Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

Maybe Joe will attend Covid task force meetings, see if anything useful is going on?

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Kinda. Everyone wear a mask. That’s it. 

Shocker.  He said he was going to get the people what they needed.  My wife bought about 10 new masks the other day...I guess I should be thanking Slow Joe.  Everyone can get back to normal now.

4 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Has Slow Joe released the master plan to reduce the spread and eliminate the deaths yet, or is he a selfish POS waiting to be sworn in to save American lives?

Yeah, wear masks, close up everything.... destroy people, but win a political point.

Just now, RLLD said:

Yeah, wear masks, close up everything.... destroy people, but win a political point.

This is what I'm expecting.  He says he's going to listen to/follow what the medical experts advise.  They don't weigh the cost/benefit of shutting down the economy.  They're going to tell Slow Joe what's needed to slow the spread and # of deaths, which is to shut things down.

5 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

This is what I'm expecting.  He says he's going to listen to/follow what the medical experts advise.  They don't weigh the cost/benefit of shutting down the economy.  They're going to tell Slow Joe what's needed to slow the spread and # of deaths, which is to shut things down.

So, we’re looking at a president who half the country thinks is illegitimate giving these kind of draconian orders. Should work out great. A bunch of Sheriffs in NY told Cuomo to pound sand, they aren’t enforcing his thanksgiving orders. Good luck with Biden trying it nationwide. And Cuomo won legit. 

24 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Has Slow Joe released the master plan to reduce the spread and eliminate the deaths yet, or is he a selfish POS waiting to be sworn in to save American lives?

Stay in the basement for 4 days, 1 day of baby blood transfusions, 3 hours of work.  Repeat.  We all should be back on track in a couple of years.

Have the scumbag leftists given props to Trump and his warp speed team for getting us to a couple of potential game changing vaccines in record fashion?

59 minutes ago, MDC said:

Maybe Joe will attend Covid task force meetings, see if anything useful is going on?

He should make a pretend panel to go along with his official fake transition team office. Maybe he can reach out too Wentz incase he needs a fake good qb. 

Masks, partitions, lock down. But open border. Sounds like a plan. Can’t wait. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Masks, partitions, lock down. But open border. Sounds like a plan. Can’t wait. 

And, of course, flights in and out of the country that no one disputes started the whole thing.   :thumbsup:

Just now, TimmySmith said:

And, of course, flights in and out of the country that no one disputes started the whole thing.   :thumbsup:

Hunter has to get paid. He smoked up all that Ukraine money and has to pay that stripper. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hunter has to get paid. He smoked up all that Ukraine money and has to pay that stripper. 

Well, she is the mother of his child.  🤣

Boston Mayah Mahty Walsh said yesterday, he's about to "lock it down"  meaning no more eating in restaurants, no more going to the office, no more anything. Back to "essential" only :lol:

These blue state mayors and governors know that when the smoke clears and OMB is gone they are going to be blamed for the high number of deaths in their states and cities. Anyone going to provide cover for DeBalsio down the line? Cuomo? It’s impossible when you analyze their decisions back in the spring. So they are desperate to hold the numbers down and make it look like they did something. Historical analysis will not be kind to them, and they know it. OMB can only cover so long for them. 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

These blue state mayors and governors know that when the smoke clears and OMB is gone they are going to be blamed for the high number of deaths in their states and cities. Anyone going to provide cover for DeBalsio down the line? Cuomo? It’s impossible when you analyze their decisions back in the spring. So they are desperate to hold the numbers down and make it look like they did something. Historical analysis will not be kind to them, and they know it. OMB can only cover so long for them. 

No way OMB ever shakes this.   Easy to blame him.  Since he didn't do enough from the start, it is literally impossible for the gubbernors to be able to come in now and fix things.  THAT will be the narrative.   Biden and the dems have an endless, foolproof excuse for why they can't get covid under control.   

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

No way OMB ever shakes this.   Easy to blame him.  Since he didn't do enough from the start, it is literally impossible for the gubbernors to be able to come in now and fix things.  THAT will be the narrative.   Biden and the dems have an endless, foolproof excuse for why they can't get covid under control.   

Until the lawsuits start rolling in. You think the families of all those people in nursing homes who died aren’t going to look for their piece? Law firms are probably lining up right now. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Until the lawsuits start rolling in. You think the families of all those people in nursing homes who died aren’t going to look for their piece? Law firms are probably lining up right now. 

I have a feeling the excuse of "no one knew how bad this was gonna get, even orange man was told and lied to the american public" will shield them from it.

I mean when orange man says it gonna go away easily, why would a gubbernor not listen?

19 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I have a feeling the excuse of "no one knew how bad this was gonna get, even orange man was told and lied to the american public" will shield them from it.

