Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

43 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So if it limits the intake of oxygen (which is 1000x smaller than covid), it must do something against covid right?

Size of oxygen molecules is really moot, air we breathe is only 21% oxygen.  What a mask will do is limit the total volume of air that is taken in during inspiration. Im sure you've heard of NFL players struggling in Denver?  Air is still 21% oxygen there, but a person takes in less volume of total air on each inspiration, causing a rise in respiratory rate.

On 4/24/2021 at 3:39 AM, TimHauck said:

Masks don't deprive you (especially high school athletes) of oxygen doofus.  Otherwise we'd have a bunch of doctors collapsing during surgery.

Doctors are just standing around during surgery. Keeping your hands steady and your movements slow, deliberate, and precise is quite a skill in it's own right, but it isn't exactly aerobically challenging.

How about try this: today, you go run 800m without a mask.Then tomorrow, you put a mask on and run the same 800m route. Then tell us what you learn. You'll be getting less air, and the air you ARE getting has more, and more, and more CO2 in it.  Fireballer, Cdub, and others know what they're talking about.

On 4/23/2021 at 8:31 PM, TimHauck said:

So just to be clear...Your argument is that covid is too small to be slowed by masks, but oxygen/carbon dioxide aren’t?   Fun fact: covid is 1000x bigger (https://news.llu.edu/health-wellness/infectious-disease-physician-breaks-down-coronavirus-mask-myths)

Fact: Masks can filter larger particles in the air, but carbon dioxide can easily be exhaled through the filters. Coronavirus particles are 120 nanometers, oxygen is 0.120 nanometers and carbon dioxide is 0.232 nanometers. The pore size in N95 masks is generally 100 to 300 nanometers, meaning the average single pore will allow 1667 oxygen molecules in and 862 carbon dioxide molecules 

Just to be clear your link states that an N95 mask has pores big enough to pass a corona virus molecule. :dunno:

On 4/25/2021 at 9:45 PM, TimHauck said:

So if it limits the intake of oxygen (which is 1000x smaller than covid), it must do something against covid right?

Sure your cloth mask may stop covid in the same way a chain-link fence might stop a mosquito. A person infected with covid can exhale virus levels reaching 1,00,000 to 1,00,00,000 copies per metre cube at an average breathing rate of 12 litres per minute. Which as we know from the MIT study gets mixed all over an indoor environment. 

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Sure your cloth mask may stop covid in the same way a chain-link fence might stop a mosquito. A person infected with covid can exhale virus levels reaching 1,00,000 to 1,00,00,000 copies per metre cube at an average breathing rate of 12 litres per minute. Which as we know from the MIT study gets mixed all over an indoor environment. 

Check out my replies in that thread.  Lots of "aerosol scientists" that agree that that's a major mode of transmission, but also that distancing and masks still help in that regard.

Not sure if posted but on a zoom call with around 15 world leaders....Biden was the only one with a mask on.   Hilarious.  

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Oh, this guy?

Sooo, Bad Covid Takes are those things people shouldn't believe right now.  Maybe in a month.  

40 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Sooo, Bad Covid Takes are those things people shouldn't believe right now.  Maybe in a month.  

The guy that runs that page is a conservative actually.  Fauci and other democrats have been featured on there plenty.

Don't mind me, I'm just wearing a mask outside around NO ONE, to announce that I don't have to wear a mask outside

15 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Don't mind me, I'm just wearing a mask outside around NO ONE, to announce that I don't have to wear a mask outside

Question for the board:   If we agree that covid isn’t spread much outside, is it fair to say that the BLM protests likely did not contribute to much covid spread?  (Edit:  not saying they should have occurred, just talking about in reference to covid)

16 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Question for the board:   If we agree that covid isn’t spread much outside, is it fair to say that the BLM protests likely did not contribute to much covid spread?  (Edit:  not saying they should have occurred, just talking about in reference to covid)

