MDC

So what’s your alcohol consumption like these days?

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

We had one of those like a month ago and the CIO was there, he is my bosses boss. he was yammering on like he always does and then he asked us "what would you like to change if you could change anything about working from home"  I said "I would like the CIO to stop bloviating"  was like 20 people on the call, and shockingly no one seemed to know what it really meant and then all rushed to look it up, even the CIO didn't know what it meant.  Then he did a share screen and showed the definition, everyone started cracking up. next time we had a meeting he said "I will make this fast so i don't bloviate"

Mind you, I already have a very good, joking relationship with him, it's not like I just said it out of the blue. No one would else would dare say it, but we bust each others nuts all the time

Always good to have that type of relationship with your higher ups, such that you're comfortable making  comment like that.  :thumbsup:

46 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

That's awesome. I really liked that place, although I was the only who didn't catch a 500-pound catfish. Did you ever fix the pier that wiffleball broke? Also, I haven't heard from Farmer Bernie in ages. He stopped by my house in Tyler years ago. I saw TRF fairly recently. He was here on business, and we went out for a few beers. 

Yes sir.  We replaced the entire thing.  

I exchanged some emails with TRF since he is back in the Houston area.

41 minutes ago, Strike said:

Always good to have that type of relationship with your higher ups, such that you're comfortable making  comment like that.  :thumbsup:

my mantra is "know your audience"  When people I work with always ask me why I don't live in HR.

6 hours ago, edjr said:

We had one of those like a month ago and the CIO was there, he is my bosses boss. he was yammering on like he always does and then he asked us "what would you like to change if you could change anything about working from home"  I said "I would like the CIO to stop bloviating"  was like 20 people on the call, and shockingly no one seemed to know what it really meant and then all rushed to look it up, even the CIO didn't know what it meant.  Then he did a share screen and showed the definition, everyone started cracking up. next time we had a meeting he said "I will make this fast so i don't bloviate"

Mind you, I already have a very good, joking relationship with him, it's not like I just said it out of the blue. No one would else would dare say it, but we bust each others nuts all the time

You’re lucky he didn’t defenestrate you. 

1 hour ago, frank said:

You’re lucky he didn’t defenestrate you. 

🤜  ✊

First two weeks of self containment I drank every night for two weeks.  Me and the wife took notice and we had to make a schedule as every day seems the same.  We have drinks Friday, Saturday,  Monday, and Wednesday.   Three days out of the work week I feel great.  Take off pretty much every other day.  We had to do something and its working out.  

3 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

You Last Dance creeps are driving me to drink more

Well, shots up!

Wife and I polished off 3 bottles of red wine while enjoying the sunny evening on our deck. Good times. 

Wife and I had a bottle of red to go with the tenderloin tips we got from butchering our whole tenderloin.  Dear lordy those were tasty.  We've got similar plans through Mother's Day weekend.  :cheers:

On 5/6/2020 at 9:47 AM, Bert said:

Yes sir.  We replaced the entire thing.  

I exchanged some emails with TRF since he is back in the Houston area.

It's only about 3.5 hours away from me. I'm ready.

18 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Wife and I had a bottle of red to go with the tenderloin tip we got from butchering our whole tenderloin.  Dear lordy those were tasty.  We've got similar plans through Mother's Day weekend.  :cheers:

Ha. I gave your wife just the tip last night too. Just the tip. 

Happy hour has started....

Gin rocks 

I’ll be getting started in about an hour. 6 more days until we move...need to pass the time.

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Vodka and soda. Going down like Gladiators’ mom right now.

:mad:

18 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Spaten Ale

Gentleman Jack back

Ahh, Gentleman Jack... a few years ago the wife and I were on a cruise which had a "Sidecar" drink made with Gentleman Jack instead of brandy.  It quickly became my pre-dinner cocktail.  My wife became fond of the Kir Royale for hers, which she still occasionally drinks.  Fond memories.  For some reason I've never bought Gentleman Jack or tried to recreate that; I think I'll fix that soon.  :cheers:

• Like 1

A new bottle of Citron purchased tonight. I fully expect it to be in Monday's recycling

I ordered delivery for the first time in over a month last night and found out that our local joint that we like delivers alcohol.  64 Oz Growler of Guiness, which I knocked off last night.  It was delicious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I ordered delivery for the first time in over a month last night and found out that our local joint that we like delivers alcohol.  64 Oz Growler of Guiness, which I knocked off last night.  It was delicious.

it's so retarded. you can get up to 160 oz of beer and get wine, but you can't get booze. :wacko:

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Ahh, Gentleman Jack... 

Apparently it has been made well known this is my drink of choice (although wife is not a fan so when are out we drink Tullamore Dew - which is the popular shot at our go to place). 
I get gifted GJ bottles all year long. 

6 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Apparently it has been made well known this is my drink of choice (although wife is not a fan so when are out we drink Tullamore Dew - which is the popular shot at our go to place). 

You have to get the same drink? :dunno:

Just now, KSB2424 said:

Just opened another bottle of wine.  Fock it.

I hate everybody.  

You show them! Are you going to drink it?

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

He just said he was going to fock it. :lol:

T’s and P’s to Mrs KSB.:lol:

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

T’s and P’s to Mrs KSB.:lol:

Don't knock it till you try it.  

14 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I hate everybody.  

1 hour ago, TommyGavin said:

A few weeks ago my wife bought a "margerita wine" that was way too sweet.  Since I hate to waste stuff though, I found that mixing that with a few ounces of reposado tequila isn't that bad.  Add Pellegrino, ice, and salt.  :cheers: