Alias Detective

What’s for dinner?

Hamburgers topped with mushrooms and onions sautéed in butter, garlic, Worcester sauce and red wine.  Topped with provolone cheese. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

it should store well for a while at room temp until you open it.  Then I would keep it in the fridge

I have only used fresh ginger root, never packaged, maybe that is the source of the confusion.

Jersey Mikes roast beef, turkey and bacon sub with extra oil and vinegar . MMMMMMM

• Like 1

Daughter and I made a key lime cheesecake tonight.  Very good 

20 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am going to grill or maybe even smoke pork tenderloin tomorrow. Any ideas?

Ketschup, fresh garlic and apple cider vinegar.  marinate for an hour or so.  Grill and eat.

Sunday had some friends over... 3 bruschetta toppings for appetizers, grilled salmon with lemon/dill beurre blanc, mixed berry crumble

tonight... home made bahn mi,
lychee, kiwi sorbet 

Yesterday I made chick fil a sandwiches. The sauce was good and the chicken was really good. I deep fried the chicken for a little too long so the crust was not the best. Also, the buns I picked up from CVS were moldy so I had to use regular bread.

All in all it was a hit. With a little more time to prepare I think I could do much better.

Also the Cdub household has not gotten take out or any type of fast food since January or February. We may need to hit up texas roadhouse soon. 

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Yesterday I made chick fil a sandwiches. The sauce was good and the chicken was really good. I deep fried the chicken for a little too long so the crust was not the best. Also, the buns I picked up from CVS were moldy so I had to use regular bread.

All in all it was a hit. With a little more time to prepare I think I could do much better.

My nephews wife made "chick file" for us a couple of weeks ago at a get together. It was real focking good. The deep fried spicy chicken sandwiches. MMMMMMM

1 minute ago, shorepatrol said:

My nephews wife made "chick file" for us a couple of weeks ago at a get together. It was real focking good. The deep fried spicy chicken sandwiches. MMMMMMM

Next time I need to make sure the chicken isn't frozen and roll it out a little. I think the secret is adding pickle juice to the butter milk brine.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

. I think the secret is adding pickle juice to the butter milk brine.

Sshhh. I think I just popped a boner. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Next time I need to make sure the chicken isn't frozen and roll it out a little. I think the secret is adding pickle juice to the butter milk brine.

Ya. Never frozen chicken, lots of breading 

8 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Frozen chicken and moldy CVS rolls.  There is room for some improvement.

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Frozen chicken and moldy CVS rolls.  There is room for some improvement.

LOL I mean it wasn't frozen-frozen, but could have been thawed a little more. As for the buns that's what I get for getting them at CVS that same day.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

LOL I mean it wasn't frozen-frozen, but could have been thawed a little more. As for the buns that's what I get for getting them at CVS that same day.

With chicken, I find that it is best to have them completely thawed and also I pound the chicken to have a consistent thickness. Works better when frying and grilling.

Who the fock buys buns from CVS? :lol:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

With chicken, I find that it is best to have them completely thawed and also I pound the chicken to have a consistent thickness. Works better when frying and grilling.

Who the fock buys buns from CVS? :lol:

I was in a rush and didn't feel like dealing with the crazies at the grocery store. :(

Hmmm.

fathers day I made pappardelle with boar ragu, tiramisu 

last night made jerk shrimp tacos

a few night ago chicken piccata 

mini lamb chops with Asian marinade

Tostadas with refried beans, sour cream, onions, jalapenos, shredded cheese, taco sauce, and coleslaw.

2 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Looks phenomenal.

Thank you it was really good and I nailed the homemade sauce.

Wife made wings; she's got a great technique to get them crispy if anyone is interested.  Two sauces: 1. butter, garlic, pepper, and parmesan, and 2. Frank's medium with some brown sugar.  I'm not usually a big Frank's sauce fan (I know, I know, heresy) but I liked it with the sweet evening out the sour I usually taste in it.  

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Wife made wings; she's got a great technique to get them crispy if anyone is interested.  Two sauces: 1. butter, garlic, pepper, and parmesan, and 2. Frank's medium with some brown sugar.  I'm not usually a big Frank's sauce fan (I know, I know, heresy) but I liked it with the sweet evening out the sour I usually taste in it.  

She told me last night but it came out all mumbled. If you wouldn't mind sharing it again.

10 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

She told me last night but it came out all mumbled. If you wouldn't mind sharing it again.

Same, always down to find out new ways to make wings.  One of my favorite things to do.  I grill and toss them in several sauces depending on who all is partaking.

10 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Corn starch is your friend

For a sauce try my "allin1" Wing sauce

Franks/Butter/Celery Seed/Bluecheese dressing/parm  ( I add red pepper flakes for more kick, you can also add any simple sugar like BS/Applejuice/maple syrup to sweeten)

Combine in a sauce pan and heat to all are combined, always serve warn as it will thicken way up when chilled

made white chicken chili last night.

onions, garlic, cumin, oregano, coriander, paprika, green chiles, cx broth, cooked the breasts in the mix and fork shredded, great northern beans and corn..and then grated pepperjack and tortilla chips.  

