Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

Yes, I do. Its not that crazy of a thing to do, people make stuff up online all the time. I’ll do it right now, both my parents died in 911, it’s been real hard for me. See? Simple and it gets me a ton of sympathy if people believe it. I have right to believe or not believe any story I see on here. In this case, it’s very unlikely your story is true because it’s very rare to die from COVID. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It actually happened.  Thought he died of just a heart attack until I talked to his wife.  He had been home sick with COVID for a week.  He was having troubles breathing so she took him to the ER.  Because of the pandemic she was not able to enter the ER with him.  That was the last time she got to see him.  He had a massive heart attack while in the ER, caused by symptoms of COVID.

Yes, it was rare.  He ended up dying because he was stubborn and didn't think COVID was very serious.  Other than my 91 year old grandma, I have not known anyone that got seriously ill from it.  Most had few symptoms and were better after a few days.

No reason not to believe Hawkeye, people have died from COVID.

I don't know anyone personally but a friend's friend died back in June at 57, underlying conditions. Another friend who owns a restaurant had an employee's husband die in August, late 40s with no underlying conditions they were aware of.

I also know people in their 70s and one in their 90s who beat it.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Nobody I know has had it let alone died and I live in one of the three hottest spots in Michigan. But Hawkeye who lives in one of the least populated states knows dozens  :huh:

I live in a small community and run a business.  I know a lot of people.  Most of my family lives in the area as well.  My wife is a teacher and coach so she knows a lot of people as well.  Iowa is a hot spot.  The county my wife teaches in has one of the highest rates of infection in the state.

Don't forget, Iowa has been almost completely open this entire time and have not had a mask mandate.  The virus spreads very easily.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It actually happened.  Thought he died of just a heart attack until I talked to his wife.  He had been home sick with COVID for a week.  He was having troubles breathing so she took him to the ER.  Because of the pandemic she was not able to enter the ER with him.  That was the last time she got to see him.  He had a massive heart attack while in the ER, caused by symptoms of COVID.

Yes, it was rare.  He ended up dying because he was stubborn and didn't think COVID was very serious.  Other than my 91 year old grandma, I have not known anyone that got seriously ill from it.  Most had few symptoms and were better after a few days.

It’s ok, it’s nothing personal. I fully realize that being the one who doesn’t believe you makes me the azzhole. I don’t think you are dishonest or anything negative at all, I’m just being honest with my belief. I believe you told a story and got greedy by saying he died rather than just saying he got sick. It really doesn’t matter if it’s true or not.

2 minutes ago, Goggins said:

No reason not to believe Hawkeye, people have died from COVID.

I don't know anyone personally but a friend's friend died back in June at 57, underlying conditions. Another friend who owns a restaurant had an employee's husband die in August, late 40s with no underlying conditions they were aware of.

I also know people in their 70s and one in their 90s who beat it.

The senior center my grandma was living in has had over 30 positive results out of the 40 some elderly there.  My grandma and a few others passed away.  There are some that recovered as well.  I felt really bad for one of the realtors in my town who lost both her parents within two weeks who were living there.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Don't forget, Iowa has been almost completely open this entire time and have not had a mask mandate.  The virus spreads very easily.

It has spread just as easy if not easier in places with heavy mask mandates.

Just now, tanatastic said:

It’s ok, it’s nothing personal. I fully realize that being the one who doesn’t believe you makes me the azzhole. I don’t think you are dishonest or anything negative at all, I’m just being honest with my belief. I believe you told a story and got greedy by saying he died rather than just saying he got sick. It really doesn’t matter if it’s true or not.

I can see how hard it can be to trust people online.  I have zero reason to make this up though.  His wasn't a death like others where he died of something and then discovered he had COVID so they listed it as a COVID death.  He had been sick with it and figured he'd get over it like any other virus.  He focked up by being stubborn.  Not a common result at all but it happened.

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

We hit a new record last week in Michigan. Very restrictive here.

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I suppose.  Just trying to help make sense as to why there is so much of it where I live and not where some of you live.  Some here seem to think that it's not very common nationwide since they aren't experiencing it around them.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

I live in freaking SoCal. Disneyland isn’t even allowed to open...DISNEYLAND! Meanwhile disneyworld in Florida has opened with restrictions and there’s zero news about huge outbreaks as a result of it. 

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I suppose.  Just trying to help make sense as to why there is so much of it where I live and not where some of you live.  Some here seem to think that it's not very common nationwide since they aren't experiencing it around them.

