Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

What does that have to do with CDC scientific studies?  :dunno:

Nothing, why do you ask?  If you know you don't have it then you don't need a mask.  Odds are you don't know, though.

Just now, jerryskids said:

Nothing, why do you ask?  If you know you don't have it then you don't need a mask.  Odds are you don't know, though.

You have changed your tune from studies to "makes sense" science to fit the way you feel.  The fact that you may or may not have it doesn't change the CDC guidelines that only sick people should be wearing masks.  :dunno:

People don’t think that the baker should have to make a cake if they don’t want to. I’m good with that. Same people think they can tell the baker they aren’t wearing a mask in the bakery, even though the baker said you have to in order to come into his store. Can someone explain that rational? If it’s up to the baker how he conducts business, then it’s up to the baker. If you don’t like it, go somewhere else. Just like the cake thing, right? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, drobeski said:

I keep my distance,  BJs delivers my groceries and my beer store has a plexiglass wall in front of them. 

Good enough?

By the way... the new talking point youre all sadly falling for is "cases"  

So what if there are more cases ... what's that mean. Are the death counts rising ? No they aren't. They dropped like crazy when governors stopped forcing covid positives into nursings homes. 

Masks have drasticallly slowed down our ability to develop herd immunity to this thing. That is not a good thing. 

Bottom line, quarantine and protect those that are vulnerable... they did the opposite at the beginning. Deliberately.....

There are those that want to this to go as slow and go as bas as possible.  Stop being one of them. 

As I said, I was merely questioning the "science" that masks are bad, I'm not a masker, and I believe in herd immunity.  I also disagree with these mass industry shutdowns and this 25%/50% capacity stuff.  I merely think it is not my choice to decide that some minimum wage worker needs to be laid up sick and unpaid, or having to face the prospect of confronting a customer who is a cool rebel, because I wouldn't wear a mask in Ace Hardware because muh liberties.

ETA:  And the above is not about case count.  I believe that hospitilizations are the single best data.

28 minutes ago, drobeski said:

I keep my distance,  BJs delivers my groceries and my beer store has a plexiglass wall in front of them. 

Good enough?

By the way... the new talking point youre all sadly falling for is "cases"  

So what if there are more cases ... what's that mean. Are the death counts rising ? No they aren't. They dropped like crazy when governors stopped forcing covid positives into nursings homes. 

Masks have drasticallly slowed down our ability to develop herd immunity to this thing. That is not a good thing. 

Bottom line, quarantine and protect those that are vulnerable... they did the opposite at the beginning. Deliberately.....

There are those that want to this to go as slow and go as bas as possible.  Stop being one of them. 

I know that deaths in FL and GA are up. Interestingly enough, it coincides with some opening activities that happened about 4-6 weeks ago. 

22 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

You have changed your tune from studies to "makes sense" science to fit the way you feel.  The fact that you may or may not have it doesn't change the CDC guidelines that only sick people should be wearing masks.  :dunno:

Clearly you haven't read my posts and are just pontificating about something, so congrats I guess.  :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I know that deaths in FL and GA are up. Interestingly enough, it coincides with some opening activities that happened about 4-6 weeks ago. 

No one ever said deaths/positives wouldn't go up when things opened up.  The purpose of closing things down was to "flatten the curve" so as not to overwhelm the health care system.  HTH.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Clearly you haven't read my posts and are just pontificating about something, so congrats I guess.  :thumbsup:

@TimmySmithand you didn't answer my question, because you likely don't know if you have it.

Regarding science, had you read the previous page, you would see that @Cdub100's study of 17 studies corroborated what you just said.

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

No one ever said deaths/positives wouldn't go up when things opened up.  The purpose of closing things down was to "flatten the curve" so as not to overwhelm the health care system.  HTH.

That wasn't my point and I was not responding to you. Drobs said that deaths are down, which they aren't. 

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

30 days to do so!

Easiest way to flatten the curb is ban all immigration. Over 4 million people a year. Can't get the virus in the US if not in the US. Less burden on hospitals seems to be the point. Why let millions more in when already strained? Ah, common sense does not work. Nevermind. 

13 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

That wasn't my point and I was not responding to you. Drobs said that deaths are down, which they aren't. 

