Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

28 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I agree with the fact that 1-4% of those who are known to have covid have been hospitalized.  Probably way less than 1% of those who have had it are hospitalized. Right on par with average influenza.  We'll never know because no one is interested in the reality of it. Only the manipulative value.  Harmless is a relative term isn't it. It's harmless to 99.5+ of the population.  That's pretty harmless.

Hospitalization is not even a fair statistic. I was hospitalized for a 10 hours. 

21 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Hospitalization is not even a fair statistic. I was hospitalized for a 10 hours. 

From covid?  Do you think it was harmless?

Regarding athletes and covid... 

During this past NFL season what was  your reaction whenever news broke that Player So-and-So tested positive for covid:

A. OMG!!!!  He's gonna end up in the hospital,!!!!   He might even DIE!!!!! :cry:

-or-

B. Well that screws up my fantasy lineup but he'll be good to go next week :thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, DonS said:

Regarding athletes and covid... 

During this past NFL season what was  your reaction whenever news broke that Player So-and-So tested positive for covid:

A. OMG!!!!  He's gonna end up in the hospital,!!!!   He might even DIE!!!!! :cry:

-or-

B. Well that screws up my fantasy lineup but he'll be good to go next week :thumbsup:

C.   Didn't care.

I'm not sure of the value of this revisionist look at if BLM riots were safe.  That's like saying I drove drunk but didn't get in an accident so it is OK.  At the time I had the following debate with my daughter who has a bit of woke in her.

Me:  It's hypocrisy to endorse these BLM riots where people are in close proximity, frothing at the mouth, and at the same time not allow church gatherings etc.

Daughter:  OMG Dad are you saying that people shouldn't be able to protest this terrible behavior$#$@!$@!

Me:  Either COVID is an existential threat which puts humankind at risk, or it isn't.

Her:  Well, yeah umm, when you put it that way...

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

^ of course this data was all pre-vaccine, so moving forward I am hopeful that covid will be no worse than the flu even if people have to get shots annually.  May even be not as a bad as the flu since the covid vaccine is more effective

I pointed out 8 months ago that COVID is no more dangerous than influenza. People like you lost their sh1t over it. 

4 hours ago, lod001 said:

He may be referring to roided out individuals like that personal trainer in Europe. Yeah, no way his body was the result of hard work. The extensive roids assisted in his covid fueled death.

Ryquell Armstead.  Runningback for the Jags.  Dude got covid last preseason and just disappeared.

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm not sure of the value of this revisionist look at if BLM riots were safe.  That's like saying I drove drunk but didn't get in an accident so it is OK.  At the time I had the following debate with my daughter who has a bit of woke in her.

Me:  It's hypocrisy to endorse these BLM riots where people are in close proximity, frothing at the mouth, and at the same time not allow church gatherings etc.

Daughter:  OMG Dad are you saying that people shouldn't be able to protest this terrible behavior$#$@!$@!

Me:  Either COVID is an existential threat which puts humankind at risk, or it isn't.

Her:  Well, yeah umm, when you put it that way...

Not to mention they're all being played for suckers.  9 unarmed black people were killed by cops.  That's not some systemic racism.  It's something to just prosecute when it happens.  The Dems were using these idiots to rile up voters against trump.

15 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I pointed out 8 months ago that COVID is no more dangerous than influenza. 

Without a vaccine, it is though...

30 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Is it? 

The vaccine was really only rolled out about 6 months ago, do we really know?

52 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

To 20 year old healthy people? 

25 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Is it? 

The vaccine was really only rolled out about 6 months ago, do we really know?

Not sure what you’re asking?  Are you questioning if covid is worse than the flu?  Or if the vaccine is having an impact?

45 minutes ago, Strike said:

To 20 year old healthy people? 

Didn't you see the all the dead kids on the beach during spring break?

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Maybe... I don't trust the numbers, but you already know that.

Thing is even with a vaccine the flu kills 50-150k per year.

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Flu killed over 400 18 and under in 2019. Less than 150 total 18 and under killed by covid so far. Tim cuck is obsessed with the fatty flu. Just like newbie was. My guess  is they both are pushing 280+. Fock the kids, supersize me.