16 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

6 hours ago, Meglamaniac said:

Corn starch is your friend

For a sauce try my "allin1" Wing sauce

Franks/Butter/Celery Seed/Bluecheese dressing/parm  ( I add red pepper flakes for more kick, you can also add any simple sugar like BS/Applejuice/maple syrup to sweeten)

Combine in a sauce pan and heat to all are combined, always serve warn as it will thicken way up when chilled

She apparently follows the recipe from this link:  https://www.recipetineats.com/truly-crispy-oven-baked-buffalo-wings-my-wings-cookbook/

Basic steps:

Pat dry, coat in baking powder, bake at 250 in lower part of oven, bake at 425 in upper part of oven.

The Frank's sauce they listed is also one of the sauces she make last night:  Frank's, butter, brown sugar.  Megla's looks more interesting.  :cheers:

17 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I'm still cooking a lot at home. Lately I've been making cheesecakes, romen noodles, Chick-fil-A, and pickling my own pickles.

https://ibb.co/xL8Vdt3
https://ibb.co/Czb3XKf
https://ibb.co/Q87PMcv
https://ibb.co/Qk0fgrC

Those look awesome, thanks for sharing!

I’m eating hospital brand Ensure through a feeding tube.  Tastes like nothing with a hint of nothing and a finish of nothing.  :(

Weeks are kind of blending, but I believe some my most recent meals have been:

paella with shrimp, mussels, chorizo

jerk pork loin with Caribbean rice

carnitas

smoked chicken

gnocchi with pancetta and mushroom cream sauce

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Weeks are kind of blending, but I believe some my most recent meals have been:

jerk pork loin with Caribbean rice

What is the effort on that meal and is it worth it?

this is for chicken... I converted to pork loin

8 servings

4-6 lbs of chicken, quartered

1 medium white or yellow onion diced

3 bunches of green onion, chopped

2 scotch bonnet, chopped

2 cloves of garlic chopped

1 tbs five spice

1 tsp allspice

1 tbs gr pepper

1 tsp thyme

1 tsp gr clove

1 tsp gr nutmeg

1 tsp salt

1/2 c soy

1 tbs oil

In a food processor, combine the onion, scallions, chiles, garlic, five-spice powder, allspice, pepper, thyme, nutmeg and salt; process to a coarse paste. With the machine on, add the the soy sauce and oil in a steady stream. Pour the marinade into a large, shallow dish, add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bring the chicken to room temperature.

Grill the chicken over a medium-hot fire, turning occasionally, until well browned and cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. (Cover the grill for a smokier flavor.) Transfer the chicken to a platter and serve.

You do not need to marinate over night, but 4 plus hours gives it more flavor... I also add a little more clove.  The chopping does not need to be precise, as you will be putting it in a blender/food processor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

this is for chicken... I converted to pork loin

8 servings

4-6 lbs of chicken, quartered

1 medium white or yellow onion diced

3 bunches of green onion, chopped

2 scotch bonnet, chopped

2 cloves of garlic chopped

1 tbs five spice

1 tsp allspice

1 tbs gr pepper

1 tsp thyme

1 tsp gr clove

1 tsp gr nutmeg

1 tsp salt

1/2 c soy

1 tbs oil

In a food processor, combine the onion, scallions, chiles, garlic, five-spice powder, allspice, pepper, thyme, nutmeg and salt; process to a coarse paste. With the machine on, add the the soy sauce and oil in a steady stream. Pour the marinade into a large, shallow dish, add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bring the chicken to room temperature.

Grill the chicken over a medium-hot fire, turning occasionally, until well browned and cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. (Cover the grill for a smokier flavor.) Transfer the chicken to a platter and serve.

You do not need to marinate over night, but 4 plus hours gives it more flavor... I also add a little more clove.  The chopping does not need to be precise, as you will be putting it in a blender/food processor.

Thanks, I will give that a try. I have never had jerked pork before.

Do you have a good recipe for Caribbean rice? Or should I just pull one off google?

pilaf method.... i do a combo of stock/pineapple juice and add minced pineapple, red pepper, onion.... garlic powder, tumeric.

or you could also go with coconut milk, lime, cilantro.

if you need to tone down the paste... br sugar or honey.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Thanks, I will give that a try. I have never had jerked pork before.

Not what I hear.  😏

On 5/27/2020 at 2:37 PM, Bier Meister said:

grilling, searing roasting are the best methods for tenderloin...but you could get a little smoke on it then finish on the grill....

one of my favorite bbq marinades/glazes (i use on ribs, chicken, pork chops):

5 tbs white miso

2/3 C hoisin

1 1/2 tbs minced ginger

1 1/2 tbs minced garlic

1 1/2 tbs sake or mirin

1 1/2 tbs soy

2 tbs br sugar

1 tbs sambal oelek

We are camping this weekend and I am cooking this again.  I will marinade the tenderloins for 2 days before cooking over an open camp pit on Friday.

It is an easier recipe to prepare compared to the jerked pork recipe, although I will try that some day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

We are camping this weekend and I am cooking this again.  I will marinade the tenderloins for 2 days before cooking over an open camp pit on Friday.

It is an easier recipe to prepare compared to the jerked pork recipe, although I will try that some day.

very easy.

enjoy

Seared pork loin with mushroom and truffle risotto.  2010 Barolo

Puréed soup (has stew beef and veggies).  Water.

But hey, I’m off of the feeding tube and eating with my mouf!  :cheers:

• Like 1