There’s as much of it as you believe there is. That’s the magic of this thing. At this point there’s more Rona on social media than there is in reality.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Some people don't have the mental capacity to understand things that don't impact them directly. 

Mass hack governor just enacted a curfew.. 10pm to 5am. 

You know because covid is more covidy during those hours...its science!!!!

I was a paratrooper and now I’m a doctor on a cancer ward ( also won a baseball national championship in college). It’s not a big deal. I still have contacts in SA and they give me the scoop.  Chill out. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I was a paratrooper and now I’m a doctor on a cancer ward ( also won a baseball national championship in college). It’s not a big deal. I still have contacts in SA and they give me the scoop.  Chill out. 

All before age 27 too, see now that makes sense and I wouldn’t question it.

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

I live in freaking SoCal. Disneyland isn’t even allowed to open...DISNEYLAND! Meanwhile disneyworld in Florida has opened with restrictions and there’s zero news about huge outbreaks as a result of it. 

People get sick but they are keeping it quiet. There's no way nobody has gotten COVID at Disneyworld. A church with 30 people in it gets shut down because people got COVID but Disney world with tens of thousands of people everywhere and not one single case... Sure Disney whatever you say.

Thing is I think that's how we all should be handling it. Just Biden/Obama handled H1N1

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Or did you???

High temp...you got covid.
Are you sure its not just the flu? Seems flu #s are way down.
Shut your cakehole, I said you got covid. Next.
You got it too. Next.

While the numbers for the coronavirus are climbing in Michigan, early in the flu season the cases remain low.

A total of 12 patient visits due to influenza like illness (ILI) was reported out of 4,562 office visits in Michigan for the week ending Oct. 17. That is a 0.3 percent ILI activity rate for the state which is up from 0.2 percent last week. It is significantly down from 0.9 percent one year ago on Oct. 19, 2019.

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I've seen you post about your area having 99% compliance in mask wearing and now I've seen you post this, "Nobody I know has had it let alone died and I live in one of the three hottest spots in Michigan."  It's possible masks are helping some in your area.

5 minutes ago, vomit said:

Some people don't have the mental capacity to understand things that don't impact them directly. 

Like you Newbie?

7 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Mass hack governor just enacted a curfew.. 10pm to 5am. 

You know because covid is more covidy during those hours...its science!!!!

Cool so instead of going out when crowds are low everyone can go during the same time window. Makes perfect liberal sense. TrUsT tHE ScIeNcE!

5 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Not sure what you're talking about here.  I have never tried to scare anyone with misinformation and I can't post on FBG.  All I did was pass along information that I received from my cousin's wife who works at the hospital.  Surgeries are getting postponed because the hospitals are getting swamped with COVID cases, that's the truth of it.

BTW, Joe Bryant's favorite debate tactic is that, when he goes up against someone he disagrees with, he tries to get them to state clearly and precisely WHY they hold their viewpoints.  The general idea of this tactic is that, if you can get them discussing WHY at length, you can find a flaw and then immediately hit it, which could change their view.

For example, Joe Bryant just did this yesterday

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/789936-does-it-concern-you-that-most-law-enforcement-are-pro-trump/?do=findComment&comment=23053921

" Does it concern you? If so, exactly why?"

When Joe says something like THIS to you, he is trying to attack your position.  He is clearly stating that he strongly disagrees with your view and seeks to change it.  He wants you to give a list and then find some part of it to attack.  (Either him or his liberal buddies).  When you see this, do NOT respond to Joe.  I have actually had Joe send me a PM demanding that I respond when I ignored it.  It bothers him THAT much if you don't fall for the trap.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I've seen you post about your area having 99% compliance in mask wearing and now I've seen you post this, "Nobody I know has had it let alone died and I live in one of the three hottest spots in Michigan."  It's possible masks are helping some in your area.

My Magic rock keeps me protected. My whole family and I have been totally healthy thanks to my magic rock. I'm going to start selling magic rocks with cute little sayings on them.

2 minutes ago, riversco said:

BTW, Joe Bryant's favorite debate tactic is that, when he goes up against someone he disagrees with, he tries to get them to state clearly and precisely WHY they hold their viewpoints.  The general idea of this tactic is that, if you can get them discussing WHY at length, you can find a flaw and then immediately hit it, which could change their view.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/789936-does-it-concern-you-that-most-law-enforcement-are-pro-trump/?do=findComment&comment=23053921

When Joe says something like THIS to you, he is trying to attack your position.  He is clearly stating that he strongly disagrees with your view and seeks to change it.  He wants you to give a list and then find some part of it to attack.  (Either him or his liberal buddies). 