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Flu killed over 400 18 and under in 2019. Less than 150 total 18 and under killed by covid so far. Tim cuck is obsessed with the fatty flu. Just like newbie was. My guess  is they both are pushing 280+. Fock the kids, supersize me.

Wtf are you talking about man?  So because covid isn’t as deadly as flu to kids (which doesn’t kill that many kids to begin with), covid as a whole “is no more dangerous than flu”?

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

More like 12-61k according to the CDC over the last 10 years.

But yeah, up until a few months ago the comparison needed to be flu w/vaccine vs covid w/ no vaccine

Traffic accidents injure and kill too.  I think everyone that works on a computer should be allowed to work from home or in their office (their choice) because saves gas and money, reduces traffic which makes the drive better for those that go in to the office, and results in less traffic accidents.  And some people prefer the office to focus, collaborate with co-workers or get away from home.  But overall less people in rush hour means less time wasted getting ready for work and driving so more time in the day for family, or free time, or time for hobbies, etc.

4 hours ago, Fireballer said:

If we had a congress or some state governments worth a damn heads would roll. And the CDC director would be out on her ass. It’s corruption, plain and simple. 

32 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If we had a congress or some state governments worth a damn heads would roll. And the CDC director would be out on her ass. It’s corruption, plain and simple. 

Now knowing who can influence these organizations, it's hard to trust any of their recommendations. We're making decisions strictly based on their guidelines, we now know not all of those recommendations are based on science.

On 4/30/2021 at 1:15 AM, jerryskids said:

:( 

As you know, previously, I'd been taking the liberties to use your posts about daughters as kind of a wake up call for the rest of the board to be vigilant and proactive about what's going on in the education of their kids. "Otherwise you'll wind up like Jerry". I've stopped doing that when I realized that it was inappropriate, that you say the situation is fluid, and that you are holding out hope for your daughters, and have told me/us explicitly that they are not lost causes. While I strongly feel that the fockers on this board need a kick in the pants to be alerted to what's going on, that their quiet acquiescence to the radical leftist indoctrination of their children disturbs me, once I realized that when I was using your stories about your daughters to make my own points was distasteful to you, I have stopped doing so.

Good luck with this too, Jerry. I'll take your word for it that they are not lost and I hope you have enough reserves of strength and energy in you to fight this second battle as well. Out of respect to you, I want you to know that have stopped bringing up your daughters, but when YOU bring them up, I still do want to offer you support and wish you the best.

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/antibody-drug-neutralizes-virus-variants-184259377.html

all in patients still show antibodies

95% of outpatients still show antibodies. 

if you had covid you don’t need the vaccine. Your positive diagnoses proves to be just as effective as the vaccine itself. Unmask America. 

Right, none of this should be news to anybody because, that's how viruses work.

Just now, Reality said:

Right, none of this should be news to anybody because, that's how viruses work.

But you can get it twice and the variants  :cry:   (which means the vaccine is a waste anyway).

On 3/16/2021 at 5:38 PM, fandandy said:

I've always said I'd believe it escaped from the lab, but I don't believe it was intentional

This lady seems to be one of the least biased reporters I've seen, and has evidence that the US was actually a part of China engineering the virus so that they could develop a vaccine:

https://sharylattkisson.com/2021/05/video-exclusive-investigation-separating-rumor-from-fact-on-covid-19s-origin/

19 hours ago, Voltaire said:

:( 

As you know, previously, I'd been taking the liberties to use your posts about daughters as kind of a wake up call for the rest of the board to be vigilant and proactive about what's going on in the education of their kids. "Otherwise you'll wind up like Jerry". I've stopped doing that when I realized that it was inappropriate, that you say the situation is fluid, and that you are holding out hope for your daughters, and have told me/us explicitly that they are not lost causes. While I strongly feel that the fockers on this board need a kick in the pants to be alerted to what's going on, that their quiet acquiescence to the radical leftist indoctrination of their children disturbs me, once I realized that when I was using your stories about your daughters to make my own points was distasteful to you, I have stopped doing so.

