Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

The saddest part in all of this is that Biden could have prevented many more of these deaths while keeping the economy going, but chose not to step in simply because he wasn’t POTUS. Worthless POS.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

Based on this study, showing more than 225,000 excess deaths over a 5-month period, the total number of excess deaths for 2020 — compared with previous years — is likely to be greater than 400,000, Dr. Howard Bauchner, editor-in-chief of JAMA, and Dr. Phil Fontanarosa, executive editor of JAMA, wrote in an editorial accompanying the study. (This estimate assumes that a similar number of excess deaths will occur over the period from August through December as occurred from March through August.) 

https://www.livescience.com/extra-deaths-covid-19-2020.html

Great, that should fix social security.  :thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, drobeski said:

How many deaths does Cuomo account for ? 40k ? 

Well New York has "only" had 33.7k covid deaths so...

But I'd probably estimate about 10k on him

23 minutes ago, drobeski said:

How many deaths does Cuomo account for ? 40k ? 

You mean considering 90%+ of Covid cases can be traced back to NY?

1 hour ago, Gladiators said:

The saddest part in all of this is that Biden could have prevented many more of these deaths while keeping the economy going, but chose not to step in simply because he wasn’t POTUS. Worthless POS.

Preach

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

Preach

I think I'm done.  About to mix a drink.  If I had the energy of Donny, I'd keep going.

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Here is CDC study estimating 299k excess deaths thru 10/3, citing only 198k as covid - https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm?s_cid=mm6942e2_w

Now that it's October, I like how the argument has changed from "well they were going to die this year anyway" to "well they were going to die this decade anyway"...

The argument changed from deaths to infections.

And yes someone with stage 4 cancer dying and getting listed as a covid death doesn't count no matter how bad you want it to.

Just got off the phone with a good friend. His aunt went to the hospital a couple weeks ago. Tested negative for COVID. Was told she had pneumonia. Few days later she died. Death certificate listed cause of death as COVID. 

22 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

The argument changed from deaths to infections.

And yes someone with stage 4 cancer dying and getting listed as a covid death doesn't count no matter how bad you want it to.

Some have changed it to infections, I haven't (and said as much earlier).   Neither talking about infections nor anecdotes about a few people getting listed as covid deaths that weren't can explain 200-300k excess deaths...

7 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Canceled the Thursday appointment and decided to head into a clinic today. Wife wants it done sooner. Since I have a symptom she and my so. now has to stay home from school until I get results back. 

T&P

Get youR will written & witnessed ASAP

You are focked 

Just now, Old School said:

T&P

Get youR will written & witnessed ASAP

You are focked 

Thanks. Your sarcasm is much appreciated. 

• Haha 1

I assume that I or some of my close family will get it eventually.

Hope it goes well when it happens.

It's a virus so its not really "stoppable" have to hope that we are healthy enough and medicine is ready enough to help us out.  Life is hard sometimes.

Russia, in it's wettest dreams, couldn't have managed what China did. And the libs have been openly slobbering over these guys from the start.

38 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Um Covid...hello? Where are ya? We miss ya. 

Iowa covid deaths on the rise, record hospitalizations: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/iowa/ and https://www.kcrg.com/2020/11/04/record-high-777-covid-19-hospitalizations-reported-in-iowa-26-additional-deaths-wednesday/

So if everyone that other poster knows didn't have covid already, they probably will soon

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Iowa covid deaths on the rise, record hospitalizations: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/iowa/ and https://www.kcrg.com/2020/11/04/record-high-777-covid-19-hospitalizations-reported-in-iowa-26-additional-deaths-wednesday/

So if everyone that other poster knows didn't have covid already, they probably will soon

No problem. Biden is all over it. That and curing cancer.

COVID cases rise - because Trump did x

COVID cases fall - because Biden did something

Can't wait for the MSM to start propping up their puppet

25 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Did Trump have a rally there? 

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

yes

When? Weren’t the numbers way up before then? Middle of October? 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

When? 

10/14, when he awarded the legend Dan Gable with the Presidential Medal of Freedom.  Guess that wasn't enough to get Iowa to go his way though.

Just now, TimHauck said:

10/14, when he awarded the legend Dan Gable with the Presidential Medal of Freedom.  Guess that wasn't enough to get Iowa to go his way though.

He won Iowa handily. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think the cases had been trending up already, yes.   Looks like they did start a steeper rise since then though.   No clue if the rally played a role or not.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He won Iowa handily. 