Id say they didnt much.   Although being huddled around close yelling is probably much worse than a lone person walking

26 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Legit question...I think the behaviors of people influence spread more than environment.  I would say things like BLM events certainly had some level of spread.  There's just no way around it.  As did Jan 6, I'm sure.  It's gonna spread more at intimate distances.  What I did find funny was everyone playing up police shooting unarmed black men as more of a public health crisis than Covid, therefore the protests were legitimized.  But Joy Reid double masking while jogging and Joe walking to the podium is just pure virtue signaling.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Any reference to BLM protests spreading was directed at those idiots claiming Sturgis spread it, or outdoor sports was spreading.  Is it fair to say this is another covid lie debunked?

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I'd say that's a good assumption. 

You would have to look at the proximity of the crowds though. 

In the same context, can we say that spring breakers on the beaches in FL didn't contribute to much spread either? 

That was our response to them calling trump rallies super spreader events. Cant have it both ways

The reason people called BLM riots super spreader events is for the same reason the media called the people protesting their businesses getting shut down super spreader events. Remember the media kept showing people in hospital uniforms standing in the way of vehicles? Of course they never did that for BLM riots but whatever. I also find your chose of "protest" no surprise.

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

That was our response to them calling trump rallies super spreader events. Cant have it both ways

Yup those too. They always want it both ways.

14 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

The reason people called BLM riots super spreader events is for the same reason the media called the people protesting their businesses getting shut down super spreader events. Remember the media kept showing people in hospital uniforms standing in the way of vehicles? Of course they never did that for BLM riots but whatever. I also find your chose of "protest" no surprise.

Sturgis too.

33 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Yup those too. They always want it both ways.

The libs told them the lie to spread and they spread it.  As usual.  Now that is proven false, the narrative changes again. 

8 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

The libs told them the lie to spread and they spread it.  As usual.  Now that is proven false, the narrative changes again. 

And now they come here to try to make us feel bad about their false science God. Not even realizing why we called it a super spread event.

Don't you white people feel bad you were wrong about the BLM riots protest? See they weren't super spreader events. 

5 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Any reference to BLM protests spreading was directed at those idiots claiming Sturgis spread it, or outdoor sports was spreading.  Is it fair to say this is another covid lie debunked?

Sturgis probably didn't spread it because of the outdoor portion, but rather all the time spent in bars.   "Superspreader" may be a stretch for Sturgis and that "study" saying it resulted in god knows how many cases is a joke, but I think it's very likely it contributed to the surge of cases & deaths in the Dakotas which ultimately led to them being among the top/worst 10 states in covid deaths/million.

3 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

I'd say that's a good assumption. 

You would have to look at the proximity of the crowds though. 

In the same context, can we say that spring breakers on the beaches in FL didn't contribute to much spread either? 

Agree.  But again, same as my Sturgis comment, if they were also spending time in bars and such it could have.  Although assuming you're referring to last March/April they may have been closed, can't remember.  And of course on the flip side, as has been discussed before we know Florida was never really among the worst locations for covid deaths so I think we kindof already knew that spring break wasn't a superspreader event.

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

The outdoor ones I agree.   But he also held indoor rallies.

11 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Sturgis probably didn't spread it because of the outdoor portion, but rather all the time spent in bars.   "Superspreader" may be a stretch for Sturgis and that "study" saying it resulted in god knows how many cases is a joke, but I think it's very likely it contributed to the surge of cases & deaths in the Dakotas which ultimately led to them being among the top/worst 10 states in covid deaths/million.

Agree.  But again, same as my Sturgis comment, if they were also spending time in bars and such it could have.  Although assuming you're referring to last March/April they may have been closed, can't remember.  And of course on the flip side, as has been discussed before we know Florida was never really among the worst locations for covid deaths so I think we kindof already knew that spring break wasn't a superspreader event.