First of all, the data isn't reliable.  We are seeing more and more reports of unreliable and unreported data regarding Covid.  Did you know that California's public health director just resigned due to issues with their Covid reporting system?

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/10/901064484/california-coronavirus-testing-problem-prompts-resignation-of-public-health-offi

In FL they count people who die in motorcycle accidents as Covid deaths.  Some labs in FL are reporting 100% positivity rates.  Some labs aren't reporting negative results.   Do you consider that reliable?

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2020/07/15/is-floridas-covid-positivity-rate-accurate-labs-not-reporting-negative-test-results/

Secondly, death are STILL down compared to earlier in the pandemic when states were sending covid patients to nursing homes.  I didn't even think that was in dispute. 

Third, I believe deaths and positive tests have, in general, flattened over the last week or two compared to when things first reopened and things spiked.  You can do your own research on that one.

Lastly, I don't care if you were responding to me or not.  If you want to talk to Drobs privately  you can send him a private message.  Otherwise, I'll respond to any post I feel like responding to.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

First of all, the data isn't reliable.  We are seeing more and more reports of unreliable and unreported data regarding Covid.  Did you know that California's public health director just resigned due to issues with their Covid reporting system?

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/10/901064484/california-coronavirus-testing-problem-prompts-resignation-of-public-health-offi

In FL they count people who die in motorcycle accidents as Covid deaths.  Some labs in FL are reporting 100% positivity rates.  Some labs aren't reporting negative results.   Do you consider that reliable?

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2020/07/15/is-floridas-covid-positivity-rate-accurate-labs-not-reporting-negative-test-results/

Secondly, death are STILL down compared to earlier in the pandemic when states were sending covid patients to nursing homes.  I didn't even think that was in dispute. 

Third, I believe deaths and positive tests have, in general, flattened over the last week or two compared to when things first reopened and things spiked.  You can do your own research on that one.

Lastly, I don't care if you were responding to me or not.  If you want to talk to Drobs privately  you can send him a private message.  Otherwise, I'll respond to any post I feel like responding to.

Both Georgia and Florida had death counts yesterday that were the highest for any day since this started. 

30 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

From August 10th, and a "reputable" news source.

Even as death rates from the novel coronavirus have declined overall, nursing homes in the U.S. have persisted as one of the deadliest environments in the pandemic, according to a new ABC News analysis of the latest public health data.

Nationally, coronavirus infections have not been leading to deaths as frequently as they did earlier in the outbreak, according to public health data.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/coronavirus-fatalities-decline-nationwide-viral-deaths-persist-americas/story?id=72271389

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Both Georgia and Florida had death counts yesterday that were the highest for any day since this started. 

Did Drobs specify Georgia and Florida or was he talking in  more general terms like, maybe the entire country?   You can just admit you're wrong on this one and call it a day.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Did Drobs specify Georgia and Florida or was he talking in  more general terms like, maybe the entire country?   You can just admit you're wrong on this one and call it a day.

I did not, I was referring to the country.  That doesn't fit the narrative.  

Their hero Fauci actually claimed that NY did a good job. 

Just now, drobeski said:

I did not, I was referring to the country.  That doesn't fit the narrative.  

Their hero Fauci actually claimed that NY did a good job. 

Well, you know, 1 person died in some hospital out of 1 person at that hospital with Covid.  Therefore, you can't make statements about the country's mortality rate because that one hospital had a 100% percent fatality rate on one day.

Its funny how experts are now mentioning herd immunity. Its almost like we were trying to avoid it since March. The curve is flattened. Protect elderly, get on with life.

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

Well, you know, 1 person died in some hospital out of 1 person at that hospital with Covid.  Therefore, you can't make statements about the country's mortality rate because that one hospital had a 100% percent fatality rate on one day.

Below 60 yrs old, .004%

And like everything else with this virus,  that's probably inflated also. 

20 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

True, but Florida has already stated that death number on a day are those "announced" on that day, not those who died on that day.  Some died months ago.  Doesn't affect Florida's overall numbers. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

No, I pointed out that the people in Georgia and Florida disagreed with his statement. That is fact. Now move along troll. 

Why don't you answer the one question that I posed to you? Have you even left the house in the last 5 months? Nothing?

55 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Its funny how experts are now mentioning herd immunity. Its almost like we were trying to avoid it since March. The curve is flattened. Protect elderly, social distance when possible, wear a mask in large settings, practice good hygiene, use common sense and get on with life.

Agreed 100%

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

No, I pointed out that the people in Georgia and Florida disagreed with his statement. That is fact. Now move along troll. 

ROFLMAO.  And when I questioned you on this, you said:

Drobs said that deaths are down, which they aren't

But they are.  So no matter how you slice it or move the goalposts you're wrong.

As far as trolling goes, I'm not the one who started a thread, where I wasn't even educated on the constitutionality of what was being done, simply in order to troll. As you did yesterday.  Have you researched the constitutionality of Trump's EO's from last weekend yet?  Even the lib news sources aren't saying they're unconstitutional.    So don't talk to me about trolling, troll.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

True, but Florida has already stated that death number on a day are those "announced" on that day, not those who died on that day.  Some died months ago.  Doesn't affect Florida's overall numbers. 

Where did you get that info? Looks like the rolling 7 days have been their worst yet.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/08/12/florida-is-only-now-passing-its-covid-19-death-peak-heres-how-it-compares/

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

ROFLMAO.  And when I questioned you on this, you said:

But they are.  So no matter how you slice it or move the goalposts you're wrong.

As far as trolling goes, I'm not the one who started a thread, where I wasn't even educated on the constitutionality of what was being done, simply in order to troll. As you did yesterday.  Have you researched the constitutionality of Trump's EO's from last weekend yet?  Even the lib news sources aren't saying they're unconstitutional.    So don't talk to me about trolling, troll.

You miss the point that I don't bother with you anymore. You are a shut-in troll. I have better things to do. 

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You miss the point that I don't bother with you anymore. You are a shut-in troll. I have better things to do. 

So you haven't researched it.  Got it.  Why do you keep responding if you don't "bother" with me?  They have an ignore function here.  Feel free to come back when you have something constructive to offer though.  Bye!!!!

:wave:

11 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

It is???????????

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Where did you get that info? Looks like the rolling 7 days have been their worst yet.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/08/12/florida-is-only-now-passing-its-covid-19-death-peak-heres-how-it-compares/

For example: https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/08/12/florida-approaches-9000-coronavirus-deaths-reports-more-than-8100-new-cases/

However, it doesn't matter when they get reported. The overall count is the overall count.  But let's not hump this daily death toll thing like that many people died yesterday.  

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m just curious where people are being required to wear a mask, outside of work? If a business makes you wear one, don’t go there. All these fights I see are in stores. Don’t go to that  store if you don’t want to wear it. If your employer is requiring it take it up with them. But those people won’t, because they have no balls.  

I think most reasonable people would agree with you.

My favorite sandwich shop wasn't enforcing the mask for customers, so I was going there a lot.  One day the guy that works there came outside to give me my sandwich and said another customer was complaining that I wasn't wearing a mask when I came in and asked if I would put it on.  You know what I did?  I just put a fūcking mask on when I went back inside.

33 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Wow, Cuba, who libtards are always claiming has this great health care system seems to have done very well with HQC. It’s amazing .  

They're also predicting deaths to decline significantly in the next 90 days of I'm reading that chart right.  Woohoo!

8 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Its funny how experts are now mentioning herd immunity. Its almost like we were trying to avoid it since March. The curve is flattened. Protect elderly, get on with life.

Yup, I said on March 13

On 3/13/2020 at 1:17 PM, Baker Boy said:

This is all so stupid! Isolate the old and the weak and let everyone else live their normal lives. Their chance of dying from this is very small. Most of the people that need protection are the least productive members of our society so life goes on as normal. We don’t have to stop the world. 

3 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

All because Orange Man Bad!

Yes! And wear that mask! That's the one they aren't lying about!

1 hour ago, nobody said:

They're also predicting deaths to decline significantly in the next 90 days of I'm reading that chart right.  Woohoo!

Hmmm...what a convenient timeline that would be

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Hmmm...what a convenient timeline that would be

Subject to change based on a certain election result.