Whoops sorry yes you are correct.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Trump was just in Eastern Iowa in the last week, not that I think that has much to do with the rise in numbers. 

Whelp, got my results back and I tested positive. Was nice knowing you all.

In all seriousness, I did test positive and I actually feel pretty good overall. Most of my symptoms have been cold-like and mild. Have to stay home for another 10 days now. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

In all seriousness, I did test positive and I actually feel pretty good overall. Most of my symptoms have been cold-like and mild. Have to stay home for another 10 days now. 

Before you pass, please send address and pics of wife.  Godspeed.  

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Good to hear your symptoms are mild. I was glad to get it and be done with it.

5 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Good to hear your symptoms are mild. I was glad to get it and be done with it.

I was hoping it would be positive to get it over with and knowing my symptoms were mild but I’m worried about falling behind at work now. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yeah, you and 90% of the rest of the people around ya. Eventually, after Biden is in office, they will announce that almost everyone has already been exposed. 

14 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Yeah, you and 90% of the rest of the people around ya. Eventually, after Biden is in office, they will announce that almost everyone has already been exposed. 

But if everyone's already had it and the tests are so sensitive as to result in false positives for people that might've had it months ago, why do only ~5-10% of tests come back positive?

34 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

But if everyone's already had it and the tests are so sensitive as to result in false positives for people that might've had it months ago, why do only ~5-10% of tests come back positive?

You can have it a month ago and no longer test positive. We have employees that fit that. They have had it, they no longer test positive.

FL covid "cases" are rising and deaths are falling. https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429

There's a reason its in quotes.

27 minutes ago, lod001 said:

You can have it a month ago and no longer test positive. We have employees that fit that. They have had it, they no longer test positive.

FL covid "cases" are rising and deaths are falling. https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429

There's a reason its in quotes.

Why is it in quotes?   That was basically my point, if the tests result in so many false positives as some are claiming, then I feel like there should be a higher positivity %.

I think the majority of cases are real, it's just that many of them are among younger people (led by kids going to school/college IMO), so not as many deaths.     However in many areas hospitalizations are also rising.    And yes, deaths too (just not as high as they were in the beginning in most cases, and of course they can have a 2-4 week lag).

BTW, new Florida cases are really only rising modestly, and are less than half of what they were in the peak over the summer.    Check out Wisconsin.   Over the last week, average daily deaths have been triple what they were at any point previously.

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Why is it in quotes?   That was basically my point, if the tests result in so many false positives as some are claiming, then I feel like there should be a higher positivity %.

I think the majority of cases are real, it's just that many of them are among younger people (led by kids going to school/college IMO), so not as many deaths.     However in many areas hospitalizations are also rising.    And yes, deaths too (just not as high as they were in the beginning in most cases, and of course they can have a 2-4 week lag).

BTW, new Florida cases are really only rising modestly, and are less than half of what they were in the peak over the summer.    Check out Wisconsin.   Over the last week, average daily deaths have been triple what they were at any point previously.

In quotes because the flu is being counted as covid.

"Oh, you got a high temperature, we'll mark you down as positive, now move along"

Less that 1 percent dead in Wisconsin and that is with all the BS.

Heart attack, you definitely get the covid checkmark. How else would you obese, unhealthy, loser have died from heart issues?

Car wreck, covid

Gunshot, covid.

Fell off building, you must have had covid. 

Someone here was standing around with some doctors and asked, 'hey how do you treat covid'. Doc said 'we give them HCQ and send them on their way'.

6 minutes ago, lod001 said:

In quotes because the flu is being counted as covid.

"Oh, you got a high temperature, we'll mark you down as positive, now move along"

Again, if the flu or a "high temperature" is being counted as covid, why is the positivity rate only 5-10%?

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Less that 1 percent dead in Wisconsin and that is with all the BS.

Heart attack, you definitely get the covid checkmark. How else would you obese, unhealthy, loser have died from heart issues?

Car wreck, covid

Gunshot, covid.

Fell off building, you must have had covid. 

LOL you sound like people in early March.   "Well there's only been 10 deaths so far!"   12% of Wisconsin's cumulative cases have been in the past week (250k total, as of 10/30 they had 220k - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/wisconsin/).   35-40 deaths a day doesn't sound like a lot, but it adds up (and that's assuming it doesn't get higher than that).

Don't ask for numbers if you're just going to discount them all...