The outdoor ones I agree.   But he also held indoor rallies.

so what?  Everyone was their by their own free will

Aren't we at the point now that we can say, go get a shot if you want one and don't if you don't want one? 

Let people do what the fock they want to do as far as their own health is concerned.

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Aren't we at the point now that we can say, go get a shot if you want one and don't if you don't want one? 

Let people do what the fock they want to do as far as their own health is concerned.

Medicare for all is a loser financially.  Just like the ACA was. Getting all those high risk people off the books was a necessity. Bllions saved, with a virus that was harmless to everyone else. Giving the vaccine to people who were safe all along is a necessary charade. 

41 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Medicare for all is a loser financially.  Just like the ACA was. Getting all those high risk people off the books was a necessity. Bllions saved, with a virus that was harmless to everyone else. Giving the vaccine to people who were safe all along is a necessary charade. 

They probably won't die, but it's not "harmless to everyone else."  Plenty of professional and Olympic level athletes & MMA fighters that have been hospitalized from it.

5 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

so what?  Everyone was their by their own free will

Over a year later and people still don't get it.    If covid wasn't contagious and spreading before people showed symptoms I'd maybe agree with you.   I'm not pro lockdown but saying hey we probably shouldn't have 500k people at a weeklong rally is a little different.

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I think this is pretty much what the US is doing at least at the state level with most places planning to basically be fully open pretty soon.   Looks like vaccinations are passed their peak but we're still vaccinating 2.7 million a day, so it's not like everyone that wants a shot has gotten one yet.

I do agree that the CDC still recommending vaccinated people to wear masks even if they're not required for entry is dumb though.

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Over a year later and people still don't get it.    If covid wasn't contagious and spreading before people showed symptoms I'd maybe agree with you.   I'm not pro lockdown but saying hey we probably shouldn't have 500k people at a weeklong rally is a little different.

I think this is pretty much what the US is doing at least at the state level with most places planning to basically be fully open pretty soon.   Looks like vaccinations are passed their peak but we're still vaccinating 2.7 million a day, so it's not like everyone that wants a shot has gotten one yet.

I do agree that the CDC still recommending vaccinated people to wear masks even if they're not required for entry is dumb though.

creepy joe, kameltoe and pelosi the mutant witch all vaccinated and wearing masks during a national speech. creepy joe wearing a mask on world leader zoom call.

It is sending the wrong message to the idiot creepy joe voters, because they are zombies and don't know what to do for themselves in life. 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

They probably won't die, but it's not "harmless to everyone else."  Plenty of professional and Olympic level athletes & MMA fighters that have been hospitalized from it.

:lol:. No they haven't.  

Just now, TimmySmith said:

:lol:. No they haven't.  

He may be referring to roided out individuals like that personal trainer in Europe. Yeah, no way his body was the result of hard work. The extensive roids assisted in his covid fueled death.

25 minutes ago, lod001 said:

He may be referring to roided out individuals like that personal trainer in Europe. Yeah, no way his body was the result of hard work. The extensive roids assisted in his covid fueled death.

1-4% general hospitalization rate. But "plenty", of high level athletes have been hospitalized.  The flu does that too by the way. 

23 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

1-4% general hospitalization rate. But "plenty", of high level athletes have been hospitalized.  The flu does that too by the way. 

So you agree 1-4% have been hospitalized?  That's not "harmless"

^ of course this data was all pre-vaccine, so moving forward I am hopeful that covid will be no worse than the flu even if people have to get shots annually.  May even be not as a bad as the flu since the covid vaccine is more effective

54 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So you agree 1-4% have been hospitalized?  That's not "harmless"

I agree with the fact that 1-4% of those who are known to have covid have been hospitalized.  Probably way less than 1% of those who have had it are hospitalized. Right on par with average influenza.  We'll never know because no one is interested in the reality of it. Only the manipulative value.  Harmless is a relative term isn't it. It's harmless to 99.5+ of the population.  That's pretty harmless.