Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

30 minutes ago, DonS said:

Funny photoshop job of advice from WHO.  At least I hope it's a joke... 

https://postimg.cc/HVRBZGpb

Imperative to flex the elbow. This has to be real

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Imperative to flex the elbow. This has to be real

I believe the first parts are legit, just wondering if someone photoshopped over the last one. 

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

I believe the first parts are legit, just wondering if someone photoshopped over the last one. 

LOL, yeah original had unprotected contact with farm animals.

https://postimg.cc/fVFp9HqR

If a virus like this came from our south we would be focked. People just walk in all the time. At least the Chinese have to fly here. 

8 minutes ago, fandandy said:

So, is unprotected sex with farm animals safe or not?  :ninja:

Nope.  Make sure you put a condom on that horse before he goes to town on you.  Stay safe. 

Volly I found some N95 but they are hella expensive. I sent you a PM

11 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Boxes of N95 masks at my Lowe’s. Can I help? Model 8210. 

Yes please. Thanks. I can reimburse you. 

11 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Boxes of N95 masks at my Lowe’s. Can I help? Model 8210. 

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Volly I found some N95 but they are hella expensive. I sent you a PM

Yes to both of you. I can reimburse you. Thank You very much.

Harvard University Professor and Two Chinese Nationals Charged in Three Separate China Related Cases

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/harvard-university-professor-and-two-chinese-nationals-charged-three-separate-china-related

The Department of Justice announced today that the Chair of Harvard University’s Chemistry and Chemical Biology Department and two Chinese nationals have been charged in connection with aiding the People’s Republic of China.  

Dr. Charles Lieber, 60, Chair of the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology at Harvard University, was arrested this morning and charged by criminal complaint with one count of making a materially false, fictitious and fraudulent statement.  Lieber will appear this afternoon before Magistrate Judge Marianne B. Bowler in federal court in Boston, Massachusetts.

Yanqing Ye, 29, a Chinese national, was charged in an indictment today with one count each of visa fraud, making false statements, acting as an agent of a foreign government and conspiracy. Ye is currently in China. 

Zaosong Zheng, 30, a Chinese national, was arrested on Dec. 10, 2019, at Boston’s Logan International Airport and charged by criminal complaint with attempting to smuggle 21 vials of biological research to China.  On Jan. 21, 2020, Zheng was indicted on one count of smuggling goods from the United States and one count of making false, fictitious or fraudulent statements.  He has been detained since Dec. 30, 2019.

----

I don't buy the bat soup story I definitely think it has something to with a lab. Everyone should read that article it isnt a MSM article. Also the lab that professor helped setup was in Wuhan.

Checkout this link too:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/national-microbiology-lab-scientist-investigation-china-1.5307424

9 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Zaosong Zheng, 30, a Chinese national, was arrested on Dec. 10, 2019, at Boston’s Logan International Airport and charged by criminal complaint with attempting to smuggle 21 vials of biological research to China.  On Jan. 21, 2020, Zheng was indicted on one count of smuggling goods from the United States and one count of making false, fictitious or fraudulent statements.  He has been detained since Dec. 30, 2019.

If this happened it's like 2-3 years after they did the same thing in Canada.  That's what I meant by watching a slow-motion train wreck and for the average person, there is nothing we can do.  It's a helpless feeling.  Why were international flights from China not shut down sooner?  Why does our government allow these people to work in level 4 labs here?  I can guarantee that there are a total of zero white people working in China's level 4 labs.  We are governed by fools.

Not sure if you are checking Zerohedge but if not you might be interested in some of their articles.

Here's is one, hopefully, untrue, that's scary as fock:  https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/coronavirus-contains-hiv-insertions-stoking-fears-over-artificially-created-bioweapon

• Like 1

I'm looking at every listed major virus outbreak since the 60's and almost all of them are caused by bats.  I say we kill all the focking bats.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30260-9/fulltext

In our baseline scenario, we estimated that the basic reproductive number for 2019-nCoV was 2·68 (95% CrI 2·47–2·86) and that 75 815 individuals (95% CrI 37 304–130 330) have been infected in Wuhan as of Jan 25, 2020. The epidemic doubling time was 6·4 days (95% CrI 5·8–7·1). We estimated that in the baseline scenario, Chongqing, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen had imported 461 (95% CrI 227–805), 113 (57–193), 98 (49–168), 111 (56–191), and 80 (40–139) infections from Wuhan, respectively. If the transmissibility of 2019-nCoV were similar everywhere domestically and over time, we inferred that epidemics are already growing exponentially in multiple major cities of China with a lag time behind the Wuhan outbreak of about 1–2 weeks.

In short, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Wait till it starts spreading here and there are no masks available.  Our dumb focking government just today I think is finally stopping flights from China.

39 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Wait till it starts spreading here and there are no masks available.  Our dumb focking government just today I think is finally stopping flights from China.

I have some 😷

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

How many?

40 I bought some for Volty but I can't get my hands on near enough so I decided to keep them. Thinking about adding a few more.

47 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

40 I bought some for Volty but I can't get my hands on near enough so I decided to keep them. Thinking about adding a few more.

I have 27 masks.  I went back to get more for Volty and poof, they were gone.

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Ive got some masks I can give Volty.  How do you ship to Chiner?

Maybe IM him.  I think he'd be very happy just to get some for his family.

26 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Maybe IM him.  I think he'd be very happy just to get some for his family.

Wow IM hahaha there is a blast from the past.

What is his SN

10 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

What is his SN

Voltaire

42 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

What is his SN

a/s/l

• Haha 1

We're staying in the house all day. I'm going a bit stir crazy. All the restaurants and services are closed. Streets are all empty. We can get food in the stores, no problem, no shortages, although I don't much go to the store.