I mean when orange man says it gonna go away easily, why would a gubbernor not listen?

A jury may feel different. We still have those, right? 

26 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Cuomo literally forced nursing homes to take in highly contagious sick people.  There's no OMB that can defend that.

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Cuomo literally forced nursing homes to take in highly contagious sick people.  There's no OMB that can defend that.

Exactly. And Cuomo knows it. Why do you think he wrote a book about his great if a job he says he did? He’s getting out in front of the inevitability. That would be like Bush writing a book in December  2001 about the great job he did on 9/11. Nobody would have taken that seriously. 

So, with lockdowns and curfews happening at a brisk pace throughout the country (blue states anyway), what happens with the NFL? Sunday Night, Monday Night, Thursday Night football? If a restaurant owner has to close down or close at 1O  pm, why not football stadiums? I guess if they have a BLM wording on the field or their helmets or will be considered ok like the mostly peaceful protests have been allowed to happen. Racism> Covid. 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So, with lockdowns and curfews happening at a brisk pace throughout the country (blue states anyway), what happens with the NFL? Sunday Night, Monday Night, Thursday Night football? If a restaurant owner has to close down or close at 1O  pm, why not football stadiums? I guess if they have a BLM wording on the field or their helmets or will be considered ok like the mostly peaceful protests have been allowed to happen. Racism> Covid. 

Not sure how those are that comparable.  I'm not sure what the purpose of the 10pm curfew is in the first place but either way, not very comparable in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

10pm.  Another "magic" number. Like 6 feet, or 15 minutes, or 25%.  And, yes, "peaceful protests" seem to be the antidote, while rallies are "superspreader" events.  :lol:

15 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

10pm.  Another "magic" number. Like 6 feet, or 15 minutes, or 25%.  And, yes, "peaceful protests" seem to be the antidote, while rallies are "superspreader" events.  :lol:

I think the 6 foot rule at least has some logic to it.

23 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Not sure how those are that comparable.  I'm not sure what the purpose of the 10pm curfew is in the first place but either way, not very comparable in my opinion.

One place of business has to close, another doesn’t. You don’t see that? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

One place of business has to close, another doesn’t. You don’t see that? 

Of course but the reasoning is different.  Not all businesses are treated the same.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think the 6 foot rule at least has some logic to it.

You mean a distance rule.  If you know why 6' has a medical significance I am all ears.  

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Of course but the reasoning is different.  Not all businesses are treated the same.

What’s the reasoning? 

What’s the reasoning? 

I can think of two:  One, to give places time to do a “deep clean.”  Two, and especially for places that serve alcohol, to reduce the number of stupid drunk people making poor distancing decisions.

I don’t agree with either of these, but I’ve thought on it and this is all I can come up with.  :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What’s the reasoning? 

You're comparing a nationally televised sporting event to bars and restaurants.  They are going to be treated differently.

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

You mean a distance rule.  If you know why 6' has a medical significance I am all ears.  

My thought is that they have determined that is the average maximum distance that particles from our mouths travel when talking.  I don't know that for a fact but that's what I assumed.  It's something that I think can be explained better than the others you listed.

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You're comparing a nationally televised sporting event to bars and restaurants.  They are going to be treated differently.

Why? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why? 

Most likely, money.  Same reason all other sporting events are allowed to take place past 10pm.  I don't have a reason for why other places are required to be closed by 10pm though.

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why? 

A giant stadium at a small fraction of its capacity can allow for much more social distancing than a bar or restaurant.

And most are outside.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

A giant stadium at a small fraction of its capacity can allow for much more social distancing than a bar or restaurant.

And most are outside.

The locker rooms too. Cool. 

It was over their heads.  They suddenly lost sight of the "if we can save just one person, it's all worth it", mantra of shutting the US down.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If bars knew who was going to go into them in advance and could test them all I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem being able to stay open.

For the record I don't think they should close as long as they can maintain social distancing.    Which I guess a sports bar type place could probably do, but most likely not any sort of club with dancing or anything.

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

If bars knew who was going to go into them in advance and could test them all I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem being able to stay open.

For the record I don't think they should close as long as they can maintain social distancing.    Which I guess a sports bar type place could probably do, but most likely not any sort of club with dancing or anything.

Then why every week players and staff are testing positive? Every single week. If we are heading into an uptick in cases, and that’s the reason for the lockdowns, why are different groups being treated differently? 

Then why every week players and staff are testing positive? Every single week. If we are heading into an uptick in cases, and that’s the reason for the lockdowns, why are different groups being treated differently? 

They get tested every week though. They are not playing while infected which is why they get tested so often. It’s how they’re able to have a season.