Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

8 hours ago, vuduchile said:

I’m not saying this was all a hoax, but it’s really looking like a massive overreaction at this point.

I've been on that train for a couple months now.  As soon as I started reading that the virus can be mild or even not detected in many people.  I started to think the same thing. I think we massively overreacted and news like this just keeps enforcing that concept.

• Like 1

35% latino population in CA. 55% of cases. It's all genetics and if you are a fatty as well, you'd best be worried.

9 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Each day that goes by and I think more and more we are being lied to on a grand scale. 

You were right to look at hospitalizations, and more spcificanmoy icu patients. That's all that matters, if those numbers are correct.

On 7/19/2020 at 1:27 PM, Cloaca du jour said:

Lol...kids never spread diseases...lol. 

:wacko:  right?

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

:wacko:  right?

Of the 2-3 actual scientific studies (think opposite of masks) it has been shown that children are way less likely  to get the virus and therefore can't pass it on. 

Funny how it's NOT the flu when it serves the "makes sensers" then later it's just like it.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Of the 2-3 actual scientific studies (think opposite of masks) it has been shown that children are way less likely  to get the virus and therefore can't pass it on. 

Funny how it's NOT the flu when it serves the "makes sensers" then later it's just like it.

Just saying it's laughable to think kids don't spread viruses.

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Kids certainly do spread viruses. We need to shut down the country during every flu season from now on. It's the responsible thing to do.

3 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Kids certainly do spread viruses. We need to shut down the country during every flu season from now on. It's the responsible thing to do.

ALM

On 7/15/2020 at 11:14 AM, The Elevator Killer said:

I just found out that a friend of my Ex Wife died from the virus. Black guy that owned a BBQ place. 

Black BBQ owner. Synonym for diabetic type II. Diabetic synonym for covid death.  

21 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

More kids will die of gunshots to the chest than covid in Chicago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

More kids will die of gunshots to the chest than covid in Chicago.

Those are covid too 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, edjr said:

Just as laughable to assume they do.  :dunno:

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

How so?

All viruses are not the same, and are not spread the same way.  You know that, right? 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

How so?

To clarify, this thread is about covid and the assertion is that kids somehow have a greater chance of spreading the virus with respect to teachers and adults.   There is actually less of a chance of catching the virus if you are around kids, than if you are around adults.  Been proven. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

All viruses are not the same, and are not spread the same way.  You know that, right? 

He said it's laughable to assume kids spread viruses.  That's an absolute ridiculous statement.  Has nothing to do with viruses not all being the same.

Just now, TimmySmith said:

To clarify, this thread is about covid and the assertion is that kids somehow have a greater chance of spreading the virus with respect to teachers and adults.   There is actually less of a chance of catching the virus if you are around kids, than if you are around adults.  Been proven. 

That may be but my response was to you saying it's laughable to assume kids spread viruses.  That's ridiculous unless you were specifically referring to COVID, which wasn't clear.

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He said it's laughable to assume kids spread viruses.  That's an absolute ridiculous statement.  Has nothing to do with viruses not all being the same.

He said the virus, clearly talking about this particular one. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He said the virus, clearly talking about this particular one. 

🤷‍♂️

24 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That may be but my response was to you saying it's laughable to assume kids spread viruses.  That's ridiculous unless you were specifically referring to COVID, which wasn't clear.

Go back to "makes sense" world, you are out of your depth. 

28 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

🤷‍♂️

Hawkeye is right, this time.

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

Hawkeye is right, this time.

There is evidence out there that kids do not transmit Covid - 19 as easily as adults do.  Maybe that changes but that’s the current scientific assumption.

The stomach bug or a common cold?  We’re not talking about that.  

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

There is evidence out there that kids do not transmit Covid - 19 as easily as adults do.  Maybe that changes but that’s the current scientific assumption.

There is significant evidence supporting that kids under 15 don't really transmit Covid.  In countries that have resumed in class teaching, or never stopped it, teacher infection rates are also lower than the norm because they aren't getting it at school.

24 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Agreed, but I said viruses, not the virus. Potato, potatoe

24 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Should be a sexual harassment claim coming down soon against Guttfeld. How dare he. 

10 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Classic "orange man bad" syndrome

Unreal. They are true traitors, in every sense. They hate their own country. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

He's right.  They're supposed to tell the WHO, who is supposed to warn EVERYONE.  But they never told the WHO.   So they're still a POS country.  And he's a POS for playing a semantics game when he knows China is at fault and responsible for most of the death that has come from this.

18 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

This is the guy Pelosi appointed to chair the house armed services committee. Never mind he hates his own country, he was never in the service. Nice work libtards. 

23 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Good grief.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

That was what I was trying to tell them but they couldn't see that.  Oh well, I think we're all on the same page now.

2 hours ago, edjr said:

You should have said "some" viruses.  You don't want to be on the same page with neotards. 

• Thanks 1

Children are walking Petri dishes that have no concept or regard for what they touch and lick, they snot and spit all over the place, they are worse with boundaries than adults, list goes on. If they have something transmittable, they put themselves in more situations to transmit it than regular adults do. This seems very common sense to me unless I’m missing something. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Children are walking Petri dishes that have no concept or regard for what they touch and lick, they snot and spit all over the place, they are worse with boundaries than adults, list goes on. If they have something transmittable, they put themselves in more situations to transmit it than regular adults do. This seems very common sense to me unless I’m missing something.

I have children, you are half right.

1.  The petri dishes are normally toddlers / preschoolers,  sucking thumbs, putting random things in their mouths, running noses where they don't GAF.  I always had a cold as a parent with pre-preschoolers.  Hardly ever anymore.  They are now 8 and 11.

2.  The angst with parents is not for kids going to "preschool".  It's Elementary - Middle - High.   These kids - pre teens - teens don't do what you state above and school is much more important both for education, maturity, sanity, psychology, etc.  

3.  Don't ask me why,  I'm no scientist but the data we have now says kids, for whatever reason and based on this particular virus seem to transmit at a much lower rate between themselves and to other adults.  Just google it.