If you want to take a bus or a taxi downtown you can, but have to wear a mask. Only thing is the bus routes have very few buses, when I went to Walmart, I gave up waiting and took a taxi. It's the only place in the city where I can get imported food. They checked my temperature before I went in, everyone wore masks. It was a 50% busy day, a normal shopping crowd at the Walmart, which was surprising, I've seen it both fuller and emptier. I was expecting one or the other extreme. Regardless, well stocked.

School is supposed to start up on 15th, it hasn't been cancelled. 

Panzhihua is still at 9 confirmed cases for the second day in a row, five from the same family and three close friends of that family. Their names and pictures are all over social media. The chick that came here from Wuhan with her on the 21st then promptly went shopping and cavorting all over the city before running a fever a week later is focking universally despised.

The good news is that they never came close to RenHe district where we live. The bad news is seriously bad news... the hospital that they are being kept at is in RenHe. It's the one nearest my house and the one we use when our kids have gotten sick. So I have nine cases of cornoavirus a fifteen-twenty minute walk from my apartment.

I'm trying to convince my wife to leave but she doesn't want to. She thinks things'll get better with the efforts being made, and there are Herculean efforts. To travel as a Chinese person is difficult, you need to get a tourist visa and you have to go to the big cities to get one. Plus her mother is recovering from falling down. She doesn't want to hang out at airports. Lots of excuses but I think the main ones are denial that it's as bad as it is, hope it'll get better, not wanting to miss school if it starts. Since we have our own school, there's a certain responsibility to our students to start again. And then of course, she and her mother probably can't get out anyway, not nearly as easily as the kids and I can since we all have US passports.

Anyway, we're in really deep lockdown as is the rest of the community. The Chinese may have gotten off to a slow start but are really over the top in fighting now.

I saw my first mosquito of 2020 yesterday and that gave me hope. It means Spring is pretty much here. The high is 72, low of 44 today. I've told you this a few times, my hope is that a virus that is a relative of pneumonia isn't going to like our 72 degree weather, although pneumonia is known to happen in summer time.

• Thanks 1

I've read the virus does not populate well in heat. So yes that's good news. I think you have 1-2 weeks before you know how bad it's going to get.

30 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Very cool thanks for sharing

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I've been using that site for over a week. We're south Sichuan where it dips down into Yunnan. Panzhihua had been one of the last two cities in Sichuan without any known cases, we were like six day in with none, unfortunately, we were cursed with being the destination of one of Wuhan's dumbest exports. It takes a special kind of sh*tbag to break quarantine and go to a healthy city and go cavort all over town for a f*cking week. If she had reported to local authorites or at least locked herself in an empty room like any sane person, I'd be bleeding with sympathy and compassion.

We're up to ten cases locally. Sichuan as a whole has 254.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

I've read the virus does not populate well in heat. So yes that's good news. I think you have 1-2 weeks before you know how bad it's going to get.

We're to the point now where all the people that evacuated Wuhan on or before the 21st that were contagious will have turned up sick by now. And the entire community is bunkered in in huge lockdown mode, regular life is turned upside down. Surely the whole country is like this.

Where did you read that? I heard ittoo but I'm just relaying local speculation which to this point is no better than wishful thinking. I could use something to cheer me up.

33 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

We're to the point now where all the people that evacuated Wuhan on or before the 21st that were contagious will have turned up sick by now. And the entire community is bunkered in in huge lockdown mode, regular life is turned upside down. Surely the whole country is like this.

Where did you read that? I heard ittoo but I'm just relaying local speculation which to this point is no better than wishful thinking. I could use something to cheer me up.

"If the transmissibility of 2019-nCoV is similar nationally and over time, it is possible that epidemics could be already growing in multiple major Chinese cities, with a time lag of one to two weeks behind the Wuhan outbreak," says lead author Professor Joseph Wu from the University of Hong Kong. "Large cities overseas with close transport links to China could potentially also become outbreak epicentres because of substantial spread of pre-symptomatic cases unless substantial public health interventions at both the population and personal levels are implemented immediately."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/01/200131114753.htm

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-51358042

Just as likely the next major outbreak is in a city outside of China. Everyone in China is being careful, but do you think all these people in these other cities are. I really worry about a city in India getting it.

My grasped at straw is that the weather will save us. I know very well how easy it is to catch a cold in Michigan in February and this disease is cousin of pneumonia. Panzhihua February is nice, like I said, we've got highs in the 70s. I wouldn't normally worry about pneumonia in weather like this, but, in fact, I read that people do catch pneumonia in summer time. Plus I don't know for sure that being a cousin of pneumonia means jack squat when it comes to transmission of this virus. It could have nothing to do with that and we're as susceptible here as they are in the frigid north.

If temperature matters, I suspect India would be even warmer than we are except high in the moutains considering it's south of here.

11 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I saw my first mosquito of 2020 yesterday and that gave me hope. It means Spring is pretty much here. The high is 72, low of 44 today. I've told you this a few times, my hope is that a virus that is a relative of pneumonia isn't going to like our 72 degree weather, although pneumonia is known to happen in summer time.

Good luck with the Zika.  Might wanna knit some really small beanies if you plan on having more kids.

• Haha 1

On the plus side there are 300 cases outside of china with only a single confirmed death from someone who was also HIV positive.

On the negative side there was a healthy 35 year old man who required experimental drugs and supplemental oxygen.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2001191?query=featured_home

I still do not know what to make of this, since China is hiding all of the data, however I may make sure I have a month a food. If nothing else we can eat some of it throughout the summer and I can donate the rest after Hurricane season.

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

In the link I posted earlier. 15 day incubation so now is when those people will start showing symptoms not including the people they already infected