the virus. He has messed up a bunch of stuff along the way, but he didn't cause this or all of the deaths. 

The virus is not a conspiracy to take Trump down. The coverage of it and the Democrats blaming him for the 160k are. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re also throwing out the 160k number as an indicator of it not being taken seriously. So if it was taken seriously , what would the number be that should be expected? 

I think that we could have been below that 100k number right now if we handled some things better (lack of masks in some areas, delay in the mask thing overall, nursing home spread, etc.). There is plenty of blame pie to go around on this one and it is not like we had some sort of playbook to go by on this because it was new. I do think that the divisiveness in this country has contributed to our various failures (testing, mitigation, treatments, etc.). 

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

What did he mess up? Stopping travel from China and being called racist? What else?

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I think that we could have been below that 100k number right now if we handled some things better (lack of masks in some areas, delay in the mask thing overall, nursing home spread, etc.). There is plenty of blame pie to go around on this one and it is not like we had some sort of playbook to go by on this because it was new. I do think that the divisiveness in this country has contributed to our various failures (testing, mitigation, treatments, etc.). 

I’m willing to bet if we did away with the false reporting of covid deaths and cut the nursing home death rate in half we would be at or below that number. So a lot of blame lays with the ones who juked the stats and shoved people in nursing homes. 

Just now, Baker Boy said:

What did he mess up? Stopping travel from China and being called racist? What else?

There is not a more divisive person in this country right now than Trump. What we needed was someone who brought the country together and he has undermined even his own directives on this. It is not worth a debate because you are not going to change my opinion and I won't change yours.

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Too bad Biden and Pelosi were pushing their anti Trump agenda when he wanted a travel ban.Then later she called this the Trump virus. What can you say? Don't throw sick people into nursing homes? :dunno:

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Too bad Biden and Pelosi were pushing their anti Trump agenda when he wanted a travel ban.Then later she called this the Trump virus. What can you say? Don't throw sick people into nursing homes? :dunno:

How about NY getting off the hook?  Spread of the virus is squarely on them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/us/new-york-city-coronavirus-outbreak.html

8 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

There is not a more divisive person in this country right now than Trump. What we needed was someone who brought the country together and he has undermined even his own directives on this. It is not worth a debate because you are not going to change my opinion and I won't change yours.

The media has divided this country, nothing Trump can do will change that, this country is divided and will stay divided. Biden won’t unite this country if elected. 

and you still couldn’t provide any specific example. You got the hate bad buddy.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

There is literally nothing Trump can do that won't be portrayed as "dividing" the country.  Go back and look at the headlines when he instituted the travel ban.  He was lambasted as a racist for doing so, yet that travel ban undoubtedly saved lives.  Then, when it was shown that the travel ban was a good thing, the headlines changed to the travel ban not going far enough.  it's straight up propoganda at this point.  Could certain things have been handled better, like the CDC testing fiasco that happened at first?  Of course.  But Trump runs the country, not the CDC.    He's done about as well as could have been expected, but the media's constant throwing him under the bus makes it look like he hasn't.  We can see from your posts in this thread that even you're falling for their false narrative.

• Thanks 2