Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

I like that N95 but I don't think I'll be seeing it. You use what you have or can get. You can't buy any sort of mask at present. The stores are out.

Now, my wife was able to get her hands on the blue surgical masks that doctors use because we know people and so that's what I wore when I went out today. You're supposed to discard the thing after one use.... we aren't discarding it. No way. We're lucky just to have this pack of five at all because the doctor's kid is a student of ours. I took if off and now I'll stay home for the next long time and when I go out again, whenever, I'll put it back on. I just don't touch the blue part. Most people are doing without any mask at all.

Hopefully the whole thing dies down before school starts in mid February.

The surgical masks don’t really work. Virus is too small and those masks prevent stuff from going out, not coming in. Helps if you want to rob a Bank, though.

Silk is a great virus filter. What you should do volty is get you some nice silk panties, and wear them around on your face. Show the nongguoren some good old American ingenuity. 

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Silk is a great virus filter. What you should do volty is get you some nice soiled silk panties, and wear them around on your face. Show the nongguoren some good old American ingenuity. 

Good idea.

From the Seattle Times link:

"All in all, the science suggests they are a flawed but valid line of defense.

The outer fabric of surgical face masks is usually yellow or blue with one elastic or wire edge for tightening. To put it on properly, the mask’s absorbent side must be worn facing in and the colorful side facing out. The mask needs to securely cover the mouth, chin and nose. That’s why the edge with the strip is put on facing up, so that the elastic can easily be tightened by the nose.

Taking off the mask correctly is equally important. The mask should be treated as if it’s contaminated and pulled off by the straps around the ears, and never just lowered from the mouth."

6 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

Flight scheduled to leave Wuhan Wednesday morning (local time) with diplomats and American citizens in China.

Will be quarantined in San Francisco upon arrival.

Some pretty interesting stories of people trying to make that flight.

It's sh1t like this that tells me this is more than just a flu. 

6 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

It's sh1t like this that tells me this is more than just a flu. 

One of my dumbass friends was due to fly back today, even though we don't have to be back until Feb 17. She is currently in the air between London and Hong Kong. She is probably unaware that Hong Kong just closed the land border, train, and ferry to Shenzhen, where we live.

We all tried to tell her to find some cheap beach in southeast Asia to hang in. She didn't listen. Now she'll get to stay in the most expensive city in the area for a while. Dumbass. 

I just had a nice long write up get eaten. I'll try again tomorrow. :(

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I just had a nice long write up get eaten. I'll try again tomorrow. :(

That is too bad, interested to hear it.

6 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

That is too bad, interested to hear it.

Same

Also, not sure how dangerous or difficult it would be for Volty to post pics but I would be interested to see some.

14 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Same

Also, not sure how dangerous or difficult it would be for Volty to post pics but I would be interested to see some.

Agreed.  Can't wait to see the mass graves and piles of dead. 

Im hoping the videos and pictures from Wuhan are just fakes and made up crap...looks bad

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

Flight scheduled to leave Wuhan Wednesday morning (local time) with diplomats and American citizens in China.

Will be quarantined in San Francisco upon arrival.

Some pretty interesting stories of people trying to make that flight.

14 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Going to San Francisco? They'll catch human feces disease.

12 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Not true.

See, the nice thing about being quarantined in San Francisco is that you get San Francisco's January weather without having to deal with the San Francisco people.  It's probably not as nice as Panzhihua this time of year, but I'd still be happy to go seeing as I wouldn't be fearing death there. 

I think that flight is actually going to Ontario,CA as i just got the news my little brother got deployed there(military medical) and will be on the staff working on this.

As I got the news I was suddenly reminded of the film Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nzoner said:

I think that flight is actually going to Ontario,CA as i just got the news my little brother got deployed there(military medical) and will be on the staff working on this.

As I got the news I was suddenly reminded of the film Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman.

Yeah I made two errors.

Flight should land tonight in Ontario, not tomorrow in San Francisco.

Two week incubation period. This is far from over. 

The regular flu kills 50-80k a year. I’m betting it’s the elderly and at risk dying from corona as well.

2 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Great

They tested 2 people locally and the news made a huge deal over it... Test negative... News made a big deal of it

Simple formula 

14 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

The regular flu kills 50-80k a year. I’m betting it’s the elderly and at risk dying from corona as well.

Yup 

The local government health officials can't order protective masks from their regular sources. I guess we're the lowest priority in the Chinese system since we're a backwater provincial city without any known infection cases. So, since none of the top people speak English, and I'm one of the very few foreigners in the city, they contacted my wife for help, who in turn asked me for help. So I took two minutes just now to look up masks on amazon.com and cut and paste the link to my wife who forwarded it to the government lady.

It's still in my cut and paste: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=masks+for+germ+protection&crid=17YX0KA63DR7Z&sprefix=masks+for+germ+%2Caps%2C987&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_15

I sent it to my wife and thought I was done. She was back to chatting on the phone with the health administration lady, and, no. They didn't want the products there, they have a specific top quality protective mask they want from 3M for all the medical staff in the city  as well as the police officers that are the first line in dealing with people that want to enter the city. Snd since the normal supply system is cut off, they want to use a back channel.... me... to get it.

The city'll gladly pay, they just can't/don't know how to order it. So, fock all if I do either but I am the best English speaker in the city. Unfortunately, it's 11 at night in the US. I'm the designated point man and I'm going to have to try to order it some other way to order this mask from 3M.

15 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

The local government health officials can't order protective masks from their regular sources. I guess we're the lowest priority in the Chinese system since we're a backwater provincial city without any known infection cases. So, since none of the top people speak English, and I'm one of the very few foreigners in the city, they contacted my wife for help, who in turn asked me for help. So I took two minutes just now to look up masks on amazon.com and cut and paste the link to my wife who forwarded it to the government lady.