Good luck with this too, Jerry. I'll take your word for it that they are not lost and I hope you have enough reserves of strength and energy in you to fight this second battle as well. Out of respect to you, I want you to know that have stopped bringing up your daughters, but when YOU bring them up, I still do want to offer you support and wish you the best.

I appreciate your concern, I really do, but it isn’t that unusual in America for young people to be smitten by liberal ideologies.  I tried to raise my kids to think for themselves, and this short-term ideology is part of that process.  This particular daughter will be a VP of some company by her early 30s, and I’m confident that she will leave it behind.  She’ll be paying 6 figures in income tax; that has a way of showing people the error of their philosophies.  I have other concerns for her, namely she is very hard on people sometimes (part of her “VP mode” personality) that makes me concerned if any guy will ever pass an impossible bar.  My younger daughter is the empath of the family (the rest of us are techies) and if anything she is more likely to hold onto misguided liberal ideals.

28 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I appreciate your concern, I really do, but it isn’t that unusual in America for young people to be smitten by liberal ideologies.  I tried to raise my kids to think for themselves, and this short-term ideology is part of that process.  This particular daughter will be a VP of some company by her early 30s, and I’m confident that she will leave it behind.  She’ll be paying 6 figures in income tax; that has a way of showing people the error of their philosophies.  I have other concerns for her, namely she is very hard on people sometimes (part of her “VP mode” personality) that makes me concerned if any guy will ever pass an impossible bar.  My younger daughter is the empath of the family (the rest of us are techies) and if anything she is more likely to hold onto misguided liberal ideals.

I wouldn't be so sure. This ideology has seeped deep into corporate board rooms as well. It preys on the good intentions of the people it body snatches. The young from upper middle class or wealthy families are particularly vulnurable. 'Why am I so privileged?' They're given the wrong answer. "It must be my white skin.' No, you grew up in a stable nuclear family with two high income parents. The lie of 'white privilege' is as obvious as could be for those of us born into a hardscrabble working class white community. In fact, in 2021, it's entirely white disadvantage. Anyone who finishes high school, learns a trade or profession, gets married, and waits to have children until after they are finacially stable passes 'white privilige' onto their kids, no matter the color of their skin.

So the CDC recommendations for summer camps came out.  They want the kids masked up and 3 ft apart. Considering getting my money back. Complete  Fockin joke. And you dikheads who accept all of this are to blame as well. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So the CDC recommendations for summer camps came out.  They want the kids masked up and 3 ft apart. Considering getting my money back. Complete  Fockin joke. And you dikheads who accept all of this are to blame as well. 

So is this new magical 3ft social distancing guideline just for kids?  Is 6ft still recommended for adults?  It certainly feels like they're making this sh1t up as they go along.  What new "science" is behind this proclamation?

JFC, it's gonna be hard to wean these idiots off the masks. FL is completely open now. So I go into subway where 'masks optional'. All the idiots are wearing masks. I of course am not and these covidiots are all under 30 and none are even fatties.

31 minutes ago, DonS said:

So is this new magical 3ft social distancing guideline just for kids?  Is 6ft still recommended for adults?  It certainly feels like they're making this sh1t up as they go along.  What new "science" is behind this proclamation?

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/03/15/977564878/cdc-looks-at-whether-3-feet-instead-of-6-is-safe-for-schools-social-distancing

3 minutes ago, lod001 said:

JFC, it's gonna be hard to wean these idiots off the masks. FL is completely open now. So I go into subway where 'masks optional'. All the idiots are wearing masks. I of course am not and these covidiots are all under 30 and none are even fatties.

Why do you care?  As long as they don't criticize you for not wearing one, just let them be.  If it makes them feel safer or that they are protecting others, then more power to them.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Why do you care?  As long as they don't criticize you for not wearing one, just let them be.  If it makes them feel safer or that they are protecting others, then more power to them.

This is how I feel. Want to wear one? Go for it. But don't give me shiite if I don't. 

Just now, TheNewGirl said:

This is how I feel. Want to wear one? Go for it. But don't give me shiite if I don't. 

Exactly.  I usually will wear a mask into any public building but if I see people not wearing them I take mine off as well.  I haven't seen any issues in Iowa with arguments over wearing them or not.