I can't read your link, I'm suspended.

2 minutes ago, riversco said:

When Joe says something like THIS to you, he is trying to attack your position.  He is clearly stating that he strongly disagrees with your view and seeks to change it.  He wants you to give a list and then find some part of it to attack.  (Either him or his liberal buddies). 

Very common for liberals to pull that trick. It's dishonest at best.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I can't read your link, I'm suspended.

A poster asked the board if it bothers them that police support trump in large percentages.  JB went straight for the money shot and pulled "the question" because he wants someone to disarm and destroy the thread by getting the OP to give a list and find a weak spot in the list.

Just now, riversco said:

That's the #1 thing that pisses JB off.  Not answering "the question".

I always looked at it as him wanting an actual discussion/debate.  That rarely ever happens though.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I always looked at it as him wanting an actual discussion/debate.  That rarely ever happens though.

No no no, debating is a thing and there are clear tricks and traps you set to win debates.  What Joe is doing is like one of the common tactics that most people versed in debate are aware of, but people who haven't studied debate as a science are oblivious to. When he asks that question, it is a trap and other radical liberals are meant to come in and launch major attacks on Joe's cue.  He is actively working to snipe anyone not passing the purity test.

10 minutes ago, riversco said:

No no no, debating is a thing and there are clear tricks and traps you set to win debates.  What Joe is doing is like one of the common tactics that most people versed in debate are aware of, but people who haven't studied debate as a science are oblivious to. When he asks that question, it is a trap and other radical liberals are meant to come in and launch major attacks on Joe's cue.  He is actively working to snipe anyone not passing the purity test.

Then just be vague. Say “Because cops really know whats going on with crime beyond  the stats and if they are concerned so am I “ 

12 minutes ago, riversco said:

Sounds like a sicko

57 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Nobody I know has had it let alone died and I live in one of the three hottest spots in Michigan. But Hawkeye who lives in one of the least populated states knows dozens  :huh:

I don't personally know anyone who has gotten it.  Then again a lot of people who know me don't know I have cancer, so take that for what it's worth.  Anyway, the people I "know" with it are people like "my daughter's friend's parents" and "a family my neighbor knows."

Not saying it isn't a real thing, but I am a little surprised that somebody would personally know so many people who have it.  Statistically it just seems very unlikely.  :dunno:

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don't personally know anyone who has gotten it.  Then again a lot of people who know me don't know I have cancer, so take that for what it's worth.  Anyway, the people I "know" with it are people like "my daughter's friend's parents" and "a family my neighbor knows."

Not saying it isn't a real thing, but I am a little surprised that somebody would personally know so many people who have it.  Statistically it just seems very unlikely.  :dunno:

I know of two people personally. Husband/wife got it very early on (Feb/March) and they took a planned trip to Australia. They were in the same hotel as Tom Hanks and his wife when they also tested positive. 

They were quarantined in the hotel for a few weeks until two tests came back negative. Their symptoms were different. Wife said she felt like it was a sinus infection/flu, husband had more of a fever and tummy issues. 

Those are the only people we've known to have it. 

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Just because I know who the people are doesn't mean I'm close to them.  Like I said before, this is a small community and since I have a business I know who a lot of people are.  We've had 9 employees test positive for it already.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Just because I know who the people are doesn't mean I'm close to them.  Like I said before, this is a small community and since I have a business I know who a lot of people are.  We've had 9 employees test positive for it already.

Sounds like you should focus on workplace safety, other Libs should be outraged at you. 

1 minute ago, BirdGang said:

Sounds like you should focus on workplace safety, other Libs should be outraged at you. 

I can't control what they do outside of work.  We don't have many libs around here any way, especially at work.

41 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I can't control what they do outside of work.  We don't have many libs around here any way, especially at work.

Whats your thoughts on the bogus testing?

3 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Whats your thoughts on the bogus testing?

Are you talking about all the false-positives and false-negatives?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Are you talking about all the false-positives and false-negatives?

Talking about them changing the scientific method of obtaining a positive test result to get more positive test results.  

23 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Talking about them changing the scientific method of obtaining a positive test result to get more positive test results.  

It all ends tomorrow.