It's still in my cut and paste: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=masks+for+germ+protection&crid=17YX0KA63DR7Z&sprefix=masks+for+germ+%2Caps%2C987&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_15

I sent it to my wife and thought I was done. She was back to chatting on the phone with the health administration lady, and, no. They didn't want the products there, they have a specific top quality protective mask they want from 3M for all the medical staff in the city  as well as the police officers that are the first line in dealing with people that want to enter the city. Snd since the normal supply system is cut off, they want to use a back channel.... me... to get it.

The city'll gladly pay, they just can't/don't know how to order it. So, fock all if I do either but I am the best English speaker in the city. Unfortunately, it's 11 at night in the US. I'm the designated point man and I'm going to have to try to order it some other way to order this mask from 3M.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Particulate-Respirator-8210-Pack/dp/B008MCUZZS/ref=sr_1_2?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI95fqwvCn5wIVpiCtBh1O6w3XEAAYASAAEgJxf_D_BwE&hvadid=241925297229&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9027781&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=2726764063276525315&hvtargid=aud-840076997981%3Akwd-305555841&hydadcr=24664_10400964&keywords=3m+n95+mask&qid=1580268935&sr=8-2

https://www.grainger.com/product/3M-N95-Disposable-Healthcare-4MH50

https://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/respirators-safety-protection/particulate-respirators/3m-particulate-respirators.html

The problem will be the supply chain. I have a couple boxes of them at my house even because I get allergies when I cut the grass in spring and I used to do woodworking and other industrial tasks at home, but no way could I ship them to you. There is probably no mail delivery system.

:edit: just checked ~ 20 masks or so is all i have.

4 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Thanks. Unfortunately, the N95 masks at all your links are sold out.

On 1/27/2020 at 12:02 PM, Strike said:

is it safe to fly from Santa Barbara to Denver today?  If I see a Chinaman should I run?

Good luck telling a Chinaman apart from the other 500 Asian species of humans

The health and wellbeing of an entire Chinese city rest upon Voltaire's shoulders?   :o

They're focked.  :(

Volty, just find a guy in Wuhan. Have him go through the trash and retrieve masks. Ship them to you. You sell at American prices.

(this has actually been happening.)

China dude - White devil we no speak the engrish prease order mask.

Volty - Duhhh here's an amazon link

China dude - no no no white devil we need good mask look see see look good mask 3M

Volty - Ohhh you want the good stuff. Well sh1t sorry if it's not on amazon I don't know how to get it. Wait let me go ask the most retarded people on the internet.

Volty - geek club I need to save 10 million people how do I get these masks?

Geek Club - Here's a picture of a cat.

• Haha 3

Getting ready for work so geeks check this out and make sure it's n95 Volty needs to find.

Disconcerting they're mostly out of stock everywhere online. These are still in stock at the moment; 

https://www.zoro.com/3m-dust-respirator-8210-white-pk160-ocs8210/i/G4903906/?fobs2=101383&fobs=45&cjevent=d3d58c71429811ea8194006c0a1c0e0d&utm_source=CJ&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_term=&utm_content=13711284&utm_campaign=4979762

I think those masks (my link) are overkill but overkill may be the only way left to go.

9 hours ago, Voltaire said:

how many do you need?

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

China dude - White devil we no speak the engrish prease order mask.

Volty - Duhhh here's an amazon link

China dude - no no no white devil we need good mask look see see look good mask 3M

Volty - Ohhh you want the good stuff. Well sh1t sorry if it's not on amazon I don't know how to get it. Wait let me go ask the most retarded people on the internet.

Volty - geek club I need to save 10 million people how do I get these masks?

Geek Club - Here's a picture of a cat.

He should be like... 

"before I order this, I want you to repeat after me... 'China fock up by eating bats. China masks bad. Need good masks from America. Please help us American with big peemus."

Oh, and volty, if you pull this off, you have guanxi for life. (that means face, connections, clout.) you never need to worry about a visa again. 

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

All you can get. Hell, those things are worth gold in China right now. 

If people were to mail them do you think they would even make past inspection without getting stolen

Just now, bandrus1 said:

If people were to mail them do you think they would even make past inspection without getting stolen

Nope. They would be stolen immediately.

I will attempt to fill my suitcase with whatever I can find in Sri Lanka and or Kuala Lumpur on my way back though. 

5 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Good luck telling a Chinaman apart from the other 500 Asian species of humans

I've gotten pretty good at telling Chinese apart from Japanese and Koreans but I can't tell Japanese and Koreans apart from each other.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

how many do you need?

They wanted 1000. The place where my mother use to work had six boxes of 20. So that's 120 and they can order me more (if they CAN, they're in hot demand and likely already sold and shipped before they they can be placed on the storage shelf most likely).  

I'll try to get my hands on another 880. In fact though they don't want 1000, they want lots and lots and lots.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

They wanted 1000. The place where my mother use to work had six boxes of 20. So that's 120 and they can get me more (if they can, they're in hot demand).  

I'll try to get my hands on another 880. In fact though they don't want 1000, they want lots and lots and lots.

I know a few people in medical sales let me see if I can get any and ship them to you. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Oh, and volty, if you pull this off, you have guanxi for life. (that means face, connections, clout.) you never need to worry about a visa again. 

Yeah, my wife tells me similar. Our school license is only good in this suburb (not even in the city proper, let alone Sichuan). We'll be pretty secure... the local police are out there interacting with people, any one of whom could accidentally contaminate them, then the local hospitals need the masks if anyone slips through.